Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 391

Thread: Origins Display and Collection pics (show us what you got!!)

  1. #351
    Heroic Warrior MightyMegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorimir View Post
    When I saw the Chaos Snake Attack also though about that! It's true that Snake Mountain also had an attacking snake but I'm more a Horde guy. Love it!
    Great minds think alike!!

  2. #352
    Heroic Warrior MightyMegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    255
    New Case by Wes, on Flickr
    New Case by Wes, on Flickr
    New Case by Wes, on Flickr
    New Case by Wes, on Flickr
    New Case by Wes, on Flickr

  3. #353
    Broncos lovin' admin! dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    17,949
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMegs View Post
    **Photos here**
    Those are awesome!

  4. #354
    Heroic Warrior Vorimir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    106
    Hilarious!!

  5. #355
    Heroic Warrior MightyMegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    255
    Riding to War by Wes, on Flickr

  6. #356
    Heroic Warrior binkibonsai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    311

    Skeletor, Lord of Destruction

    He looks so much snazzier with a cloak and effects.



    - - - Updated - - -

    He-Men!


    Vote with your wallet.

    Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

  7. #357
    Heroic Warrior Man-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Midwesternia
    Posts
    302
    I know a lot of people aren’t too keen on this wave due to the lack of vintage MOTU representation, but I think it’s the best one since wave 4. Tons of unique new tooling here.

    FDAA0240-E131-4D0A-A48D-D75521972F55.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #358
    Heroic Warrior binkibonsai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    311

    Greyskull Fight Club!

    Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    I know a lot of people aren’t too keen on this wave due to the lack of vintage MOTU representation, but I think it’s the best one since wave 4. Tons of unique new tooling here.

    FDAA0240-E131-4D0A-A48D-D75521972F55.jpg
    Really? I thought it was a great wave; me second favourite, in fact (first being wave 5).

    Below: Meat-Beat takes the role of security as He-Man, Skeletor, Pig-head and Conan of Eternia slug it out in the Greyskull Arena!



    The figures above are all the lads that couldn't fit in me origins cabinet, so they sit on my study desk and act as little amusements that occasionally distract me when I should be writing.

    Last edited by binkibonsai; May 24, 2022 at 12:15pm.

    Vote with your wallet.

    Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

  9. #359
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    1,883
    My collection as of now excluding a few custom figures. Also none of my vehicles, creates and Castle Grayskull.

    The bad...



    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Smitty.81; May 24, 2022 at 01:41pm.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 7/3/2022

  10. #360
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    1,883
    And the good.



    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Smitty.81; May 24, 2022 at 01:41pm.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 7/3/2022

  11. #361
    Heroic Warrior MightyMegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    255
    Spitbull by Wes, on Flickr

  12. #362
    Heroic Warrior ProteinNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    798
    Where are you guys getting the 200x He-Man and Skeletors already? I canít even see preorders for them
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

  13. #363
    Court Magician Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    Melbourne, Oz
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Where are you guys getting the 200x He-Man and Skeletors already? I canít even see preorders for them
    Hi, they're available from Ebay via Malaysia. My set arrived today

  14. #364
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Sorceress View Post
    Hi, they're available from Ebay via Malaysia. My set arrived today
    Well those prices are just disgusting...

  15. #365
    Heroic Warrior binkibonsai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Well those prices are just disgusting...
    Paid RRP for mine (about $60 for a set of 4).

    Prices are possibly higher because shipping stuff abroad is ruinously expensive. From wot I've seen when we sell stuff online to US margins tend to be a bit rubbish.

    Vote with your wallet.

    Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

  16. #366
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by binkibonsai View Post
    Paid RRP for mine (about $60 for a set of 4).

    Prices are possibly higher because shipping stuff abroad is ruinously expensive. From wot I've seen when we sell stuff online to US margins tend to be a bit rubbish.
    The cheapest I've seen has been over AUD $215, and they go up from there (standard price for an Origins toy off the Big W shelf here was AUD $19). And then there's postage on top, at ridiculous prices - I know the cost of postage for items of this size from Singapore to Australia, and see no reason for a set of all 4 wave 9 toys to cost AUD $70 to post from Malaysia.

    And individually they're even worse - Mantenna for AUD $105 + $80 postage.

  17. #367
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,499
    What is Mattel's problem? Why aren't they up for preorder anywhere? Why announce 20 new figures 2/3 months ago and not give any release dates? You want to get your customers excited but then you leave them hanging. I don't like it.

    But I do like the figures. I'm super excited for the next wave. I have a few small nit-picks, but I really think all 4 look great.

  18. #368
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    What is Mattel's problem? Why aren't they up for preorder anywhere? Why announce 20 new figures 2/3 months ago and not give any release dates? You want to get your customers excited but then you leave them hanging. I don't like it.

    But I do like the figures. I'm super excited for the next wave. I have a few small nit-picks, but I really think all 4 look great.
    Mattel's communication with the fanbase has sucked for years now. They don't engage at all, and just randomly reveal/release stuff. You really think that in 2022 they'd be social media savvy, especially when they've been more so in the past (Scott). I've asked on this forum several times as to who the MOTU brand manager is and nobody seems to know.

  19. #369
    Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I've asked on this forum several times as to who the MOTU brand manager is and nobody seems to know.
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshgrahammarketing

  20. #370
    Heroic Warrior binkibonsai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    And then there's postage on top, at ridiculous prices - I know the cost of postage for items of this size from Singapore to Australia, and see no reason for a set of all 4 wave 9 toys to cost AUD $70 to post from Malaysia.
    ... Wait, WHAT?! Yikes that's a hell of a scalp! I think that's like twice wot ye should be paying.

    Better wait for it to hit your local online dealers.
    Maybe check social media to see if your local toy groups have seen em anywhere.

    That being said I think wave 9 is gonna be hard to get.

    They only hit our independent collector stores in small volumes (like cases in the single digits) and one of me regular shops said he couldn't get restock.

    Luckily a second shop I knew were kind enough to reserve a set for me.
    Last edited by binkibonsai; May 27, 2022 at 12:51pm.

    Vote with your wallet.

    Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

  21. #371
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    1,883
    Quote Originally Posted by binkibonsai View Post
    ... Wait, WHAT?! Yikes that's a hell of a scalp! I think that's like twice wot ye should be paying.
    Shipping to Australia is expensive because it has to go by ship over 6,000 km, that's a lot of oil.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 7/3/2022

  22. #372
    Heroic Warrior ProteinNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    798

    Origins Display and Collection pics (show us what you got!!)

    Lol sure but thatís what a high postage cost is forÖdoubling the cost of the figures on top of that is just being an ass.

    Iíll definitely pick up 3 out of this wave but Iíll just wait till they go up on pre order. Iím not feeding the trolls.
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

  23. #373
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Shipping to Australia is expensive because it has to go by ship over 6,000 km, that's a lot of oil.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    No it doesn't. We were talking about buying from Malaysian retailers who have early stock and are flogging it on e-bay for absurd amounts. And mail from there to here goes by plane.

    Postage from Malaysia to Australia for 4 toys on cards should cost AUD $30 maximum, and probably closer to $20.

  24. #374
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    1,883
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    No it doesn't. We were talking about buying from Malaysian retailers who have early stock and are flogging it on e-bay for absurd amounts. And mail from there to here goes by plane.

    Postage from Malaysia to Australia for 4 toys on cards should cost AUD $30 maximum, and probably closer to $20.
    I stand corrected.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 7/3/2022

  25. #375
    Heroic Warrior Vorimir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    106
    Great picture with He Man Origins 200x and Spitbull. That reminds me how dumb were a lot of vehicles from the 200x line.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •