Thread: Fan Q & A

Fan Q & A

What happened to this? The last one was 6 months ago, and those questions were never answered...

Who's in charge of PR for MOTU at Mattel? Do they even interact with the org at all?

Beats me, Durendal.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    Beats me, Durendal.
    Super helpful as always neophron.
    cogito ergo doleo

It's very strange that in 2021, a time when we're all drowning in social media and literally have dozens of ways to stay in contact, Mattel's communication with MOTU fans has been virtually zero despite pushing the biggest MOTU product and media rollout in 20 years. It's frankly bizarre on their part. There's no excuse whatsoever. Their team during Classics was constantly in touch with the fan base, and highly responsive. What happened?

JVS3, can you comment on this situation? Any insight would be nice because it's a confusing situation given the plethora of easy communication tools available.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    It's very strange that in 2021, a time when we're all drowning in social media and literally have dozens of ways to stay in contact, Mattel's communication with MOTU fans has been virtually zero despite pushing the biggest MOTU product and media rollout in 20 years. It's frankly bizarre on their part. There's no excuse whatsoever. Their team during Classics was constantly in touch with the fan base, and highly responsive. What happened?

JVS3, can you comment on this situation? Any insight would be nice because it's a confusing situation given the plethora of easy communication tools available.
    They have sent answers to the Q&A. I hope to post them tonight.

To be fair, I've had them but I got side tracked with Power-Con lately. Mattel was not ignoring the Q&A. You can blame me.

As far as their PR plan and communicating with fans, I have no idea. I wish I did, but I don't work for Mattel. I have to assume they have a PR plan in place. I'm sure they have to coordinate with Netflix, who are known for keeping things pretty quiet until it gets closer to the premiere of a show.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Super helpful as always neophron.
    I often wonder if this account is actually a bot
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I often wonder if this account is actually a bot
    At least he was honest without being rude. I give him points for that.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    They have sent answers to the Q&A. I hope to post them tonight.

To be fair, I've had them but I got side tracked with Power-Con lately. Mattel was not ignoring the Q&A. You can blame me.

As far as their PR plan and communicating with fans, I have no idea. I wish I did, but I don't work for Mattel. I have to assume they have a PR plan in place. I'm sure they have to coordinate with Netflix, who are known for keeping things pretty quiet until it gets closer to the premiere of a show.
    Thanks for clarifying!