Thread: Masters of the WWE Universe: Still Walmart Exclusive?

Masters of the WWE Universe: Still Walmart Exclusive?

Does anyone know if this line is still Walmart exclusive? It’s been almost impossible to find the figures at Walmart and their website is horrific, I long for the day when I can preorder them at a real toy store like BBTS or Entertainment Earth rather than competing with scalper bots at Walmart.

Unfortunately yes they are still exclusive to Walmart. You have to constantly keep checking their website and maybe get lucky.
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by RabidWookie View Post
    Does anyone know if this line is still Walmart exclusive? It’s been almost impossible to find the figures at Walmart and their website is horrific, I long for the day when I can preorder them at a real toy store like BBTS or Entertainment Earth rather than competing with scalper bots at Walmart.

Nope, you have to get lucky and find them at Walmart. Even when you see them available for in store order pickup chances are they will sub them with multiple He-Man or Skeletors when you get to the store because they do not have them (happened to me twice).

To give you an idea I have been to over a half a dozen Walmart stores since these came out and only once (recently) did I see some on the shelf. And in that case only two (Stephanie McMahon and Goldberg) and the cardbacks were heavily damaged.

All of that bad news said, I really love this line and I was determined to have them all. And, I do have them all Wave 1-6 and both rings with figures. In my case all of the waves came from ebay unfortunately. The snake mountain ring came from Walmart.com when it was available (maybe it still is, didn't check) and the Grayskull ring (with figures) came from Big Lots for a cool $25.

I guess you'd have to be really dedicated to "collect them all" but if you do you'll be happy you did. The figures are superbly done and the paint apps on many of these are simply awesome. Just a shame distribution is so limited.

Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    Nope, you have to get lucky and find them at Walmart. Even when you see them available for in store order pickup chances are they will sub them with multiple He-Man or Skeletors when you get to the store because they do not have them (happened to me twice).

To give you an idea I have been to over a half a dozen Walmart stores since these came out and only once (recently) did I see some on the shelf. And in that case only two (Stephanie McMahon and Goldberg) and the cardbacks were heavily damaged.

All of that bad news said, I really love this line and I was determined to have them all. And, I do have them all Wave 1-6 and both rings with figures. In my case all of the waves came from ebay unfortunately. The snake mountain ring came from Walmart.com when it was available (maybe it still is, didn't check) and the Grayskull ring (with figures) came from Big Lots for a cool $25.

I guess you'd have to be really dedicated to "collect them all" but if you do you'll be happy you did. The figures are superbly done and the paint apps on many of these are simply awesome. Just a shame distribution is so limited.
    These and origins are made from the same company but the WWE paint apps are way better. It’s not even close
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

I’m only collecting the figures of wrestlers I grew up with (mid-80’s to mid-90’s), but some of them have been really impossible to find for anywhere’s near MSRP (Macho Man, Undertaker, Jake the Snake, Mr T...) and when I do get lucky on Walmart.com my order usually gets cancelled. “Walmart Exclusive” has been a dirty word in my house lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    These and origins are made from the same company but the WWE paint apps are way better. It’s not even close
    Agreed. And it is probably because of the licensing. I suspect Mattel had to hold a much higher standard to retain the WWE license. That is not to say their own Origins stuff is bad...not at all. It is great and I love it of course. But the WWE MOTU line's paint apps fall more in line with the paint apps you see on the exclusive Powercon LOP figures. A lot went into these WWE MOTU figures and it shows.

I would be collecting this line if i was able to get them at normal prices in the UK.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidWookie View Post
    I’m only collecting the figures of wrestlers I grew up with (mid-80’s to mid-90’s), but some of them have been really impossible to find for anywhere’s near MSRP (Macho Man, Undertaker, Jake the Snake, Mr T...) and when I do get lucky on Walmart.com my order usually gets cancelled. “Walmart Exclusive” has been a dirty word in my house lately.
    It’s funny. I have seen a ton of these then the MOTU Origins. I have seen the Mr T figure a few times when that wave came out last year.