Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Studios Phase 4 Movie Lineup Trailer

Marvel Studios Phase 4 Movie Lineup Trailer

"The world may change and evolve, but the one thing that will never change: we’re all part of one big family."

Look for the subtle hint at 2:55

Yes! The Fantastic Four!!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

Bang Your Head
    That trailer did nothing. It was just a recap of the last 13 years. With how little has been released and teased for the Eterinals, and the feedback it's gotten based of concept art and the Marvel Legends and LEGO sets, Marvel Studios has to be doing some sort of damage control to try to make that film somewhat profitable. From what was just shown in that teaser, it looks to be Inhumans all over again. I want Eternials to be good (I don't want any Marvel or DC film to be bad, but the reality is, some of those films absolutely suck).

And until casting and a filming has begun, I'm not holding my breath on Marvel's first family to appear anytime soon...

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    That trailer did nothing. It was just a recap of the last 13 years. With how little has been released and teased for the Eterinals, and the feedback it's gotten based of concept art and the Marvel Legends and LEGO sets, Marvel Studios has to be doing some sort of damage control to try to make that film somewhat profitable. From what was just shown in that teaser, it looks to be Inhumans all over again. I want Eternials to be good (I don't want any Marvel or DC film to be bad, but the reality is, some of those films absolutely suck).

And until casting and a filming has begun, I'm not holding my breath on Marvel's first family to appear anytime soon...
    I don't know about that, I don't think there has been a single truly bad MCU film. Even their bottom of the barrel films are at worse mediocre.

It's the internet, where everything is either the greatest thing ever or the worst thing ever. Heck even the term mediocre means is often used more as an insult.

But stepping back the mentality has only been made worse with the advent of the internet. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time to the person who first said 'there are two types of X....' and just remove them from history because it's caused so many deeper problems with today.

But will be nice to get back into Marvel movies etc, I haven't watched any of the series yet (no disney+ yet) and it has been a bit of a nice breath after Endgame.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I just want a good Post-X-Men: Day of Future Past movie. X Men 2 & DoF were my favorites.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I don't know about that, I don't think there has been a single truly bad MCU film. Even their bottom of the barrel films are at worse mediocre.
    Iron Man 2 and 3
    Thor 2
    Avengers 2 and 4...

Iron Man 2 and 3
    Thor 2
    Avengers 2 and 4...
    So four mediocre films and one good film.

I didn't like Thor 2, Iron Man 3. There was some others I wasn't too keen on but they were not as bad and boring as Thor 2 and Iron Man 3.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    this phase is looking pretty bleh... Fantastic Four is exciting, but until casting is announced, I'm skeptical there, too.

John K. and Emily Blunt... do it, Marvel!

and quit sitting on the X-men. I know they want a pause between the Fox stuff, but with the pandemic and the current release schedule, that pause is going to be waaaay too long.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    What a hater some people are...

Either that or he LOVES DC and hates Marvel you know those people...

- - - Updated - - -

Iron Man 2 and 3
    Thor 2
    Avengers 2 and 4...
    Your DEF in the minority.......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    this phase is looking pretty bleh... Fantastic Four is exciting, but until casting is announced, I'm skeptical there, too.

John K. and Emily Blunt... do it, Marvel!

and quit sitting on the X-men. I know they want a pause between the Fox stuff, but with the pandemic and the current release schedule, that pause is going to be waaaay too long.
    Why hurry the X-Men & FF up?? Most of those films were horrible and they want to wait until other projects that were started first move forward...

Heroic Warrior
    Captain Marvel and Thor 1 and 2 are the greatest movies ever made.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    These should be Disney+ shows, at best...
    Black Widow (set in the past) - story-wise, I can't seem to get invested because Nat has been dead for sometime now...
    Shang Chi --- could be fun, but seems more Disney+...
    Eternals --- why a movie on these folks? and I read that supposed script leak... seems like an odd story, still not sure what it is about.
    The Marvels --- I only want to see Brie Larson on screen one more time... to have Rogue suck her dry! When she comes out of the coma, she is then played by Charlize Theron, who should have been Carol from the start.

Probably more meh...
    Spider-man 3 --- like this version of Spider-man in the Avengers movies, but his two solo movies were too centered on the lousy/unfunny supporting high school cast. Raimi's supporting cast was more entertaining. These movies make me worry about Fantastic Four...
    Wakanda Forever --- again, decent in the Avengers movies, but BP was a CGI fest with plot points that were ridiculous. "He is the new king we must obey him even if he is evil... Fast forward 10 mins... we will rebel against the king because he is evil!"

Potentially worth a laugh or two...
    Thor 4 - the last Thor was pretty fun.
    Ant-Man 3 - these aren't epic or spectacular, but Rudd is funny, and these are usually worth a watch.
    Guardians 3 - 1 was great, but 2 was kind of a stinker. Hoping they add Adam Strange or something to make it fresh.

Potentially excited for...
    Dr. Strange 2 --- Sam Raimi directing, Danny Elfman scoring... this could be good.
    F4 --- the shock the MCU needs to keep it exciting... hoping they cast them well! No teenie bopper F4 please!

and start sprinkling in some X-men!!! X-men done right is money in the bank!!!

Bang Your Head
    Probably more meh...
    Spider-man 3 --- like this version of Spider-man in the Avengers movies, but his two solo movies were too centered on the lousy/unfunny supporting high school cast. Raimi's supporting cast was more entertaining. These movies make me worry about Fantastic Four...
    Wakanda Forever --- again, decent in the Avengers movies, but BP was a CGI fest with plot points that were ridiculous. "He is the new king we must obey him even if he is evil... Fast forward 10 mins... we will rebel against the king because he is evil!"
    The MCU Spidey films aren't as bad as the two less-than-Amazing films that came before, but they aren't as good as the Rami films (as much as I dislike those), but those deliver.

Black Panther and Captain Marvel were what they were, and they just feel like filler. They aren't very memorable.
    My favorites have bee, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, GotG 2, Doctor Strange, Infinity War...
    Last edited by MossMan710179; May 4, 2021 at 05:36pm.

Eh...the trailer was OK.

I'm not that excited for Phase 4. Phases 1-3 adapted the best Marvel stories and now it seems Marvel Studios is focusing more on the "modern age"/Disney stuff which is pretty horrible IMO. Plus there appears to be no more Steve Rogers or Tony Stark which makes any Avengers team pretty much worthless and not worth my time. I'm looking forward to a few movies but not like I was for Phases 1-3.

Iron Man 3, Captain Marvel, and Thor 2 were all pretty bad. Not as bad as Man of Steel or B vs SM but they were still bad. Black Panther wasn't really bad it was just SO overrated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Captain Marvel and Thor 1 and 2 are the greatest movies ever made.

I loved Thor 1.

Heroic Warrior
    Iíll be honest Iím looking forward to seeing them all. Iím a big marvel fan so Iíll always go see them. Will I be blown away by all of them, probably not but I go to a cinema thatís only a fiver a ticket so itís not breaking the bank to see them with my partner and son.
    I donít know much about the eternals but Iíll give them a go, surely it canít be as bad as the inhumans. I hope the new F4 gets it right this time after 3 awful versions of the family. Iím just impatient for some x-men to cross my screen now.
    For me marvel has built up a lot of trust because in the most part theyíve bought out movies I have really enjoyed. My least faves are the iron man films and gotg2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Eh...the trailer was OK.

I'm not that excited for Phase 4. Phases 1-3 adapted the best Marvel stories and now it seems Marvel Studios is focusing more on the "modern age"/Disney stuff which is pretty horrible IMO. Plus there appears to be no more Steve Rogers or Tony Stark which makes any Avengers team pretty much worthless and not worth my time. I'm looking forward to a few movies but not like I was for Phases 1-3.
    Honestly, I'm really excited for more Ant-Man, Doctor Strange and, of course, the Fantastic Four... but, those are all so far down the line that they are inconsequential right now.

My hope is that the MCU starts to focus on the Cosmic Marvel Tales. Now that they have their stable of characters under one roof, I would love to see the Silver Surfer (one of my all-time favorite Marvel characters), Adam Warlock, The Shi'ar, Starjammers, Quasar, and Galactus and his many heralds...

Captain Marvel did an awesome job of introducing us to the Kree and Skrull conflict, and I can't wait to see what Marvels brings us!

But seriously... a Silver Surfer movie? I. Am. In.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I loved Thor 1.
    The Thor movies always seem to get a lot of unwarranted flak...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    The Thor movies always seem to get a lot of unwarranted flak...
    I thought the first Thor movie was okay. Didn't like the second that much...thought it was quite boring. The third was okay...but a bit too comical.

As a life-long DC fan, the MCU has made me a real MCU fanboy.

They definitely had some bumps in the road, but the MCU is a very successful model. By putting the importance of character over plot, relationships over villains, and dialogue over monologues, the MCU movies have made connections to people that few franchises have done before. The only one I can think of would be Star Trek. It is no wonder that the signatures for the main cast during the credits for Endgame was done previously in Star Trek VI. The fans care about these characters as if they are real people almost. That sign-off for each of those movies was an emotional gut punch to me. But I appreciated it so much.

That said, I really liked this video. The Stan Lee voice over really worked. I loved the bit showing the fans' reaction to the portals scene in Endgame. It makes me miss going to the movie theater!

I do not read Marvel comics, so I know very little about Shang Chi, the Eternals, and the Marvels. That makes me all the more excited since it is new to me! And at this point, I 100% trust any thing the MCU releases. I'm sold.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Interesting reports that Marvel is in talks with Henry Cavill to play Hercules in upcoming MCU films. Man, between potentially joining the MCU, playing arguably the best version of Superman in the DCU, the Witcher series, Mission Impossible films, and even rumours he'll be cast as the next James Bond (he barely lost out to Daniel Craig in 2006), this guy is a hot property...

NOPE.. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long is DC with MOS 2

its only been 8 years since the last film and STILL no real word on when that is happening. only that henry cavil still has not given up on the cape.. yet.

WB just loves to release batman films every 5 min
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Thor Dark World is the Attack of the Clones of the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    Thor Dark World is the Attack of the Clones of the MCU
    I feel like Thor 2 gets a bad rap when it's really not that bad of a movie. The biggest issue I think it has is that its main villain feels like a side note the entire movie. So then, the big ending seemed not that big and overall kinda boring. There's some good stuff in there though.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I feel like Thor 2 gets a bad rap when it's really not that bad of a movie. The biggest issue I think it has is that its main villain feels like a side note the entire movie. So then, the big ending seemed not that big and overall kinda boring. There's some good stuff in there though.
    i actually like thor 2...a lot.
    FREAK OUT!!!!!! FREAK OUT!!!! YEAHHHH!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I'm not sure why one is liked over the other. Thor was the first Marvel movie that I thought was . . . bad.

Captain Marvel, however, is the best Marvel movie.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'm not sure why one is liked over the other. Thor was the first Marvel movie that I thought was . . . bad.

Captain Marvel, however, is the best Marvel movie.
    Maybe it's just me but back when the original Thor movie came out my expectations of comic book movies was much lower. So I was satisfied. Now days I have a hard time with it mostly because they colored his eyebrows. I just can't stop seeing it.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."