Thread: Answers to Fan Q&A 4.1

Answers to Fan Q&A 4.1

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these.
    Check out their answers to your Round 1 questions.

This round of questions were selected by AntiEternia He-Man.
    Thanks to that fan for their help.

1. zodak74: The part swapping aspect of the Origins toyline seems like it would lend itself to "Create You Own Character" style accessory packs. Is Mattel considering accessory packs that might feature extra items such as boots, hands, arm attachments, etc?

The modularity of Masters of the Universe: Origins is definitely one of our favorite features. It’s been so fun to see our fans' creativity in action as new heroes, creatures, and wardrobes are created! An accessory pack could be something we offer in the future if it's what the fans want, but we are currently building out the rich world of classic characters through our Origins figures.

2. AntiEternia He-Man: Are there any plans to use crowdfunding to allow for items in the MOTU universe that might not be suitable for a retail setting? It could be for Origins, Masterverse, the previous Classics line, or something completely new and different.

Crowdfunding is definitely a trend we've noticed across the action figure industry and is something we have used to bring products to market across the Mattel portfolio over the past few years. Our world-class design and marketing teams are always exploring new ways to bring the figures, vehicles, and settings from Eternia to life that don't necessarily fit the traditional retailer model.

3. Jean: "Masterverse" implies you will be visiting the various incarnations of MOTU. Will more waves of Classics be included under the Masterverse banner so that we may get missing characters to complete our Classics collection, like other New Adventures characters for example?

You'll have to wait and see!

4. Lich Leech: Is there any chance of seeing the vintage MOTU giant / over-sized figures that were teased a couple of years ago at Power-Con by Mattel?

There are an incredible number of Masters of the Universe products coming out of all shapes and sizes across various Mattel brands. We feel there will be something all fans will love in 2021 and beyond!

5. T-man: Could we see some Mike Young Productions cartoon characters in Masterverse? I'm specifically asking about the 200X MYP designs that would allow for bulkier figures of various sizes and dimensions.

We're very excited for the Mastersverse toy line that will be hitting shelves to support the upcoming Netflix show, Masters of the Universe: Revelation. While we can't reveal anything about Masterverse at this time, we're always open to great ideas and know that fans will love it!

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 1!
    Click here for a master list of all previous 4.0 Q&A sessions with Mattel.
    Click here for a master list of all previous 3.0 Q&A sessions with Super7.
    Click here for a master list of all previous 2.0 Q&A sessions with Mattycollector.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your questions!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Well, that was a bunch of canned non-answers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post

Yeah. My thoughts exactly.

Heroic Warrior
    Huh. I'm having Magic 8 Ball flashbacks... (Hilariously, that is also a Mattel product. )

Jesus Christ. This answer-by-committee marketing speak is such a waste of time.

1. zodak74: The part swapping aspect of the Origins toyline seems like it would lend itself to "Create You Own Character" style accessory packs. Is Mattel considering accessory packs that might feature extra items such as boots, hands, arm attachments, etc?

The modularity of Masters of the Universe: Origins is definitely one of our favorite features. It’s been so fun to see our fans' creativity in action as new heroes, creatures, and wardrobes are created! An accessory pack could be something we offer in the future if it's what the fans want, but we are currently building out the rich world of classic characters through our Origins figures.

Let me be the first then, as a fan, to say: "Yes, this IS something that I want" Anyone else?
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post

The modularity of Masters of the Universe: Origins is definitely one of our favorite features. Itís been so fun to see our fans' creativity in action as new heroes, creatures, and wardrobes are created! An accessory pack could be something we offer in the future if it's what the fans want, but we are currently building out the rich world of classic characters through our Origins figures.

Let me be the first then, as a fan, to say: "Yes, this IS something that I want" Anyone else?
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/13/2021

I'd get more clearer answers out of a Mattel made Magic 8 Ball lol
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar

For real!!! Why even bother...

At least they didn't total shoot down Classics figures. "The Classics line is on hiatus" ...was that the last answer we got from them? Or something similar?

Heroic Warrior
    Count me in as number three

Heroic Warrior
    Why bother having a Q and A if you arenít going to actually answer anythingÖ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Keep reading the bios!"

I didn't know this Q & A existed otherwise I'd have submitted the question myself...but why is no one asking about the seemingly poor distribution? Are there plans to flood Target with ROE two packs? Will they stop doing store exclusives or make Origins available online through Mattel? Are these type of questions not appropriate for this Q & A?

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    I didn't know this Q & A existed otherwise I'd have submitted the question myself...but why is no one asking about the seemingly poor distribution? Are there plans to flood Target with ROE two packs? Will they stop doing store exclusives or make Origins available online through Mattel? Are these type of questions not appropriate for this Q & A?
    The questions were submitted in the Fall, when it was still Walmart exclusive.

I'm now reminded of a line from Billy Madison:

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    ok, thanks for clearing that up!!

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    to be fair, distribution sucked then too.
    cogito ergo doleo

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    "Keep reading the bios!"
    Uhhh! I had all but forgotten that nonsense ...

Court Magician
    To be fair, all of the questions were variations of "Is Mattel considering releasing THIS product..." - which you know they are not going to answer either way.
    Need questions which aren't about upcoming unannounced stuff.

If there is another ne of these can someone ask if there are still plans for an Australian retail release?

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Guess I need to break this old meme out again:

"How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Mrskeletor View Post
    To be fair, all of the questions were variations of "Is Mattel considering releasing THIS product..." - which you know they are not going to answer either way.

If there is another ne of these can someone ask if there are still plans for an Australian retail release?
    Ask your questions right here:

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...an-Q-amp-A-4-2

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Preview of the next round of Q&A:

Q: Will Mattel make an actual power sword that can literally transform me into He-Man?

A: Anything's possible! We've got a lot of great stuff coming out soon, so you'll have to wait and see!

Q: Will the next wave of Origins have G.I. Joe and Transformers characters?

A: Anything's possible! We've got a lot of great stuff coming out soon, so you'll have to wait and see!

Q: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Q: Does Mattel ever take Fan Q&A seriously?

A: No

I doubt we'd get any better answers if we asked questions about the sloppy paint jobs that are rampant in this line, and accessories that can't fit in figures' hands.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior

A traditional, if nonsensical, "response" to the question is: "A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood".[5] Other—similarly unhelpful—responses include "So much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood!" and "He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, and chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood."[6]

A 1957 Associated Press piece refers to the question as "a riddle which beats the Sphinx, since it's still unanswered".[7] A more concrete answer was published by the Associated Press in 1988, which reported that a New York fish and wildlife technician named Richard Thomas had calculated the volume of dirt in a typical 25–30-foot (7.6–9.1 m) long woodchuck burrow and had determined that if the woodchuck had moved an equivalent volume of wood, it could move "about 700 pounds (320 kg) on a good day, with the wind at his back".[8][9] Another study, which considered "chuck" to be the opposite of upchucking, determined that a woodchuck could ingest 361.9237001 cm3 (22.08593926 cu in)[10] of wood per day.[11]

[QUOTE=Sword2Blanket;3925367]Preview of the next round of Q&A:

Q: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Last edited by midor; May 6, 2021 at 04:55pm.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    My thoughts exactly
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor