Thread: Mega Construx most wanted!

Heroic Warrior

Mega Construx most wanted!

Mega Construx has released 19 of the 60 vintage Masters of the Universe characters plus the Goddess, with Man-E-Faces, Roboto and Orko coming later this year.
    Of the 38 remaining, who do you think would be most exciting in this format?
    For me, #1 is Modulok! He could be sold as a two-pack, a common format for Mega. He could reuse the He-Man torso and pair of arms (version without molded bracer) and both his clawed and green-striped "shoe" legs could reuse existing thighs. To make him look more like two normal figures in the package, he could have a second torso that has the Filmation harness instead of being nude (and they could throw in a third clawed leg).
    Once he's done, Multi-Bot would obviously make another great fit. However, as he's a less-popular character who would need all-new parts, I'll drop him to #3 and suggest a Two-Bad two-pack for #2!

e8fe3215b3ed3e2b380fff02ef9d6221.jpg

Ignore the duplicate Tuvar (blue) leg and packaging Tuvar/Baddrah with one alt-head would get you parts for two complete action figures with a torso left over, even when Two-Bad is assembled.

All of them! I don't think this is a line where people are picking and choosing what to buy. They are buying the whole line.

Fuzzy Grizlor that's not an exclusive, would be my #1.
    Hell, no con exclusives would be my wish.

Need more bad guy vehicles/playsets.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    All of them! I don't think this is a line where people are picking and choosing what to buy. They are buying the whole line.
    Of course! I couldn't agree more. Those are just the 3 I most want to see before the line dies or switches to only doing characters in a new cartoon.
    Fuzzy Grizzlor at this scale would also be great fun.
    Of course we need that Hordak they showed on their Powercon Powerpoint to lead the likes of Grizzlor, Modulok and Multi-Bot.
    I hope Mega Construx adds ankle articulation to future leg molds. Besides being good for its own sake, that would let them get out Horde characters more economically because characters like Hordak, Grizzlor and Leech share the legs of their boots despite having very different feet.

Then of course there are the easiest figures still to do:
    Clamp Champ (new head and clamp)
    King Randor (new head and armor)
    Jitsu (new head and gauntlet; could share Randor armor)
    Webstor (new head and armor with spider legs)
    And Ninjor

Heroic Warrior
    Dylamug is my most wanted in all lines lol

But if I have to play by the unwritten "vintage toyline only, all the time", I'm gonna have to go with my boys Rattlor and Tunglashor. They've always held high rank in my collection.

Snout Spout is another good one.
    Saurod and Blast Attak could use more love. Maybe a little Horde with Mantenna, Dragstor and Mosquitor.
    Clearly, I favor the class of 1986/87

And if I can breakaway from vintage again for one more wish, Wrap Trap, please
    Let's see a Deluxe Dylamug in MOTU Origins!

Widget
    I'd have to put Two-Bad in first place, and I do like the idea of making a two pack with the extra torso. I'm a bit biased since I do still have a Two-Bad figure, and when me and my friends recreated fighting tournaments with our various figures (like in 1988's Bloodsport), he was one of the strongest contenders (representing Siam).

Besides him I'd like to see Buzz-Off, Snout Spout and Extendar (I find him oddly interesting, no idea why) for the heroes and Webstor, Mantena and Hordak for the bad guys.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Hover Robots, Horde Troopers, and those Skeletons Skeletor had in the 200x show.

Mega Construx is made for army building (just look at the Halo line). I would buy so many.

Heroic Podcaster
    Echoing my fellow Orgers, Two Bad (in a 2-pack 'set'), Rio Blast and Extendar are my Top-3 wants.

Multi-Bot would be awesome (I always liked him better than Modulok, who made no sense to me, even by MOTU standards) and an army builder set of 5 Horde Troopers would be RAD.

This line is fun/small/affordable enough that it could theoretically go beyond vintage toys and get into 200X, FILMation, Classics, and unproduced stuff...like TUVAR AND BADDRA!

I cannot believe those two haven't had toys ever, especially with all the parts reuse.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

Court Magician
    I'd like to see Modulok and Multibot for sure, but I think they'd be better done with the old style MegaBloks bodies, with the ball-jointed shoulders. It would make them more modular, like the original toys. Then I'd like to see Kobra Kahn and Syclone (I'm not happy with my custom of him). I'd like Two-Bad, but my custom will work as a placeholder for now:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylamug View Post
    Dylamug is my most wanted in all lines lol

But if I have to play by the unwritten "vintage toyline only, all the time", I'm gonna have to go with my boys Rattlor and Tunglashor. They've always held high rank in my collection.

Snout Spout is another good one.
    Saurod and Blast Attak could use more love. Maybe a little Horde with Mantenna, Dragstor and Mosquitor.
    Clearly, I favor the class of 1986/87

And if I can breakaway from vintage again for one more wish, Wrap Trap, please
    Hey man, good point about characters beyond the 38 vintage toys they haven't done.
    With Dylamug specifically, we know from Tri-Klops that they would implement his action feature if they got around to him. With someone like Rattlor, they would do part-swapping like Classics... which I would welcome, seeing how well it works with Mekaneck.

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Hover Robots, Horde Troopers, and those Skeletons Skeletor had in the 200x show.

Mega Construx is made for army building (just look at the Halo line). I would buy so many.
    This is so true. The huge variety of Spartans they release would be SO easy to replicate with Horde Troopers, plus three other factions just sitting there with their royal guards, Snake Men and Hover Robots/skeletons/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Echoing my fellow Orgers, Two Bad (in a 2-pack 'set'), Rio Blast and Extendar are my Top-3 wants.

Multi-Bot would be awesome (I always liked him better than Modulok, who made no sense to me, even by MOTU standards) and an army builder set of 5 Horde Troopers would be RAD.

This line is fun/small/affordable enough that it could theoretically go beyond vintage toys and get into 200X, FILMation, Classics, and unproduced stuff...like TUVAR AND BADDRA!
    Yes! If they announced any such thing, I'd be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    Mega Construx has released 19 of the 60 vintage Masters of the Universe characters plus the Goddess, with Man-E-Faces, Roboto and Orko coming later this year.
    Of the 38 remaining, who do you think would be most exciting in this format?
    For me, #1 is Modulok! He could be sold as a two-pack, a common format for Mega. He could reuse the He-Man torso and pair of arms (version without molded bracer) and both his clawed and green-striped "shoe" legs could reuse existing thighs. To make him look more like two normal figures in the package, he could have a second torso that has the Filmation harness instead of being nude (and they could throw in a third clawed leg).
    Once he's done, Multi-Bot would obviously make another great fit. However, as he's a less-popular character who would need all-new parts, I'll drop him to #3 and suggest a Two-Bad two-pack for #2!

e8fe3215b3ed3e2b380fff02ef9d6221.jpg

Ignore the duplicate Tuvar (blue) leg and packaging Tuvar/Baddrah with one alt-head would get you parts for two complete action figures with a torso left over, even when Two-Bad is assembled.

Definitely want Two-Bad but right now, I am really wanting these guys
    E0Ys2g9XMAAxweW.png

My Toy/Nerd Blog - Ubernerd, Beyond Loserdome https://beyondloserdome.blogspot.com/

My MOTU Fan Fiction:
    - Direct link to the Google Slides - https://goo.gl/0DJy5p
    - Link to my Thread in the Fan Fiction Forums - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...e-MOTU-Mythos)

Twitter/Instagram: @BeyondUbernerd

It's nothing specific, but the Mega-Construx Twitter account retweeted the news about Revelation yesterday. Someone then asked them if this would mean "new sets", and the response was "everything comes to he who waits..." So I'm reading that as they are definitely intending to continue the line, though of course they could be referring to the Build-a-Battle-Cat and Wave 3 that's already announced.

On the subject of this thread, the characters I'd most like to see are Clawful, Buzz-Off, Whiplash, Ram-Man and Kobra Khan.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Man that will be a hard one to decide if I want only vintage looking or new stuff.

Not sure I want a tiny figure with teelas head on hemans body

Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    It's nothing specific, but the Mega-Construx Twitter account retweeted the news about Revelation yesterday. Someone then asked them if this would mean "new sets", and the response was "everything comes to he who waits..." So I'm reading that as they are definitely intending to continue the line, though of course they could be referring to the Build-a-Battle-Cat and Wave 3 that's already announced.

On the subject of this thread, the characters I'd most like to see are Clawful, Buzz-Off, Whiplash, Ram-Man and Kobra Khan.

ooooof. I'm taking that tweet at face value and not reading into it. I mean, I wouldn't mind Revelations sets but I got enough He-man and Skeletors for awhile. I want some Horde, Snakemen, an Eternian Palace, Snake Mountain, the Mystic Wall... Give us Dark and Light Hemisphere base boards! I don't feel like that is unreasonable

My Toy/Nerd Blog - Ubernerd, Beyond Loserdome https://beyondloserdome.blogspot.com/

My MOTU Fan Fiction:
    - Direct link to the Google Slides - https://goo.gl/0DJy5p
    - Link to my Thread in the Fan Fiction Forums - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...e-MOTU-Mythos)

Twitter/Instagram: @BeyondUbernerd

Heroic Warrior
    I don't want no revelations lol. Just what they been doing. Hope this crap.dont take over and we don't get what we really want.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk