Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Revelation - Anime images by EW [Official Talkback thread]

He-Man historian

Masters of the Universe: Revelation - Anime images by EW [Official Talkback thread]

Entertainment Weekly will debut Masters of the Universe: Revelation animated series images
    on thursday 7AM Pacific time, according to Kevin Smith.

The Animated Series from Netflix and Mattel Television will debut JULY 23rd!

Link to the main article at Entertainment Weekly.

Last edited by Jukka; May 13, 2021 at 10:30am.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm guessing we'll see an article in Entertainment Weekly magazine at some point too like there was for She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. *fingers crossed*
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I'm really hoping for more than just a few screens, especially if they are just of He-Man and Skeletor. We know what they look like thanks to toys/comics. A group shot would be ideal, but we'll see what happens.

I am absolutely looking forward to this!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior
    Makes perfect sense to drop it the same day as Castlevania’s release. From one project to another.

Masters of the Universe: Revelation unleashes the powah! with first look at Kevin Smith's series

https://ew.com/tv/masters-of-the-uni...e-kevin-smith/

Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Evil Lyn and Teela are beautiful!!
    Lord Hordak

Personally absolutely love the look and given the huge budget increase to the studio judging by the new Castlevania season, this is going to be grand!

July can't get here soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hordak View Post
    Evil Lyn and Teela are beautiful!!
    They look really, really good, don't they? And powerful, too! I can't wait to find out what has them seemingly in league with each other in that final still. Is Kothos back? LOL! Andra looks like a badass, as well! We need a figure of her, too!

Other fast random thoughts- this looks like a better version of the 200X series. Like, certain design elements are there (Skeletor's face really harkens back to MYP!), but the designs look... cleaner or something. I don't know that I'd say it's a marriage of Filmation and MYP per se, but it somehow seems both simple and intricate at the same time. I am especially pleased with what little I can see of the background environments... it looks like Eternia!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Something about Teela’s face in the first image of her looks off to me. Everything else looks gorgeous. Supremely so.

I will be side-eying the HELL out of Andra though.

Teela has a bit too much of a modern day muscle woman look. The rest of the pics look good for the most part.

I think Kevin said the series is really colorful...and it looks like it is! Love it! This imagery looks sharp! Also loving the muscles on the ladies.

Everything looks great, except for the millennial haircut Teela. I just can't stand that look and how it's shoehorned into so much media these days yet I've never seen someone in person look like that.

I also really dislike the muscles on Evil-Lyn. She never struck me as a strong character.
    Last edited by Stratos88; May 13, 2021 at 10:26am.

The art style looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Teela has a bit too much of a modern day muscle woman look. The rest of the pics look good for the most part.
    I'm enjoying that aspect of it. In that world, it makes sense that warrior goddesses are going to have some Amazonian/Wonder Woman-ish "oomph" to them. Now I really wish She-Ra could be re-introduced in this universe... the Most Powerful Woman In The Universe would surely be pretty jacked in this style!

Heroic Warrior
    I don’t mind the body, I mean Teela keeps up with people that are either more machine than man or have legitimate superpowers, but I would have made the face a bit softer.

She actually looks better in the second screenshot with that face, goofy haircut aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post

I also really dislike the muscles on Evil-Lyn. She never struck me as a strong character.
    She kicked a bit of butt in the 200X series... I'm getting the impression Revelation is taking a bit of everything that came before and not just the '80s iteration of MOTU, where Evil-Lyn didn't actually fight per se (in Filmation).

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    She kicked a bit of butt in the 200X series... I'm getting the impression Revelation is taking a bit of everything that came before and not just the '80s iteration of MOTU, where Evil-Lyn didn't actually fight per se (in Filmation).
    She kicked all kinds of ass, but she wasn't jacked. Just doesn't fit the character, she should be beyond physical strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Everything looks great, except for the millennial haircut Teela.
    I want a Masterverse figure with this haircut!!
    Lord Hordak

Three cheers for Prince Adam being a different body type than He-Man a la MYP's version of events.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hordak View Post
    I want a Masterverse figure with this haircut!!
    I imagine this will be an alternate head when her figure comes out, which would be great. Also, I somehow doubt the pegs will be the same (nevermind the skin tones), but it would be great if Masterverse heads could be used on Classics bodies and not have them look "off".

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'm enjoying that aspect of it. In that world, it makes sense that warrior goddesses are going to have some Amazonian/Wonder Woman-ish "oomph" to them. Now I really wish She-Ra could be re-introduced in this universe... the Most Powerful Woman In The Universe would surely be pretty jacked in this style!
    I think Gal Gadot looks good as Wonder Woman without being overly muscular. I think the face and modern haircut bug me more than the big muscles.

Besides Teela, most of the characters have a MYP feel to them.

Masculine Teela, Black Andra!!! That's great!!
    Lord Hordak

Bang Your Head
    The ladies need to lay off the HGH...

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Looks good!!! Love the color!!!

I'm hoping they don't make Teela a grumpy, stereotypical tough gal. In Filmation she was tough at times, but also had softer, kinder, and comedic sides. And not digging her hair in the group shot.

Adam looks a little too helpless prince... hopefully it is just the angle. I get He-man should be bigger than Adam, but Adam doesn't need to be a string bean.

Hoping characters like Andra/Priestess/Illena don't take too much attention away from bigger characters. And I know she is a D lister, but why race bend? Just create a new royal guard D list character? Or use poor Clamp Champ if you want diversity. He's never going to get animated...

I like that so many pictures highlight He-man. There was talk that he was going to take a backseat.

Decent start! Hoping a trailer isn't too far behind.