Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alyssa Milano: Author

Alyssa Milano: Author

Lovely and talented actress, activist and now author Alyssa Milano has just released a fourth book (Project Go Green) in her inspirational book series about a forward-thinking and compassionate girl named Hope.

https://www.amazon.com/Project-Green...s=books&sr=1-2

*In the fourth book in Alyssa Milano's funny and relatable middle-grade series, Hope Roberts is determined to save the world literally. Hope has already gotten her school to add more recycling bins and coordinate a carpooling program. But it's not enough. Hope wants to do more to protect the environment before it's too late. But will Hope's plans to help the planet backfire?*

Other books in the series include:

#3 - Project Class President

https://www.amazon.com/Project-Class...s=books&sr=1-1

*In the third book in Alyssa Milano's funny and relatable middle-grade series, Hope is running for sixth grade class president, with her friend and campaign manager, Grace, by her side. But in her effort to win over her classmates, Hope makes some promises she can't keep. Can Hope make things right with the students of JFK Middle -- and maybe still win the election, too? Hope's relatability, kindness, empathy, and can-do attitude will inspire a generation of do-gooders. This series is a response to the very palpable feeling that not only can young people save the world -- they will!*

#2 - Project Animal Rescue

https://www.amazon.com/Project-Anima...s=books&sr=1-5

*Meet Hope Roberts. She's eleven years old, and she wants to be an astrophysicist. She loves swimming, Galaxy Girl comic books, and her two rescue dogs. Hope believes it's always a good day to champion a cause, defend an underdog, and save the future. And most of all, she believes in dreaming big. But though Hope seems super strong on the outside, there's another side of her, too. She's just a regular girl trying to survive middle school. In the second book in Alyssa Milano's funny and relatable middle-grade series, Hope decides to do whatever it takes to stop the local animal shelter from closing down. It's where she found her two furry best friends -- it has to stay open so the other animals there can find their fur-ever homes, too! But can Hope get the support she needs in time to keep the shelter doors open? Hope's relatability, kindness, empathy, and can-do attitude will inspire a generation of do-gooders. This new series is a response to the very palpable feeling that not only can young people save the world -- they will!*

#1 - Project Middle School

http://https://www.amazon.com/Project-Middle-School-Alyssa-Milanos/dp/1338329405/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=alyssa+milano&qid=1617865725&s=books&sr=1-4

*Hope is eleven years old, and she wants to be an astrophysicist. She loves swimming, Galaxy Girl comic books, her best friend Sam, and her two rescue dogs. Hope believes it's always a good day to champion a cause, defend an underdog, and save the future. And most of all, she believes in dreaming big. That's why she's enrolled in all of the advanced classes at her new middle school. She's smart and confident in her abilities. But though Hope seems super strong on the outside, there's another side of her, too. She's just a regular girl trying to survive middle school. It's the beginning of sixth grade, and Hope's BFF quickly meets a new group of friends in her classes. Hope doesn't know how to handle it. She and Sam have always been inseparable! Things don't go as well for Hope. She embarrasses herself in front of her whole class, and then she gets off on the wrong foot with her new classmate, Camila. Even science club doesn't go as planned. None of the boys in the club will listen to the girls' ideas, and Hope and Camila get stuck doing the boring part of their science project, even though it was their idea. But Hope is determined to prove herself to the boys -- even if it means doing a lot of extra work on her own. She knows that sometimes changing the world starts small. So now Hope has a mission! Can she turn the science club into a place that's welcoming for everyone -- and make some new friends along the way? Hope's relatability, kindness, empathy, and can-do attitude will inspire a generation of do-gooders. This new series is a response to the very palpable feeling that not only can young people save the world -- they will.*
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I never knew that Milano is now a successful author and that's why she had stopped acting.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

"Sorry, Not Sorry" - Alyssa Milano's New Book

Lovely and talented Alyssa Milano has written a new book Sorry, Not Sorry that will be available on October 26.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...alyssa-milano/

*Alyssa Milanoís sharply observed, uproarious, and deeply intimate ode to the life she has lived and the issues that matter most.

Alyssa Milano, actress and activist, delivers here a collection of powerful personal essays that get to the heart of her life, career, and all-out humanitarianism. These essays are unvarnished and elegant, funny and heartbreaking, and utterly real. A timely book that shows in almost real time the importance of taking care of others, it also gives a gut-punch-level wake-up call in an era where the noise is a distraction from what really needs to happen, if we want to live in a better world.

These are stories of growing up in celebrity, of family and of friends, of connections and breaking apart. They have teeth on the page and come from the heart. And they are stories that offer a direct line into the thoughts and life of one of the most visible, hard-working humanitarians we have. A bestselling childrenís book author, Alyssaís finally giving her fans worldwide what they really want to hear directly from her about: the life she has lived, the things sheís seen and experienced, and the way she lives in and with the world.*
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Her actions towards Brett Kavanaugh and then non-action towards Biden are more than enough for me to make a hard pass on this book.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Her actions towards Brett Kavanaugh and then non-action towards Biden are more than enough for me to make a hard pass on this book.
    Rose McGowan went after her pretty hard. Very entertaining.

I support Alyssa in anything and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I support Alyssa in anything and everything.
    Alyssa Milano and Madonna were my first crushes when I was a kid growing up in the 1980s. It's no wonder I married an Italian girl!

I would read this book.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Alyssa Milano and Madonna were my first crushes when I was a kid growing up in the 1980s. It's no wonder I married an Italian girl!

I would read this book.
    Alyssa is lovely, talented, wise and compassionate and her book will reflect on all this and more. She is a true inspiration.

Her explanation for that odd hypocrisy is the only reason why I WOULD make a pass at it.
    There's a YT channel "PlayerDez" --- a toy-related show I help with... and here's a link to a He-Man parody video LIVING IN ETERNIA part 1 on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ySlu94Yfg This video is currently being re-edited for a full re-release in 2021. Shout-out to animator He-Bro!
    GOOD JOURNEY, ORGERS!

Let's steer clear of any political discussion.
    Last edited by Uki; May 18, 2021 at 08:54am.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Alyssa is lovely, talented, wise and compassionate and her book will reflect on all this and more. She is a true inspiration.
    Talented and wise.......she's about 101 pennies short of a dollar.

Heroic Warrior
    Iíd say the only thing of any note she has really done was commando, imo

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    I’d say the only thing of any note she has really done was commando, imo
    I'll give her some Who's The Boss? and Poison Ivy 2 cred. I watched Who's The Boss? in the day and also watched Poison Ivy 2 in the day. Her shining role!

Now, she's so open-minded, virtuous, and non-partisan! Far above Poison Ivy 2!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'll give her some Who's The Boss? and Poison Ivy 2 cred. I watched Who's The Boss? in the day and also watched Poison Ivy 2 in the day. Her shining role!

I believe Iíve only seen the first poison ivy movie, maybe Iíll dig out poison ivy 2 from somewhere. Although get a feeling it might be a bit dated by now. I donít imagine itís aged well

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post

She was one of my first crushes. Don't forget Team Steam. Was a favorite of mine back during my pre-teen and teen years. I worked out to that video a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ySP4uZnTUc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL8WIsutuyM
    Last edited by Bonehead; May 14, 2021 at 08:49pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    I believe Iíve only seen the first poison ivy movie, maybe Iíll dig out poison ivy 2 from somewhere. Although get a feeling it might be a bit dated by now. I donít imagine itís aged well
    The Third One, Poison Ivy The New Seduction (unrated version) is the best for my money. Jaimie Pressley. You'll thank me later. Milano is hot in 2, though,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    She was one of my first crushes. Don't forget Team Steam. Was a favorite of mine back during my pre-teen and teen years. I worked out to that video a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ySP4uZnTUc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL8WIsutuyM
    I missed that one. I would have worked out with them, I believe, myself. She's way too good for any of us now. Mikey is lucky to be best friends with her.

I'm pretty neutral on Alyssa Milano, personally. No strong opinions either way. I'm just saying, nobody's saying anything offsides about her that I can see.

I'm also gonna agree with RockinHard that Jaimie Pressley is/was the cat's meow.
    Last edited by Uki; May 18, 2021 at 08:55am.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Bang Your Head
    Is Chris Crocker exclusive to Britney, or can he make a ďleave Alyssa aloneĒ video too?...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post

I'm also gonna agree with RockinHard that Jaimie Pressley is/was the cat's meow.
    The real question is if you have watched her in the unrated version of Poison Ivy The New Seduction. At. Her. Best.

I am something of an expert on Jaimie Pressley's "natural form" and let's just leave it at that.

Kevin Nash once told me that one of the only good things about shooting the DOA: Dead or Alive movie was that he got to spend a week seeing her up-close and doing the fight scenes with her. In between that, everybody had food poisoning and the entire ordeal was horrific. But he got paid well and got to hang out with (and look at) her for a few days, so it didn't quite even out, but almost.

Differences of opinion are not hateful. People are free to call whatever it is they see. That isn't "hate", that's simply "I see it differently." So long as a person can articulate why they feel the way they do, that's all well and fair.

For example, my wife is a huge Marilyn Manson fan. She thinks he's a "misunderstood genius" and all the recent allegations against him are made-up. I, personally, think he's a violent criminal drug addict who belongs in jail for the rest of his life. I also hate his music. She has her opinion, I have mine.

I kind of think my opinion is the "right" one, based on evidence. BUT. Neither she nor I has ever met or spent any amount of time around the guy, nor have we witnessed him doing any of the horrible things he's accused of doing, so we both "know" exactly as much about what kind of person he "really" is, and all we're left with is our own opinion. Her opinion is, nobody who loves cats so much could possibly have done the things he's accused of doing. My opinion is, that's ridiculous. But neither one of us knows "the truth", so she's free to think what she thinks, and I'm free to think what I think, until one of us is conclusively proven otherwise.

That's how these things work. People need to be allowed to call things as they see them.

In Alyssa Milano's case, as I said I'm rather agnostic and have no strong opinions about her whatsoever. But for example, the things Rose McGowan has said about her are, I feel, at the very least worth listening to even if not fully being invested in. She probably knows her as a person a lot better than I do. Some people think those things are true. Who are you or I to say they're not? We weren't in the room, we don't "know". And that's exactly why everyone needs to be allowed their own opinion. Because all we have is conjecture. Nobody "knows" what's true and what isn't except the people who were personally involved in any given situation.
    Last edited by Uki; May 18, 2021 at 08:56am.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Differences of opinion are not hateful. People are free to call whatever it is they see. That isn't "hate", that's simply "I see it differently." So long as a person can articulate why they feel the way they do, that's all well and fair.
    THANK YOU, I've been trying to say this but my english sucks due for second language but yeah. it doesn't count as hateful or bashing anything if you don't see eye to eye with it, you can't force someone to like your favorite artists because they have different view. I'm not forcing anyone to like my favorite artists either in this forum, and if they don't like it? it's okay because we all human and have a different taste.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I rather liked the vampire movie that she was in, and she was the high point of double dragon (along with Mark Dacascos).

IF there was a high point of the Double Dragon movie... I guess that she would be it.

That's a SUPER huge "if", though. Like giant, seven-foot block letters type of "If".
    Last edited by Uki; May 18, 2021 at 08:58am.

---------

Fendi, just curious but you mentioned English not being your first language, and I think you mostly do alright. I was wondering, do you actually speak it, or do you use a translation filter as some folks do? Just wondering. I've talked to quite a few people online who don't count English as a first language and I'm always pretty impressed by how well they do with it. Better than some folks who were born here, I'd dare to say. Neither here nor there, just a curiosity. Feel free to indulge me or not.
    I've been into Western forum for 17 years now. and after that I am slowly learning on my pronunciation and grammar. Aside of me not having any interest in high school with lowest grade on the English paper? I tend to have much more superior pronunciation than the A+ students.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

MOD NOTE:

This thread is about Milano's books and should stay on-topic. If you do not care for what other posters are contributing to this discussion of the Forums at large, then you should use that handy "Ignore" feature. This helpful tool will aide everyone in not having to interact with the members who get others so rattled for some reason.

We do not need to do this every time, gang.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy