Thread: Female Gray Half Power Sword???

Female Gray Half Power Sword???

I was having a conversation with someone about all the versions of the half Power Sword from the vintage line. They claim exists a FEMALE gray power sword that came with He-Man. I've never heard of or seen this and I've been researching this line for a book for about 3 years. Has anyone here heard of, seen, or even have a female gray half sword? If yes then what did it come with? Does anyone have one they could provide pics? Or is this person just completely wrong?

When I say "female" I mean it's like Skeletor's sword but gray, just to clarify.

That seems very unlikely if it's a U.S. release.

A foreign release, though? Or possibly it's a power sword from a merchandised game or product? Anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    That seems very unlikely if it's a U.S. release.

A foreign release, though? Or possibly it's a power sword from a merchandised game or product? Anything is possible.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was never a US release. But with Rotoplast and Top Toys and the like, who knows. What I think he saw was a custom on ebay so one could give He-Man a complete sword...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was never a US release. But with Rotoplast and Top Toys and the like, who knows. What I think he saw was a custom on ebay so one could give He-Man a complete sword...IMO
    If it was actually exactly like He-Man's power sword except female instead of male then it wouldn't pair with He-Man's sword because the handguard would be on the wrong side. In order to fit, it would have to be a copy of Skeletor's (or Faker's).

Heroic Warrior Springor Spanior's Avatar
    This is what the person may be referring to. The picture here is of a gray France female sword. Notice it bears the 5042 Skeletor number, and not the 5040 He-Man number, yet it is definitely He-Man gray. Conversely, there is also "male" France sword with the 5040 He-Man number that is Skeletor purple.

s-l1600-1.jpg
    I'm losing my edge, but I was there. LCD Soundsystem

Quote Originally Posted by Springor Spanior View Post
    This is what the person may be referring to. The picture here is of a gray France female sword. Notice it bears the 5042 Skeletor number, and not the 5040 He-Man number, yet it is definitely He-Man gray. Conversely, there is also "male" France sword with the 5040 He-Man number that is Skeletor purple.

s-l1600-1.jpg
    Very interesting. It looks like it's the Battle Armor color gray, I wonder if they swapped the molds for just the BA versions of He-Man and Skelly. Thanks for posting this!!

Very interesting. It looks like it's the Battle Armor color gray, I wonder if they swapped the molds for just the BA versions of He-Man and Skelly. Thanks for posting this!!
    Could be. Could well be.

s-l1600-1.jpg

I confirm about French power swords, Mattle France was not really regarding how to use the molds, for them one part or an other one it was the same lol
    You can also find Faker made in France coming sometimes with a male sword.

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    I confirm about French power swords, Mattle France was not really regarding how to use the molds, for them one part or an other one it was the same lol
    You can also find Faker made in France coming sometimes with a male sword.
    Really? Faker with a male sword?
    I was wondering if this was confirmed from France, or perhaps a Top Toys or Rotoplast using French molds. Thanks for the confirmation!!

Really? Faker with a male sword?
    I was wondering if this was confirmed from France, or perhaps a Top Toys or Rotoplast using French molds. Thanks for the confirmation!!
    You are welcome
    Here is an example:
    02_01ba0_pRzoRD72Hb7npRfqYzrWe6ed.jpeg

From molds used in France.

I never heard before that Rotoplast or Top Toys were using french molds, only Spain.
    Last edited by TOKYONEVER; May 24, 2021 at 06:16pm.

You are welcome
    Here is an example:
    02_01ba0_pRzoRD72Hb7npRfqYzrWe6ed.jpeg

From molds used in France.

I never heard before that Rotoplast or Top Toys were using french molds, only Spain.
    Yep you're right, no Rotoplast or Top Toys, but Aurimat used a few and Malaysia used a French Stratos mold. Mostly threw those out as examples of another country using the molds.

I see that according to the mold numbers, France did in fact just swap molds lol. On the hunt for them now

...but Aurimat used a few and Malaysia used a French Stratos mold...
    Aurimat and Maylaysia used few french molds?
    I also never heard that before.
    Have You few examples to show please? I am very curious.

Aurimat and Maylaysia used few french molds?
    I also never heard that before.
    Have You few examples to show please? I am very curious.
    This is Aurimat Mekaneck shown on the right, next to a standard Mexico (MABAMEX) figure on the left. I purchased the Aurimat figure in the US a long time ago thinking it was a France production, but as you can see it has some differences, namely the goggles are not reflective and the arms are made of soft plastic compared to the usual brittle squeaky plastic. It uses the France mold for the torso (shown in 2nd picture). However, I am not certain that the head uses the French mold (see 3rd picture). Many actual France Mekaneck figures have a stamp with the "INC." uneven, basically trailing off. In contrast, the letters on the head of this Aurimat figure are level, suggesting either a new mold for the head, or possibly they are using the original MABAMEX mold maybe (once production moved to Malaysia).

IMG_1800.jpg
    IMG_1804.jpg
    IMG_1803.jpg

I believe Aurimat also used French molds for Man-E-Faces and Battle Armor He-Man as well. There may be others - I've heard Jitsu maybe.
    I have never heard of Malaysia using French molds, but I wouldn't be surprised, since it seems like Malaysia re-cycled a lot of prior molds and stamped them with Malaysia.

Awesome Springor Spanior, thanks a lot for the pictures and explainations, it is a real discovery for me

Awesome Springor Spanior, thanks a lot for the pictures and explainations, it is a real discovery for me
    I've been researching for a complete list of all figures and variants for years now...and I still discover something new every day
    I don't know whether to be excited or frustrated, but, just landed myself a nice French BA He-Man with that female sword for my collection

BTW, I plan to publish that text this summer