Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Toyline for the Netflix MOTU CGI Series - Official Images!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    I never found a reliable source for any of this... if the 10 episodes are the first season or part of a season? If the 27 episode agreement was legit? So on and so forth... so many questions and uncertainty for something that should have been laid out from the start. Which goes back to my initial gripe and frustration with lack of communication and clarity.

They spent all this time and effort creating an amazing show... they did a great job on complimentary toys. So why not spend the money on getting the word out about them all and setting the minds of the fans you do have at ease for the future?

A few interviews answering some questions fans have... a definitive plan of seasons and episodes... and concrete dates for more episodes and figures. I wouldn't think these would be unreasonable requests and something a million dollar company with such a long history in these spaces would already have in place and revealed from the jump.
    The official Netflix page lists the initial 10 Episodes as Season One.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81092958

In an interview with Screen Rant, Jeff Matsuda strongly alludes to future seasons already in the works or just waiting to be dropped. He says:

"Rob and I and the whole crew, tried to make something for everyone. I mean, it'll work for kids. But it'll work for all of us. It's an epic tale. And the first season is great and it keeps getting better every season, which is to me, nuts. Because I loved the first one."

https://screenrant.com/he-man-master...uda-interview/

Also, in the Heroes and Villains guidebook, there is official artwork depicting places we didn't see in Season 1... and descriptions of characters we have yet to see. And, new toy listings for some of these very characters!

Beyond that, there is the sketchy Whenetflix website that has been pretty accurate when listing premier dates for shows. It currently has a release date of September 15, 2022 for Season 2. (Which might explain the relative silence on Mattel's social media channels.)

https://whenetflix.com/he-man-and-th...f-the-universe

Keep in mind that Mattel had partnered with Scholastic, Dark Horse and Warner for the guidebooks and soundtrack. Mattel plugged the CGI show pretty hard in the weeks leading up to the release, but it was drowned out by the Revelation mobs... Additionally, the toys have been distributed pretty decently throughout the holiday season - with more on the way.

I would expect some calendars / posters to start showing up, along with the kids clothing that uses licensed characters as well... but, I think some things got put on hold because of the pandemic.

Lastly, I remember Netflix doing a similar thing with Troll Hunters when it was released... we wanted more info on subsequent seasons and then, out of nowhere, season 2 dropped.

So, a lot of this is by design. But, on the whole, I think that they have been treating MOTU CGI well all things considered.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    The official Netflix page lists the initial 10 Episodes as Season One.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81092958

In an interview with Screen Rant, Jeff Matsuda strongly alludes to future seasons already in the works or just waiting to be dropped. He says:

"Rob and I and the whole crew, tried to make something for everyone. I mean, it'll work for kids. But it'll work for all of us. It's an epic tale. And the first season is great and it keeps getting better every season, which is to me, nuts. Because I loved the first one."

https://screenrant.com/he-man-master...uda-interview/

Also, in the Heroes and Villains guidebook, there is official artwork depicting places we didn't see in Season 1... and descriptions of characters we have yet to see. And, new toy listings for some of these very characters!

Beyond that, there is the sketchy Whenetflix website that has been pretty accurate when listing premier dates for shows. It currently has a release date of September 15, 2022 for Season 2. (Which might explain the relative silence on Mattel's social media channels.)

https://whenetflix.com/he-man-and-th...f-the-universe
    Thanks for finding and adding all of these. Previously when I've discussed this in various places, the most concrete thing found was a casual response Tweet from Rob David. A good source, but an unofficial way... and nothing else that solidified or confirmed the statement.

Even still, this is stuff that you have to dig for and infer from. Why no official press releases from Mattel and Netflix on multiple sites plainly stating important info?
    (Whatever amount) of episodes is officially season 1.
    Season 2 will be (whatever amount) of episodes and has a planned release of (date).
    (Whatever figures) are in Wave (whatever) and has a planned release of (date).
    If something misses the planned date, an explanation of why (engineering problems to be fixed, factory delays, container securing problem, customs detainment, whatever).

Keep in mind that Mattel had partnered with Scholastic, Dark Horse and Warner for the guidebooks and soundtrack.
    I've noticed this and dig this as well. But that only confuses me further that they put so much great work into juggling these tougher areas, but fell so short on the promotion side of things.

Mattel plugged the CGI show pretty hard in the weeks leading up to the release, but it was drowned out by the Revelation mobs... Additionally, the toys have been distributed pretty decently throughout the holiday season - with more on the way.
    So true and I did notice this as well. I think I've said all I can on the Revelation mobs. That element just seems to be the cost of fan communities anymore. I'm getting better at putting up blinders now.

I was really happy with the Mattel and Netflix promotional campaign for the show and toys right before release. But they really missed the ball to capitalize on excitement after releases.

Lastly, I remember Netflix doing a similar thing with Troll Hunters when it was released... we wanted more info on subsequent seasons and then, out of nowhere, season 2 dropped.

So, a lot of this is by design. But, on the whole, I think that they have been treating MOTU CGI well all things considered.
    Although I don't know about Troll Hunters, I have noticed this being a problem with Netflix on a variety of things... which is another reason I'm so frustrated here. Some shows are doing well enough to where these surprise reveals are fine and possibly even fun for some fans. But with something as new and shaky as this series... I'm very worried. It's so well done, but sadly in this day and age quality isn't enough to lead to success. Dropping the ball on attaining and maintaining fans could be the fatal shot that could end this beautiful project.

So yeah, I agree they're treating this series well on the creative side of things. But promotion and communication... they really need to step things up soon.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

I'll just drop this here since I don't collect this line, but a $140 sku popped up somewhere. It was a foreign site. So there is some rumor building that there could be a Castle Grayskull coming in the line. I didn't see anyone had posted about it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcTC4qkTgnA&t=1354s

I'm enjoying these figures. the Skeletor of this line is fantastic.
    I saw those BBTS pre-orders. I'm tempted to do what I do with Origin figures, just pre-order what I want and skip the store hunting.
    The figures have been showing up on Walmart's site a well. There is one variant I'm interested in seeing more of. I call it Gold Paladin He-man. He-man has new gold armor and translucent weapons.

Heroic Warrior
    I finally got netflix MOTU CGI Orko today ! I am now all caught up on the line. I went to my local Walmart in south Atlanta and the aisle was bared. But I saw a large pallet nearby with lots of cases of toys with mostly Barbies and small Vtech toys for babies. But all the way on the bottom of the pallet, I found 2 cases of netflix MOTU figures. I opened up a case and got Orko. CGI Orko seems like a popular figure since at other nearby Walmart I've seen twice the CGI Sorceress but no Orko. I am glad to get finally get Orko and get it out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I'll just drop this here since I don't collect this line, but a $140 sku popped up somewhere. It was a foreign site. So there is some rumor building that there could be a Castle Grayskull coming in the line. I didn't see anyone had posted about it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcTC4qkTgnA&t=1354s
    Oh wow. This castle seems so simple. Something like a $40 playset is what I would have expected. But $140? Weird. Well hopefully that news comes by toyfair.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Oh wow. This castle seems so simple. Something like a $40 playset is what I would have expected. But $140? Weird. Well hopefully that news comes by toyfair.
    I doubt it'll be $140, notice that it says its from a foreign site so probably not able to guess prices yet. Can't wait for February.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

Court Magician
    The new castle design in the Netflix series is pretty cool and different, so getting that reinterpretation would be pretty neat.

Origins Grayskull came out at like $75 or so, so I can't see it being more than that since it's mostly aimed at kids and parents won't spend that much...

I can't collect this line because there's just too much MOTU for my space but I'll be watching for any playset that comes out. Hopefully one does and it's great. Also can't wait for Toyfair.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    I doubt it'll be $140, notice that it says its from a foreign site so probably not able to guess prices yet. Can't wait for February.
    Missed that, thanks. It’s pretty exciting to get another castle. I’d love some giant capital city set but that’s not happens ing.

I did see the new revelations castle at Walmart…..of course it’s in the pet aisle and called a “fish tank”.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    Just got Battle-Cat from Amazon, he's really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Gawl View Post
    I'm enjoying these figures. the Skeletor of this line is fantastic.
    I saw those BBTS pre-orders. I'm tempted to do what I do with Origin figures, just pre-order what I want and skip the store hunting.
    The figures have been showing up on Walmart's site a well. There is one variant I'm interested in seeing more of. I call it Gold Paladin He-man. He-man has new gold armor and translucent weapons.
    Are you referring to this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8AE8622A-39F0-4F9B-BC79-8F80565028FE.jpg

These figures are fun to customize!
    Is not not licking toads

Whatever this $140 set is, deepdiscount has it for $110.

Has anyone noticed the wide variation in the Sorceress’ helmet? I’ve bought three total for various friends and family, and all three helmets have ranged from crystal clear blue to frosted. The most frosted one makes seeing her eyes beneath the helmet impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Court Magician
    Have not noticed variations here.. the only ones i've seen have been clear enough to see her eyes through the helmet.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    EE has new photos up! He looks older this time around.

Man-E-Faces
    MAN
    ROBOT
    MONSTER
    Last edited by anytimepally; January 14, 2022 at 04:46pm.

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Great finds! Nice to finally see what he will look like!

Yeah, he's Teela's mentor... looking a bit older makes sense.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Heroic Warrior
    My 2 local Walmart in south Atlanta that’s closest to me both got in today 2 cases of the Heman/Skeletor/sorceress/Orko wave. I got mine over 6 weeks ago but good to know inventory is still coming in.

He reminds me of the vintage figure so I actually kinda like him.

Court Magician
    awesome! these radically different designs are growing on me. not a fan of man-at-arms (looks too much like Samus from Metroid) but the rest are pretty rad...

thanks for posting that Man-E!

It appears as if his face is going to rotate vertically this time instead of horizontally. Cool!

Widget
    Mattel is determined to get my money, aren't they?

OMG I love him!!! This one's my favorite redesign/toy yet (for this series). It's also cool to finally see Man-E get a fresh re-do... his 200X redesign wasn't that different from the vintage version (not that there's anything wrong with his classic look, he's always been a fave). This is... just different enough. I really hope we see Rokkon & Stonedar sooner than later!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I really hope we see Rokkon & Stonedar sooner than later!
    Are they rumored to be in this line? The only indication I've see of Rock people is one of them showing up on a recent Origins box, and it was a green Rock Person. And I think there was a trade mark application for Granita.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 1/4/2022