Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Toyline for the Netflix MOTU CGI Series - Official Images!

(Smyths Toys) German version of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe commercial.

Last edited by Tallstar; November 17, 2021 at 07:30am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    He looks a little confused as to whether this is actually cool or not, but I'm sure he'll warm to the sword over time. It's darn cool and reminds me of the sales data commentary that was mentioned awhile back that the best selling item from the entirety of the New Adventures line was the light up play sword.
    i think he was confused because he wasnt sure if it was for him or for me. which it is for me but i let him play with it, haha. but he ran around with it all afternoon swinging it around and making the noises. he asked to put it on the xmas list so it was a hit.

During routine search on Walmart.con I found Evil Lyn listed for 20 bucks, only one left, so I went for it! Spontaneous decision to get her, would be my second figure from the line.
    Fingers crossed they won’t cancel the order…

Quote Originally Posted by RichardT1977 View Post
    A friend of mine has one of the old 2-piece Power Sword toys from the 80s. He says it's about 18 inches long. So, yeah, about the same size.
    Aha, that makes sense. Thanks for the confirmation!
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Power Charge He-man and Evil-Lyn were briefly up yesterday on Walmart's website (for only $9.99 instead of the "special" $14 price they're charging for the other basic figures) but they didn't last long. But, maybe good news that these will be available in more quantities soon.

Widget
    On the plus side, we're a week away from Black Friday, so the toy companies are going to want any product they can get out before year's end to get in the stores.

Widget
    I initially turned my nose up at these thinking they were too far away from the original designs, but now that I've seen the Netflix series (and liked it!) I came around. I'm in!

I'm finding it VERY hard to get any info on this line... The name isn't specific enough for google searches and I'm coming up dry at most of my usual places. Also, I'm not seeing these toys listed anywhere except Wal-Mart/eBay, which probably means less folks will see/know about them overall.

As such, wondering if anyone has a link to a current toy checklist? I'm pretty hazy on what's out there to collect!

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BradGallaway View Post
    I initially turned my nose up at these thinking they were too far away from the original designs, but now that I've seen the Netflix series (and liked it!) I came around. I'm in!

I'm finding it VERY hard to get any info on this line... The name isn't specific enough for google searches and I'm coming up dry at most of my usual places. Also, I'm not seeing these toys listed anywhere except Wal-Mart/eBay, which probably means less folks will see/know about them overall.

As such, wondering if anyone has a link to a current toy checklist? I'm pretty hazy on what's out there to collect!
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3964648

For now the line is Walmart exclusive, but as far as we know, that's not a permanent thing.

Our local Walmart had a ton of He-man, Skeletor, Evil Lyn, Battle Armor He-man, and Power Change He-man. I went ahead and picked up He-man and Skeletor for myself, but sadly nothing for the nieces and nephew yet. Ram Ma'am will be released months after Christmas, so I have to switch up that gifting plan. Has anyone seen Sorceress and Battle Cat out in the wild? What about Man at Arms recently?
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Widget
    Put in an online order at Wal-Mart and got standard He-Man, Skeletor and Man-at-Arms for retail price. They also had all three of the motorcycle packages for retail price and the Snake Attack playset, also.

Their website DID have Evil-Lyn and Trap Jaw, but they were both from secondary sellers and were going for inflated prices. Got them both cheaper on eBay, believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    Our local Walmart had a ton of He-man, Skeletor, Evil Lyn, Battle Armor He-man, and Power Change He-man. I went ahead and picked up He-man and Skeletor for myself, but sadly nothing for the nieces and nephew yet. Ram Ma'am will be released months after Christmas, so I have to switch up that gifting plan. Has anyone seen Sorceress and Battle Cat out in the wild? What about Man at Arms recently?
    Wow, your shelves sound better than mine! Here, the shelves are empty except for a few straggling He-man and Skeletor. I keep hoping the Power Change He-man will show up in more quantities. I was happy to have found the one Evil-Lyn I did. Man-at-Arms is still a no-show here. I'm glad I found him out of town. Sorceress, Orko, and Battle Cat are supposed to be December releases. I just really hope Walmart loses their stranglehold soon. Making these their exclusive so close up to Christmas was a mistake for Mattel, I think.

Walmart has a terrible distribution system. Some parts of the country get tons, other get barely anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Wow, your shelves sound better than mine! Here, the shelves are empty except for a few straggling He-man and Skeletor. I keep hoping the Power Change He-man will show up in more quantities. I was happy to have found the one Evil-Lyn I did. Man-at-Arms is still a no-show here. I'm glad I found him out of town. Sorceress, Orko, and Battle Cat are supposed to be December releases. I just really hope Walmart loses their stranglehold soon. Making these their exclusive so close up to Christmas was a mistake for Mattel, I think.

Walmart has a terrible distribution system. Some parts of the country get tons, other get barely anything.
    Very sorry to hear about your local shelves. After that trip, I've heard this is the case in many places. I regret not picking up some of the others while I had the chance.

Awww, man on those being Dec releases. I have been going by the JonWes release chart as that was the simplest guide I've found to keep up with all of this. Between the staggered release schedule (why not release all of the main characters at once???) and the weird limited time store exclusive deals, it's tough chasing these things down... especially trying to get them as Christmas gifts.

Saw this at our Walmart here in Mexico. Has anyone heard of these flex figures? I didn't buy them but they look kinda cool.

IMG_20211124_135827740_HDR.jpg

Several people on Facebook have reported finding Sorceress and Orko in Walmart today.

Widget
    ***Just*** started seeing Sorceress and Orko on eBay this afternoon, so they must be out there in the wild now! = D

BTW, just finished the series on Netflix and wow, it was awesome. ^_^

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Saw this at our Walmart here in Mexico. Has anyone heard of these flex figures? I didn't buy them but they look kinda cool.

IMG_20211124_135827740_HDR.jpg
    I have seen them at Big Lots in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Several people on Facebook have reported finding Sorceress and Orko in Walmart today.
    ***Just*** started seeing Sorceress and Orko on eBay this afternoon, so they must be out there in the wild now! = D
    Awesome! This is great news! I will certainly be keeping an eye out.

BTW, just finished the series on Netflix and wow, it was awesome. ^_^
    Always happy to see this reaction to the show!

Heroic Warrior
    Found Orko and the Sorceress tonight - they come in a case with skeletor and He-man.
    One of each in a case.

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Found Orko and the Sorceress tonight - they come in a case with skeletor and He-man.
    One of each in a case.
    Also good info to know, thank you!

Heroic Warrior
    Also good info to know, thank you!
    You’re welcome-
    Note that the case is longer and thin, the figures are boxed side by side to each other.
    I missed it the first time I saw it. Also, Orko rang up fine but Sorceress didn’t ring up, had to ring up Orko twice.
    Last edited by Powersword123; November 27, 2021 at 02:52pm.

Heroic Warrior
    will they ever learn to not pack heman and skeletor in every case and every wave. i finally just found evil lyn yesterday so hoping i can find orko and sorceress next. but with stores getting one case and only one of each fig per case makes it really tough.

Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    will they ever learn to not pack heman and skeletor in every case and every wave. i finally just found evil lyn yesterday so hoping i can find orko and sorceress next. but with stores getting one case and only one of each fig per case makes it really tough.
    They're trying to avoid the mistake they made in the 80s where people couldn't find those two main characters in the subsequent waves, which hurt sales of those figures.

Heroic Warrior
    They're trying to avoid the mistake they made in the 80s where people couldn't find those two main characters in the subsequent waves, which hurt sales of those figures.
    i know theres lots of factors other than the toys but just funny how that "mistake" also led to the highest sales of the line ever. every other line has been killed by the repacks. maybe the original would have died too who really knows. but isnt the point of power heman to get a heman figure on the shelf. i dont think the point should be to pack him with the old heman so we double up on the amount of hemans on the shelf at one time. go to any store and see whats left on the pegs, guaranteed its not the side characters. the 80's were 40 years ago, they should be looking at much more recent data. i dont mind getting the characters out in different forms but the repacks need to stop asap.

Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    i know theres lots of factors other than the toys but just funny how that "mistake" also led to the highest sales of the line ever. every other line has been killed by the repacks. maybe the original would have died too who really knows. but isnt the point of power heman to get a heman figure on the shelf. i dont think the point should be to pack him with the old heman so we double up on the amount of hemans on the shelf at one time. go to any store and see whats left on the pegs, guaranteed its not the side characters. the 80's were 40 years ago, they should be looking at much more recent data. i dont mind getting the characters out in different forms but the repacks need to stop asap.
    It's a very tough balancing act for certain. So the 80's figure problems weighs heavily on them. On the other hand they tried to rectify it in the 00s with tons of He-man and Skeletor variants... and that didn't work out so well either.

Concerning what characters we see or don't see varies depending on your location... some places have nothing at all, some just have our two leads, and others have a decent supply of everything regularly. Distribution is a problem along with location. I personally don't think that these limited releases to Target and Walmart for specific times isn't doing any favors... but I'm sure there's a business method to that madness somehow (better shelf placement, larger shelf space, further discounts/better margins, etc).

For present day, don't forget we have Covid issues, crazy high shipping, and that shipping container shortage that lasted for some months.

I managed to get the "Power of Grayskull" He-man during the short period it was on Walmart's site at $9.99. I think he's really cool! I didn't see the energy runes on his arms in the promo pics. But they're a fun addition.

Attached Images Attached Images