Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyline for the Netflix MOTU CGI Series - Official Images!

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Awesome, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Awesome, thanks!
    You bet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your thought on the figures? Netflix just cut out on us 10 minutes from the end of episode 10.

Iím beyond excited to get these.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Netflix just cut out on us 10 minutes from the end of episode 10.
    What does this mean? Are you pirating Netflix or did your sub run out? I'm curious what you mean by "just cut out on us"?

Pivoting to talk about the show itself. Finally finished the season. I'll assume most people have watched it by now and we're all adults, so spoilers will be present if you choose to look away. I'll admit my expectations walking into this show were not high. The look was akin to a plush doll of He-man running around on screen and the characters looked too chipper and were bound to be annoying. Fast forward to finishing ep10 and I'm blown away by how wrong I was. Every character feels like a fully fleshed out character and although 10 ep's is mercifully short to get too deep on a cast this dense, I can say I enjoyed what we did get to know. The idea that each character has a "power up" where they go from normal whoever to their more recognizable 'Masters' form is clever and opens up all kinds of possibilities. The fact that they did this with the villains also is pretty neat. I'll admit not every design clicks with me (MAA in particular seems pretty off and I'm not fond of TJ having a giant grinder in his mouth) but you can't fault the shows designers for swinging for the fences. And going further, the idea that each goodie character can be a 'master' is interesting. He-man shares the power essentially in this iteration and again I find that turning of the mythology on its head refreshing. In fact I wish Revelations had ditched the She-man 'woke' agenda and decided to be just as refreshing. As Marvel has proven with a time tested process by now. You don't need to irk the fans by completely rearranging everything they know about the characters and their world or go woke in order to click with adults. He-man in particular is a property that resonates heavily with men and in particular men who grew up with the brand. Going woke isn't going to impress that kind of audience and even less so when the shows writer repeatedly outright lied about that agenda being baked into the show.

Anyway, I'd call the CGI show a triumph on all levels and I hope we see more. Now bring on the toys!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    What does this mean? Are you pirating Netflix or did your sub run out? I'm curious what you mean by "just cut out on us"?

Pivoting to talk about the show itself. Finally finished the season. I'll assume most people have watched it by now and we're all adults, so spoilers will be present if you choose to look away. I'll admit my expectations walking into this show were not high. The look was akin to a plush doll of He-man running around on screen and the characters looked too chipper and were bound to be annoying. Fast forward to finishing ep10 and I'm blown away by how wrong I was. Every character feels like a fully fleshed out character and although 10 ep's is mercifully short to get too deep on a cast this dense, I can say I enjoyed what we did get to know. The idea that each character has a "power up" where they go from normal whoever to their more recognizable 'Masters' form is clever and opens up all kinds of possibilities. The fact that they did this with the villains also is pretty neat. I'll admit not every design clicks with me (MAA in particular seems pretty off and I'm not fond of TJ having a giant grinder in his mouth) but you can't fault the shows designers for swinging for the fences. And going further, the idea that each goodie character can be a 'master' is interesting. He-man shares the power essentially in this iteration and again I find that turning of the mythology on its head refreshing. In fact I wish Revelations had ditched the She-man 'woke' agenda and decided to be just as refreshing. As Marvel has proven with a time tested process by now. You don't need to irk the fans by completely rearranging everything they know about the characters and their world or go woke in order to click with adults. He-man in particular is a property that resonates heavily with men and in particular men who grew up with the brand. Going woke isn't going to impress that kind of audience and even less so when the shows writer repeatedly outright lied about that agenda being baked into the show.

Anyway, I'd call the CGI show a triumph on all levels and I hope we see more. Now bring on the toys!
    OMG! Kevin Smith Lied?!?!?!?!? You're the first to mention this!

NoÖ. I pay for it. We lost internet connection through the tv. It happens a lot on Sunday nights so I assume a lot of people are watching Netflix then. I had hoped after the Bills win, all of western NY would fall asleep early from a hard day of drinking.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    They look okay. But, are they 5 POA?
    8. Head on ball joint, shoulders, wrists, torso, and legs.

Thanks for this... I was wondering about the POA count myself.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    cant wait to find these, im hoping they are easy to get since they are the "kiddie" line but my kid wants a set for himself as well so will have to track down double this time around. they should be on the pegs now in full blast. such poor marketing.

These look fun!!

I am wondering how many stores actually got these... and in which parts of the country.

I like to see customized versions of these 'toon' type toys... when they are painted and washed with lots of detail and realism. But, for me, I like the basic bright colors because it actually looks closer to the source material...

- - - Updated - - -

Are the shoulders ball-joints or swivel?

Also, why do I see tons of He-Man and MAA on the secondary, but NO Skeletor?!?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    These look fun!!

I am wondering how many stores actually got these... and in which parts of the country.

I like to see customized versions of these 'toon' type toys... when they are painted and washed with lots of detail and realism. But, for me, I like the basic bright colors because it actually looks closer to the source material...

- - - Updated - - -

Are the shoulders ball-joints or swivel?

Also, why do I see tons of He-Man and MAA on the secondary, but NO Skeletor?!?
    I missed that the ankles are swivel too, so 10 ptsÖ

Shoulders are just swivel (up and down like vintage).

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Going woke isn't going to impress that kind of audience
    Objectively, the show did not do that in the first place. People are reading way too much into things to come to that conclusion.

And while I'm not actually making this argument, one could similarly grasp at straws and make similar accusations about this CGI show given that instead of Ram-Man, there is Ram-Ma'am.

Honestly I enjoyed both shows for different reasons. I really didn't expect to like the CGI show very much, but it did surprise me.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; September 27, 2021 at 02:13am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Objectively, the show did not do that in the first place. People are reading way too much into things to come to that conclusion.

And while I'm not actually making this argument, one could similarly grasp at straws and make similar accusations about this CGI show given that instead of Ram-Man, there is Ram-Ma'am.

Honestly I enjoyed both shows for different reasons. I really didn't expect to like the CGI show very much, but it did surprise me.
    Believe me woke (using that purely as a catch-all) was the intention with Revelation, one of the showrunners tied himself up in knots online just over the fact there could be two redheads lmao. And if nothing else it was sold as an epic fight between the two historic leads and continuing the OG show, to then get their female compatriots as the leads. We've even been told Evil Lyn is gonna be the heart of the next chapter.

Nobody would have cared but they lied about it for over a year as if nobody would find out! That's the real difference between Revelation and the CGI show. No lies, no baggage, and the CGI show is way truer to decades of canon and less compromised because it has the leads front and centre while literally enhancing their companions. It's been much better received as a result!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy Skeletor View Post
    Believe me woke (using that purely as a catch-all) was the intention with Revelation, one of the showrunners tied himself up in knots online just over the fact there could be two redheads lmao. And if nothing else it was sold as an epic fight between the two historic leads and continuing the OG show, to then get their female compatriots as the leads. We've even been told Evil Lyn is gonna be the heart of the next chapter.

Nobody would have cared but they lied about it for over a year as if nobody would find out! That's the real difference between Revelation and the CGI show. No lies, no baggage, and the CGI show is way truer to decades of canon and less compromised because it has the leads front and centre while literally enhancing their companions. It's been much better received as a result!
    I have to disagree with the statement in bold. I do like the new show, its fresh and funky, perfect for kids. But it is not true to the old canon of MOTU. So many changes, Revelation is truer to the MOTU spirit of old, despite how many people view the whole "Teela being the main character" issue and feel lied to.

I do like that the new show as its put everything MOTU in a blender and come out with something new, but Revelation is closer to what MOTU is for me and a lot of fans, despite some of its shortcomings.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Guys, a couple of things...

- This is a thread about the toys. You'll find threads to discuss the cartoon in the New Media section.

- Even there, "woke" discussion needs to take place in the Tar Swamp. It usually results in heated political debate, and we like to keep that in the adults-only section.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I have to disagree with the statement in bold. I do like the new show, its fresh and funky, perfect for kids. But it is not true to the old canon of MOTU. So many changes, Revelation is truer to the MOTU spirit of old, despite how many people view the whole "Teela being the main character" issue and feel lied to.

I do like that the new show as its put everything MOTU in a blender and come out with something new, but Revelation is closer to what MOTU is for me and a lot of fans, despite some of its shortcomings.
    I mean the canon collectively, toys, New Adventures, ideas and concepts, all of it. I'm not saying Revelation didn't have that, I'm saying the new show included it all without feeling the need to form the story around it. In other words, they had a proper arc instead of just bringing you around almost to where you started like Revelation.

Iím starting to doubt this 10/1 release date as there should have been at least a couple sightings of a Walmart putting these out early.

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfPower View Post
    Iím starting to doubt this 10/1 release date as there should have been at least a couple sightings of a Walmart putting these out early.
    Someone in NC found the figure/motorcycle sets at Walmart today.

Someone in NC found the figure/motorcycle sets at Walmart today.

HahaÖ.my plan worked. I literally had the thought that a sighting would happen as soon as I said something. 😆

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yikes! Is this all about getting one first?
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Yikes! Is this all about getting one first?
    I was one of the first (at least to post on Facebook groups) that I had obtained these, and no way anyone should pay more than $15 for these. Great toys, but priced right at $10.

It appears that BBTS has taken down all the pages for the CGI toys except the Sorceress. I donít know what thatís about, except maybe Walmart got mad since they supposedly have first dibs?

I see the sword for the 8.5 inch battle armor he-man but I donít see one for the regular one. I assume itís behind him in the box but Iím not sure.
    ďBeing a champion is about defending those who canít defend themselves.Ē