Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Who Do You Crush On? (Keep it Light)

So, Who Do You Crush On? (Keep it Light)

So since the other thread got Locked but I was genuinely interested in some of the comments and replies, let's see if we can keep it going without it getting "intense".

Y'know who I always liked a lot, who you never really hear about or did anything much of note? Vanessa Angel. I used to watch the "Weird Science" TV show on USA every week after Monday Night Raw, and I can't remember much about the show itself but I sure remember her. Then she did that movie Kingpin and I figured she'd do a lot more movies after that, but nah, that was pretty much it. How someone looking like that didn't become a huge star just blows my mind.

Speaking of women from the 1990s, Elizabeth Hurley seems to be aging like a fine wine.

Discuss! This was by far my favorite part of that other thread.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    I loved Paula Abdul as a kid.

paulaabdul048.jpeg
    Last edited by RockinHard; May 18, 2021 at 12:49pm.

I kinda had a thing for Belinda Carlisle at one point. Haven't seen her lately, though.

I do have an issue of "a certain magazine" that she posed for once upon a time. Not bad.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    Candace Patton from the Flash

Britney Spears, Eliza Dushku and Ali Larter were my main from the 90s/2000s. In the 80s I was all about Punky Brewster (Soliel Moon Frye) and Kerri Green.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Britney Spears.
    I was into her initially, but she went too far off the deep end for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I was into her initially, but she went too far off the deep end for me.
    Note I said in the 90s lol. I think now a days most of us that wished to date her are glad we never would have had a chance hahaha.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Note I said in the 90s lol. I think now a days most of us that wished to date her are glad we never would have had a chance hahaha.
    Yeah, dating her in the 90s...cool. Ending up with her . . . not so much. I still think she's a little out of it, and there are a lot of her fans fighting to prove her eternal victimhood. She may have very well gotten a bad shake here and there, but at some point, personal accountability - something that isn't being taught in school these days, either.

I've always liked Scarlett Johansson. It seems like an obvious answer, but she sure is purdy.

Yeah, dating her in the 90s...cool. Ending up with her . . . not so much. I still think she's a little out of it, and there are a lot of her fans fighting to prove her eternal victimhood. She may have very well gotten a bad shake here and there, but at some point, personal accountability - something that isn't being taught in school these days, either.
    It is in my classes.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    It is in my classes.
    I could confidently bet my life that your ability to fully do so is limited.

And not because of your personal choice, but because of a system that has grown to limit a teacher's ability to do so.
    Last edited by RockinHard; May 18, 2021 at 10:24am.

Without going too far out of my age range (I'm sure there's many new celebs in their 20s I'd crush on)... How about that Jaime Pressly?
    There's a YT channel "PlayerDez" --- a toy-related show I help with... and here's a link to a He-Man parody video LIVING IN ETERNIA part 1 on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ySlu94Yfg This video is currently being re-edited for a full re-release in 2021. Shout-out to animator He-Bro!
    GOOD JOURNEY, ORGERS!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    Without going too far out of my age range (I'm sure there's many new celebs in their 20s I'd crush on)... How about that Jaime Pressly?
    Poison Ivy: The New Seduction. Unrated version.

Enough said.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Y'know who I always liked a lot, who you never really hear about or did anything much of note? Vanessa Angel. I used to watch the "Weird Science" TV show on USA every week after Monday Night Raw, and I can't remember much about the show itself but I sure remember her. Then she did that movie Kingpin and I figured she'd do a lot more movies after that, but nah, that was pretty much it. How someone looking like that didn't become a huge star just blows my mind..
    Check out the 1985 Chevy Chase/Dan Akroyd vehicle, Spies Like Us. She doesnít appear until the final 10-15 minutes of the film but if you are a Vanessa Angel fan, I believe it will be well worth the wait.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Poison Ivy: The New Seduction. Unrated version.

Enough said.
    80ís
    Debbie Gibson
    Kim Cattrall
    Christina Applegate

90ís/2000ís
    Joey Adams
    Charlize Theron
    Rachel McAdams

Now
    Lady Gaga
    Zoey Saldana
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I feel like if I thought about it much, it would just be a Pandora's Box of never ending names; we'd almost get into tier list territory. With that in mind, these sprang to mind immediately, so we'll just go with that.

Natalie Dormer, Alexandra Daddario, Kate Beckinsale, Alice Eve

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Rachel McAdams
    Absolutely! Add her to my list!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Check out the 1985 Chevy Chase/Dan Akroyd vehicle, Spies Like Us. She doesn’t appear until the final 10-15 minutes of the film but if you are a Vanessa Angel fan, I believe it will be well worth the wait.
    I was a huge Spies Like Us fan in my teens (still am)... then, 11 years later, I was a big Kingpin fan (still am)... and was shocked to discover Angel (the 15 minute minor dialogue SLU actress character) was the main Kingpin love interest.

Not just a pretty face/body... she is a great actor... and Kingpin dare-I-say is as good as any Farrelly brothers movie (if you're into their stuff).
    There's a YT channel "PlayerDez" --- a toy-related show I help with... and here's a link to a He-Man parody video LIVING IN ETERNIA part 1 on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ySlu94Yfg This video is currently being re-edited for a full re-release in 2021. Shout-out to animator He-Bro!
    GOOD JOURNEY, ORGERS!

Heroic Warrior
    My 80s kid crushes:
    Diana from V
    Jordan from Real Genius
    EG Daily

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I kinda had a thing for Belinda Carlisle at one point. Haven't seen her lately, though.

I do have an issue of "a certain magazine" that she posed for once upon a time. Not bad.
    OH.. i loved her man... big crush back in the day.. i think she is still quite stunning.

current crush now is Florence Pugh..
    FREAK OUT!!!!!! FREAK OUT!!!! YEAHHHH!

Master of New Adventures!
    Crita (from NA), Lucy Liu and Emily Beecham (Into the Badlands).

Honorable mention: Although it was a long, long time ago, watching the close-up of Kim Basinger in Marrying Man (great and very funny film, BTW) singing the last few lines of Let's Do It with the microphone clutched in her hands and those impossibly gorgeous -- yeah, yeah, I know, Botoxed, but who cares -- lips just about did me in. Now that's "lovely and talented..."

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I'm going through a midlife crisis right now. So I'm having bad feelings about me being attracted to anyone that even remotely looks like they could be younger than me, let alone them just looking attractive in general =/

Olivia Taylor Dudley, very nice!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Lucy Liu
    Hot mama.

I could confidently bet my life that your ability to fully do so is limited.

And not because of your personal choice, but because of a system that has grown to limit a teacher's ability to do so.
    Of course, I can only hold them accountable for their responsibilities in my classes. I'd be interested in reading your take on it in the correct forum; I didn't know you worked in the school system or had children in school.

On topic, I have to add Rachel McAdams to my list as well. She's just delightful.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior
    90s era Cher, Lucy lui, Drew Barrymore, Eliza Dushku