Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: So, Who Do You Crush On? (Keep it Light)

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Videofox View Post
    Peyton List (the one from Cobra Kai, not the other one), only because if you picture her with the tiara, she's almost a dead ringer for Filmation She-Ra...in my own personal opinion.
    Wow, I very rarely agree with people's "Person X would make a good Character Y" takes, but I actually really like this one. I just watched Cobra Kai and I never once had this thought (I guess because she's a brunette in the show?). After Googling her though, you're absolutely right. She's got a great build for She-Ra, and is probably a good age for the character as well. Awesome call!

Heroic Warrior
    Such a terrible character on Cobra Kai. Two seasons and very little character development. I also couldn’t see her as She-Ra to save my life.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Such a terrible character on Cobra Kai. Two seasons and very little character development. I also couldn’t see her as She-Ra to save my life.
    I agree her Cobra Kai character is terrible.

Do you think she doesn't look like She-Ra, or do you just not like her?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I agree her Cobra Kai character is terrible.

Do you think she doesn't look like She-Ra, or do you just not like her?
    Too cherub-faced, young, wrong body type, terrible physicality based on Cobra Kai, and just looks nothing like She-Ra or her essence.

Too cherub-faced, young, wrong body type, terrible physicality based on Cobra Kai, and just looks nothing like She-Ra or her essence.
    I agree she does have a cherub-face, but come on, Jerry Seinfeld.

What age person do you think should play She-Ra in a hypothetical live action role?

The wrong body type in what regard? What's an example of the body type that you would see as playing She-Ra?

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    Peyton List (the one from Cobra Kai, not the other one), only because if you picture her with the tiara, she's almost a dead ringer for Filmation She-Ra...in my own personal opinion.
    I also liked Peyton List a lot as Tory in "Cobra Kai". Yes, she does have a round look but is a pretty young woman.

CobraKai_Season3_00_11_06_06R-d451.jpg

Her tough and bad girl character would fit perfectly in WWE, lol. I haven't seen Peyton List in anything else, but I could envision her as She-Ra. Heck, Dolph Lundgren played Ivan Drago and somehow did an admirable job as He-Man.

Heroic Warrior
    I agree she does have a cherub-face, but come on, Jerry Seinfeld.

What age person do you think should play She-Ra in a hypothetical live action role?

The wrong body type in what regard? What's an example of the body type that you would see as playing She-Ra?
    She's too young for my tastes. She-Ra looked like a grown woman to me - always has (mid-20's or so). There is nothing about this actress that resembles She-Ra to me. She-Ra has an athletic build - Peyton does not. She is also, as stated earlier going by Cobra Kai, not very physically gifted in fighting/action sequences. A number of actors on that show are not, particularly the young ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I also liked Peyton List a lot as Tory in "Cobra Kai". Yes, she does have a round look but is a pretty young woman.

Her tough and bad girl character would fit perfectly in WWE.
    How wonderfully developed the character is in Cobra Kai. I mean, she's bad. She's just . . . BAD! Because she's a bad girl. And you don't mess with her. Because... she's BAD!

But I know why most guys believe she's incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Gosh, if Life was fair, when you were drowning then Faith Hill would be a lifeguard...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCmsZUN4r_s

But, of course, there's this smokin' hot, red-haired, blue eyed, pouty lipped Irish gal I know...

Attachment 126089
    Okay I have mancrush on you Jack.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    She's too young for my tastes. She-Ra looked like a grown woman to me - always has (mid-20's or so). There is nothing about this actress that resembles She-Ra to me. She-Ra has an athletic build - Peyton does not. She is also, as stated earlier going by Cobra Kai, not very physically gifted in fighting/action sequences. A number of actors on that show are not, particularly the young ones.

- - - Updated - - -

How wonderfully developed the character is in Cobra Kai. I mean, she's bad. She's just . . . BAD! Because she's a bad girl. And you don't mess with her. Because... she's BAD!

But I know why most guys believe she's incredible.
    They went into her character and background in Season 3 of Cobra Kai if you haven't seen it. I liked it. I wouldn't argue it's going to win an Emmy or whatever. Sorta on topic/off topic, who would you pick for She-Ra?

Heroic Warrior
    They went into her character and background in Season 3 of Cobra Kai if you haven't seen it.
    There was very little.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorta on topic/off topic, who would you pick for She-Ra?
    I haven't thought about it. If I come up with someone, I'll come back and let you know. But definitely not her.

Isn't Cobra Kai supposed to be somewhat silly and fun? I thought I've seen the actors talk about how it's supposed to be over the top and unrealistic?
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Isn't Cobra Kai supposed to be somewhat silly and fun? I thought I've seen the actors talk about how it's supposed to be over the top and unrealistic?
    It is to a point. But the second season of Cobra Kai began to up that. The fight sequences weren't THAT over the top in the first three Karate Kid films, or the first season. The school fight at the end of Season 2 is the most absurd, unrealistic scenario in so many ways and on so many levels. Though, you will have people argue in favor of it for its entertainment value, despite upping the lack of plausibility or realism substantially. That second season which stretches into the third also has some awful fight choreography.

Master of New Adventures!
    Thank you, but that's not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Okay I have mancrush on you Jack.

Court Magician

CobraKai_Season3_00_11_06_06R-d451.jpg

Her tough and bad girl character would fit perfectly in WWE, lol. I haven't seen Peyton List in anything else, but I could envision her as She-Ra. Heck, Dolph Lundgren played Ivan Drago and somehow did an admirable job as He-Man.
    As for the age factor, I thought it was generally accepted that the twins were around 19 or 20 in TSOTS, so Peyton at 23 is technically older than Adora!

Prior to Cobra Kai, she was a full-time wavy-haired blonde, so that combined with the eyes and similar facial bone structures, she always struck me as She-Ra personified if she had the tiara, at least in the face; body style and acting ability aside.

I knew opinions on this would vary, and that's perfectly OK. I'm just relieved I have a few who agree because I knew it would be a stretch.

Of course, with the way Hollywood is today, we'd probably end up with Brie Larson or some such.

She's too young for my tastes. She-Ra looked like a grown woman to me - always has (mid-20's or so). There is nothing about this actress that resembles She-Ra to me. She-Ra has an athletic build - Peyton does not. She is also, as stated earlier going by Cobra Kai, not very physically gifted in fighting/action sequences
    She's 23....

She seems to have a pretty athletic build to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB4Iyl-kEwQ

How much of an "athletic build" would you be looking for?

Edit:

Rock, if you've never seen her outside of Cobra Kai, just take a sec and Google her. I hadn't and didn't even know what the girls name was until VideoFox brought it up. I googled it just to see who he was talking about and was convinced almost immediately.

Your point on acting/physical performance if probably reasonable, but I think the rest of us are talking more just appearance.
    Last edited by Sword2Blanket; July 2, 2021 at 05:44pm.

Heroic Warrior

Of course, with the way Hollywood is today, we'd probably end up with Brie Larson or some such.
    Peyton any day over that self-important/indulgent/virtue-signaling hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

She's 23....

She seems to have a pretty athletic build to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB4Iyl-kEwQ

How much of an "athletic build" would you be looking for?
    She looks like a teenager to me.

She does not have an athletic body, nor is her performance on Cobra Kai athletic, to repeat. It's actually cringey to watch. I would want someone who actually looks and is . . . athletic. Maybe she could get in the right shape, and maybe the right choreographers could work with her, but going by Cobra Kai - Definitely not She-Ra.

You want her as She-Ra. Got it. I don't. That's that.
    Last edited by RockinHard; July 2, 2021 at 05:43pm.

How did this get derailed into a Cobra Kai thread?

All roads lead to Cobra Kai.

I'm presently crushing on Teela in that split-second shot from the "Revelation" trailer where she has her long hair down. Mrowr.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    All roads lead to Cobra Kai.

I'm presently crushing on Teela in that split-second shot from the "Revelation" trailer where she has her long hair down. Mrowr.
    Admit it: you prefer her shaved side head look.

Admit it: you prefer her shaved side head look.
    I didn't take Gender Studies at Smith College, and I'm also a guy. Soooo, nope!
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I didn't take Gender Studies at Smith College, and I'm also a guy. Soooo, nope!
    Gender Studies is about as much use as a Philosophy degree.

WWE's Mandy Rose would make a good She-Ra.

I love emerging chef extraordinaire Depinder Chhibber.

She's bright, engaging, warm-hearted and a whiz in the culinary arts!

Plus she has great taste in music.

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2021/0...hibber-recipe/
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior
    Schiffer kinda looks like She-Ra
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

I think by now we all get where you stand on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I love emerging chef extraordinaire Depinder Chhibber.

She's bright, engaging, warm-hearted and a whiz in the culinary arts!

Plus she has great taste in music.

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2021/0...hibber-recipe/

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I think by now we all get where you stand on this...
    Some of the new kids might not've heard yet.

Y'know who was super-hot on TV but even hotter in person? Former WWE & TNA starlet Christy Hemme. Total sweetheart, too. I told her I really liked her Playboy and she was like, "Well I HOPE so!" Classy. There was much more to the conversation but I don't remember much else.