Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grayskull dungeon dioramma

Heroic Warrior

Grayskull dungeon dioramma

Made this last year been holding off from showing it because I wanted to add some small torture devices and a shelf and small table and a custom to go along with it but I just have no time. So instead if waiting any longer to show, I decided to show it off in some fb groups and here. I'll revisit it in the future with the added things. Hope you enjoy 20201207_115943.jpg20201207_120001.jpg

20201215_124226.jpg20201215_124236.jpg20201215_124313.jpg
    20201215_124326.jpg20201215_124337.jpg20201215_124337.jpg20201215_124345.jpg20201215_124355.jpg20201215_124446.jpg20201215_124452.jpg20201215_124521.jpg20201215_124304.jpg

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    that's an impressive job, congrats.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    that's an impressive job, congrats.
    Thanks man

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Thanks man

That is awesome

I like it, makes for a nice display!

Heroic Warrior Horde Cadet Kyle's Avatar
    Gorgeous custom...I'm just curious why weapons are stored so close to prisoners. And torture? Not sure that's a good look for Heroic warriors.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    That is awesome
    Thanks alot. Lots of time went into this.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Horde Cadet Kyle View Post
    Gorgeous custom...I'm just curious why weapons are stored so close to prisoners. And torture? Not sure that's a good look for Heroic warriors.
    Prisoners are on the other end. Weapons rack was just tossed in cause its castle grayskulls dungeon. Thanks alot

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    I like it, makes for a nice display!
    Thanks man

Heroic Warrior
    98% of this is foam. The torture rack is foam as well and it actually works. The gate has working hinges and they are also foam. But the hands make it stationary. The green hands articulate still. Glad you guys like it. Hard to get recognition on this site with dios and customs, but I still post here in case any of you guys ain't on fb.

that's really cool. Especially the roller on the stretching rack and the way you got the metal pieces to look metal, and the chain sets it off too. Lots of little details in your sculpts really add to it. Great job.

Also the lights are really cool. If you post more pics later, could you zoom out a bit? I'm curious to see the ceiling in daylight. Is it also stone or did you make it look like wood?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Also the lights are really cool. If you post more pics later, could you zoom out a bit? I'm curious to see the ceiling in daylight. Is it also stone or did you make it look like wood?
    The ceiling is dollar tree foamcore. It's to resemble wood planks like a floor. This shelf is 4 ft long and foam core is I forget but smaller. So I needed to figure out how to make it work with 2 pieces. So what I did was cut them to length then I cut the 2 ends that would make the middle like puzzle pieces. So they fit together like a finger joint. I just got a new phone the other day with a better camera. I'll take one for you real fast. You said zoom out so you can get the whole thing? Or do you want me to zoom in so you can see it closer?

Heroic Warrior
    Not sure why but tapatalk is telling me to sign in in order to post pics. I am signed in. Let me try on chrome. I know on chrome I can just upload pics with no problem.

Heroic Warrior
    Chrome not working either. No idea what's going on here

Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    Some how two pics are upside down hahaha. This new phone is way different than my old one. I'm not used to this yet.

This is great. Fantastic work. I'm trying to get into stop-motion animation with MOTU figures and I was toying with the idea of making an interior Grayskull "set". This would be perfect, but, as you've said, a lot of time goes into something like this.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
    This is great. Fantastic work. I'm trying to get into stop-motion animation with MOTU figures and I was toying with the idea of making an interior Grayskull "set". This would be perfect, but, as you've said, a lot of time goes into something like this.
    Well the most time honestly was the brick pattern and it being about 10 ft worth. That took the most time. So.much time I said what am I thinking and I'll never do this agai,but then was like OK maybe for money but this sucks. Haha. And I like to add lots of detail and things that are practical like the torture rack actually working like a real one and the hinges. You have to keep in mind this is four foot long and about 11 inches high just say. So it all depends on your imagination, skillset and know how with materials, how big you want it, and what materials you will be using. Something on a smaller scale I could make in way less time. And also,lots of times when I work on a project the more time I'm on it the more ideas come to me and that makes it an even longer project hahaha. But end result is way better than what I initially had designed in my head. I was gonna make torture racks and sell them. But with people and the 3d printing, no one is gonna want something made out of foam when they can have plastic.

Heroic Warrior
    My dios also usually have foot pegs. This time I skipped it cause I didn't know where or who I was putting in this and I was gonna make them modular so you can peg them where ever you wanted but didn't want holes in the brick. The bronze he man stand has foot pegs though.

Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I was gonna make torture racks and sell them. But with people and the 3d printing, no one is gonna want something made out of foam when they can have plastic.
    You might be surprised. You're clearly very talented; don't sell yourself short.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
    You might be surprised. You're clearly very talented; don't sell yourself short.
    Thank you man. If you go in my profile you can see my granymir dio display case. That one had foot pegs. You can check out some of the customs I made too if you'd like.

I love the gate with the hands!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I love the gate with the hands!
    Thanks man. Not sure I have the pics up cause I forget what pics I posted. But behind the gate there 2 sets of micro leds to portray glowing eyes. I made a yellow pair and a green pair.

The
    Skulls around the archway was something I thought of as I opened my eyes one morning. I went and hunted down a skeletor head in my trade fodder bag and popped the hood off and made a mold out of air dry clay and casted it in 5 minute spackle a extremely watery mix so I can pour it. I was trying to get perfect then was like I'm an idiot. It's supposed to be stone. So took the bad ones and chipped me all up and the good ones and chipped me up and added them. There's so much thinking involved and problem solving in this. I wish I had the whole thing documented on film. Like the blocks for the archway are cut like l shapes so they fit around the back wall. I didn't want to lose any space at all so had to come up with a way to not lose any and still make it look right. The well is individual blocks cut and then I have a toy package window places in it. That was made in 2 pieces I put the plastic in blocks and then fit that in place like puzzle pieces. Used some clear green paint over it and layers of silicone. On the top of the plastic and underside and gave it a dabbed look for liquid. Then I have the inside sheathed with poster board and then glued tinfoil on that and have 3 lights and painted them clear green as well. I demanded to much green. I wanted it to omit more green glow in the dark but it's OK. Lots of ingenuity was put into making this. Your mind would blow I'd I showed you things I came up with.

Thank you glad you like it.