Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grayskull dungeon dioramma

Heroic Warrior
    I'll get pics of the eyes glowing. Just got a new phone so all my pics got mixed up. Couldn't find the pics I had with the eyes. The torch handles are also pink insulation foam lol. They have wires ram inside them and the flame is silicone with clear red orange and yellow paint and candle leds. I'll also show pics of the switch and battery assembly as well when I have the time. I really would like to have the leds ran on a plug for the wall but that's out my wheel house. Just doing leds and batteries was a new experience that is mind boggling lol with the right resistors and the right batteries to push the right amount of leds.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Wow! Great job!
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Beers View Post
    Wow! Great job!
    Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    The ceiling is dollar tree foamcore. It's to resemble wood planks like a floor. This shelf is 4 ft long and foam core is I forget but smaller. So I needed to figure out how to make it work with 2 pieces. So what I did was cut them to length then I cut the 2 ends that would make the middle like puzzle pieces. So they fit together like a finger joint. I just got a new phone the other day with a better camera. I'll take one for you real fast. You said zoom out so you can get the whole thing? Or do you want me to zoom in so you can see it closer?

Yeah, sorry I didn't check back for a few days. That trailer hit and I kinda forgot about other things, . If you could, zoom out as I'd like to see the whole awesome thing in one shot You say it's 4feet long. That's really impressive.

and yeah, your other pics did the trick. I really love what you did with it. Must be very satisfying to sit back and enjoy it.

Did you modify a Gygor/Shadow Beast? What's that figure above the dungeon.

The hands holding your sword below is a cool idea too.

Great work but why are you torturing Batros and Plundor? What do you have against Filmation characters?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    and yeah, your other pics did the trick. I really love what you did with it. Must be very satisfying to sit back and enjoy it.

Did you modify a Gygor/Shadow Beast? What's that figure above the dungeon.

The hands holding your sword below is a cool idea too.
    Gorilla grodd you must he talking about. I had no where's to put some loose figs so just tossed them in the empty shelves for now til I figure out the next dio. Thanks and yeah pretty satisfying stepping back and admiring. The hands are dragon hands. I have another set for me power sword. Was thinking of painting them and bringing out the detail.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    Great work but why are you torturing Batros and Plundor? What do you have against Filmation characters?
    Haha nothing.. love filmation. All the heavy hitters are already spoken for in other dios so I took some characters that were in a different dio and used them. It's kind of a dio. Just a floor and back drop in one of my cases thats brickwork and snake mountain colors. But in that shelf all the bad guys are just lined up standing there like a class picture. The heavy hitters are all in real dios and have a battle going on.

Last edited by unclassified; June 15, 2021 at 01:58pm.

That's really cool. Can't imagine how much work it took.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    That's really cool. Can't imagine how much work it took.
    Thank you. Yeah it took some time lol. This girl who ended up my girlfriend was waiting to meet me and I was like I can't I'm busy with something lol

Heroic Warrior
    See onnthe gate,guys. Where the lo knis and has a key hole? That was an imprint of the actual scare glow key lol. And the set of keys on the right side of the gate are casts of the key in green stuff.

All the chains are real metal. I made a solution to make real rust and rust d them up but then at the end I made a black wash and then a silver wash and dipped the chains in the back let dry then the silver and let dry and then made a rust wash and painted them up. But the chains do have real rust texture.

The plates for the torches are foam core and styrene. The loops are styrene. The cuffs or shackles are styrene. The plates for the torches are foamcore and the torch holer are styrene. The torch handles are pink insulation foam and textured with wood grain. Flame holder is some sort of bead ends for necklaces. Flames are silicone over an led and the wires ran inside the handle then throught the back wall to the side of the case.

Whatelse. The plates in each corner are nail heads. But are actually wood dowels cut into a coin and glued on.

Torture rack roller not sure what to call that. Is an aluminum foil core. I should've gotten rid of the groove. I regret it now. On the ends you see the metal with a rivets. That's card stock and dowels. The rest of it is all foam like the metal circular pieces. The handle to turn it is tooth picks glued into a drilled out dowel. The dowel is the perfect size for their hands.

My plan was to show that off and make more to sell. That would be the first of many things I'd make and sell. Some people prefer wood and prefer plastic. But from gives you a much better dramatic look. These are made for display pieces anyway. Not really play. They are just to make people say wow and then when they hear that it's foam they are really like wow.

When I say there was alot of critical thinking involved in making this come to life its no exaggeration. Slipping the walls ceiling and floor in with all these wires was nuts. The green liquid for the well and using the toy box window plastic and making it sit in between the blocks was another. The archway to not lose any space as space was crucial to me was another. Soldering the wires to the switches on the outside of the case was stressful. I had to do it while it was hung on the wall already and that's just one shelf out of like 7. So I have to do this many more times lol. I'll be making a swamp shelf for my 25th gi Joe's one day for the case that sits below it. The cases are exactly the same 4 foot long or little over and 3 ft high. I built these to fit a stock size sheet of plexi. The thinner your plexi the harder it is to cut. And these sheets weren't cheap either and that's the thin stuff. I forget what I paid for them. Might be 70 each. Can't remember.. always cheaper to use glass but glass is heavy. The frame for the plexi I routed out so the glass sits in the wood and framed it like a picture.

Some things I can't let out like how I make foot pegs lol or how I have the doors held closed. No latches. You pull open and you push closed and it's secure and has piano hinges. My other cases are older plans and are held closed with latches and a piece of pine on the bottom to hold them in place when latching. Old designs. My new designs are ridiculous. Just can share my ideas lol. One day I'll be redoing the other 2 cases I made years ago. But no clue when.

Heroic Warrior
    In case some of you guys never seen my granymir display case diorama. Go in my profile and look at threads I made. You can see customs I made and that dio. That dio is really cool. Lots of hand made things in there like c
    Gold coins and the chair and big vases and rolled up art and maps. Treasure chest that were for fishtail all painted up and jewels and coins added. Lots of cool things. Big glowing blue orb in granymirs hand. Pretty cool stuff.

In case some of you guys never seen my granymir display case diorama. Go in my profile and look at threads I made. You can see customs I made and that dio. That dio is really cool. Lots of hand made things in there like c
    Gold coins and the chair and big vases and rolled up art and maps. Treasure chest that were for fishtail all painted up and jewels and coins added. Lots of cool things. Big glowing blue orb in granymirs hand. Pretty cool stuff.
    Can you provide links? The search function and "Find latest started threads" are still broken, so tracking stuff down is difficult.
    Check out my Etsy page for items ready to ship.
    Contact BadVermin for all your custom projects and repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    Can you provide links? The search function and "Find latest started threads" are still broken, so tracking stuff down is difficult.
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...r-display-case

Very Cool! Thanks!
    Check out my Etsy page for items ready to ship.
    Contact BadVermin for all your custom projects and repaints.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    Very Cool! Thanks!
    There's some cool things going on in there. Wish I had close up pics of the case with the snake wrapped around it. That thing is sick.

This is incredible! My favorite part is the gate with the hands grasping it.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    This is incredible! My favorite part is the gate with the hands grasping it.
    Thanks man lol. It's way better in person I promise. Lots of details go unnoticed in pics and in person though.

Whoa That is one awesome display. So many little details, I'm going to have to back through the photos to see what I missed on the first pass.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberius704 View Post
    Whoa That is one awesome display. So many little details, I'm going to have to back through the photos to see what I missed on the first pass.
    Hahaha. There's a lot. It's way better in person. I have plans on working on another shelf in the near future. I just recently got dumped by the girl I thought I'd be with forever so I'll have time to sit down and create and not have to worry about making time for that and her. But in all honesty I'd trade my whole collection and dios and stuff to have her back. But I might also be just a damn fool.

Click k the granymir link as well. That's got some crazy details as well. Lots of hand made items in that one too.

Hahaha. There's a lot. It's way better in person. I have plans on working on another shelf in the near future. I just recently got dumped by the girl I thought I'd be with forever so I'll have time to sit down and create and not have to worry about making time for that and her. But in all honesty I'd trade my whole collection and dios and stuff to have her back. But I might also be just a damn fool.

Click k the granymir link as well. That's got some crazy details as well. Lots of hand made items in that one too.

Hey, sorry to hear about the girl... that's rough. At least she didn't make you get rid of your stuff and then she breaks up with you anyways and now you don't have your dioramas. Post breakup is a good time to sink yourself into work.

Care to share what your new shelf's theme will be?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Hey, sorry to hear about the girl... that's rough. At least she didn't make you get rid of your stuff and then she breaks up with you anyways and now you don't have your dioramas. Post breakup is a good time to sink yourself into work.

Care to share what your new shelf's theme will be?
    Well I started a farm house in March. Its just a facia though for the background. I just never got around d to finishing it. But that will be a blacksmiths workshop slash house and I'll have a fence and carts with hay . But I want to habe the giants fighting and some good guy vs bad guys fighting. I want to habe someone laying g on a smashed cart of hay. Kind of hard to explain. Then the next I thnk I'm doing a sewer for the s7 turtles.

Heroic Warrior
    This is the house so far

Heroic Warrior
    The door and shutters open and have hinges. Well the door don't have hinges yet.

Heroic Warrior
    And it will have a thatched roof. And over the door. Over hang with posts holding the over hang up.