Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU: Revelation TEASER and new images | Official Talkback Thread

He-Man historian

MOTU: Revelation TEASER and new images | Official Talkback Thread

Netflix unveiled 10 new images and Teaser Trailer

From Netflix executive producer Ted Biaselli

Heeeeeeeeeere we gooooooooooooo!!!!!
    The first teaser for Masters of the Universe Revelation drops TOMORROW!
    TAKE. BACK. THE POWER! ⚔️ He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, and all other forces of power in Eternia return for “Masters of the Universe: Revelation” Part 1, premiering July 23, only on @Netflix. #ThePowerReturns

Twitter: @NetflixGeeked / @mastersofficial
    Facebook: @NetflixGeeked / @mastersoftheuniverse
    Instagram: @NetflixGeeked / @masters
    #ThePowerReturns
    From writer and showrunner Kevin Smith

TOMORROW MORNING AT 9AM PST! Fabulous, secret powers will be revealed to you when #GeekedWeek premieres the first ever sneak peek at our @MastersOfficial series (dropping at @netflix on July 23)!

Tosee He-Man face Skeletor and more,
    TUNE IN LIVE via @NetflixGeeked!

MODERATOR NOTE: PLEASE TALK ABOUT THE SUBJECT AND NOT EACH OTHER. PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL TOWARDS EACH OTHER. NO POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS. THANKS.
    Last edited by Jukka; June 12, 2021 at 06:31am.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Colour me impressive. Lots of little snippets of some exciting stuff characters and vehicles we never saw in the original series

Heroic Warrior
    Bonnie Tyler

Looks great, I hope the writing can honor the animation. He-Man showing up cloaked on Stridor was pretty interesting, I guess that was him coming back later in the series? Where is Battle Cat?! Ahhh!

Also dope to see Clamp Champ in animated form, especially since we didn't get a voice actor credit for him so potentially more Masters can show up.

That was incredible! <3 Bonnie Tyler.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Very impressed ! So many characters and vehicles!
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

So much goodness in there. It gave me chills!

Loved it, can’t wait for the release.

Heroic Warrior
    I’m not going to lie, Bonnie Tyler is the sort of thing I would pull if I was making animation. The budget people wouldn’t let me NEAR the music stuff for fears I would drive the cost through the roof with rights requests.

Also the animation looks great in motion. Now the plot…

Heroic Warrior
    I'll probably be the only one to say this, but I found the animation to be very simplistic/jerky. Maybe it won't be that way in the final? Maybe they are trying to emulate the old one? It just looks....off....in this teaser.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    More stills from the cartoon here and some more news:-

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/masters-...wer-aftershow/
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Incredible. Hope the show is as good as the trailer…the animation and character designs look fantastic!
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

Heroic Warrior
    That looks brilliant. I love the choice of song. I also like the look of the transformation, with the bluey translucent look. Pumped.

After thinking about it there is no way they have the latter half of the season animated. The Stridor He-Man is probably Faker. That'll be how Skeletor takes Sorceress out, I guess. Most of the scenes are probably from the first episode.

The trailer is incredible. So far so good. Please cartoon god, let this series as a whole be great, MOTU deserves it.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    After thinking about it there is no way they have the latter half of the season animated. The Stridor He-Man is probably Faker. That'll be how Skeletor takes Sorceress out, I guess. Most of the scenes are probably from the first episode.
    I'm pretty sure they do, but I think they just aren't showing much footage post timeskip due to wanting it to be like. Mysterious. And that it's kinda spoiler-y if you haven't already pried through every single tidbit of information.

Anyways, I'm hyped, but also terrified at how that clip with Orko is edited. Is he gonna pull a Gandalf "you shall not pass" and die???? If he does I'm gonna cry inconsolably. Like it's 50/50 that he either does something epic or dies in a heroic sacrifice in that scene, I'm calling it now.

I'm impressed! Went from being excited about new media to being extremely excited to see this
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Court Magician
    I gotta say...that looks pretty sweet.

And again, my bar is pretty low after Thundercats Roar, but this looks fantastic.

The animation looks amazing. The song choice was a bold one. I'm guessing the show will not feature 80's pop, but who knows.

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    That was MUCH better than I was expecting!

And while the Filmation transformation sequence is still my all time favorite on-screen version out of any ever done (including NA and the variations from 200X), this is easily a very close second!

While I am used to the Iron Cross on the chest harness, if they are going to go with an H symbol, I'm glad that they went this route where it's the traditional harness with the an H similar to the symbol on the battle armor. They should have done something like that for 200X instead of the "stylized H" that look more like an asterisk half the time.

If the show ends up being even half as good as this trailer, I'm sold!

Court Magician
    Loved the trailer, thought the characters looked great and one thing I did notice is the variety of characters in there which is promising as that's something I really wanted to see in this, some of the rarer characters utilised which it looks like they're going to do.

Over 10 episodes there's a lot of room for this without over saturating it and being able to give the character the much needed development it may need, so it looks great!

I think I'm the only one though who didn't like the choice of song haha, I suppose it fits in with the show originally being from the 80's but I just wasn't keen on that personally, but it's nothing.

Also, I thought Mer Man looked a little weird but maybe that was the angle as it was so fast, other than that I it was awesome and I'm really looking forward to it!!!

Last edited by The 90'z Rules; June 10, 2021 at 02:56pm.

That was awesome! It was jaw dropping good!

Looking very forward to seeing this. Kevin Smith did us fans right!
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Can't wait to see Stinkor.

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Interesting that the Skelcons are in there.

Since the figures, size wise, seem to be roughly compatible with MOTUC, and since a Skelcon as an army builder never came out (only the one with the Roton vehicle), it would be cool if that figure comes out with this line.

Not that I personally am the biggest fan of them (nothing against them, but I wasn't familiar with them growing up, so I have no real nostalgia for them), but nice for those who are huge fans of them. And I still might get a couple of them depending on how the figure (should they make one) turn out.