Page 86 of 218 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 5443

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Quote Originally Posted by thew40 View Post
    Being inclusive, celebrating diversity, promoting empathy? What's wrong with that?
    Why is it a problem that a character is portrayed as having a different sexuality than a previous incarnation? Why is there an issue with a character being re-imagined as someone that reflects a different kind of skin color? If only these aspects are changed, does that truly alter the character's core so completely? No.
    This is something I absolutely agree with, with my whole heart.

Heroic Warrior
    Star Trek Discovery's ratings have been good enough for Paramount to go whole hog and greenlight four additional series.
    If you notice, every single one of those seasons has been more or less a 'soft reboot', the show no longer even resembles how it started out as, they've tried several different gimmicks while doubling down on what so many people take issue with, and nothing about it has worked. It's very much a show that has no identity.

I'll grant you Doctor Who - but it's the poor writing that's killing it and even then, it's chugging along.

It 'chugs along' only because it's one of the few brands that gives the BBC worldwide notice, as Top Gear did before they fired Clarkson, but the noose is tightening on the franchise. As you say, the writing's been on the wall for a long time. Jodie Whittaker is very warm and likeable in the role, but she hasn't been the answer. Merchandise and sales of Big Finish and Doctor Who Magazine are said to be at record lows and even the BBC are relying more on nostalgia for the Ninth and Tenth Doctor's eras than they are on their current Doctor. In many cases, Jodie has vanished from the marketing altogether. She hasn't even made it on to the cover of this year's annual.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; June 14, 2021 at 03:57am.

Very good read and enlightening viewpoints. Thanks.

Back to topic, i think we have a awesome tease. I like the expression in He-man's face when he catches the Bashasaurus ball hammer. Kinda worried about Sorceress and I hope he won't have to be die in this series.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Some sources from the trailer :

Youtube :

Netflix: 3.6m views
    IGN: 1.1m
    Netflix Brasil: 1.1m
    Netflix latin America: 520th

Twitter:

Netflix:1.8m
    Rotten tomates :540th
    Netflix Latin American: 425th
    Netflix Brazil: 415th
    I think Mattel will be pleased with those numbers.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Heroic Warrior Long Live He-Man's Avatar
    I'm very nervous about what I've been reading regarding this series being more about Teela emerging as the new hero.

If this is true I'll be very disappointed, a little angry, and bitter.

I hope it's just a rumor. He-Man needs to be the centerpiece.

Please no "wokeness" or political debates in the thread. As has been said in the other threads, those discussions can be had in the Tar Swamp forum. Thanks.

MOTUR in the FatMan Beyond Yesterday.
    43:54:

https://twitter.com/felipeboreli

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post

The pendulum has swung hard in the opposite direction though. Every producer has delusions of making a "CiNemaTic uniVers3" by building up side characters and fans have to fight to see the main character. I have felt cheated ever since the '87 movie when He-Man was only in the film for 15 minutes and the movie was mostly about side characters nobody cared about and Earth teenagers with dead parents. Nobody cared then, and nobody cares now about that side crap now. We wanted He-Man. But Hollywood never learns. They will always try to ram stuff down fanbases' throats.
    At the same time, there's plenty of us for whom He-Man wasn't always "the main dish", in regards to this particular brand. You've got a lot of folks who prefer Skeletor over him (and Frank Langella was pretty much perfect as Skeletor in the '87 film), the "side characters" over him (well, the ones which had action figures back in the day. I will say I'm with you on not really caring about Kevin and Julie, for example ). In an animated series, I'm not going to complain if we spend episodes traversing Eternia alongside Evil-Lyn and Teela (or Scareglow, or He-Ro, or... whoever) because I love those characters more than I love He-Man himself, if that makes sense. It doesn't make folks any less of a Masters of the Universe fan just because He-Man isn't what they only got into the franchise for. No matter which direction they go in storywise for Revelation, the CGI show, the upcoming movie, etc. it's not going to please 100% of the fanbase 100% of the time. But, hopefully, if Revelation turns out "not for you" then maybe you'll enjoy the CGI series or the live action movie better instead. I dunno. From my perspective, we've gotten three cartoons in the past that did a pretty good job showcasing He-Man/Adam in every single episode and story and we're now in another golden age of MOTU where there's two animated series and a film (forever) in development... and no doubt there will be more series to come in later years. I think it's cool that they're (supposedly, because not one of us has seen a single episode yet and so we're all just constantly speculating here) giving the other characters some room to breath and develop in the story.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Long Live He-Man View Post
    I'm very nervous about what I've been reading regarding this series being more about Teela emerging as the new hero.

If this is true I'll be very disappointed, a little angry, and bitter.

I hope it's just a rumor. He-Man needs to be the centerpiece.

But why? Teela has always been a hero. Outside of He-Man, She-Ra, and Skeletor, she's the most vital character in the franchise! She's always had an intriguing story that has never truly been explored to its true potential. She's always been a strong, powerful character that has shared the spotlight several times.

Even if the rumors are true, whats' the big deal?

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Snake Mountain stands, Wind Raider, and the Griffen

But why? Teela has always been a hero. Outside of He-Man, She-Ra, and Skeletor, she's the most vital character in the franchise! She's always had an intriguing story that has never truly been explored to its true potential. She's always been a strong, powerful character that has shared the spotlight several times.

~W~
    This is where my head is at, too.
    Especially after seeing the teaser, which I think looks so much better than I expected it to (Skelcons! Bashasaurus! Scareglow! Faker! that neat trick Skeletor uses to enlarge his fist through that weird portal thing to smash He-Man with! a new transformation sequence for He-Man that actually looks good again - sorry 200X and NA He-Man... lol!)... this cartoon just looks like a badass action packed day in your '80s toy room come to life.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior

~W~
    It's not about Teela getting focus, it's about the potential 'deconstruction' that can come out of it at Adam/He-Man's expense once the revelation comes out. We know Adam's going to catch a lot of heat from Teela and the other characters for keeping his secrets, and it might not just stop with him...Teela could fall out with Man-At-Arms and even her own mother over what they did. Let's not just stop there, she may have words with frickin' Orko

People simply don't want a repeat of Last Jedi where Luke and every other male,/father/mentor figure is made to look foolish in the process of another female character, to make it look like they're in the right and men are always in the wrong. We've had enough of that. It's not 'new', it's not 'innovative', it's 'predictable' and it's in everything. What happened to the equality?

Nothing wrong with Teela getting her time in the spotlight, as you say, it's very overdue.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; June 14, 2021 at 11:02am.

Being inclusive, celebrating diversity, promoting empathy? What's wrong with that? Why is it a problem that a character is portrayed as having a different sexuality than a previous incarnation? Why is there an issue with a character being re-imagined as someone that reflects a different kind of skin color? If only these aspects are changed, does that truly alter the character's core so completely? No.
    The problems come from being inclusive at the expense of the story and real character growth. Some shows and movies are to busy showing off how many same sex couples and same sex parents they have that they don't have any time left to tell much of a story, or they tell a good story then get to the end and it falls flat because they needed to cram one more same sex couple in. Not naming any names though.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/25/2021

I quite enjoyed watching the trailer. There was a lot of action and the art style, in my opinion, is great.

Teela and Evil-Lyn being quite muscular is something I am not used to, but I am okay with it as long as the story and character development is good.

A nice surprise for me was how Orko seemed quite powerful and no longer just comic relief (then again, I am quite behind with my MOTU lore, so Orko being a powerful mage on Eternia may have been addressed already and I am just ignorant?).

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    The problems come from being inclusive at the expense of the story and real character growth. Some shows and movies are to busy showing off how many same sex couples and same sex parents they have that they don't have any time left to tell much of a story, or they tell a good story then get to the end and it falls flat because they needed to cram one more same sex couple in. Not naming any names though.
    I still think being inclusive is a wonderful way to be. I recently saw a Hallmark Christmas movie which featured a same sex interracial couple (with one of the men being a priest yet) with a baby girl, and not one character in the movie had a problem with this or even singled it out as a concern. It was just natural for the story and characters. It is possible to be diverse and inclusive without making it out to be overt or confrontational, and when it works, it works well. I have the same faith in MOTU and POP.

Court Magician
    I'm always nervous about any reboot of anything I like.

I remember as a teen how I felt after seeing the 1998 Godzilla film...after that, I never got my hopes up again, lol.

What I can say about this new MOTU is:

1) The art style looks amazing. Castlevania and Blood of Zeus look amazing and to see He-Man done in that style makes me happy.
    2) They picked the right characters to be in it. I mean, pretty much everybody I want from the Heroic and Evil Warriors side appear to be there.
    3) Bear McCreary is doing the music...he's awesome. (His Godzilla KOTM ost is probably my favorite in the last decade)
    4) The voice cast is unbelievably good across the board. We even have a nice DCAU reunion going with Hamill, Conroy, and Eisenberg and they picked my two favorite GOT cast members to be in it too, playing the exact characters I'd want them to play. Also, Candy Man as Scareglow...come on, that's awesome.

So I feel like I shouldn't worry, but again, trailers can hide a lot. And given the current climate of things, the obsession with either promoting or fighting against identity politics gets in the way of telling a good story. Look at what happened to Star Wars. And this is a personal thing, but I don't trust Kevin Smith. I liked his movies in the 90s, but he hasn't made anything good that I've seen since Clerks 2...its been a while. I don't know how involved he was, but some signs of his influence are there. One good, casting Jason Mewes as Stinkor, which is hilarious, and one bad, casting his daughter in it, continuing to push her despite her not being talented or likable.

Anyways, as for the reports of "He-Man being sidelined and Teela taking over" that is a story that CAN work, if they go the "Death and Return of Superman" route where they show us how the characters and the world are like when He-Man is not around and then he makes his glorious return (In a black suit and with a mullet of course, lol). But if they just side line He-Man and let Teela take over everything, then that will disappoint all the lifelong He-Man fans, and they will feel lied too since He-Man is all over that trailer.

This is no knock on Teela. I've always liked her as a character and many of the best episodes of the original series were the ones that centered on her, and her one off in NA is one of that show's most enjoyable outings, but I don't want her to be elevated at the expense of He-Man. Honestly, I'd like to see her get the chance to take over as The Sorceress, something the old show was building too but never got to pull the trigger on, and something that the DC comics did in an effective way. Heck, even exploring the whole "How she reacts to Adam being He-Man" is very exciting to me as a long time fan because even as a kid, I was like "Why does Orko get to know and not her?". There is good stuff to play with there. But again, don't elevate Teela by discarding He-Man. That'll just cause annoyance and division that doesn't need to be there.

We'll see how it goes. Right now, I'm feeling mostly okay.
    Last edited by SkullShadow; June 14, 2021 at 09:39am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullShadow View Post
    I'm always nervous about any reboot of anything I like.

I remember as a teen how I felt after seeing the 1998 Godzilla film...after that, I never got my hopes up again, lol.

What I can say about this new MOTU is:

1) The art style looks amazing. Castlevania and Blood of Zeus look amazing and to see He-Man done in that style makes me happy.
    2) They picked the right characters to be in it. I mean, pretty much everybody I want from the Heroic and Evil Warriors side appear to be there.
    3) Bear McCreary is doing the music...he's awesome. (His Godzilla KOTM ost is probably my favorite in the last decade)
    4) The voice cast is unbelievably good across the board. We even have a nice DCAU reunion going with Hamill, Conroy, and Eisenberg and they picked my two favorite GOT cast members to be in it too, playing the exact characters I'd want them to play. Also, Candy Man as Scareglow...come on, that's awesome.

So I feel like I shouldn't worry, but again, trailers can hide a lot. And given the current climate of things, the obsession with either promoting or fighting against identity politics gets in the way of telling a good story. Look at what happened to Star Wars. And this is a personal thing, but I don't trust Kevin Smith. I liked his movies in the 90s, but he hasn't made anything good that I've seen since Clerks 2...its been a while. I don't know how involved he was, but some signs of his influence are there. One good, casting Jason Mewes as Stinkor, which is hilarious, and one bad, casting his daughter in it, continuing to push her despite her not being talented or likable.

Anyways, as for the reports of "He-Man being sidelined and Teela taking over" that is a story that CAN work, if they go the "Death and Return of Superman" route where they show us how the characters and the world are like when He-Man is not around and then he makes his glorious return (In a black suit and with a mullet of course, lol). But if they just side line He-Man and let Teela take over everything, then that will disappoint all the lifelong He-Man fans, and they will feel lied too since He-Man is all over that trailer.

This is no knock on Teela. I've always liked her as a character and many of the best episodes of the original series were the ones that centered on her, and her one off in NA is one of that show's most enjoyable outings, but I don't want her to be elevated at the expense of He-Man. Honestly, I'd like to see her get the chance to take over as The Sorceress, something the old show was building too but never got to pull the trigger on, and something that the DC comics did in an effective way. Heck, even exploring the whole "How she reacts to Adam being He-Man" is very exciting to me as a long time fan because even as a kid, I was like "Why does Orko get to know and not her?". There is good stuff to play with there. But again, don't elevate Teela by discarding He-Man. That'll just cause annoyance and division that doesn't need to be there.

We'll see how it goes. Right now, I'm feeling mostly okay.
    Bear McCreary is doing the music? That's great, I loved his work in Battlestar Galactica! Yeah I'm predicting that by the time these 10 episodes are done, Teela will become the new Sorceress, which could set up some good stuff if they do more seasons. Also, finally having everyone know that Eternia's greatest champion is also the heir to the throne should be interesting too.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    At the same time, there's plenty of us for whom He-Man wasn't always "the main dish", in regards to this particular brand. You've got a lot of folks who prefer Skeletor over him (and Frank Langella was pretty much perfect as Skeletor in the '87 film), the "side characters" over him (well, the ones which had action figures back in the day. I will say I'm with you on not really caring about Kevin and Julie, for example ). In an animated series, I'm not going to complain if we spend episodes traversing Eternia alongside Evil-Lyn and Teela (or Scareglow, or He-Ro, or... whoever) because I love those characters more than I love He-Man himself, if that makes sense. It doesn't make folks any less of a Masters of the Universe fan just because He-Man isn't what they only got into the franchise for. No matter which direction they go in storywise for Revelation, the CGI show, the upcoming movie, etc. it's not going to please 100% of the fanbase 100% of the time. But, hopefully, if Revelation turns out "not for you" then maybe you'll enjoy the CGI series or the live action movie better instead. I dunno. From my perspective, we've gotten three cartoons in the past that did a pretty good job showcasing He-Man/Adam in every single episode and story and we're now in another golden age of MOTU where there's two animated series and a film (forever) in development... and no doubt there will be more series to come in later years. I think it's cool that they're (supposedly, because not one of us has seen a single episode yet and so we're all just constantly speculating here) giving the other characters some room to breath and develop in the story.
    Well said. I completely agree. I want to know more about Clamp-Champ!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Well, I don't like the other characters more than He-Man. He will always be my favourite character and the "main dish" of MOTU. It's the same for a lot of others. He-Man/Prince Adam is the main character of the franchise, plain and simple. So, it's rather a slap in the face to see him sidelined just to make someone else the main character, and I find it rather annoying that that seems to be celebrated by some people. You can have He-Man still be the main character while giving others room to breathe.

It seems pretty clear from everything released so far that Adam will lose his power and it will go to Skeletor. However, it should be Adam's journey to get his power back, not Teela's. I'll watch this show hoping to be proven wrong, but I can't say I trust Kevin Smith.

Court Magician
    This is the thing, as I was saying in a previous post almost every show I can think of people write reports that the show is ruined from some inside info they have and although in some cases it may be true; it's also in a lot of cases false but we don't hear about that as much.

They're doing it with Beavis and Butt-head at the moment too which is back this year which Mike Judge (creator of the show) quickly squashed and if you know about Mike Judge you'll know how much he cares about his franchise. The angle they've been using on this is that Beavis and Butt-head are now adults raising two children which a guy on Instagram who is a huge collector of the boys (and is followed by Mike Judge) quickly made him aware of, as you can see here:

The show will be fantastic I guarantee but that's because we know we can have faith in Mike Judge, he's fully involved in it and we also know how much he not only loves his franchise but also how much he's against all the rubbish we see and hear lately which he showcased in more recent shows and I think is also one of the reasons why he's been a little hesitant in regards to bringing King of the Hill back. Even with Beavis and Butt-head (which was his first major breakthrough show) it took him a while as for years people were crying out for a new movie but he never wanted to do this unless he had something really great to do it with, which he now has and we'll be getting this on Paramount+ hopefully towards the end of the year, along with two new seasons and a spin off show.

Sure, I know Kevin Smith isn't the original creator of He-Man or anything but we do have people such as Alan Oppenheimer on the show who was tied to the original series (and I'm sure there's other people behind the scenes as well as talks before the show went ahead who care about the franchise) so we need to have a little bit of faith, even if it's not with Kevin Smith as the show runner it does seem as though a lot of depth such as characters we saw in the trailer that gave us an idea how these things must have been in play because of the history behind the show and the inclusion of certain things mentioned here people noticed.

You watch, Asterix the Gaul will be the next to get this at some point. The show is coming back for a series on Netflix in 2023, so it's a while yet but don't be surprised if nearer the time this show also starts getting the same kinda things He-Man is getting now as it probably will.

If you haven't done so already, check out my Asterix thread HERE, I'd love to see more of you guys kindly add some input 😊

They also did it with Rocko's Modern Life in 2019, I forget what it was with that though I do remember seeing something of which again turned out to be false and got really fantastic feedback from the fans. They've been doing it for years with The Simpsons constantly comparing to previous seasons, how the show has run it's course, should end etc. yet why when there's literally hundreds and thousands of fans still loving and enjoying the show. It's still on primetime TV (which shows people must be enjoying it) and sure, many might feel the original seasons are much better which is a fair statement (and is subjective) but to constantly pull down the show because they might no longer enjoy the show (many who say they haven't watched since season 10) gets tedious. My point is any beloved franchise seems to get this and it is something we have to try switch off from; I can't think of a single franchise that has come back or been going a long time that hasn't had this.

I also saw it with the new Friends reunion which I then saw after the overwhelming love after it had aired from the fans which didn't surprise me and was nice to see.

Soon as the He-Man trailer came out I saw clownfish were at it again with a new video saying how they are right to pull down the show, maybe they are, maybe they aren't but either way will it be as bad as they are saying and if they are wrong will they admit it or will they just move on or continue to find a way to say how they were right, I dunno but there's always going to be these type of things out there to get clicks or whatever (which I'm sure they're monetising).

We should try just enjoy the show for what it is as we are the audience who the franchise means the most to individually and talk about for years to come, where as casuals will just move on so I guess that's the main thing really 😊

The thing that frustrates me like with the recent clownfish video is when I see people who may be put off by this from those video's or articles, however as we're in a world where streaming services such as Netflix are showing these, they will probably watch it to see at some point and hopefully enjoy it also, so I guess we'll have to see 😊

My point is, it's not uncommon and this happens with pretty much everything that comes back or has been around for a long time, whether it's for clicks or whatever but we should try switch off and just enjoy the shows, otherwise we could be effected by it when going in to enjoy the show when the beauty of these things is the excitement it brings for the fans it means something to and that shouldn't be ruined 😊

Just my feelings on it anyway 😊

Quote Originally Posted by ek79 View Post
    MOTUR in the FatMan Beyond Yesterday.
    43:54:

https://youtu.be/nyKia_byCfA?t=2634
    Loving the in-depth response, backstory on the Bonnie Tyler song choice etc. starting at 42:48
    Last edited by Tallstar; June 14, 2021 at 04:19pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I still think being inclusive is a wonderful way to be. I recently saw a Hallmark Christmas movie which featured a same sex interracial couple (with one of the men being a priest yet) with a baby girl, and not one character in the movie had a problem with this or even singled it out as a concern. It was just natural for the story and characters.
    Hallmark movies have a story?
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; June 14, 2021 at 11:06am.

He man will ALWAYS be the main character in MOTU. That doesn't mean that the other characters in the show should have to take a back seat. Teela has ALWAYS been an integral part of the Masters.

If the lore set out in Filmation and MYP AND DC (see what I did there?) Is to be followed then she will become the next Sorceress of grayskull. That's a huge character. With a story that needs to be fleshed out.

For all we know the Sorceress could be killed in this series leading to Skeletors win over He man.

For all we know he man maybe trapped in this series fighting for his freedom from one side while the rest of the Masters fight a losing battle against Skelegod.

Those wannabe scoop reporters on YouTube are the real internet trash I wish I could block them all off yellow flash quartering mecha girl especially clown fish. Complete trash. They report a Five second sound bite into literally hours of wasted time.

Yes Kevin Smith WAS not a MOTU fan. I'm 47 and lost complete interest in MOTU before the toyline ended
    ( She ra in no small part helped with that ) that and I was 13 when it was over .

Back in 86-87 it was social suicide to be playing with toys in your teens. Kevin's even older so figure it out. Kevin may have caught the cartoon briefly if he has brothers or sisters IDK. As far as for his parents not buying him the toys , that's because he was getting a little old to be playing with toys by 1982.

Kevin's whole career was a stroke of luck cause Clerks while being credible could have easily been the end as well. So long story short stop hating ,keep waiting, no more click baiting.

If we ARE getting the royal screwed we have a choice...

Personally I'm still staying positive...

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    He man will ALWAYS be the main character in MOTU. That doesn't mean that the other characters in the show should have to take a back seat. Teela has ALWAYS been an integral part of the Masters.

If the lore set out in Filmation and MYP AND DC (see what I did there?) Is to be followed then she will become the next Sorceress of grayskull. That's a huge character. With a story that needs to be fleshed out.

For all we know the Sorceress could be killed in this series leading to Skeletors win over He man.

For all we know he man maybe trapped in this series fighting for his freedom from one side while the rest of the Masters fight a losing battle against Skelegod.

Those wannabe scoop reporters on YouTube are the real internet trash I wish I could block them all off yellow flash quartering mecha girl especially clown fish. Complete trash. They report a Five second sound bite into literally hours of wasted time.

Yes Kevin Smith WAS not a MOTU fan. I'm 47 and lost complete interest in MOTU before the toyline ended
    ( She ra in no small part helped with that ) that and I was 13 when it was over .

Back in 86-87 it was social suicide to be playing with toys in your teens. Kevin's even older so figure it out. Kevin may have caught the cartoon briefly if he has brothers or sisters IDK. As far as for his parents not buying him the toys , that's because he was getting a little old to be playing with toys by 1982.

Kevin's whole career was a stroke of luck cause Clerks while being credible could have easily been the end as well. So long story short stop hating ,keep waiting, no more click baiting.

If we ARE getting the royal screwed we have a choice...

Personally I'm still staying positive...
    Exactly, really great post!!

Specially the part where you say "Kevin Smith WAS not an MOTU fan", doesn't mean he isn't now and hasn't caught up on the series and the franchise, something I also did.

As I mentioned in my previous post, this happens with almost every franchise and more times than not it's not as much as made out to be or even at all.

We just have to switch off from it and enjoy it for ourselves, it's not fair fans who may have genuine excitement potentially have this ruined.

That's the beauty of these franchises coming back (fans being excited), the build up shouldn't be ruined for them or the actual franchise themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    This.
    I’m pretty sure no matter what we get, someone will feel hurt and the click-baiters will bait. Social media has turned everyone into an expert and a critic and undoubtedly, they are right...always. Of course, I’m right too

I’m giving myself permission to love this show no matter what. I’m going to enjoy every minute of it without criticizing every little detail(maybe later on) I’m going to have a watch party for one, make a cake in my He-Man cake pan, make some Eternia-inspired cocktails and soak it in while I roll around In MOTU figures on my bed.
    And this too, really great post. Exactly how it should be ��

It's nice to see so many people not actually effected by this or letting it, before these click baiters thing came around people would enjoy the shows without their excitement ruined (or potentially) during the build up; even if the show doesn't turn out to match the excitement of the build up, this still shouldn't be ruined which is what these click bait type things are doing.

When the He-Man trailer came out you can guarantee clownfish saw it, saw the reaction and tried for ages to find an angle to still show they were right after seeing the reaction the trailer was getting and if the show turns out to be fantastic will they admit it, probably not but if it turns out to be right they'll definitely shout about this.

And if there's any middle ground where there's an element to what they've said being correct but not to the extent, will they admit that too? Probably not, they'll talk about how they still weren't wrong and move on to the next thing they can do this to while getting more clicks and money from their content lol

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Hallmark movies have a story?
    Thatís the one thing they forgot to include.

There are a lot of good and heartwarming Hallmark movies with endearing characters and interesting stories out there actually.