Page 93 of 210 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 5228

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

There's an ad in the latest issue of SFX Magazine #341 to give folks a heads-up that there will be a Masters of the Universe: Revelation article in issue #342. That's coming on July 14th. There's also a larger version that's grayed-out here.

https://www.pressreader.com/australi...210616/page/97

"IN THE NEXT SFX
    WE HAVE THE POWER
    Travel back to Eternia as the universe hangs in the balance in Masters of the Universe: Revelation."

https://www.amazon.com/SFX/dp/B0078L2UZM

sfx342july14.jpg
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

On another note

https://youtu.be/MYvS9OnNWtg

- - - Updated - - -

This one is great too! Lol

https://youtu.be/jODEQ1cBHXM

Heroic Warrior Long Live He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thew40 View Post
    But why? Teela has always been a hero. Outside of He-Man, She-Ra, and Skeletor, she's the most vital character in the franchise! She's always had an intriguing story that has never truly been explored to its true potential. She's always been a strong, powerful character that has shared the spotlight several times.

Even if the rumors are true, whats' the big deal?

~W~
    Yes, all the masters of the universe have been heroes but He-Man has always been the central character. I just personally want the subject to revolve around him.

LOL @ ep2 of Loki using the same song.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    I thought the same thing! Bonnie’s gettin’ paid!

Maybe she has a new album coming out. Lol

UPDATE: she does have a new album that was just released and is going on tour soon. Someone knows someone. Lol

BONNIE UPDATE 2: the song is also in this year’s new Guardians of the Galaxy video game
    Last edited by Glasstor; June 16, 2021 at 11:04pm. Reason: Bonnie Tyler Facts

Something I haven’t seen mentioned, apologies if it has been - regarding the Hooded He-Man being Faker, i compared the harness from the transformation sequence and the scene where the cloak is thrown off… does anyone else think it looks like the H is upside down on the “He-Man” that’s suspected to be Faker? It could just be an animation error or the angle or something, but it looks to me like it might be upside down.

AE1C1782-F383-4231-A9A9-519953C0F6E9.jpeg
    BergerKing's opinions and the opinions expressed in the above post do not necessarily reflect the opinions of He-Man.org, Mattel, Coca-Cola, the Catholic Church or the NFL
    I have a feedback thread! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-thread

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    On another note

https://youtu.be/MYvS9OnNWtg

- - - Updated - - -

This one is great too! Lol

https://youtu.be/jODEQ1cBHXM
    Ha! Those are awesome!

The fan community can be so awesome and creative!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Keeping a lid on one's enthusiasm until they see the final product isn't "tedious", it's just being guarded, which is any individual's prerogative, and Cameron has been much more even-handed than some of the people expressing the exact same concerns about what the show *might" be like in the end. I know that he replied to your gif but otherwise there's no reason to "throw shade" at him specifically.

Point of fact, I've seen him defend this show's potential against people being negative on the show on other corners of the internet, quite strongly at times. So if you're assuming he's one of the people crying about how terrible it's going to be based on assumptions and YouTube videos, I can assure you, you're incorrect.

At the absolute worst, his position is one of "Mostly optimistic, but we'll see." Which is mostly where I'm at. Kindly don't come at him like he's one of the "Teela got a haircut and so this show is gonna be garbage" people, that's not who he is and he doesn't deserve that.

Thanks in advance. Not trying to start A Thing but he's my boy going on 20 years and I don't much like to see his character being misread over a single reply to a snarky gif.
    Thanks for the back-up buddy, real ring enforcer you are. Just make sure they don't stick me in a weasel suit, and actually catch me if I fall off a scaffold!

If the guy wants to assume things about me...not my first rodeo with the insecure.

I'm definitely not on the side of Clownfish and Nerderotic, HeelvsBabyface etc, who are riding the wave of artificial negativity projecting a show that's entirely in their own heads onto the impressionable public. I understand their concerns better than most, but that doesn't mean I agree with their approach to Kevin and the trailer.

Me? I just don't think this show will be as horribly written as She-Ra, it certainly won't be as horribly animated, and MOTU always had a well rounded roster that lent itself well to ensemble storytelling.

The likes of Clownfish etc act like they haven't watched the show in forever and are going only on their memories as kids, imagine if they saw the movie and saw it was also called MOTU with no He-Man in the title. The main stars of that film were Langella and Courtney Cox, He-Man was largely just the side character who became the du ex machina towards the end and saved the day for everyone. Sorceress and Evil-Lyn had substantial roles, but that cannot be said of Teela and Duncan. As a kid I was into that thing and still am. He-Man being only a small cog in a bigger wheel wasn't what concerned me, I was way more into Skeletor and him conquering Greyskull, I was much more into the action and Gwildor too.

If the writing is good, if the action is there, if the mythology is enhanced and built upon, all the better. MOTU is more than just He-Man...but I love Adam's character and his potential for just as much focus and agency than He-Man and I hope it's as much his journey as it is Teela's. I don't want one character to be depicted as more 'in the right' than the other. Have both be right and wrong in their own ways and overcome their misunderstandings to find common ground and maybe even love at the same time (Smith does imply there's a love story in here somewhat)

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    Something I haven’t seen mentioned, apologies if it has been - regarding the Hooded He-Man being Faker, i compared the harness from the transformation sequence and the scene where the cloak is thrown off… does anyone else think it looks like the H is upside down on the “He-Man” that’s suspected to be Faker? It could just be an animation error or the angle or something, but it looks to me like it might be upside down.

You might be on to something . . .

See, this is why I tolerate your Power Rangers obsession.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    At E3 this weekend, Square/Enix released the trailer to their Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy video game and they use "Holding Out For a Hero" in the trailer.
    Last edited by grenadaspice; June 17, 2021 at 08:18am.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Ha! Those are awesome!

The fan community can be so awesome and creative!!
    Tryin’ to bring some healing laughter to this thread

Plus, that ‘87 movie mash-up one is awesome

I knew I remembered something funny about that Bonnie Tyler 45 I have

22D57C35-93F9-4D08-8D44-E1F9F2C81912.jpeg
    Last edited by Glasstor; June 17, 2021 at 03:53am.

This is not a She-Ra, Last Jedi, or another film debate thread, please stick to discussing MOTU Revelation. Also, stay away from wokeness and political debates. Thanks.

My feelings is that people "hating" it before they see it is a sign of a healthy fan base. Outrage only exists because people have a lot invested in the franchise. Some of us have been collecting the toys and comics for 4 decades now. If the franchise becomes a farce because of a bad reboot then all that investment is wasted and we die hard fans end up looking like fools. We want this to be good, better than good even. It has to be great.

With dead franchises there is little outrage over flops because nobody cares. The outrage only comes from strong fanbases not weak ones.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    My feelings is that people "hating" it before they see it is a sign of a healthy fan base. Outrage only exists because people have a lot invested in the franchise. Some of us have been collecting the toys and comics for 4 decades now. If the franchise becomes a farce because of a bad reboot then all that investment is wasted and we die hard fans end up looking like fools. We want this to be good, better than good even. It has to be great.

With dead franchises there is little outrage over flops because nobody cares. The outrage only comes from strong fanbases not weak ones.
    Agreed. Nostalgia also plays a factor. For many of us motu was the first cartoon we watched religiously when we were kids. Which makes many of us prone to the 'they ruined it' trope.

If it was any other time, I would be hyped as mack after watching this trailer. In this time we're living, I'm cautiously optimistic and worried that the cartoon that started my affair with epic fantasy is going to be turned into yet another propaganda machine.

So I wait. These forums are going to go totally ham on the 24th of July.

There's some potential evidence that PART 2 of Revelation may be coming in January 2022. This article comes from Licensing Magazine Giuno 2021. Can someone who knows Italian confirm? This is what I got from Google translate:

The second half of 2021 also marks the return of a great classic among the Mattel brands that Victoria Licensing is also bringing back to the fore as consumer products. Those who lived in the 80s cannot have forgotten Masters of the Universe, a series of action figure toys created by Mattel, inspired by the animated series of the same name. A cult that still excites the most nostalgic today. A true icon of the eighties, Masters of the Universe in fact dominated the toy market of those years. The series lasted eight years from 1981 to 1988. 2021 is the year that marks the return of this property, right from where the series ended. In fact, two new contents are coming, born from the meeting between Mattel Television and Netflix, thanks to which viewers will be able to return to Eternia and meet again Prince Adam and all the other Masters, grappling with the plans of the evil Skeletor. Furthermore, to support these new releases, Mattel continues to offer products that make you touch the characters and places of Masters of the Universe in the smallest detail like never before.

Historical fans of the saga will not be able to miss the release of this Netflix series. Masters of the Universe Revelation is an adult-oriented 2D animated series, designed especially for historical fans of the saga: the story of the characters picks up right where the classic series left off. The first 5 episodes will be available on Netflix in July 2021 while for the next 5 we will have to wait until January 2022. Mattel Television and Netflix have thought not only of the historical fandom of Masters of the Universe, but also of the new generations, thus creating content that is aimed at the target family and kids. 2021 is also the year of release of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, a series developed in 3D, in CGI for children. The time has come for even the youngest of the new generations to discover the incredible world of Masters of the Universe.

A very popular brand, a franchise particularly suited to the development of a lifestyle program.

How can we forget the mantra "We have the power"? Masters of the Universe has always urged fans to structure the power within themselves and become the best version of themselves and fully exploit their potential.

https://issuu.com/bmsrl/docs/lm_giugno_2021

--------------------
    This also happened on June 15th:

MATTEL BRANDS: A CONFIRMATION OF SUCCESS AND NEWS FOR THE FUTURE

The Mattel portfolio also strengthens and expands with the relaunch of Masters of the Universe

Victoria Licensing & Marketing and Mattel present trends and news relating to all Mattel Brands for the year 2021/22.

Cristina Angelucci

Speakers
    Eleonora Schiavoni, Managing Director, Victoria Licensing & Marketing, Italia; Claudia Lucarella, Head of Magazines and Partworks EMEA, Mattel; Paola Moroni, Head of Softlines/Halo and Promotions,Victoria Licensing & Marketing, Italia; Stefano Vernetti, Head of Hardlines and Food, Victoria Licensing & Marketing, Italia

Organized by
    Victoria Licensing & Martketing

In cooperation with
    Bologna Licensing Trade Fair

https://www.bolognachildrensbookfair...mme/10951.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I personally believe this show is going to be a hit with fans, regardless to how much screen time He-man gets.

The trailer gives so many fans so many things we've wanted for years. I LOVE the fact that most of the characters and especially the vehicles all seem to be very close renditions of the original figures. And the quality of the animation looked excellent.

I really wish people would put less effort into guessing what might happen in this show and put more effort into where this show could lead. I'm already super excited thinking of the Horde or Snake-men possibly coming next season
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Has recent history led me to being more cautious and less optimistic? Yes. Am I pumped about MOTU:R? Heck yeah! Will it be a long five week wait? Undoubtedly!!!

I think everyone here is basically saying the same thing, but coming at it from slightly different perspectives. We're here because we LOVE He-Man and his fantastically wacky and inspiration cast of characters, good and evil. And we're insatiably hungry for a proper exploration of Eternia that honors the legacy and builds upon the stories that have been permanently absorbed into our DNA.

But, to my way of thinking, patience is the better part of valor. Discretion ain't bad either! Ha! Yes Netflix and modern Hollywood are in it just for the mula and have no problem promoting their agenda along the way. But I feel we may actually undermine our ability to have a positive influence on the future direction of properties like MOTU when we collectively lose our ***** before the series is even released. We make it exceedingly easy for the other side to cast aspersions on our character (and maturity) all but ensuring they dust off their favorite 'toxic fandom' label to shut down any criticism, well-founded or not. The first ten episodes are chilling on a server somewhere unlikely to be tweaked significantly before July 23rd. If we just take a deep breath and wait to see what they actually throw at us then our feedback will be taken more seriously. Hopefully, we will have little negative feedback to give, but I for one will take the lessons I learned while watching He-Man and look for the good in people and not let those seeking to sow discord just for clicks or clout get me down. Fingers crossed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    Agreed. Nostalgia also plays a factor. For many of us motu was the first cartoon we watched religiously when we were kids. Which makes many of us prone to the 'they ruined it' trope.

If it was any other time, I would be hyped as mack after watching this trailer. In this time we're living, I'm cautiously optimistic and worried that the cartoon that started my affair with epic fantasy is going to be turned into yet another propaganda machine.

So I wait. These forums are going to go totally ham on the 24th of July.
    That sums up my feelings. He-man was one of my first shows I watched every day. I’m excited that it’s an even better 200X than 200X was. I love Kevin Smith’s old movies but his more recent work hasn’t been as great. Also he claims to be a fan but he would have been 13 when the show started in the 80s. Seems doubtful he really was into it at that age. I was 9 and it was perfect for me. By 13 I was discovering music and comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I personally believe this show is going to be a hit with fans, regardless to how much screen time He-man gets.

The trailer gives so many fans so many things we've wanted for years. I LOVE the fact that most of the characters and especially the vehicles all seem to be very close renditions of the original figures. And the quality of the animation looked excellent.

I really wish people would put less effort into guessing what might happen in this show and put more effort into where this show could lead. I'm already super excited thinking of the Horde or Snake-men possibly coming next season
    Completely agree.

I would love to see a Revelation version of the Horde!!

And, along with them, the Resistance! This would be a version of PoP that might appease the fans who didn't jive with the Dreamworks versions...

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post

Hmmm... does this mean that Faker says "Goodbye" when he enters and "Hello" when he leaves?

Surely with the incredible amount of interest the teaser trailer has generated they are at least having talks about a second series already?

Also, Kevin Smith keeps referring to the story trailer which he says will give away more of the actual plot, has anyone come across when that is going to be released? I mean it’s only a few weeks till the show airs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if Adam and/or Duncan find a way for him to become He-Man using technology to fight Skelegod? It could be a good way to get Laser Power He-Man into the story.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/25/2021

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    I'm presuming the second half isn't exactly finished/picture-locked just yet...so it's possible with all the spin Kevin put out on twitter overnight that there may be some rewrites/course-corrections going on with eps 6-10 to appease the fanbase?
    That’s not how animation works.

By now all 10 episodes are done. There is no room to make changes.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    That’s not how animation works.

By now all 10 episodes are done. There is no room to make changes.
    Do you work on the show?