Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 250

Thread: MOTU: Revelation TEASER and new images | Official Talkback Thread

  1. #126
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Interesting that you pinpoint the kid as Smith's turning point. I always blamed the weed, since that is when his podcast turned from witty conversations to imbecile giggling nonstop. Probably a combination of both.
    Forgot to reply to this earlier. Sorry!

    I never pay attention to his podcast, so I wouldn't know what goes on over there. But as for what may have been the life-changing catalyst in Kevin Smith's situation... I've never met the guy, but I know a ton of pot smokers and lots of people with kids ("shockingly", there is a TON of cross-over between groups because kids drive you nuts). So anecdotally, I can kind of safely say that one thing has a way of changing everything about a person to a much greater degree than the other.

    People who increase their weed intake often do change in several ways, such as an increased appreciation for guitar solos, salted snacks, and the works of David Lynch. However, having a kid changes literally EVERYTHING about a person, from perspective to priority to general behavior, often to a very large and noticeable degree. Many of the people I know well became completely different people after they became parents. Things they used to joke about "weren't funny" anymore. Movies and music and things they used to like were now "inappropriate". Sometimes their entire political views will shift from Red to Blue, or vice-versa, depending. It's kinda nuts, but I've seen it happen quite often.

    So while both of those things probably played a factor in distinguishing "Pre-Crisis" Kevin Smith from "Post-Crisis" Kevin Smith - and again, I don't think there's any coincidence whatsoever that he started smoking more pot after having a kid; in some states I think it's even mandatory - I think it's safe to say that the kid probably had the greater impact on him as a whole. He already smoked pot, he just started smoking it more; in my experience, that doesn't shift a person much. The kid thing, though... yeah, based on some of the things I've heard him say about various topics, having a kid - specifically, having a daughter - in many ways did turn him into a completely different guy than he was before.

    Still just speculation, but pretty sure that's what it comes down to. The pot thing is just an easier thing to scapegoat, I think. Plus it sounds kind of crummy to say to someone, "You had a kid and now your sense of humor sucks", or whatever. Even if it's true people aren't likely to say that kind of thing out loud, they'll look for other things to cite as factors instead.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  2. #127
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    8,540
    Great trailer, really enjoyed it. Wasn't keen on the use of the Bonnie Tyler song though.
    Lots of deep cuts, Skelecons!! So glad they used them!

    Quote Originally Posted by SkullShadow View Post
    So I've watched the trailer a few times.

    So that thing that Clamp Champ held and slammed down...was that one of the old Hover Robots from the Filmation cartoon?!?! I couldn't really tell for sure, but that was my best guess.

    Attachment 126097
    Yep the Hover Bots are in the trailer:
    HoverBots.JPG
    UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

    Wanted:
    MOTUC He-Ro Staff with green gem
    Keshi Mantenna in red

  3. #128
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    30,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post

    I'm guessing an extended and proper trailer will come right before the premier?
    Yep, I definitely think we will get a proper trailer. Probably around 3-4 weeks before the premier.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  4. #129
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Love the scene where Orko is blocking Skeletor's magic. It'll be interesting to see how they mix this with his comical nature.
    He's fighting Scare Glow in that scene
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

  5. #130
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    197
    I don't know about the song but the animation is the best thing I have ever seen. this looks so great, its going to be a hard month of waiting. I need to watch this NOW.

  6. #131
    Heroic Warrior Stratos88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    225
    1.6M views in 19 hours, Mattel has to be pretty happy about that.

  7. #132
    Heroic Warrior Xena-She-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    As much as I LOVE Netflix She-Ra, I would be even more eager to see a new POP series in this style, and perhaps a new version of New Adventures as well.
    Yes a She-Ra series in this style I would absolutely love to see. I would be happy to see She-Ra and her friends join He-Man in Revelations.
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

  8. #133
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    1.6M views in 19 hours, Mattel has to be pretty happy about that.
    It's incredible the reactions it's getting, this is one of my favourite things about this right now, specially after that previous video that was on Youtube.

    Hopefully this will continue and when the series has finished, it'll be looked back on and remembered fondly like the 2002 series is

  9. #134
    Heroic Warrior Fandabidozi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    152
    If this all goes well we’re definitely getting The Film.

  10. #135
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    7,170
    A most interesting archived Kevin Smith tweet from 2013 (he has deleted it):

    kevin smith.jpeg

  11. #136
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,654
    Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    Please don't sideline He-Man in his own show just to make it about Teela. I love how this looks, but I still don't trust Kevin Smith.
    Just kinda thinking about this last night...


    If you make He-man really be HE-MAN then it's hard to write a story where the villains have the upper hand isn't it? So I look at it like they've written story that makes He-Man the goal, the Excalibur they need to get things back together.

    I'd then assume this series being successful leads to more seasons with He-Man and others being more the focus.


    I do fear a "passing of the torch" type plot though
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

  12. #137
    Heroic Warrior Stratos88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    A most interesting archived Kevin Smith tweet from 2013 (he has deleted it):

    kevin smith.jpeg
    Yeah, he said on Comic Book Men he "never had love for He-Man" and now all of a sudden he was a big fan as a kid and his parents wouldn't buy him the toys. Dude is a liar. I'd respect him more if he just came out and said he was never a fan, but after getting the job he found an appreciation for the franchise.

  13. #138
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    7,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Just kinda thinking about this last night...


    If you make He-man really be HE-MAN then it's hard to write a story where the villains have the upper hand isn't it? So I look at it like they've written story that makes He-Man the goal, the Excalibur they need to get things back together.

    I'd then assume this series being successful leads to more seasons with He-Man and others being more the focus.


    I do fear a "passing of the torch" type plot though
    It should climax with He-Man getting back his power and being the badass he is.

  14. #139
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    424
    Just showed my 12yo the trailer and he was like ‘that looks pretty awesome, I’ll watch that with you’
    He said it reminds him of the 200x series, which was got him into motu as a kid. For him the filmation series was a bit dated and not as action packed.

  15. #140
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    7,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Yeah, he said on Comic Book Men he "never had love for He-Man" and now all of a sudden he was a big fan as a kid and his parents wouldn't buy him the toys. Dude is a liar. I'd respect him more if he just came out and said he was never a fan, but after getting the job he found an appreciation for the franchise.
    In the video that launched the trailer and he was talking about it after the fact, he said he would come home and watch the cartoon every day in 1981 and 1982. The show wasn't even out at that point. I would let that pass as a misspeak, but given that tweet, and the talk on Comic Book Men, it just adds to the notion that he was truly never a fan.

  16. #141
    Master of Physics VZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,753
    Even if He-Man is not the main character for a few episodes, this looks amazing. The deep cuts prove that someone has some major MotU street cred, probably Ted.

    Clamp Champ? Man-at-arms with just the left arm and leg armor? Bashasaurus? Roboto (and his heart!)? Skelecons? Castle Grayskull's ledge? Stridor? Faker? THE MEGALASER????

    He-man's new symbol is the Battle Armor H?

    I'm done. They got me so hard. I am completely so into this!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

  17. #142
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    30,135
    The teaser trailer just started trending at #2 on YouTube! More people will be exposed to this greatness!



    youtubetrending.jpg
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  18. #143
    Heroic Warrior Seril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,005
    I have to say, I really like Orko's creepy eyes.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

    One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

    www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

  19. #144
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Love the scene where Orko is blocking Skeletor's magic. It'll be interesting to see how they mix this with his comical nature.
    That's Scare Glow, summoning 11 more skull ghosts to attack the post-Cataclysm band.
    I won't say you're wrong, because Scare Glow may be the Evil Ghost of Skeletor (they don't have to use the Classics bio if they don't want to).

  20. #145
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,256
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    In the video that launched the trailer and he was talking about it after the fact, he said he would come home and watch the cartoon every day in 1981 and 1982. The show wasn't even out at that point. I would let that pass as a misspeak, but given that tweet, and the talk on Comic Book Men, it just adds to the notion that he was truly never a fan.
    There was an interview with him several months back where he openly said he wasn't a huge fan of vintage MOTU because when it came out, he was already a bit too old for that kind of thing. Seeing how he was born in 1970, he would have already been a teenager when the Filmation series first aired, so his explanation makes sense. I don't think it's a big deal. He has an appreciation for geek culture, and it seems that when he got this gig that he likely gained a genuine appreciation and affectation for it. The teaser trailer certainly shows that he did his homework at the very least as to what hardcore fans want from this show.

  21. #146
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    168
    A lot of that is projecting from Clownfish and whatnot, who have had an axe to grind against Smith and how She-Ra turned out for some time, but it's an entirely subjective matter, I grew up in the 90s when you could easily group a lot of programmes at the time in the same category, but they are remembered quite fondly by those who grew up on them.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; June 11, 2021 at 11:52am.

  22. #147
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    7,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    The teaser trailer certainly shows that he did his homework at the very least as to what hardcore fans want from this show.
    Pretty sure he had a lot of help on it, though, and by the looks of it, people who know the franchise.

  23. #148
    Court Magician Viril-75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    59
    everything looks really fantastic ... except this Teela that I don't like at all ... not very feminine, with a hideous costume.

  24. #149
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    21,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    A lot of that is projecting from Clownfish and whatnot, who have had an axe to grind against Smith and how She-Ra turned out for some time, but it's an entirely subjective matter, I grew up in the 90s when you could easily group a lot of programmes at the time in the same category, but they are remembered quite fondly by those who grew up on them.
    I don't think it's about Kevin Smith. It's more MOTU being another casualty in the Culture War. Clownfish are MOTU fans who supposedly knew someone who read a Revelation script AND they went off the "It's up to Teela" synopsis from Screenrant and Power-Con. Some took that synopsis and ran with it, fearing the worst. Others are cautiously optimistic, preferring to wait until the show is out before condemning it.

    The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

    Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

  25. #150
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,627
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I don't think it's about Kevin Smith. It's more MOTU being another casualty in the Culture War. Clownfish are MOTU fans who supposedly knew someone who read a Revelation script AND they went off the "It's up to Teela" synopsis from Screenrant and Power-Con. Some took that synopsis and ran with it, fearing the worst. Others are cautiously optimistic, preferring to wait until the show is out before condemning it.
    See that in lies the problem if something WORKS don't change it...It will get ruined and your SUPPOSED to respect the target audience not the small minority who are complaining because it's NOT what they want......

    Why do things have to get changed to suit the SMALL minority of people that didn't like the original...stop already

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •