Thread: The Mysterious Eternian three toe 'monster' foot

Heroic Warrior

The Mysterious Eternian three toe 'monster' foot

This is something that has always perplexed me. I used to think that it was a strange genetic mutation that happened on Eternia which would mean you were destined to be 'evil' in your life. Many of the bad dudes have it, including Skelly himself. And it could even affect you if you weren't humanoid and otherwise human looking (Ninjor). Then I remembered Buzz Off so that theory was thrown out the window, I'm sure there are other heroic warriors afflicted with this condition that I cant think off hand? And why does this anomaly exist?

Zodac has it too, but his complex, real world, history of allegiance might be a factor. As for an in universe explanation I'm not sure there is or ever will be one. There are a number on animals on Earth with three toes and considering the diversity of sapience life on Eternia it stands to reason that some of then evolved for three toed animals.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/19/2021

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    It really comes down to tooling cost; Mattel was cheap, and they wanted to reuse molds as much as possible.

You had standard boot feet, reserved mostly for the heroes. You had the sock feet, meant to convey hairy sasquauch /animal guys. You had the robot feet for cyborgs. You had the demon feet which most bad guys had early on. Later on, they added the three toes used on Buzz Off to the mix.

This started to change around 1984 when figures with increasingly unique tooling were introduced. The game changer was the Evil Horde, which aside from Hordak were all completely new sculpts. Well, I think Mosquitor had shared biceps and quads.

The reason why Ninjor and other figures from the last year of production went back to the early model of shared parts was to save tooling costs on a failing line.

I know, this answer wasn't in the spirit of the question and is a bit of a buzz kill; but the real answer is simply: they had evil looking feet because they were evil, and Mattel did not want to waste money on making unique parts.
    Last edited by Scare Glow; June 19, 2021 at 07:32pm.

I think another important thing is that, in most cases, we only know one or two individuals from these different species. There's nothing to say that all the Andreenids are good or that every Karikoni is bad.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/19/2021

Ya know, it always bugged me that MOTUC never re-created vintage-style monster feet. There’s the smooth duck feet and the textured Buzz Off feet.

Also I think I’m going to get some very strange targeted advertisements for Google searching “Skeletor feet”.

As with many things MOTU I kind of prefer that this was not over-explained in a rational way... it’s a weird, mysterious world :-}

With some exceptions like Stratos, (whose race was depicted in one of my first mini-comics) I didn’t always imagine that there were others like e.g. Buzz-Off, Clawful, etc I though they were unique Warriors, more like... i guess the mutants on earth.