Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mikey's All-Purpose Catch-All Thread

Co-Creator of the NV
    Yeah, the name is pretty poor. They should have put more thought into the branding.

My question is would you rather buy Wilkinson's book, Mikey?
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Hey Mikey! Just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing. How are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Hey Mikey! Just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing. How are you doing?
    Hey Glasstor, I haven't been well which accounts for my long absence, but don't worry, I'm OK. I've been recharging my inner batteries so to speak, along with my writing and editing, I've been spending time with my CD, DVD and book collections. I was going to leave the forums to avoid the toxic negativity that has pervaded the forums of late, not to mention people who have not been so kind to me, but I haven't fully decided yet. I am eager to spread the positive light about the new MOTU/POP goodness and other things I love though.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior
    You know I was thinking of starting a thread “does anyone know what happened to Mikey?” The other day because I hadn’t seen any posts from you in a very long time. Sorry to hear you’ve been unwell. Hope you’re feeling better

Good to know you're still around.

Thanks for the concern guys, it is much appreciated!

It's that time of year to start collecting the various DC shows on DVD as I do every year, starting with Batwoman Season 2 and The Flash Season 7, and then moving on to Superman And Lois Season 1, Supergirl Season 6, Legends Of Tomorrow Season 6, Black Lightning Season 4, and Stargirl Season 2. Plus there's a new animated movie based on the Injustice video games on the horizon.

I've been reading the Disney Villains, Disney Twisted Tales and DC Icons novels which are awesome and there will be more releases next year, including Never Never based on Captain Hook (DV), Harley Quinn - Reckoning (DCI), Almost There based on Princess And The Frog and an as yet unnamed novel based on The Blue Fairy from Pinocchio (DTT).

I will be getting my tickets soon for Belinda Carlisle's concert here in February 2022 and I am looking forward to Beth Nielsen Chapman's new album next year called Crazy Town. Plus I want to get the 30TH Anniversary edition of Amy Grant's classic album Heart In Motion and the 20TH Anniversary edition of God Bless The Go-Go's, both of which have new unreleased songs.

Plus I've been following my new MasterChef friends on Instagram, Depinder, Kishwar, Scotty, Pete and Brent.

I think that's all my news for now.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Hey Glasstor, I haven't been well which accounts for my long absence, but don't worry, I'm OK. I've been recharging my inner batteries so to speak, along with my writing and editing, I've been spending time with my CD, DVD and book collections. I was going to leave the forums to avoid the toxic negativity that has pervaded the forums of late, not to mention people who have not been so kind to me, but I haven't fully decided yet. I am eager to spread the positive light about the new MOTU/POP goodness and other things I love though.
    Glad you are OK and hopefully recharged. Always wishing you well on the health front

You haven’t gotten you Belinda tickets yet!?

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Glad you are OK and hopefully recharged. Always wishing you well on the health front

You haven’t gotten you Belinda tickets yet!?
    Thanks Glasstor.

I absolutely love Belinda, but the kittens haven't been well and needed vet appointments.

I do keep a regular check on ticket availability.

Speaking of cats and kittens, one of the DC animated movies next year will be Catwoman: Hunted, I'm looking forward to that and the other animated movies for 2022, I'm not sure what the others are yet.

Out of curiosity Mikey have you seen any of Star Wars Visions?

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Out of curiosity Mikey have you seen any of Star Wars Visions?
    I haven't actually, but I guess I should check it out.

I haven't actually, but I guess I should check it out.
    Fun fact the Jedi lady in this scene has the same voice actress as Glimmer from SPOP (although yo wouldn't know it by listening to her).

Don't leave Mikey! The Org forums have always been a refuge. They've had ups and downs like this before when there's renewed interest, but they will be a refuge once more when the storm passes!
    Will Bell - Part-Time Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Cringe View Post
    Don't leave Mikey! The Org forums have always been a refuge. They've had ups and downs like this before when there's renewed interest, but they will be a refuge once more when the storm passes!
    I just got tired of being harassed and abused by certain people, especially on top of all my medical traumas. Still, if I can bring positivity and light to the forums, perhaps I will stay. The break I took did much to cleanse my soul. I just needed to feel refreshed.

- - - Updated - - -

Lovely and talented Amy Grant is performing a livestream concert this weekend on Friday October 1 at 7:00 PM US time which is Saturday October 2 at 9:30 AM (my time), with proceeds which will go toward Compassion LIVE. I love Amy for her music and her humanitarian beliefs including her LGBTQ-friendly worldview! She will be performing her entire Heart In Motion album plus other songs!

I hope this doesn't break any forum rules regarding matters of spirituality, as I am both a spiritual person AND decidedly hard-core liberal in my world view.

https://www.compassionlive.com/event...from-franklin/

*Compassion LIVE, established in 2014 by Compassion International, provides the highest quality events for families to join together and grow with others in faith. Compassion LIVE partners with impact-making leaders, artists and communicators to produce life-changing events that share the message of faith. Founded in 1952, Compassion partners with more than 8,000 local churches in 25 program countries to deliver spiritual, economic, social, and physical care to over two million babies, children, and young adults in poverty. Compassion is an accredited charity with the Better Business Bureau’s Wise Giving Alliance. For more information, visit compassion.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.*

So Mikey question time for you. I'm a fan a of a video game series called Super Robot Wars (basically an RPG that's a big crossover of giant robot animes). Anyway the games usually give a choice of protagonist (a male or female one) and I'm a bit torn between them, so I'm going to give you the task of deciding (should you chose to accept it).

The male protagonist.
    A_EDGE.jpg

Or the female one.
    A_AZ.jpg

So Mikey question time for you. I'm a fan a of a video game series called Super Robot Wars (basically an RPG that's a big crossover of giant robot animes). Anyway the games usually give a choice of protagonist (a male or female one) and I'm a bit torn between them, so I'm going to give you the task of deciding (should you chose to accept it).

The male protagonist.
    A_EDGE.jpg

Or the female one.
    A_AZ.jpg
    I would play as the female character!

I would play as the female character!
    Will do, anyway here's a video I found of the robot she pilots (actualy whichever one you pick pilots it).

Her theme son is pretty catchy.

Will do, anyway here's a video I found of the robot she pilots (actualy whichever one you pick pilots it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_GHf1HcD1c

Her theme son is pretty catchy.
    Totally awesome A Dalek!

I just thought I would share the awesome music video Name Of The Game by Susanna Hoffs and featuring guest Aimee Mann. I can't wait for the new covers album Bright Lights which features both this song and a new version of a song I love called I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight (which I also have on CD by Susan Cowsill and Siobhan Maher-Kennedy).