Thread: Mikey's All-Purpose Catch-All Thread

Mikey's All-Purpose Catch-All Thread

I was considering leaving the forums due to unwanted and unnecessary negativity from certain people, but since I have made deep and lasting friendships with many people and I always enjoy making new friends, and there is so much in the way of NEW MOTU/POP right now I LOVE, I am going to create ONE thread for all my news (so people can't accuse me of "flooding the forums" or "hijacking threads" and the other rubbish I've been accused of). I would appreciate and hope people will respect my efforts in trying to do better and not contaminate this thread with hate and negativity.

Personal:

Health-wise, despite my ongoing longtime illnesses and occasional bouts of depression, my recent and harrowing history with hospitals over the last two years and such is seeming to improve so there's not much news there. I am enjoying more online concerts and chats with many of my favourite people who are indeed REAL friends. I am also getting back into my writing, editing and music journalism since Winter is magically inspiring me as always.

Music:

I'm buying my tickets for Belinda Carlisle's concert tour on February 9 2022 very soon. I was supposed to have this achieved by now but things kept cropping up.

Also, recent Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame winners The Go-Go's are re-releasing their God Bless The Go-Go's album.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

In other Go-Go's news, drummer Gina Schock will be releasing her new photo book on October 26. She is the third member of the band to release a book after Belinda and Kathy Valentine. I am hoping Charlotte Caffey and Jane Wiedlin will follow suit and complete the set.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Amy Grant is re-releasing her iconic Heart In Motion album with bonus songs, a photo book and apparel on July 9. It is the 30TH Anniversary of this album.

https://www.wnypapers.com/news/artic...eart-in-motion

I have an online show with Gretchen Peters in a couple of weeks. It is the 25TH Anniversary of her debut album The Secret Of Life.

Books:

There are three Disney books being released within the next year - Cold Hearted (a Disney Villains release based on Lady Tremaine from Cinderella), What Once Was Mine (a Twisted Tale based on Tangled) and a currently title-unknown book based on The Blue Fairy from Pinocchio.

DVD's:

Batman: The Long Halloween Parts 1 & 2 will be released on June 22 and August 10 respectively.

It appears the next Scooby Doo animated movie will be a crossover with DC Comics Krypto and perhaps other characters in the Superman universe.

Last edited by Mikey; June 11, 2021 at 02:07am.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Happy to hear your health continues to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    Happy to hear your health continues to improve.
    Thankyou!

I had another awesome experience this week, I'm not sure why but PayPal gave me a free $10 gift so I bought Volumes 1-3 of the Disney Princess Stories series on one DVD - 10 episodes of new Disney Princess adventures!

- - - Updated - - -

Suzy Bogguss has just added her new music video, Sunday Birmingham to YouTube, previously it was available only for members of Suzy's Inner Circle.

"Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Heroic Warrior Granamyr's Helmet's Avatar
    Good to see you back on here Mikey!

Quote Originally Posted by Granamyr's Helmet View Post
    Good to see you back on here Mikey!
    Thanks my new friend!

I've been watching MasterChef lately, I'm particularly impressed with one contestant, Depinder, although there are other talented and nice people competing. Still, I'm decidedly Team Depinder, I think she has talent, creativity and potential.

Master of New Adventures!
    Glad you hear your health is improving. Trust me, I know health issues are a tough deal.

I can't pretend to know what it's like to go through that, but it's good to know you're doing better.

Co-Creator of the NV
    How's your mobility? With all of the foot surgeries I gopebtjst you're able to get back on your feet. I'm dealing with some mental health issues of my own and I'm often told that a key thing to help with that is exercise - doesn't have to he anything super strenuous, but good if you can get some in as it's impacts are not limited to the physical.

I hope that you're in a well enough state to maybe do that sort of thing as well, - like if you don't so, but are able to do so (I don't want to make assumptions as I don't know your lifestyle or details as to how your feet currently are), I suggest trying to work in the occasional walk and fresh air.

Good luck and I hope your upward trend continues.

Thanks Everyone for the kind words!

Regarding my mobility, I'm kind of limited in what I can do due to the fibromyalgia, arthritis and nerve illness, even doing a sink full of dishes causes me fierce back pain and the few times I am able to go shopping with my sister can also leave me sore and tired for days, which is why I work from home. I do hope to take up swimming or other aquatic sports as therapy very soon. I love Winter (which is now here in Australia) and that inspires me a lot to get out and about more when I can.

I try and not make "woe is me" posts, but the last few years have been harrowing so I apologise again for seeming combative, erratic and annoying on the forums, it has never been my intention to annoy, offend or upset anyone. I have only ever meant to bring light and positivity to the forums.

In other cool news, Suzy Bogguss, Beth Nielsen Chapman and Susanna Hoffs have all hinted at new music soon.

I am definitely looking forward to MOTU Revelation next month!

MasterChef is on again Sunday night and although I'm sad Depinder didn't win the last Immunity Challenge (she forgot to put baking powder in the cake last time which is odd given she doesn't usually make mistakes of that nature) but I'm hoping she can be safe in this weekend's Elimination Challenge!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I just discovered that the sequel to Aquaman will be Aquaman And The Lost Kingdom, which sounds awesome! I love the first movie and can't wait to see the sequel.

https://theplaylist.net/aquaman-and-...itle-20210611/

- - - Updated - - -

Last night's MasterChef was both epic and emotional. The twelve contestants (minus Tommy who won the last Immunity Challenge) had to take an apron out of a sack and the two matching aprons had to pair off against each other with a wall separating them. They were given 90 minutes to split between two heats with the remainder of the time from the first heats being allocated to their second heats. The winner of each heat won the Immunity Challenge while the not-winner of the first heat would be sent to the second heat with the least outstanding recipe being eliminated.

Depinder (who was cooking against Maja) won her heat which I was delighted by so she's safe. Maja's simple parmesan panna cotta fell to pieces upon being set free from its mould, whereas Depinder's curry and coriander rice feast was both epic and outstanding.

Sadly, one of the people sent to the elimination challenge, Brent decided he no longer had any passion for the contest, he was physically and emotionally exhausted so he dropped the bomb that he was withdrawing from the contest. Therefore, the second round did not happen last night. Nobody felt like cooking after that. He seemed like such a lovely and sensitive guy too. I'm assuming the second heat and next elimination round will be tonight's episode, so I am glad Depinder is safe (along with Justin, Linda, Kishwar, Pete and Minoli).

This leaves Aaron, Elise, Maja, Sabina and Scott possibly facing elimination tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Since Brent departed by his own choice last night, tonight's MasterChef challenge cancelled the second part of last night's challenge and instead saw a whole new challenge, with Tommy's previous immunity revoked. The 12 remaining contestants had to split into three groups of four to create a menu for home delivery through Deliveroo, which means there were actual paying customers as well as the judges passing judgement. Sadly, the Purple Team (Depinder, Maja, Pete and Tommy) failed to deliver a winning menu, including a curry which was too over-powered by green capsicum and not all of it cooked all the way through). It's sad to say, but Depinder was responsible for this dish and must take responsibility. This foursome must now compete in a Pressure Test tomorrow night with the least best dish seeing its creator eliminated. Here's hoping Depinder can redeem herself, win the night and stay safe! She's never been in the bottom before!

- - - Updated - - -

Tonight's MasterChef was a rollercoaster ride as the four contestants who were placed in tonight's Pressure Test had to recreate a very complicated Wellington dish, with Depinder and Maja relegated to the bottom two. I was very worried for Depinder (she's never been bottom before), but she came through and will return to duel in the kitchen for at least another night and hopefully more. Sadly, this meant Maja was the contestant who was eliminated as her dish had way too many flaws to be overlooked and saw her sent home.

In non-MasterChef news, I have an online chat this weekend with Belinda Carlisle, her husband Morgan Mason, their son James Duke Mason and the other Go-Go's (Charlotte Caffey, Jane Wiedlin, Kathy Valentine & Gina Schock) to celebrate PRIDE MONTH.

Tomorrow I am buying my Belinda Carlisle concert tickets!

On Monday I have a concert and chat with Gretchen Peters to celebrate the 25TH Anniversary of her debut album The Secret Of Life which featured beautiful songs like On A Bus To Saint Cloud and Independence Day.

- - - Updated - - -

Tonight's MasterChef saw the lovely and talented Depinder score with another mouthwatering and technically excellent dessert, made of raspberries, oranges, chilli, chocolate and pastry, she was one of four people who will be competing for a spot in tomorrow night's Immunity Challenge along with Pete, Justin and Tommy. Let's cheer for Depinder and hope she wins the night!

- - - Updated - - -

Tonight Depinder, Pete, Tommy and Justin must make a recipe using two-minute noodles as a base ingredient! May the best chef win tonight's Immunity Challenge. Let's hope it is Depinder who wins the assured coveted spot in the Top 10!

- - - Updated - - -

Lovely Depinder did brilliantly in the two-minute noodle challenge with her spicy chicken dish, winning a spot in round two with Justin, defeating Pete and Tommy. However, in the second round Depinder's sriracha ice cream with coriander granita dessert was not as successful as Justin's vanilla coke, potato chip and dark chocolate creation which is why he won the Immunity instead of her (too much strong garlic in the sriracha). I still have faith in the fair lady and am sure she will shine again on Sunday night and escape the elimination challenge unscathed.

For the record sriracha is a sauce made from chili peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt. An odd choice to make ice cream with, but I am Team Depinder all the way! I learn a lot on MasterChef!

In music news, tomorrow I will be celebrating Pride Month with The Go-Go's on Instagram and I have Gretchen Peters concert/chat on Monday morning.

- - - Updated - - -

I even made friends with Depinder and Brent on Instagram!

The last time I made a new friend through "reality TV" (which admittedly I don't really watch a lot of) was Jon Peter Lewis on American Idol in 2004, Jon even thanked me for my support on one of his albums (I have them all) in the liner notes.

Did you grab your Belinda ticket? That will be fun!

Are you watching Superman & Lois yet? I remember you prefer to watch the whole season at once but, doesn’t hurt to ask. It’s actually been really good. Black Lightning finally finished up. I’m sad it’s gone but, they were kinda phoning it in over the last few episodes.

I kept trying to figure out why I didn’t know anyone you talk about on Masterchef until I realized that there is a whole different show in Australia. Lol. Of course there is I’ll have to watch some on YouTube

Glad you are back!

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Did you grab your Belinda ticket? That will be fun!

Are you watching Superman & Lois yet? I remember you prefer to watch the whole season at once but, doesnít hurt to ask. Itís actually been really good. Black Lightning finally finished up. Iím sad itís gone but, they were kinda phoning it in over the last few episodes.

I kept trying to figure out why I didnít know anyone you talk about on Masterchef until I realized that there is a whole different show in Australia. Lol. Of course there is Iíll have to watch some on YouTube

Glad you are back!
    I haven't got the tickets yet, one of the kittens needed a vet appointment so I'll have to get the tickets for Belinda in a week or so. The venue have said there's plenty of tickets left so I won't be likely to miss out. I can't wait to see Belinda again!

I haven't seen Superman & Lois yet but I am looking forward to it. I love the Arrowverse!

I'm still waiting for the fourth season of Black Lightning to come to DVD.

Sorry about the MasterChef confusion, I forget that you guys in the US would have different shows than us Down Under. I am really hoping Depinder wins, she's so lovely and talented. Elimination challenges always make me nervous!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Sorry about the MasterChef confusion, I forget that you guys in the US would have different shows than us Down Under. I am really hoping Depinder wins, she's so lovely and talented. Elimination challenges always make me nervous!

No need to be sorry, I just kept trying to figure out what season it was. Lol. I want to see some of Depinder- sounds like an amazing chef and well, I love Indian food.

No need to be sorry, I just kept trying to figure out what season it was. Lol. I want to see some of Depinder- sounds like an amazing chef and well, I love Indian food.
    You should have seen Depinder's chocolate and raspberry choux pastry dish! That had me drooling!

Here's some more information about Depinder.

https://10play.com.au/masterchef/par.../pa210414tmaci

You should have seen Depinder's chocolate and raspberry choux pastry dish! That had me drooling!

Here's some more information about Depinder.

https://10play.com.au/masterchef/par.../pa210414tmaci
    Rad! Thanks!

Rad! Thanks!
    This is the recipe for Depinder's chocolate, chilli, raspberry, orange and pastry dish that absolutely gobsmacked the judges (in a good way).

https://10play.com.au/masterchef/rec...s/r210607ywzhp

This is Depinder's other chocolate and raspberry creation.

https://10play.com.au/masterchef/rec...x/r210527skjhe

This is the recipe for Depinder's chocolate, chilli, raspberry, orange and pastry dish that absolutely gobsmacked the judges (in a good way).

https://10play.com.au/masterchef/rec...s/r210607ywzhp

This is Depinder's other chocolate and raspberry creation.

https://10play.com.au/masterchef/rec...x/r210527skjhe
    Oh yummy! Chocolate and chili is a great combo. I doubt I can successfully make it but, Iím willing to try.

Oh yummy! Chocolate and chili is a great combo. I doubt I can successfully make it but, I’m willing to try.
    Thanks for being interested Glasstor, I'll keep posting updates and recipes for you. Tonight is another elimination night and I hope Depinder is safe!

- - - Updated - - -

Tonight was an epic round of MasterChef, the 11 remaining contestants (minus Justin who had won the latest Immunity Challenge) had 15 minutes to taste three dishes and write a list of what they believed the ingredients for those dishes might be. The five people who got the least amount of ingredients right would be sent to the second round to face possible elimination while the other five were safe.

Sadly, Depinder was one of the bottom five so she, Pete, Aaron, Minoli and Scott faced the Elimination Challenge. They had to create a dish using ONLY the ingredients found in the dishes they tasted in the first round. Depinder made a prawn and coriander curry with glutinous rice, but sadly she undercooked the rice although her curry was praised favourably. Aaron also made a prawn dish, but his seasoning was underdeveloped yet too extreme in flavour.

Aaron was eliminated, leaving Depinder safe. This is her second time in the bottom two which has me worried, Depinder is usually among the top contestants in this year's season, so I fear the stress might be getting to her. I am hoping she will rise to the occasion this week, be safe in next week's elimination and hopefully win!

Therefore, as of now, 2021's Top 10 contestants are:

Depinder
    Minoli
    Kishwar
    Elise
    Linda
    Sabina
    Pete
    Scott
    Justin
    Tommy

In non-MasterChef news, I have my next live concert and chat with musician Gretchen Peters in the morning!

I know this thread pretty much encompasses anything and everything that interests me at the moment, but I don't want to be accused of flooding the forums or hijacking threads and all the other hurtful accusations hurled at me by certain people, so I am confining as much as I can into this one thread.
    Last edited by Mikey; June 20, 2021 at 09:01am.

Master of New Adventures!
    Judging by the noticeable lack of negative posts lately, I think you've chosen a wise path.

"Everybody deserves a fresh start every once in a while."

Ben Siegel, BUGSY

Thanks for being interested Glasstor, I'll keep posting updates and recipes for you. Tonight is another elimination night and I hope Depinder is safe!

- - - Updated - - -

Tonight was an epic round of MasterChef, the 11 remaining contestants (minus Justin who had won the latest Immunity Challenge) had 15 minutes to taste three dishes and write a list of what they believed the ingredients for those dishes might be. The five people who got the least amount of ingredients right would be sent to the second round to face possible elimination while the other five were safe.

Sadly, Depinder was one of the bottom five so she, Pete, Aaron, Minoli and Scott faced the Elimination Challenge. They had to create a dish using ONLY the ingredients found in the dishes they tasted in the first round. Depinder made a prawn and coriander curry with glutinous rice, but sadly she undercooked the rice although her curry was praised favourably. Aaron also made a prawn dish, but his seasoning was underdeveloped yet too extreme in flavour.

Aaron was eliminated, leaving Depinder safe. This is her second time in the bottom two which has me worried, Depinder is usually among the top contestants in this year's season, so I fear the stress might be getting to her. I am hoping she will rise to the occasion this week, be safe in next week's elimination and hopefully win!

Therefore, as of now, 2021's Top 10 contestants are:

Depinder
    Minoli
    Kishwar
    Elise
    Linda
    Sabina
    Pete
    Scott
    Justin
    Tommy

In non-MasterChef news, I have my next live concert and chat with musician Gretchen Peters in the morning!

I know this thread pretty much encompasses anything and everything that interests me at the moment, but I don't want to be accused of flooding the forums or hijacking threads and all the other hurtful accusations hurled at me by certain people, so I am confining as much as I can into this one thread.

Tomorrow night on MasterChef, the Top 10 go on a field trip and get to cook in a licensed commercial restaurant (one that isn't in the MasterChef building).

The contestant with the best dish wins the Immunity Challenge, and I hope it's Depinder!

- - - Updated - - -

Last night's MasterChef restaurant challenge saw the Top 10 split into two teams for a Surf 'N Turf challenge. Depinder was on the Surf team with Elise, Pete, Scott and Sabina, but they had a few problems with their seafood dishes which cost them a chance in tonight's Immunity Challenge, while the Turf team (Kishwar, Tommy, Justin, Linda and Minoli) get to compete tonight with the two best dishes winning Immunity from next Sunday's elimination. I really hope Depinder can bounce back into the top of the class because I really want her to win.

- - - Updated - - -

To recap, tonight will see Kishwar, Linda, Tommy, Justin and Minoli competing for the first round of the Immunity Challenge. Tomorrow night, I'm guessing we will see lovely and talented Depinder, Pete, Scott, Sabina and Elise compete for the second round. I think it's the top two of each team (four contestants) will be safe from this week's elimination, leaving the other six to fight to stay in the contest.

- - - Updated - - -

Tonight Linda and Tommy wowed with their desserts and won the Immunity Challenge. Kishwar and Justin created dishes that looked visually stunning but lacked the taste factor of the other dishes. Minoli was lucky tonight wasn't an elimination because her raw pastry in her pineapple tarte tatin could have sent her home. Tomorrow night, the contestants (including lovely and talented Depinder) make dishes inspired by family in the next Immunity Challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on Depinder, show us tonight what a MasterChef you are! After this week, instead of a Top 10, there will be a Top 9! We want Depinder in that Top 9!

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly Depinder did not win a place in this week's Immunity Challenge, although she and several others performed equally well. Congratulations though to Sabina and Kishwar who will join Linda and Tommy in tomorrow night's Immunity Cook-Off. Poor Elise did not fare well tonight, her cannoli dish just refused to happen and if this were an elimination night, Elise would have gone home.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the heads up on the Heart in Motion 30th, Will be getting that 2CD set - just ordered.

For me that album was lightning in a bottle - its a wonderful pop album but I dont think anything before or since from her captured that magic. Its the only AG album I own. Got it for Xmas the year it came out.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the Heart in Motion 30th, Will be getting that 2CD set - just ordered.

For me that album was lightning in a bottle - its a wonderful pop album but I dont think anything before or since from her captured that magic. Its the only AG album I own. Got it for Xmas the year it came out.
    I have all of Amy Grant's albums (and music video/concert DVD's) as I am a major fan, I also got Heart In Motion the Christmas of 1991 along with Belinda Carlisle's Live Your Life Be Free. These two albums marked my transition from cassettes to CD's.

Other awesome albums from Amy include House Of Love, Unguarded and Lead Me On.

I also have Amy's book Mosaic...Pieces Of My Life So Far and a movie she made where she played a blind music teacher and cellist, the movie is called Song From The Heart.

How was the chat with Gretchen?