Thread: Longtime listener, first time caller

Longtime listener, first time caller

Don’t remember how I was introduced to the Masters of the Universe but I do remember my mom driving me around all weekend to many stores to complete that first wave in late 82 or early 83 (unsure of dates but I know I was in 3rd grade)
    Highlight was when I opened Battle Ram and shot the missle thing right into the side of my moms head while we were driving home, it was lodged between her face and glasses

I did chores regularly so I could earn a trip to Toys R Us to look for new stuff

Kept all my toys pretty much immaculate, would basically just place them and imagine the battle (however I did successfully rip the head off my friends Prince Adam on a dare)

When I was done playing with them I boxed them up and put them in the attic because I loved them way more than my Star Wars toys or Hot Wheels…. But I had moved on, but never forgot them

Until that fateful day when I was 18 (or 19) when I learned my mom either trashed them all or donated them
    Still hurts…..

Via garage sales in the 90’s I was able to reacquire enough pieces to be able to enjoy them…. Though very few were as nicely handled as mine
    Bought some from my comic book store to fill in holes
    Was too poor to collect packaged figures

When the 200X line came out I had two kids and not a ton of extra $$ but my son loved the line so we got a decent amount of those (which I still have)

The Classics line didn’t do it for me because I was fully invested in my cars and house

Origins does it for me…. I told myself I wouldn’t go crazy but the feeling of walking into a toy aisle (I sure miss Toys R Us) and seeing the MOTU section even if it’s just HeMan and Skeletor just takes me back to hunting with my mom….. though I couldn’t get her to drive me around like she did 40 years ago

Attaching pics of what I have here in my study…. The amount of random MOTU stuff I’ve acquired over the years is kinda dumb but the pieces all bring me joy
    Shoes is another weak point (skate shoes specifically) and these dunks are one of my top 5 favorite pairs (Skeletor) I don’t have the yellow laces in because I think they look better as a shoe this way

Hopefully the pics aren’t all sideways like I feel they will be

Have decided I need a display area so coming soon there will be shelves above my desk for proper displaying/posing of my fave pieces

- - - Updated - - -

Also forgot to mention my sister was big into She-Ra but for some reason I don't ever recall her having any figures
    Only Barbies

So needless to say I watched She-Ra as well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by volksnuts; June 20, 2021 at 10:34pm.

On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, volknuts!!

We're glad to have you join our site and we hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting and interacting on He-Man.org. And if you have any questions, you are welcome to send me a PM for more information.

If you want to buy and trade you may need to upgrade your account to have access to the Marketplace. Please click here and read the section entitled "What are the limitations for users with Gmail/AOL/Yahoo accounts?" for more information. For details on how the upgrading system works click here.

Hello!! Welcome to the community!! The Origins line is a lot of fun, it definitely hits all the right nostalgia buttons!! We have the best He-Fans and She-Ravers around and as always, we have great ongoing MOTU and POP discussions, so feel free to join in the conversation!!

Enjoy your time here and welcome!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Welcome! That's a mighty fine collection you've got. I love those shoes!

I hope to get a full family shot in the next few weeks…. Just have to get up into the attic and find the right boxes

I love the Evil Lyn yellow bust you have there.