Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield Warriors - BA He-Man and Battle Cat Two-Pack Discussion Thread

I'm not sure some of you understand how sets like this work...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 12/4/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I'm not sure some of you understand how sets like this work...

Please...do intrigue us.

Widget
    The artwork looks great as usual but overall this set just isn't doing it for me. Also, living in Canada means ebay is most likely going to be the only option.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Has the price for this set been revealed yet? I'd like to get it, but not if the price point is stupid. I would have got flocked Panthor, too, but not for a $15 upcharge.

Just out of curiosity, am I the only one that doesn't like the "vintage" heads in Origin?

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    Has the price for this set been revealed yet? I'd like to get it, but not if the price point is stupid. I would have got flocked Panthor, too, but not for a $15 upcharge.

Just out of curiosity, am I the only one that doesn't like the "vintage" heads in Origin?
    I imagine that this set won't be for you if you thought 15 more was too much for panthor.

Exclusive, new paint, new art, vac armor. Plus pain in the butt to find. I cant see this being cheaper than 50.

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    I imagine that this set won't be for you if you thought 15 more was too much for panthor.

Exclusive, new paint, new art, vac armor. Plus pain in the butt to find. I cant see this being cheaper than 50.
    I'm afraid you're going to be right. $50 would probably be the approximate cutoff for me.

Battle Cat is $25 on his own and a deluxe figure is $20 so best case scenario would be $45 for the set, but it does come with a bit more than just the figures so $50 seems more likely. Worst case scenario would have it closer to or over $60.

As for the heads no you're not the only one. I definitely prefer the new He-Man head.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 12/4/2021

Battle Cat is $25 on his own and a deluxe figure is $20 so best case scenario would be $45 for the set, but it does come with a bit more than just the figures so $50 seems more likely. Worst case scenario would have it closer to or over $60.

As for the heads no you're not the only one. I definitely prefer the new He-Man head.

Toysarama is charging about $58 for the Euro version, I think you're right, it'll be between 50-60 in the US.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
    - Groucho Marx

The First Avenger
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Oh great another EXCLUSIVE that NO one is going to be able to get....

Heroic Warrior
    +1 for the newer heads (except shocked He-Man). For me the vintage head only 'works' on the standard He-Man body so far, the rest work wherever.

any pics of the base connected to/sitting next to castle grayskull?

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    This would have been a great opportunity to:

• Give Battle Cat ankle articulation
    • Fix Battle Cat's wonky helmet
    • Don't paint Battle Cat's helmet's eyes
    • Give him orange stripes as God intended

I don't see the need for the bloody claw marks. But otherwise it's pretty neat!
    yeah lack of ankle articulation severely hurts this figure and make the other artic almost useless.

- - - Updated - - -

see, and I abhor the new head, so it is just a matter of taste but considering they are moving away from the origins head it seems more people like the classic head than the origins head. I would rather have the classic head. I held off buying any of the HM figures because of the new head.
    cogito ergo doleo

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Yeah but this Battle Cat has bloody "Battle-damage"!
    I do not care for it. I prefer the invulnerable Filmation He-Man whose skin cannot be pierced. Bleeding wounds is a level of violence I do not like to see in Masters of the Universe.

Well, just because the blood is on Battle Cat, it doesn't necessarily mean it's his!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I do not care for it. I prefer the invulnerable Filmation He-Man whose skin cannot be pierced. Bleeding wounds is a level of violence I do not like to see in Masters of the Universe.
    I love FILMation He-Man too but I also like his more realistic renditions as well, so I'm glad to see Mattel give fans options when it comes to toys. We've never had a battle-damage Battle Cat before, so I think it was a really cool idea!

Though my post was in response to someone who stated they wished the set didn't come with Origins Battle Cat because they already have it. I was just pointing out that it was a different Battle Cat.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Oh great another EXCLUSIVE that NO one is going to be able to get....
    Have you been to Target lately? Ive seen 6 Rise of Evil sets sitting there for days now. They will get to the stores, may just take time for supply to catch up to the demand.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

The First Avenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    Have you been to Target lately? Ive seen 6 Rise of Evil sets sitting there for days now. They will get to the stores, may just take time for supply to catch up to the demand.
    Yes I have and NONE of mine had these (8 Stores) maybe they will smarten up and actually sell them online...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Yes I have and NONE of mine had these (8 Stores) maybe they will smarten up and actually sell them online...
    I see Rise of Evil on target.com

Court Magician
    I LOVE it. Mattel should be targeting adults. Kids won't be any more or less inclined to buy it because of a little blood.

Honestly, I don't mind the violence per se. My problem is that it seems to open a can of worms. What did it take to cut He-Man? Can anybody just cut him with a sword? If so, I don't care if he can explode planets with a single punch; he's just one guy who can be stabbed to death by a random hooligan. That doesn't seem like "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe!". We see He-Man getting punched into mountains and leaving an impact crater and just getting right back up completely unfazed. You're telling me he can do that, no prob, but gets cut with a knife? Nonsense.

I'm totally fine with a Battle Damage [Anyone Else], although I'd never feel the need to buy a Motu figure just for that.

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, I don't mind the violence per se. My problem is that it seems to open a can of worms. What did it take to cut He-Man? Can anybody just cut him with a sword? If so, I don't care if he can explode planets with a single punch; he's just one guy who can be stabbed to death by a random hooligan. That doesn't seem like "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe!". We see He-Man getting punched into mountains and leaving an impact crater and just getting right back up completely unfazed. You're telling me he can do that, no prob, but gets cut with a knife?
    He-Man gets punched through a mountain, stands up unfazed at the end of the tunnel just created
    Bystander: How can this happen?!
    Phil LaMarr as He-Ro: That's a very good question.
    He-Man: ... almost lost my sword. picks it up, cuts self OW!
    Phil LaMarr as He-Ro: THAT JUST RAISES FURTHER QUESTIONS!

Court Magician
    Honestly, I don't mind the violence per se. My problem is that it seems to open a can of worms. What did it take to cut He-Man? Can anybody just cut him with a sword? If so, I don't care if he can explode planets with a single punch; he's just one guy who can be stabbed to death by a random hooligan. That doesn't seem like "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe!". We see He-Man getting punched into mountains and leaving an impact crater and just getting right back up completely unfazed. You're telling me he can do that, no prob, but gets cut with a knife? Nonsense.

I'm totally fine with a Battle Damage [Anyone Else], although I'd never feel the need to buy a Motu figure just for that.
    Who says it's He-man's blood??

Big fan of the vac metal which opens the door for them to use it again. I would like to know who decided to give him Justin Bieber hair though lol
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

There are a couple of these up on eBay so I guess they will be in stores soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Big fan of the vac metal which opens the door for them to use it again.
    Well Flying Fists He-Man is on Buzzsaw "Happy" Hordak's art work.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 12/4/2021

Another way it could make sense is that He-Man could be invulnerable to normal weapons, but not to weapons that have been enchanted for a special purpose. Similar to how Superman is invulnerable to almost everything but not magic. In a setting like Eternia, you'd have to be more specific than that. Just saying. MOTU is flexible enough, you can include or ignore whatever details you want to fit your own head-canon.