Thread: The Super Robot Wars games

The Super Robot Wars games

Yes it's another thread were I ramble about something. Any way as you may be able to tell by my avatar I really like giant robots and giant robot anime. So naturally a video game series calles Super Robot Wars.

What is it you might wonder what Super Robot Wars is, well it's a turn based strategy games that are a crossover of various mecha anime and I mean a lot of mecha anime, Getter Robo, Gaiking, Mazinger, Robotech/Macross, Evangelion, Voltron/Golion, Rayearth, Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, the various Gundam series and so many more have all been in these games at some point or another (in fact Gundam, Getter Robo and Mazinger are pretty much in every game). Even Godzilla turned up in the series once (although it was in a spin off mobile phone game rather than a main installment)

I was going to make a long boring post going into the finer details but this video explains it better than I ever could.

So yeah I love these game and I'm eagerly awaiting the full reveal of the 30th anniversary game next month.

Very interesting! But where is Golden Lightan, Gordian, and Rokushin Gattai.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    Very interesting! But where is Golden Lightan, Gordian, and Rokushin Gattai.
    Well two out of three kind of were.

Rokushin is actualy in the SRW Z series (bonus points for actually recreating it's limited animation).

While Gordian itself dosn't actually appear, a repaint of it from Machine Robo does.

No Golden Lightan though.

Ah I see. Pretty cool!

Golden Lightan was in Capcom vs Tatsunoko.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    Ah I see. Pretty cool!

Golden Lightan was in Capcom vs Tatsunoko.
    I was gonna say it might be a licensing issue, but then I realised few Tatsunoko works have appeared in SRW, more specificly Macross and Tekkaman Blade.

I know there is a particular licensing issue that prevented one series (Giant Robo) from appearing in any games outside of a couple in the late 90's.