Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Origins Figures - Running Changes?

Origins Figures - Running Changes?

Is there a master list of running changes to figures in the Origins line? Battle Armor He-Man seems to have a change in that one version has glossier metal on the armor and non-painted boot straps. Any others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure on that, SuperMario.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, Buzz Saw Hordak had heads with unpainted inner ears and beady red eyes. They changed it to a full red eye and grayed inner ears for both heads.

There is also a 1st release Clamp Champ that hit Canada with a lighter skin tone. There may be one for BA Skeletor, but unsure.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A few more for you:

-Skinnier sword handle on newer Sky Sled Releases

-Longer/skinnier sword handle on newer Rise of Evil releases

-Updated “prettier” eyes on She-ra

If I'm not mistaken Trapjaw's right arm was change from just a swivel to a swivel with hinge for more movement.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
    - Groucho Marx

Battle Armor He-Man - first release with painted boot wrap and dull gray armor. Second release, unpainted boot wrap, more metallic gray armor

He-Man getting vintage head on new releases (with updated packaging)

Quote Originally Posted by volksnuts View Post
    He-Man getting vintage head on new releases (with updated packaging)
    He'll also have the new full sword and there will be a corresponding Skeletor.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 9/30/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    He'll also have the new full sword and there will be a corresponding Skeletor.
    According to Toy Guru, he thinks the line may be dead. We will see how far out any of these skus are actually released.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    According to Toy Guru, he thinks the line may be dead. We will see how far out any of these skus are actually released.
    I caught some of what he said and I believe it was along the lines of it wasn't intended to go that far in the first place.

The line is in a tricky spot. Sure there's more of a demand as of "now" then what's on the shelf, but to what extent? These are not the types of items that will just sell and sell. You're already seeing that with the two main characters in He-Man/Skeletor.

Also, I'm pretty sure that they aren't exactly lighting it up on the secondary market after checking out a few despite the fact that you don't see them in stores. You've probably got a case to where half of the reason why you can't find them is because of people trying to gobble them up to sell. Once that fad dies off and no one is making anything you've got nothing, but a boat load of plastic clogging the shelves with more inbound from all the returns.

I just watched his video. He’s said that canceled orders are ending up at Mattel stores. I highly doubt you will find anything other than He-man, Skeletor, Battlecat, Sky sled and Panthor there. Those are plentiful everywhere but he neglected to specifically say which ones you can find there.

From what we all have seen is that anytime there has been a restock, it all sells out almost instantly. I just hope we get some new reveals soon to put his guess to bed

Also if anyone saw his video, there is a still of a loaded endcap. Where on earth is that?
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    I just watched his video. HeÂ’s said that canceled orders are ending up at Mattel stores. I highly doubt you will find anything other than He-man, Skeletor, Battlecat, Sky sled and Panthor there. Those are plentiful everywhere but he neglected to specifically say which ones you can find there.

From what we all have seen is that anytime there has been a restock, it all sells out almost instantly. I just hope we get some new reveals soon to put his guess to bed

Also if anyone saw his video, there is a still of a loaded endcap. Where on earth is that?
    Items can still get canceled and not end up on the shelves though even though it seems like it would make sense "to" put them on the shelves.

One somewhat recent line that comes to mind is the Mattel WWE little retro figures. The last two waves in particular were HELL to find with those things because the line ended up getting canceled. There was still a demand and it seemed like it would of most certainly made sense to make/release more, but it just didn't happen.

For whatever reason they came and went, stores didn't want them anymore and some were even briefly spotted at 5 & below. Then POOF....that was the end of them.

Now they're coming back again in some capacity, but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    I assumed that photo was from the actual Mattel store. He was mentioning the store at the very moment that still was shown.
    Last edited by depp76; June 27, 2021 at 10:33pm.

For anybody who is curious here is what Toy Guru had to say https://youtu.be/lvgOFHDL5t8
    Origins I don't fans will need to be concerned till Mattel starts pushing toys from that other Netflix He-Man

Yeah, I wouldn't put much stock into what he says.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    I caught some of what he said and I believe it was along the lines of it wasn't intended to go that far in the first place.
    Exactly, I still feel origins wasn't intended to go as long as it is or will.

Even classics didn't start out as the 10 year long it ended up being. It was going to be 8 figures and that is it, but sales were there and it kept on chugging along.

I still feel origins was a temp line to get people interested and nostalgic for the brand again until an actual movie line could make its way onto shelves. But then the movie plans were scrapped, yet again, putting all those plans on the back burner so they ramped up origins a bit more since they saw sales potential there.
    cogito ergo doleo

Any chance we can get this back on topic?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    Any chance we can get this back on topic?

Please...there's already a thread for "Speculative" Creative's nonsense...

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't scroll but there are three Sky Sleds...

Adam with v1 (wide grip) sword
    Adam with v2 (short narrow grip) Sword
    Adam with v3 (long narrow grip) sword

I wish the grips on the sky sleds themselves were thinned out like the Land Shark.

Last edited by Jun-Yor; July 8, 2021 at 12:55am. Reason: Grammar police

In the most recent Keldor figures, the handle on the sword has been lengthened. Unfortunately paint apps seem to be sloppier on the newest versions too.
    Last edited by Lich Leech; July 9, 2021 at 02:24pm.

Does anyone have pictures showing the differences between the new and older versions of She-Ra?
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube (GIVEAWAY in Progress!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Does anyone have pictures showing the differences between the new and older versions of She-Ra?
    This is the variant

Here's a look at He-man and Skeletor's running changes
    He-man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGjyy-Ezqko
    Skeletor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woMQ2hULG-M
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

I don't recall seeing this discussed in this thread. It looks like I received the updated mold/tooling for females on the knee joint on Evil-Lyn. I'm indifferent on the change... what are your thoughts?
    DSC00181.jpg
    DSC00182.jpg
    DSC00183.jpg

So much better!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Another change I noticed. Man-E-Faces has had 2 slightly different piping colors.