Thread: The Greatest Hiding Place

Heroic Warrior

The Greatest Hiding Place

Teela awoke from her slumber, the bright crisp morning light penetrating the glass windows of her chambers. Steadily, she rose, catching an yawn with an open hand and combing through her long soft red hair to scratch the back of her neck as she felt an itch that did little to quell the levels of spine-tingling excitement running volts down her arms and legs.

It was a momentous day, the day she would be rewarded for years of devoted duty, to bestowed the honour of a man-at-arms to the royal guard.

She looked at her uniform, draped over the edge of the chair, before turning to the door leading to the castle balconies, where she would make contact with the clearest of skies and absorb the song of a thousand tiny birds.

She would take in the fragrances of the palace gardens, and look down at the gardeners, all having risen to greet the day and to tend the green.

Her eye glanced over to a tower to the left of her, her impeccably sharp eyesight catching sight of a boy she knew tossing and turning in his sleep.

Without hesitation, a notion sprang to her, one born from nostalgia, of want and of need. Without stopping to change, she threw on a blue evening gown to match the velvet nightdress she had gone to bed in, left her chambers and ran past several guards across the palace halls and up a couple of flights of stairs enroute to the quarters of Prince Adam, her best friend.

She chapped on the door of the chambers, there was no response,

"Hi Teela, ready for the big day?" Orko, the court magician and jester, said as he hovered over Teela.

"I will be after a little playtime" Teela said, using a hair pin to pick the lock of the chamber and forcing her way inside.

Sure enough, Adam was spread out on the bed, his faithful emerald striped tiger Cringer beside him. Teela throw off the bed sheets and pinched Adam's nose to get him to wake up

Adam grabbed Teela by the wrist and tossed her over the bed to the floor, he pinned her down

"Morning" she said, gently smiling. Adam relented

"Sorry about that Teela, guess I'm too used to intruders trying to get the drop on me and hold me to ransom, being the son of the king and all" said Adam

"At least you were prepared this time, just like I taught you. Looking forward to the different techniques you'll rely on as the morning goes by"

"What do you mean?" Adam asked, confused.

"I was thinking-the ceremony's not for another few hours, I figured we could spend that time playing our game"

"Our game?" Adam asked, curious but somewhat suspecting what this was leading to.

"You know the one" Teela said, getting up and raising an eyebrow.

It dawned on Adam what she meant.

"Teela, we haven't played something like that since the last birthday before your training began" he replied.

"What sort of game is this Adam?" Orko inquired.

"It's something my mother taught us both to play when we were little, one of would count to ten while the other would go hide, and the person counting would then have to scour the palace looking everywhere for that person. Then, when they were found, it'd be that other person's turn"

"I got a little bored of it normally worked, so I suggested we tweak the rules a little, whoever caught the person would have to wrestle the other and drag them back to 'base', where the counting had started" Teela added.

"She suggested playing it a couple of more times when we were older too, but with Skeletor and his cronies up to no good, let's just say I got very good at hiding whenever it wasn't convenient for the both of us" Adam said, winking knowingly to Orko.

"This is why I was determined to catch you early, at the dawn of the day, there might never be a time when I could get to feel this young, this free again, not with my responsibilities to Eternia increasing. What do you say Adam, you up for a fun time?"

"Better to be up for a fun time, than be hidden away when the bad ones comes calling" Adam replied.

Teela nudged him on the elbow playfully.

"You're up first, I'll give you a thirty count start, but just remember Adam, I know every corner of this palace as much as you do, so there's little chance of hiding from me"

Adam wondered just how true this would be if worse came to worst, if she were to ever learn his secret, kept only to himself and four others, Orko included.

Would she able to handle that revelation?

Why was he so insistent on not having her find out?

Adam tuned to go, but before he did, he gave Teela a parting glance with an infectious smile, letting her know before saying a word how much he appreciated her.

"Teela, congratulation, Eternia owes you more than you realise, I'm proud of you"

"I love you too, now get a move on" Teela said, and began counting.

Adam darted out of the chambers and found a secluded area of the palace, it was well known to Teela, but he wasn't to linger long there as Adam.

He unsheathed his mighty sword, with it he could summon forth the key to victory

The greatest hiding place.

"BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL"

Well done. And it's nice to see fans writing fanfic again.
    Formerly known as Granamyr on the Forum.

Author of Helen's Daughter, Knossos, Danae, and The Orestes Trilogy.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura Gill View Post
    Well done. And it's nice to see fans writing fanfic again.
    Thankyou kindly, that was my first attempt at writing anything MOTU related despite being a fan since I was little.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Thankyou kindly, that was my first attempt at writing anything MOTU related despite being a fan since I was little.
    Well, you should continue. You did a good job.
    Formerly known as Granamyr on the Forum.

Author of Helen's Daughter, Knossos, Danae, and The Orestes Trilogy.