View Poll Results: Should Masters of the WWE Universe be included on the main site as another MotU line?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, MotWWE should absolutely be included!

17 73.91%
  • No, I don't think it fits with the goals of this site.

4 17.39%
  • I don't care either way.

2 8.70%

Thread: Does Masters of the WWE Universe deserve to be included in "Collecting"?

Does Masters of the WWE Universe deserve to be included in "Collecting"?

With part-swapping capabilities between MotU Origins and MotWWE, I've been grabbing various figures for customizing. This is the best chance of getting all of my childhood toys/heroes together in a uniform body style due to the prevalence/ability to kitbash so easily. Because MotWWE is so heavily influenced by the original MotU line, I'm curious if they should be given their own section in the collecting area. There's a goofy serialized story going on and, because I was late to the line AND finding figures is so difficult, I don't have the full story. I was hoping to see it captured in the collections area, here, so I could easily view all the toys and read the comics, as I can do with the original line, but I am not seeing them featured.

Should this line be included, or no, since it's an offshoot and isn't in the same part of the multi-verse?
    Like customizing classic figs? Want to play the part of Mattel and design figures from existing fodder but you lack supplies? Bored?! Then try out the Classic Character Creation Compiler today!

Heroic Warrior Horde Cadet Kyle's Avatar
    Sgt. Slaughter crosses over three toylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Horde Cadet Kyle View Post
    Sgt. Slaughter crosses over three toylines.
    More than that if you take into account the close connection GI Joe has to Transformers, Mask and Jem, maybe more.

This figure rips the multiverse a new one then aggressively puts himself in that hole.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021

Court Magician
    I don't see why not. I picture a story in which Skeletor and Hordak pick up transmissions from Earth showing these colorful warriors using moves they've never seen before, so they kidnap them to turn them into soldiers. A few are corrupted by the magical weapons provided while others escape to join the Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by Videofox View Post
    I don't see why not. I picture a story in which Skeletor and Hordak pick up transmissions from Earth showing these colorful warriors using moves they've never seen before, so they kidnap them to turn them into soldiers. A few are corrupted by the magical weapons provided while others escape to join the Masters.
    I love that idea except for the wrestlers that are dead that have shown up in the line.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I love that idea except for the wrestlers that are dead that have shown up in the line.

I thought about that. If the villains cherry-pick their favorites, who's to say they can't be plucked through time as well as space?

I think it should be. After all, the toys themselves, the packaging, and the included minicomics include homages, in-jokes and easter eggs to both pro wrestling and to MOTU.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, especially since it is product from Mattel.

I certainly wouldn't mind it, and a strong case could certainly be made for it.

I mean, not only is it from Mattel, specifically designed to homage and fit in with MOTU, and full of parts-sharing with the "real" MOTU line, but they even make explicit references to Snake Mountain and Grayskull with some of their products in the line.

It's barely even a "knock-off" or "offshoot" line since it uses so many authentic MOTU parts. By this point they're essentially just new MOTU characters with slightly different packaging, more than anything.

I mean, c'mon... "WWEternia"? It's a MOTU line. "Parallel Dimension" or whatever... it's still MOTU.

I can see how some might make a case otherwise based on semantics but I think there's way more reasons For than Against. I mean it still literally says "Masters of the... Universe" right there in the title. Kinda hard to ignore that!

Y'know, come to think of it... wouldn't it be great if Mattel somehow managed to license even more properties to put out "Origins"-style figures of? I know they can't, but some of the stuff would be incredible, if only. "Masters of the Thundercats Universe"... You know we would've gotten "Masters of the DC Universe", if only they still had that license... and so on.

Darn it. I know there's more chance of seeing a leprechaun making love to a unicorn than ever seeing those things happen, but those would've been some awesome toys. Sigh.
    Last edited by Rikki Roxx; July 16, 2021 at 05:08am.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    This figure rips the multiverse a new one then aggressively puts himself in that hole.
    This made me almost pee my pants

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post

Y'know, come to think of it... wouldn't it be great if Mattel somehow managed to license even more properties to put out "Origins"-style figures of? I know they can't, but some of the stuff would be incredible, if only. "Masters of the Thundercats Universe"... You know we would've gotten "Masters of the DC Universe", if only they still had that license... and so on
    I like this idea. I’ve been toying with trying to figure out how to make a set of “Masters of the Star Wars Universe” inspired by those first overly muscular Power of the Force figures we affectionately called He-Man Luke and so on... I just really need the right sized heads. Somebody has probably already done this but...

I've been enjoying seeing how the characters would be fitted into the universe......be interesting to see if any kind of masters of the wwe universe bible was created.......plenty of scope for a comic series!
    Hoping for figures of: King Hsss slave girl, Major Header, Hans Hammerholder, Bubblor, Lady slither, Redeye, grr, Kayla, Gorgonne and the myp giants.

"everything will probably not be all right, but we have to try." V. Putin
    " sometimes it is necessary to be lonely in order to prove that you are right." V. Putin

Quote Originally Posted by clashfromjem View Post
    I've been enjoying seeing how the characters would be fitted into the universe......be interesting to see if any kind of masters of the wwe universe bible was created.......plenty of scope for a comic series!
    I would not say no to a comic mini series or a straight to home release movie.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021