Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: MOTU Revelation Positivity Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    If this is the wrong place to post, apologies.
    Mods do your thing.

I just find it funny how those that are coming after this shows soo vehemently are giving another 80's childhood classic a more free-er pass than MotU.
    If anything, Snake Eyes is way less faithful to that franchise than what they say about Revelation.
    Be consistent.
    Period.
    GiJoe fans r just happy to get a reboot after their last series failed horribly. As for us He-Man fans I am definitely shocked. One would think we have been deprived so long we would like anything. But I guess not.

Me personally. I felt like this was an amazing adaptation of the show. I actually feel bad for all the Heat Kevin smith is taking.

I been on this site for about 5 years now and I donít think many of us have blasted the show. Wonder who the hel these people r. What more can we ask for!

Yeah, it's pretty telling when every single "review" video that shows up in the recommended spots aren't even reviews of the show, but just more Kevin Smith smearing...

I mean, 99% of them have Kevin's face on the thumbnail... pathetic, click bait... ugh.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Co-Creator of the NV
    I'd like it if they focused more on Skeletor in the next half - specifically a bit on his background. I've always been partial to the Keldor origin, which would be interesting to explore given that he just skewered his nephew. They could just as easily go with the Infinitia origin which is also interesting.

With Adam lying to Teela and his father about his identity, Marlena not telling Randor the truth, no one telling Teela that her mom is the Sorceress, and Skeletor shish kebabing his nephew, I think that an Eternia centric episode of Jerry Springer should be the next MOTU show

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    "The sea never forgets.... and neither do I."
    I wonder if this was a nod to Lena Headey's Game of Thrones tenure... "The North remembers..." (I know it's a Stark line, but it's what struck me as soon as Merman said it lol)
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

Court Magician
    I think there are certainly some flaws in the show, but I'm still very much interested what they have in store for the back half. Only then I will judge what to finally think. I mean, it could be cool all the way through and then be soured by a bad ending or it could end up being really good, you never know. So far I'm enjoying the side characters a ton, I'm moderately curious what they will do with Teela and I look forward to seeing more of Adam.

Lena/Evil-Lyn is definitely the stand out of the show so far, she's amazing.

Remember this is a POSITIVITY thread, not a take swipes at other people thread. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by justwannalook View Post
    In the second half of the season, we'll find out that he, after becoming disillusioned with it all, took Marlena's old ship and flew to Earth where he has a lucrative career as a mascot for a fast food chain.
    ok, that made me snort laugh.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Me Too!!

"We're going on a quest! Who'd like to join?"

I honestly think that this...

is a near-perfect update to the classic Filmation character design.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach5 View Post
    I honestly think that this...

https://i.imgur.com/04H89jb.jpg

is a near-perfect update to the classic Filmation character design.
    i think it's a nice mix of Filmation and MYP.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Right, I've processed Part 1 after a very eventful week in MOTU world. Honestly I expected negativity but the sheer level of venom has been a lot to take in, I guess some things can still surprise you.

Anyway, POSITIVES

I loved the series overall, a few quibbles but honestly overall very good IMO.

1. Vintage toy and Filmation-esque designs look glorious! So vivid and nicely updated in some cases.
    2. Nice blend between classic and 200X which brings a new look to the show.
    3. Evil-Lyn - both designs and Lena Heady's portrayal, she's such an awesome character!
    4. He-Man and Adam - Both developed further than before and dare I say it, more likeable?
    5. Skeletor - evil, funny and dangerous!
    6. Teela - Overall very good, the new look didn't bother me in the slightest as the series moved on.
    7. Cringer - I love this version of Cringer who is both scared and wise and so lovely.
    8. Orko - God poor Orko, seriously, best character development in ages, I really hope he comes back.
    9. MAA - Love his new look and portrayal - yes he's very flawed but also wise and the father figure of the gang.
    10. Animation - so rich and colourful.
    11. The new alliance - I love that Evil-lyn and Beast Man teamed up with Teela's gang, such a cool dynamic.
    12. Whiplash - new and old design - figures please Mattel!
    13. 1987 Movie nods - "Let this be our final battle", "I Skeletor, am Master...", Sorceress turning into a prune again
    14. Night Stalker and Faker - some good uses there.
    15. Character development of Teela and Adam - I really hope they become a couple at the end of the series.
    15. Skelcons!
    16. He-Ro - I was grinning from ear to ear when he arrived on screen. Was never a massive fan, but it was so good to see him animated finally!
    17. Vikor, Wundar, Koduc - All awesome, Even King Grayskull (not a fan of the race swapping) but still a good character in this series.
    18. Family and Friends message in this series, being close and getting through things together, despite the negative opposite it has caused (secrets and lies)
    19. Eternia Playset and that it looks like a theme park in the distance
    20. Soundtrack - awesome music, maybe it should be a bit more rockier and metal in part 2?
    21. One-eye Mer-Man, loved how he looked, I know its different, but I didn't mind his new voice minus the gurgling.
    22. Blast-Attak, Clamp Champ first time on screen.
    23. Scare Glow was a badass, I hope we see him again.
    24. Real stakes, death and violence - thankfully it was not overdone i.e. gore
    25. Glove of Globolah - This made me spit my coffee out - this was from the UK comics!!
    26. Bionotops and the dinos in Preternia
    27. He-Man transformation - Love it! Battle Cat not so much, could be better.
    Last edited by Orko's Magic Hat; July 31, 2021 at 10:12am.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Court Magician
    I want a trailer for part 2, dammit. I hate having to wait.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I'd like to know more about how merman lost his eye

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Right, I've processed Part 1 after a very eventful week in MOTU world. Honestly I expected negativity but the sheer level of venom has been a lot to take in, I guess some things can still surprise you.

Anyway, POSITIVES

1. Vintage toy and Filmation-esque designs look glorious! So vivid and nicely updated in some cases.
    3. Evil-Lyn - both designs and Lena Heady's portrayal, she's such an awesome character!
    4. He-Man and Adam - Both developed further than before and dare I say it, more likeable?
    6. Teela - Overall very good, the new look didn't bother me in the slightest as the series moved on.
    7. Cringer - I love this version of Cringer who is both scared and wise and so lovely.
    8. Orko - God poor Orko, seriously, best character development in ages, I really hope he comes back.
    9. MAA - Love his new look and portrayal - yes he's very flawed but also wise and the father figure of the gang.
    11. The new alliance - I love that Evil-lyn and Beast Man teamed up with Teela's gang, such a cool dynamic.
    13. 1987 Movie nods - "Let this be our final battle", "I Skeletor, am Master...", Sorceress turning into a prune again
    15. Character development of Teela and Adam - I really hope they become a couple at the end of the series.
    15. Skelcons!
    16. He-Ro - I was grinning from ear to ear when he arrived on screen. Was never a massive fan, but it was so good to see him animated finally!
    17. Vikor, Wundar, Koduc - All awesome, Even King Grayskull (not a fan of the race swapping) but still a good character in this series.
    18. Family and Friends message in this series, being close and getting through things together, despite the negative opposite it has caused (secrets and lies)
    20. Soundtrack - awesome music, maybe it should be a bit more rockier and metal in part 2?
    21. One-eye Mer-Man, loved how he looked, I know its different, but I didn't mind his new voice minus the gurgling.
    25. Glove of Globolah - This made me spit my coffee out - this was from the UK comics!!
    Nice bullets!

I think that so much heart went into this series that a lot of people didn't take time to realize...

I just love how Skeletor keeps getting the wind knocked out of him! I laugh out loud every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post

Anyway, POSITIVES

15. Skelcons!
    Agreed on all these points! Thank you for listing them. It seems like the older orgers are enjoying Revelation more than the newer ones.

Here’s a big point: I’ve never been a big Orko fan before. In fact, I thought he was annoying in the 80s and only less annoying in the MYP show. But Orko is my favorite character in Revelations. I absolutely love every second of Orko on screen. That should tell you something about this show: it is DRIPPING with heart. I love this show.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Agreed on all these points! Thank you for listing them. It seems like the older orgers are enjoying Revelation more than the newer ones.

Here’s a big point: I’ve never been a big Orko fan before. In fact, I thought he was annoying in the 80s and only less annoying in the MYP show. But Orko is my favorite character in Revelations. I absolutely love every second of Orko on screen. That should tell you something about this show: it is DRIPPING with heart. I love this show.
    Feel a little guilty that I also found Orko too goofy in the Filmation show… though I know they meant well. He had heart. He was basically the kid in the show.

But in Revelation- man I loved him so much! The voice was very fitting, his storyline- he was fantastic! He was helpful in fights. He grew. And loved especially the interactions with Evil Lyn XD

Orko, Roboto, Teela,… they were my favorites.
    Though Evil Lyn, He-Man / Adam and Man-At-Arms (the old one ;-) ) had great character development, too.

I just started re-watching, and honestly that first episode- is *incredible!*
    The most high-octane moving-picture version of MOTU ever!!

Every later iteration of MOTU (the movie, NA, 200x) has stuff not *everybody* loves.
    But all these versions become part of the tapestry of MOTU lore, and make the whole franchise richer (and keep it alive).

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I think there's two reasons for that.

1. We're more used to having multiple interpretations of MOTU and are able to take that which we enjoyed and ignore that which we didn't. I did it for the film, New Adventures, multiple rounds of comics, and MYP. I can do it for this one, and have a good time.

2. REvelation was closest in spirit to Filmation, which was our baby. Most of the younger folks here grew up with MYP, which ... while there are certainly shout outs and references in Revelation, MYP was pretty far away compared to Filmation in the spirit and tone. Good for me, bad for people who wanted more of that kind of Eternia.

Quote Originally Posted by 80slady View Post
    1. We're more used to having multiple interpretations of MOTU and are able to take that which we enjoyed and ignore that which we didn't. I did it for the film, New Adventures, multiple rounds of comics, and MYP. I can do it for this one, and have a good time.
    This is definitely a factor in my personal experience and enjoyment of every iteration of MOTU.

When I was 2 or 3 or whatever, on a daily basis I was absorbing stuff from the mini-comics, the Golden books, and the cartoons all at once. Lots and lots of differences great and small. Didn't care, shrugged it off. Some things fit from one version to the next if you squint, some things were very blatantly contradictory. But I can't say it actively bothered me, then or now.

There's definitely some stuff in Revelation I don't care for, but in my head I'm still just discarding the stuff I didn't like and focusing on the stuff I did, just like when I was a kid. This brand kind of "trained" me to do that from Day One.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Nice bullets!

I think that so much heart went into this series that a lot of people didn't take time to realize...
    I wholeheartedly agree.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I'd like to know more about how merman lost his eye
    There seems to be a theme with eyes. Mer-Man, Trap Jaw, and Whiplash all lost an eye. There are numerous close-ups of people's eyes (Teela, Tri-Klops). Then there was that crazy scene with that random villager who joined the techno cult who became a cyborg who's eye wrapped around Teela's neck to strangle her...

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    There seems to be a theme with eyes. Mer-Man, Trap Jaw, and Whiplash all lost an eye. There are numerous close-ups of people's eyes (Teela, Tri-Klops). Then there was that crazy scene with that random villager who joined the techno cult who became a cyborg who's eye wrapped around Teela's neck to strangle her...
    Also, one of the villagers in that scuffle with Duncan was missing an eye too...

I love how they played Duncan as "old Batman." I think that's essentially perfect.

Awhile back, maybe 8 years ago, I worked a summer program for kids. Our school's budget was pretty crummy, and we didn't have as many field trips or events planned, so there was plenty of "down time." Taking inspiration from Top Trumps games, I and a few kids who knew the properties designed our own massive versions for both MOTU and TMNT. When we got MAA's stats together, I was explaining him to a couple of kids who were doing art for the card's backs (just the He-Man iron cross). One girl, now our family friend Tori, came to the realization and blurted out, "So he's basically Batman, right?" it stuck with me ever since.

Tori always made sure she dealt that card to herself, and often won. "The Most Dangerous Man in Eternia" indeed.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube (GIVEAWAY in Progress!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I love how they played Duncan as "old Batman." I think that's essentially perfect.

Awhile back, maybe 8 years ago, I worked a summer program for kids. Our school's budget was pretty crummy, and we didn't have as many field trips or events planned, so there was plenty of "down time." Taking inspiration from Top Trumps games, I and a few kids who knew the properties designed our own massive versions for both MOTU and TMNT. When we got MAA's stats together, I was explaining him to a couple of kids who were doing art for the card's backs (just the He-Man iron cross). One girl, now our family friend Tori, came to the realization and blurted out, "So he's basically Batman, right?" it stuck with me ever since.

Tori always made sure she dealt that card to herself, and often won. "The Most Dangerous Man in Eternia" indeed.
    How fun!!

What an awesome idea!

watched it a second time, and I really do enjoy the series. There are so many incredible moments (all scare glow, Mer-Man invasion, all the He-Men on the viking hunt, BIONATOPS) and it feels so cohesive. I don't know that I agree this is direct filmation as very specific elements of that are missing here, but this as a vague timeline of kids mixing filmation, mini comics and head canon together works well enough. The show is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    This is definitely a factor in my personal experience and enjoyment of every iteration of MOTU.

When I was 2 or 3 or whatever, on a daily basis I was absorbing stuff from the mini-comics, the Golden books, and the cartoons all at once. Lots and lots of differences great and small. Didn't care, shrugged it off. Some things fit from one version to the next if you squint, some things were very blatantly contradictory. But I can't say it actively bothered me, then or now.
    Ö
    Wow you started early
    Totally agree with this, too.
    Itís kind of remarkable with Masters- it was always that way. Always different takes. And as kids we managed to enjoy it, and were able to tell it apart as well as mixing it together to our own, personal head canon.

I think when playing with the toys back then, I used elements of various canons. The figures were what brought it together- and my own imagination.