Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: MOTU Revelation Positivity Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Yes! And we need to see more Motherboard too!!!

-----
    A possibility we probably should be prepared for perhaps:

Could ”Masters of the Universe: Revelation” continue without Kevin Smith?
    https://foreternia.com/2022/01/could...ut-kevin-smith
    It would be a shame if Kevin didn't return for a second season...

I like that Mattel and Netflix are seriously considering it, but to have all that enthusiasm walk away because of all the non-fans would be sad.

It would probably create a disruption in the writing staff as well because so many of the writers are good friends with Smith.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Widget
    Yes! And we need to see more Motherboard too!!!

-----
    A possibility we probably should be prepared for perhaps:

Could ”Masters of the Universe: Revelation” continue without Kevin Smith?
    https://foreternia.com/2022/01/could...ut-kevin-smith
    Seems like a stretch, tbh. Smith is just being tight-lipped right now because nothing can be said for certain in public (hopefully YET... I am dying for a second season). I hope he's given or has already been given the green light to release a second season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    It would be a shame if Kevin didn't return for a second season...

I like that Mattel and Netflix are seriously considering it, but to have all that enthusiasm walk away because of all the non-fans would be sad.

It would probably create a disruption in the writing staff as well because so many of the writers are good friends with Smith.
    I think if Kevin walks away he will give his writer friends his blessing to continue, but yeah, it would certainly be a loss. His energy would be missed!

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Audelay View Post
    Seems like a stretch, tbh. Smith is just being tight-lipped right now because nothing can be said for certain in public (hopefully YET... I am dying for a second season). I hope he's given or has already been given the green light to release a second season.
    I don't know. I'd like you to believe, as you do, that it's a strech, but we do see shows change showrunners all the time.

Fingers crossed that Kevin and the series both return!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    I think if Kevin walks away he will give his writer friends his blessing to continue, but yeah, it would certainly be a loss. His energy would be missed!
    Yes! That great energy and enthusiasm of his is intoxicating, and would be sorely missed!
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast
    Masters of the Universe Podcast

ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

Kevin Smith's name may have helped gotten a few writers and voice actors on board, but I feel like the show could go on without him. I've always felt it was a bit more Rob David's baby and Ted Biaselli will still be around.

Hmm, that's tough. On one hand, his name carries so much baggage - mostly negative - with people online that going on without him just might be the only way it can even happen.

At the same time, without his "nerd cred" behind it, as well as all of his celebrity connections so that he could call in a few favors and put together such a star-studded cast, if he hadn't been involved then the entire show probably would not have happened. It definitely wouldn't have so many big names involved, or have made so many headlines. If it was "Joe Smith's new He-Man cartoon" rather than "Kevin Smith's new He-Man cartoon", you can go ahead and throw away about 90% of the media coverage the show got, good or bad. It would've been a tree falling in the woods for all anyone outside of this forum knew or cared. So for that much, at least, his involvement was a great thing.

I don't know. I'd like to see him come back - this show is probably objectively the best thing he ever had any involvement in making, and I say that as mostly a fan of his work (some of his stuff is admittedly godawful though, especially the last several years' worth) - but first of all, he seems completely defeated by the bad buzz, and I honestly don't think his heart is in it, and that wouldn't be a good outcome for anyone if true. Like even if he felt obligated to do it for the people who did like the show... part of him would inevitably be going through the motions, and that has a way of making the final product feel rather hollow. Compare The Dark Knight Rises to Nolan's previous two Batman films; on the third, they were under the gun to hit a studio-mandated release date, everything was rushed and slapdash, and Nolan and Bale didn't even want to really do it anymore, they stuck it out for the sake of obligation but it was very much just a paycheck to them by that point. And it all shows in the final product. "Just do more to do more!" does not always get a great result if the people making the thing want to pack it up and go home. And if Kevin DOES want to pack it in, I can't blame him one bit after the needless whipping he's been taking all year.

Meanwhile though, if someone else takes the reigns there's a good chance that the new season will feel disconnected from the first in some way, and that wouldn't be great either.

I don't know. I personally want another season and I want him involved. I'm just not sure that's possible or even best.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

I for one would welcome Kevin back with open arms. While his first outing with MOTU wasn't perfect ,I'm sure by the end of season 2 he could have it down. I still feel it's the best thing we got out of Masters of the universe to date. Hands down. Thank you Kevin Smith.

BUT I wouldn't blame him if he walked away not one bit....

Kevin Smith If you are reading anything on these pages at all... Thank you! As a huge Masters of the Universe Fan... Revelation exceed my expectations. I Love the creative direction. You where bold, broke eggs & made one hell of a MOTU Omelet.. I Love Masters of the Universe Classics ,FILMATION, MYP, Comics old & new, even the Ideas of the New Adventures. Revelation made me feel like it was 1 part Toy box, 1 part FILMATION, 1 part Story Books ,1 part comic books & mini comics combined with a air of modern attitude.
    I Love both of the Netflix He-man shows & I want to see so much more of both... the Cliff hanger in Revelation has me & my future wife looking forward to what happens next.. we need more He-man stories!

You have a grown @$$ woman, Love ❤️ watching He-man... Job well done! MATTEL, NETFLIX, SMITH
    WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MORE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE REVELATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by he-ron View Post
    Kevin Smith If you are reading anything on these pages at all... Thank you! As a huge Masters of the Universe Fan... Revelation exceed my expectations. I Love the creative direction. You where bold, broke eggs & made one hell of a MOTU Omelet.. I Love Masters of the Universe Classics ,FILMATION, MYP, Comics old & new, even the Ideas of the New Adventures. Revelation made me feel like it was 1 part Toy box, 1 part FILMATION, 1 part Story Books ,1 part comic books & mini comics combined with a air of modern attitude.
    I Love both of the Netflix He-man shows & I want to see so much more of both... the Cliff hanger in Revelation has me & my future wife looking forward to what happens next.. we need more He-man stories!

You have a grown @$$ woman, Love ❤️ watching He-man... Job well done! MATTEL, NETFLIX, SMITH
    WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MORE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE REVELATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I absolutely agree with you here!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

AGREED!

And I love your enthusiasm!
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

I agree that Smith sounds a bit defeated, but we don’t really know what’s going on inside the man.

On the other hand, I do think that with Rob David and Ted Biaselli still involved, and so many building blocks established, they could go ahead. Even if there’s a bit of a difference to Season 1, it could still be an interesting, engaging and fun sequel.
    They might need another hype man, tho’ :-)

I do hope Kevin recharges and finds a place from which to continue with the same enthusiasm he had in the first season! That would be my ideal case.

I would be fine if Revelation continued without Kevin Smith's name attached. Unfortunately, I would agree that his name being attached to this project seemed to have the opposite effect, and a lot of negative presumptions were made about the series from the onset because he was a part of it. I don't think those presumptions were warranted, mind you. As others said, I think attaching Kevin Smith to the project enabled a lot of star power to be added to the cast and crew, and I am sure that Netflix and Mattel expected it to be positive for the audience as well.

I also wouldn't blame Smith for not wanting to continue with Revelation after what seemed to be quite a lot of effort and passion poured into it by him only to receive so much negative reaction. It's hard to continue to want to do something when so many want to rain on your parade. That said, I really hope we get more of the series, whether Smith is part of it or not. I would love to get another adventure, especially one involving the Horde, using what's been established for the series in this first season.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I would be fine if Revelation continued without Kevin Smith's name attached. Unfortunately, I would agree that his name being attached to this project seemed to have the opposite effect, and a lot of negative presumptions were made about the series from the onset because he was a part of it. I don't think those presumptions were warranted, mind you. As others said, I think attaching Kevin Smith to the project enabled a lot of star power to be added to the cast and crew, and I am sure that Netflix and Mattel expected it to be positive for the audience as well.

I also wouldn't blame Smith for not wanting to continue with Revelation after what seemed to be quite a lot of effort and passion poured into it by him only to receive so much negative reaction. It's hard to continue to want to do something when so many want to rain on your parade. That said, I really hope we get more of the series, whether Smith is part of it or not. I would love to get another adventure, especially one involving the Horde, using what's been established for the series in this first season.
    Maybe he could continue in a producer role while the showrunner position is given to someone else.

Yes, this is well-said!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    I do hope Kevin recharges and finds a place from which to continue with the same enthusiasm he had in the first season! That would be my ideal case.
    It might be difficult for him. The man really wears his heart on his sleeve. But I hope for this nevertheless!
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

It might be difficult for him. The man really wears his heart on his sleeve. But I hope for this nevertheless!
    I kind of like the idea of him doing the producer role, if it’s too difficult to step back into his original role. He could stay involved, while others take the wheel. He could still make sure that there’s no harsh break in mood or storytelling.

Good news!

”Masters of the Universe: Revelation” is trending on Netflix!
    https://foreternia.com/2022/02/maste...ing-on-netflix
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Heroic Warrior
    Good news!

I just opened my Netflix and Revelation and the CGI show are both trending.
    Must have been me rewatching Part 2 last night that put it over LOL

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Good news!

Quote Originally Posted by dzathamza View Post
    I just opened my Netflix and Revelation and the CGI show are both trending.
    Must have been me rewatching Part 2 last night that put it over LOL

Good work then! 👏
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

The great Ted Biaselli speaks, and is asked about a sequel to Revelation!
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

The great Ted Biaselli speaks, and is asked about a sequel to Revelation!
    https://youtu.be/hN6r6s_JQw4
    Playing very coy about a potential season 2. Seemed to hint very subtly that it's being discussed behind the scenes, but was careful to emphasize that nothing is confirmed yet. I guess that's better than just flat out saying there's no chance of it happening.

Heroic Warrior
    I really hope it continues. As much as I love SPOP and what it did to humanize the Horde (the Horde trio were definitely one of the show's highlights), I'd kill to see more of the Horde depicted in the Revelation comic, which was just really badass. Also, I want to see where they take Adam and Teela's relationship now that they're together.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I really hope it continues. As much as I love SPOP and what it did to humanize the Horde (the Horde trio were definitely one of the show's highlights), I'd kill to see more of the Horde depicted in the Revelation comic, which was just really badass. Also, I want to see where they take Adam and Teela's relationship now that they're together.
    I haven't read the Revelation comic yet, I'll be getting the whole book next week instead of individual issues.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Playing very coy about a potential season 2. Seemed to hint very subtly that it's being discussed behind the scenes, but was careful to emphasize that nothing is confirmed yet. I guess that's better than just flat out saying there's no chance of it happening.
    A follow-up series could be in development right now but it wouldn't be up to Ted (or Kevin) to decide when to officially confirm or announce it. Power-con 2022 perhaps? Mattel Investors Day? Guess we'll see!
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -