Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: MOTU Revelation Positivity Thread

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I agree, I'll be honest, this is the first time I have ever liked a Prince Adam depiction. Revelation really made me warm to the character and see him as more than just a lazy, weakling and He-Man's alter ego.
    I concur. Never have I appreciated Prince Adam more than this incarnation. His heart, his courage, his self-sacrifice. Suddenly I'm happy to see Adam on the screen versus ho-hum, when is he going to turn into He-Man? And often in other incarnations, Adam and He-Man still felt like two separate individuals. But in Revelation, this is the first time for me where He-Man felt like Adam, but just powered up. 👏

- - - Updated - - -

I did a little write-up on MOTU live-action Easter Eggs in Revelation:

https://foreternia.com/2022/01/all-t...-in-revelation

- - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

That is a good list. It seems to me they tried very hard to get as many references in as possible. So, that was fan service for pretty much every version of MOTU.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    I concur. Never have I appreciated Prince Adam more than this incarnation. His heart, his courage, his self-sacrifice. Suddenly I'm happy to see Adam on the screen versus ho-hum, when is he going to turn into He-Man? And often in other incarnations, Adam and He-Man still felt like two separate individuals. But in Revelation, this is the first time for me where He-Man felt like Adam, but just powered up. 👏

- - - Updated - - -

I did a little write-up on MOTU live-action Easter Eggs in Revelation:
    Man, I loved the Live Action Movie, and I didn't even realize the scanner was the same one. That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    That is a good list. It seems to me they tried very hard to get as many references in as possible. So, that was fan service for pretty much every version of MOTU.
    Thanks! Yeah, I really appreciate all the little nods to all the different iterations and they definitely loaded Revelation with a lot of them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Daddy Bo-Hog View Post
    Man, I loved the Live Action Movie, and I didn't even realize the scanner was the same one. That's awesome!
    Yeah, Smith & Company went deep! I have to believe there's more we haven't even uncovered.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

I mean, one would think if nothing else, all those Easter eggs - especially the deep-cut ones - would prove that Smith and Co. DID do their homework, DID understand the material, and simply went about arranging all those disparate pieces into some new "whole" in a way that they sincerely THOUGHT people would enjoy. I feel the same way about certain comic book films; if the creator is working in bits of canon and fanservice that even a lot of people who profess to be fans don't know about or immediately recognize, on some level I feel like it "proves" they did in fact "do the work" even if some of those fans insist otherwise.

I'm often countered with, "If a movie or show needs 'DLC' to make sense, or is full of stuff only super-nerds will care about, then it's bad," but I disagree. I think those things definitely enrich the material, they just do it in ways that won't automatically be appreciated by "laymen". But they're in there, and I think it's great when they are.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Yes!! Masters '87 is such a guilty pleasure of mine... I watch it every summer on it's anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I mean, one would think if nothing else, all those Easter eggs - especially the deep-cut ones - would prove that Smith and Co. DID do their homework, DID understand the material, and simply went about arranging all those disparate pieces into some new "whole" in a way that they sincerely THOUGHT people would enjoy.
    Kevin Smith and his team poured their hearts and souls, blood, sweat and tears, into baking the most delicious chocolate cake ever... being sure to include all the trimmings that people would come to expect.

Unfortunately, a very vocal crowd decided that it really should have been a vanilla cake - thus, the chocolate one automatically became the worst cake to ever come out of an oven...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I absolutely love the live action MOTU movie as well, especially Meg Foster as Evil-Lyn!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I absolutely love the live action MOTU movie as well, especially Meg Foster as Evil-Lyn!
    Meg was great. And her icy blue eyes were perfect for the role. They have a stunning, yet unnatural quality. One can sense magic behind them. Great casting.
    Last edited by Voodoo Magic; January 10, 2022 at 07:15am.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Meg was great. And her icy blue eyes were perfect for the role. They have a stunning, yet unnatural quality. One can sense magic behind them. Great casting.
    I also love Meg as Hera in Hercules & Xena.

I first saw Meg in an episode of Murder She Wrote (she was the killer even) *before* the MOTU movie came out in 1987 and even then I was bewitched by her eyes!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Kevin Smith on potentially filming ”Masters of the Universe: Revelation” Part 2 Writer Commentaries
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Kevin Smith on potentially filming ”Masters of the Universe: Revelation” Part 2 Writer Commentaries
    https://youtu.be/xXdTg3fdRXU

He sounds incredibly jaded over the whole experience. I'd almost say Kevin might even have PTSD from being incessantly raked over the coals for months on end by so-called MOTU fans, and I get the impression from his negative intonations and body language that the last thing he wants is to get on this crazy merry-go-round again.

Revelation is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post

He sounds incredibly jaded over the whole experience. I'd almost say Kevin might even have PTSD from being incessantly raked over the coals for months on end by so-called MOTU fans, and I get the impression from his negative intonations and body language that the last thing he wants is to get on this crazy merry-go-round again.

Revelation is dead.
    He was very tired, and it was the final question at the end of 3 hour podcast of talking and smoking that stuff he likes to smoke, but yeah he seems exhausted by it.

- - - Updated - - -

Fingers crossed!

Last edited by Voodoo Magic; January 13, 2022 at 11:13am.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

I still have high hopes for more MOTU Revelation!

This is a positivity thread, so I'm just gonna say that Revelation is a beautifully animated love letter to real MOTU fans who always wanted to see Teela's story conclude. And, with the not-so-subtle Horde reveal at the end of episode 10, I have hope for a continuation of the Revelation MOTU narrative.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I absolutely agree with you with every thing you say here Ornclown!

He was very tired, and it was the final question at the end of 3 hour podcast of talking and smoking that stuff he likes to smoke, but yeah he seems exhausted by it.

- - - Updated - - -

Fingers crossed!

https://i.ibb.co/ss6Y2Td/Screenshot-...39-Twitter.jpg
    I'd love Kevin Smith to prove my gut instinct about Revelation's death completely wrong and we get a second season.

Still, this tweet is very vague and could be about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I'd love Kevin Smith to prove my gut instinct about Revelation's death completely wrong and we get a second season.

Still, this tweet is very vague and could be about anything.
    What makes his tweet semi-relevant is Kevin said several weeks back that he was waiting to find out from Netflix about a Season Two and he'd let us know once he did, but agreed, this still can be about anything and not MOTU related at all.

It was nice to read all the positive replies to that tweet hoping for a Season Two though!

https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/s...HCHldxPUg&s=19
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

What makes his tweet semi-relevant is Kevin said several weeks back that he was waiting to find out from Netflix about a Season Two and he'd let us know once he did, but agreed, this still can be about anything and not MOTU related at all.

It was nice to read all the positive replies to that tweet hoping for a Season Two though!

Fair enough. Here's to hoping! Revelation deserves a second season.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I still have high hopes for more MOTU Revelation!
    I do too! The show on the whole was a 7/10 from me, which means I'm content enough with it to wish to see it continue. One of the most beautiful animated shows I've seen.

Court Magician
    Everybody watch it over and over to good ratings! When you don't feel like watching it, let it run in the background with no sound.
    Totally Jazzed for C'MONs Clash For Eternia!

Here’s to hoping for the best! Fingers crossed!

Any continuation is good for the franchise as a whole. Even if it’s not your thing, new shows and toys and comics keep it alive!
    Like, all this new activity brought me back to MOTU. My passion for it was mostly dormant for most of they last 3 decades. Now I’m a total fanatic (in a positive way) again.

There’s a lot to pick and choose, too. I’m still catching up on vintage things that I missed back then, while also watching the new shows.
    It really is a big revival of Motu and I’m happy to be a part if it.
    Last edited by Cosmic; January 15, 2022 at 12:08pm.

I absolutely agree with you Cosmic! shgrin:

Remember, this is a positivity thread to talk positively about Revelation, and NOT a thread to talk negatively about other MOTU fans. Thanks.

I think it is all still very possible. Also depending on the price tag and what kind of arrangement Mattel and Netflix have. I have not given up for sure.

It would just be so awesome to see He-Man and this new Sorceress team up and see their further adventures. And, of course, see more of the Masters and Evil Warriors in animated form.
    There’s still so much to explore! I neeeeeed it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    It would just be so awesome to see He-Man and this new Sorceress team up and see their further adventures. And, of course, see more of the Masters and Evil Warriors in animated form.
    There’s still so much to explore! I neeeeeed it!!!
    Yes! And we need to see more Motherboard too!!!

-----
    A possibility we probably should be prepared for perhaps:

Could ”Masters of the Universe: Revelation” continue without Kevin Smith?
    https://foreternia.com/2022/01/could...ut-kevin-smith
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -