Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: MOTU Revelation Positivity Thread

PROTECTED: MOTU Revelation Positivity Thread

Protected thread!

Here is the link for the debate-friendly general discussion thread for the show:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...Netflix-Series

Forum Members can use this thread as a place to discuss and celebrate in a positive manner the MOTU Revelation animated series coming to Netflix.

Rules:

No arguments. Protected threads are not open for debate or argument. These threads are for people to discuss a belief without fear of being attacked and/or challenged. If you want to continue to argue or discuss an opposing opinion, please visit the link at the top of the thread to participate in the previous debate-friendly discussion.

No "call outs." If you disagree with something that has been said in a Protected Thread, you can't call that person out into another thread to discuss/argue about it. Nor can you use that user's post against them in another thread. Protected threads are just that: protected, and so are the comments inside. If you disagree with the general topic and want to start your own thread to the contrary, then that's one thing. But Protected threads are not about fighting with individual users.

It's nice to see the rainbow colors so prominently featured during Adam's transformation. I wonder what his big "revelation" will be...

Thanks for this, Firefly.

Did anyone notice the banner in the background during the scene with Faker and Sorceress? It looks like the same banner from the vintage Castle Grayskull toy! It's little things like that that get me very excited for this show. The show runners obviously know their stuff or did some deep research on all things MotU.

I also like how many characters are getting more personalities, agenda, and character arcs than before: really fleshing them out. The fact that Tri-Klops seems to have started his own cult and fought against a combined team of former good guys and bad guys makes it really fun and interesting. It reminds me of how I played with my toys when I was a kid: some of my figures would form their own teams and fought against own another.

Also, I am beyond stoked to see the Eternia towers on screen. I've had that toy since 1986 and it my favorite toy of all time. To finally see it on screen is something I never thought possible.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    I'm glad Orko's in this let alone getting AT LEAST one scene of importance!

While I still worry this show is going to take itself much too seriously, the visuals look AMAZING. Like, the eye-popping colours, the larger-than-life characters. (Also, bisexual woman here, and I can't help it, I think Teela looks HOT!) I know people have been a little confused about Orko's eyes, but I actually really like them. I think they give him a very slight feline look, which... just somehow WORKS.

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I also like how many characters are getting more personalities, agenda, and character arcs than before: really fleshing them out. The fact that Tri-Klops seems to have started his own cult and fought against a combined team of former good guys and bad guys makes it really fun and interesting.
    Yeah! Tri-Klops was always the one of Skeletor's henchmen I thought was the most boring. I didn't see a use for him. Evil-Lyn, Trap-Jaw and Beastman had fun and engaging personalities (Well... Trap-Jaw not so much in the MYP cartoon, where he was honestly kind of dull, but in Filmation he was great), Mer-Man had an interesting set-up, but Tri-Klops? What was he even good for? Well, this series seems determined to answer that. Tri-Klops as a cult leader who goes against magic, THAT'S a cool new direction to take him in, and a direction that means I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing him in this series. I'm LOOKING FORWARD to seeing TRI-KLOPS, and that's something I thought I'd never say.
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

I posted this in the other thread, but I'll say it again:

I want to see Cringer transform into Battle Cat!

Whereas Adam actually loses clothing, Cringer gains a bunch of armor... I bet it looks awesome!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

17 days and counting !!
    https://twitter.com/felipeboreli

So I'm very excited about the new series and looking forward to whatever direction it takes. I just love having new MOTU content!

Quote Originally Posted by Dina M View Post
    Tri-Klops as a cult leader who goes against magic, THAT'S a cool new direction to take him in, and a direction that means I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing him in this series. I'm LOOKING FORWARD to seeing TRI-KLOPS, and that's something I thought I'd never say.
    See, I'm a huge fan of the Tri-Klops we got from the mini-comics. Will I like this cult leader spin? Nah. But it's not the end of the world for me.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

All I can say at this point is that I was way too excited to see Stinkor!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    Stinkor looks incredible in the trailer!

I know that there will be a lot of fan service, so I'm looking forward to more characters who never got to shine in the 80's!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    Oh... He's amazing on the trailer !

Glad this new thread exists... the other was getting... exhausting

I am looking forward to what surprises are in store... I've only seen the official two trailers and have steered clear of any youtube videos discussing rumoured plot points or leaked scenes. All I know is what I saw in the trailer, what I've read on the backs of Revelation toy boxes... I'm definitely picking up the new comic tomorrow but am thinking about putting off reading the first issue until I see the first five episodes.

Stuff I'm hoping to see: characters like Sy-Klone, Mekaneck, the Rock Warriors, and Extendar show up in some way, shape or form. Not any permanent character deaths (call me boring, but I'd rather see The Sorceress temporarily disposed of... under a curse, in another dimension, etc. than killed outright)... I don't need Game Of Thrones levels of violence, though I am sort of bracing myself because I've seen what Powerhouse Animation can do in the gore department thanks to Castlevania, ha ha.

I would LOVE for He-Ro to be brought out of the past and into the present as a permanent fixture, but we'll see what happens there. I always wanted the character to be in "the here and now" vs. just a footnote in Eternia's history.

I don't have any preferences (no pun intended) regarding the outcome of all the hub-bub about Teela's hair... I don't care if she ends up with Andra, if she decides to marry Adam/He-Man, or if she hightails it in Marlena's space craft after the final battle is done in a "I've had it with all this planet's drama... you people are too much" moment of final "revelation"

Mostly I'm just going along for the ride here. I'm not expecting it to be bad or anything like that... I just don't have any preconceived notions of what the story will turn out being... mostly I'm going into it just hoping to be entertained.
    And if it does turn out to be great, here's hoping they get the creative gang back together sooner than later to give us another ten episode epic adventure at some point down the road.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    And how! This is more my style as well. Anyway, I don't demand too much of this show. I only ask that it doesn't take itself TOO seriously... I mean, it can be about high stakes and death threats and the potential end of the universe and everything, that's fine... but let's not forget the likeable camp of yore. Other than that, I just want Orko to be in the show... and he is. Seems to be in a fair few scenes too, even if I haven't heard him speak yet. So I'm pretty much good, so far.
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

I am looking forward to what surprises are in store... I've only seen the official two trailers and have steered clear of any youtube videos discussing rumoured plot points or leaked scenes. All I know is what I saw in the trailer, what I've read on the backs of Revelation toy boxes... I'm definitely picking up the new comic tomorrow but am thinking about putting off reading the first issue until I see the first five episodes.

Stuff I'm hoping to see: characters like Sy-Klone, Mekaneck, the Rock Warriors, and Extendar show up in some way, shape or form. Not any permanent character deaths (call me boring, but I'd rather see The Sorceress temporarily disposed of... under a curse, in another dimension, etc. than killed outright)... I don't need Game Of Thrones levels of violence, though I am sort of bracing myself because I've seen what Powerhouse Animation can do in the gore department thanks to Castlevania, ha ha.

I would LOVE for He-Ro to be brought out of the past and into the present as a permanent fixture, but we'll see what happens there. I always wanted the character to be in "the here and now" vs. just a footnote in Eternia's history.

I don't have any preferences (no pun intended) regarding the outcome of all the hub-bub about Teela's hair... I don't care if she ends up with Andra, if she decides to marry Adam/He-Man, or if she hightails it in Marlena's space craft after the final battle is done in a "I've had it with all this planet's drama... you people are too much" moment of final "revelation"

Mostly I'm just going along for the ride here. I'm not expecting it to be bad or anything like that... I just don't have any preconceived notions of what the story will turn out being... mostly I'm going into it just hoping to be entertained.
    And if it does turn out to be great, here's hoping they get the creative gang back together sooner than later to give us another ten episode epic adventure at some point down the road.
    Well put.

I enjoyed Blood of Zeus and I REALLY enjoyed Castlevania (another lifelong love affair of mine)... and, obviously, I love MOTU.

So, I am so excited for this show. With as much response as the teaser and trailer have been getting, it helps to drown out all of the (uncalled for) negativity.

A lot of people will be back-tracking on comments they have made, and this will be an awesome show for everyone - fan or not.

I'm really looking forward to this show. Personally, I have no problem for them utilizing Teela as the centerpiece character given how important she is to the story itself. She's supposed to be the next Sorceress, she's a competent warrior among the Masters, she's Captain of the Royal Guard. I'm curious to see the show and the story. I'll judge once I've seen it, not based on rumors or opinions formed by people who see a bit of something and make assumptions.

I know that, at the very least, the show will look awesome based on everything we have seen so far!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Other than knowing the show is coming I've steered clear of anything and everything. I haven't even watched the trailers. I personally just want to go into this blind. It is new He-Man and that is all that matters. I'll enjoy it no matter what it is. I'm so excited and can't wait much longer.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

everything looks and sounds great so far so I am golden.

AAAAND we will get an actual Faker in this cartoon, beyond pumped.
    cogito ergo doleo

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar

(call me boring, but I'd rather see The Sorceress temporarily disposed of... under a curse, in another dimension, etc. than killed outright)...
    I agree on both points. I was going to post a thought I had there but figured what's the point as it would get buried and ignored. So I'll post it here and it does involve Sorceress.

Because yes I've long been saying, "Why does everyone seem to want/expect her to die?" (I used to phrase it as "when did Sorceress become the Gwen Stacy of Eternia?" but given the rise of Spider-Gwen that doesn't seem to apply anymore) The only response I get is the whole deal of it being Teela's destiny to take over the mantle, to which I say that doesn't mean our current Sorceress has to die. I always assumed it was one of those "take over when I get old and retire" deals. Furthermore what if Teela says no when the time comes?

And that leads me to the thought that maybe this is the -or one of the- reason(s) Teela leaves in a huff and goes off on her own. Perhaps after the "revelation" she's told it's time for her to become the new Sorceress but she doesn't want to. Don't forget she was just getting a big promotion that she clearly wanted and had been training long for -only now it's ripped away from her and she's told she has to forget all about it and take up a destiny she knew nothing about. Everything she had worked so hard for was for nothing as she has to leave it behind. Could you really blame her for deciding "Screw destiny, I'm choosing my own path in life!"

And as for the Sorceress I'm now thinking she doesn't die since we've seen a shot of her apparently still alive after the big event but now old likely due to the loss of magic. Which is kind of what happened in the 87 movie. She was growing old as her power was drained. So that really could be it. She doesn't get killed, but because of the loss of magic she becomes old and weak and therefore declares it's time for young and strong Teela to take over.... only Teela says no.

The idea of defying destiny and refusing the call is a common trope. Adam himself at first tried to refuse the call in the 200X series.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Dina M View Post
    And how! This is more my style as well. Anyway, I don't demand too much of this show. I only ask that it doesn't take itself TOO seriously... I mean, it can be about high stakes and death threats and the potential end of the universe and everything, that's fine... but let's not forget the likeable camp of yore. Other than that, I just want Orko to be in the show... and he is. Seems to be in a fair few scenes too, even if I haven't heard him speak yet. So I'm pretty much good, so far.
    I think there'll be some lightness to be found in the show... the teaser trailer did a good job of making it look like Teela, He-Man and Man-At-Arms were having a good ol' time fighting off the likes of Whiplash, Trap-Jaw, etc.

And, even though the official "story" trailer had a more "high stakes" vibe to it, I got the impression from the exchange between Teela and Adam that the proceedings aren't going to be 100% doom and gloom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I agree on both points. I was going to post a thought I had there but figured what's the point as it would get buried and ignored. So I'll post it here and it does involve Sorceress.

Because yes I've long been saying, "Why does everyone seem to want/expect her to die?" (I used to phrase it as "when did Sorceress become the Gwen Stacy of Eternia?" but given the rise of Spider-Gwen that doesn't seem to apply anymore) The only response I get is the whole deal of it being Teela's destiny to take over the mantle, to which I say that doesn't mean our current Sorceress has to die. I always assumed it was one of those "take over when I get old and retire" deals. Furthermore what if Teela says no when the time comes?

And that leads me to the thought that maybe this is the -or one of the- reason(s) Teela leaves in a huff and goes off on her own. Perhaps after the "revelation" she's told it's time for her to become the new Sorceress but she doesn't want to. Don't forget she was just getting a big promotion that she clearly wanted and had been training long for -only now it's ripped away from her and she's told she has to forget all about it and take up a destiny she knew nothing about. Everything she had worked so hard for was for nothing as she has to leave it behind. Could you really blame her for deciding "Screw destiny, I'm choosing my own path in life!"

And as for the Sorceress I'm now thinking she doesn't die since we've seen a shot of her apparently still alive after the big event but now old likely due to the loss of magic. Which is kind of what happened in the 87 movie. She was growing old as her power was drained. So that really could be it. She doesn't get killed, but because of the loss of magic she becomes old and weak and therefore declares it's time for young and strong Teela to take over.... only Teela says no.

The idea of defying destiny and refusing the call is a common trope. Adam himself at first tried to refuse the call in the 200X series.

Good points all around!
    There's a lot of layers to unfold with the whole Teela eventually finding out Adam's secret, her mother's secret (anyone else? ) and what the repercussions of all that are going to be. It's going to make for some good storytelling. We're all expecting her to become the next Sorceress... it didn't occur to me that she might not go down the traditional path of Grayskull sorceress, by her own choosing. Maybe she possibly becomes something more... making her toy tagline "warrior goddess" into an actual "thing" - combining her skills as captain of the guard with being the next guardian of Castle Grayskull. We've never really seen the classic version of the Sorceress fight in battle all that much, so wouldn't it be pretty cool if Teela, as the next Sorceress, was a bit more like the 200X Sorceress (who held her own against King Hiss in battle until his snake magic got the better of her). She can wield a sword, fire a gun, pilot a vehicle, but also whip up a spell, shoot lasers from her hands or the snake staff, or whatnot... it's kind of how I used to play with her toy as a kid, so I'd be psyched to see a cartoon version of Teela use all the tricks she's learned over the years as well as tap into her magical abilities to fight. So in other words, yeah, bring on "the Teela show"... I'm here for it!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

I would love to see a clean version of this image!

Or, better yet, I'd buy the poster!

The production value is off the rails. It's going to be a spectacle and will definitely raise the bar for western animation.

Question: We see a few villains joining Teela and friends in their mission to save Eternia. Anyone thinks a Master going bad and becoming an Evil Warrior?

PROTECTED: MOTU Revelation Positivity Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post

Question: We see a few villains joining Teela and friends in their mission to save Eternia. Anyone thinks a Master going bad and becoming an Evil Warrior?
    My money is on Mekaneck, surely he feels tempted by dark magic to give him an ability that is actually useful

Heroic Warrior
    I'm really excited for this. And it seems to have caught the attention of people who know next to nothing about MOTU. Basically, I'm the weird member of my friend group who's obsessed with a toyline that stopped existing in a relevant manner like twenty years before I was born, but my friends have taken an interest in the show.

- - - Updated - - -

So like, key thing, MOTU seems to be likely to become relevant with gen Z, which is good