Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: MOTU Revelation Positivity Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PROTECTED: MOTU Revelation Positivity Thread

Protected thread!

Here is the link for the debate-friendly general discussion thread for the show:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...Netflix-Series

Forum Members can use this thread as a place to discuss and celebrate in a positive manner the MOTU Revelation animated series coming to Netflix.

Rules:

No arguments. Protected threads are not open for debate or argument. These threads are for people to discuss a belief without fear of being attacked and/or challenged. If you want to continue to argue or discuss an opposing opinion, please visit the link at the top of the thread to participate in the previous debate-friendly discussion.

No "call outs." If you disagree with something that has been said in a Protected Thread, you can't call that person out into another thread to discuss/argue about it. Nor can you use that user's post against them in another thread. Protected threads are just that: protected, and so are the comments inside. If you disagree with the general topic and want to start your own thread to the contrary, then that's one thing. But Protected threads are not about fighting with individual users.

It's nice to see the rainbow colors so prominently featured during Adam's transformation. I wonder what his big "revelation" will be...

Thanks for this, Firefly.

Did anyone notice the banner in the background during the scene with Faker and Sorceress? It looks like the same banner from the vintage Castle Grayskull toy! It's little things like that that get me very excited for this show. The show runners obviously know their stuff or did some deep research on all things MotU.

I also like how many characters are getting more personalities, agenda, and character arcs than before: really fleshing them out. The fact that Tri-Klops seems to have started his own cult and fought against a combined team of former good guys and bad guys makes it really fun and interesting. It reminds me of how I played with my toys when I was a kid: some of my figures would form their own teams and fought against own another.

Also, I am beyond stoked to see the Eternia towers on screen. I've had that toy since 1986 and it my favorite toy of all time. To finally see it on screen is something I never thought possible.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    I'm glad Orko's in this let alone getting AT LEAST one scene of importance!

While I still worry this show is going to take itself much too seriously, the visuals look AMAZING. Like, the eye-popping colours, the larger-than-life characters. (Also, bisexual woman here, and I can't help it, I think Teela looks HOT!) I know people have been a little confused about Orko's eyes, but I actually really like them. I think they give him a very slight feline look, which... just somehow WORKS.

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I also like how many characters are getting more personalities, agenda, and character arcs than before: really fleshing them out. The fact that Tri-Klops seems to have started his own cult and fought against a combined team of former good guys and bad guys makes it really fun and interesting.
    Yeah! Tri-Klops was always the one of Skeletor's henchmen I thought was the most boring. I didn't see a use for him. Evil-Lyn, Trap-Jaw and Beastman had fun and engaging personalities (Well... Trap-Jaw not so much in the MYP cartoon, where he was honestly kind of dull, but in Filmation he was great), Mer-Man had an interesting set-up, but Tri-Klops? What was he even good for? Well, this series seems determined to answer that. Tri-Klops as a cult leader who goes against magic, THAT'S a cool new direction to take him in, and a direction that means I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing him in this series. I'm LOOKING FORWARD to seeing TRI-KLOPS, and that's something I thought I'd never say.
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

I posted this in the other thread, but I'll say it again:

I want to see Cringer transform into Battle Cat!

Whereas Adam actually loses clothing, Cringer gains a bunch of armor... I bet it looks awesome!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

17 days and counting !!
    https://twitter.com/felipeboreli

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I posted this in the other thread, but I'll say it again:

I want to see Cringer transform into Battle Cat!

Whereas Adam actually loses clothing, Cringer gains a bunch of armor... I bet it looks awesome!
    it’s pretty cool. I will say

F9A39179-4EA1-4409-9DE0-201596AB364C.jpg
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

So I'm very excited about the new series and looking forward to whatever direction it takes. I just love having new MOTU content!

Quote Originally Posted by Dina M View Post
    Tri-Klops as a cult leader who goes against magic, THAT'S a cool new direction to take him in, and a direction that means I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing him in this series. I'm LOOKING FORWARD to seeing TRI-KLOPS, and that's something I thought I'd never say.
    See, I'm a huge fan of the Tri-Klops we got from the mini-comics. Will I like this cult leader spin? Nah. But it's not the end of the world for me.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Other than knowing the show is coming I've steered clear of anything and everything. I haven't even watched the trailers. I personally just want to go into this blind. It is new He-Man and that is all that matters. I'll enjoy it no matter what it is. I'm so excited and can't wait much longer.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

everything looks and sounds great so far so I am golden.

AAAAND we will get an actual Faker in this cartoon, beyond pumped.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Here is the link for the debate-friendly general discussion thread for the show:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...Netflix-Series

Forum Members can use this thread as a place to discuss and celebrate in a positive manner the MOTU Revelation animated series coming to Netflix.

Rules:

No arguments. Protected threads are not open for debate or argument. These threads are for people to discuss a belief without fear of being attacked and/or challenged. If you want to continue to argue or discuss an opposing opinion, please visit the link at the top of the thread to participate in the previous debate-friendly discussion.

No "call outs." If you disagree with something that has been said in a Protected Thread, you can't call that person out into another thread to discuss/argue about it. Nor can you use that user's post against them in another thread. Protected threads are just that: protected, and so are the comments inside. If you disagree with the general topic and want to start your own thread to the contrary, then that's one thing. But Protected threads are not about fighting with individual users.
    How do we go about pro-actively doing the same for the CGI He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe Netflix show?
    Already the original thread for that particular series is devolving the exact same way that the one originally created for Revelation has.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    How do we go about pro-actively doing the same for the CGI He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe Netflix show?
    Already the original thread for that particular series is devolving the exact same way that the one originally created for Revelation has.
    I second this motion.

Widget
    I've only watched part of 200X and a couple of episodes of Filmation, but I'm really looking forward to Revelation. Secret identities being exposed is one of my favorite tropes. As much as I want to see all those cool characters and fights, I hope they go in-depth about how keeping this secret for so long has affected Adam and how finding out out of nowhere affects everyone else. Teela and Randor are going to need some therapy for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Ayal92 View Post
    I've only watched part of 200X and a couple of episodes of Filmation, but I'm really looking forward to Revelation. Secret identities being exposed is one of my favorite tropes. As much as I want to see all those cool characters and fights, I hope they go in-depth about how keeping this secret for so long has affected Adam and how finding out out of nowhere affects everyone else. Teela and Randor are going to need some therapy for sure
    Agreed.

There is so much that they can do with this idea.

There have been several examples in other franchises, e.g., Spider-Man, Superman, Sailor Moon, Power Rangers, etc., and it always equals a tense ride!

Revelation, in later seasons, may take on more of the 1987 Movie model, where it seemed like Adam had not been a thing for quite some time...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Agreed.

There is so much that they can do with this idea.

There have been several examples in other franchises, e.g., Spider-Man, Superman, Sailor Moon, Power Rangers, etc., and it always equals a tense ride!
    I also think about the *other* big secret- Teela not being told who her mom is. While she is right in front of her! Possible that will also tick Teela off!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...ead#protection

It's all right here.

New positivity thread for the new He-Man & the MOTU Netflix show:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...itivity-Thread

Reminder to all: These are positivity threads, so no using them as an opportunity at taking swipes at fans that are being negative whether members here or elsewhere.

Teela is considered one of the best soldiers and a great strategist. That’s is not someone who should lose their temper easily.

I think there's a good mile or so of Acceptable Middle Ground between "she gets over it in five seconds" and "she throws a fit to go sulk in the woods for _____ months/years/however long it'll be."

Either extreme would be out of character; guess we'll just have to see how it goes. Won't be long now.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

I remember distinctively when the Captain of the Guard disobeyed her father by going to the Badlands!
    She is a trouble maker!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    I remember distinctively when the Captain of the Guard disobeyed her father by going to the Badlands!
    She is a trouble maker!
    And that time when she couldn't get the teleporter to work, so she quit her job and ran off to the Eternian wilderness!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    4 more days! Seriously pumped for this!
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Heroic Warrior
    I want to buy this poster to hang up!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Looks great but who is this guy?