Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: MOTU Revelation Positivity Thread

Court Magician
    I love this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Wow you started early
    Totally agree with this, too.
    It’s kind of remarkable with Masters- it was always that way. Always different takes. And as kids we managed to enjoy it, and were able to tell it apart as well as mixing it together to our own, personal head canon.

I think when playing with the toys back then, I used elements of various canons. The figures were what brought it together- and my own imagination.
    This. Without a doubt.

As I posted in another thread, I used to put He-Man's harness on Mer-Man, give him the power sword and let him be the hero of whatever fantasy my friends and I were acting out that day.

Not to mention the fact that my TMNT, Blackstar, REMCO, Rambo and ThunderCats would show up from time to time!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This. Without a doubt.

As I posted in another thread, I used to put He-Man's harness on Mer-Man, give him the power sword and let him be the hero of whatever fantasy my friends and I were acting out that day.
    Webstor was my first MOTU figure, I thought he was the coolest. He was a good guy for quite a while! He and Prince Adam were best friends and fighting Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    At some point I had a lot of the core figures and played more according to lore.

When I see kids playing with Origins and mixing and matching, that warms my heart!

Revelation will add yet another layer to all these layers, and “I’m here for it”, as the cool kids say these days

I loved the intro and the narrator! I liked it more then even the Beauty and the Beat prologue. Thanks Mr. Mccreary. May the memories of William George and Rudy Orero's "Frazetti" /J. Allan St. John style of work be kept alive and inspire a new generation.
    Thank you for that.
    Also, I want to know more about Wun-Dar. In my head cannon, he is humble, shy and does not consider himself a He-Man , but one of many in a team of cosmic enforcers. This is why he was so elusive in the vintage toys and did not wear any armor signifying his importance.
    Last edited by Baba1983; August 2, 2021 at 11:33pm.

Started re-watching this week, this time at a slower pace, and definitely always humming parts of the score afterwards for the rest of the day

The parts with Orko got me again this time, especially when they discover him…
    I think after this show I will appreciate him way more, also in other canons. I always thought he was a little annoying, though had a ton of heart, of course.
    Now I’m just… a fan.

Started re-watching this week, this time at a slower pace, and definitely always humming parts of the score afterwards for the rest of the day

The parts with Orko got me again this time, especially when they discover him…
    I think after this show I will appreciate him way more, also in other canons. I always thought he was a little annoying, though had a ton of heart, of course.
    Now I’m just… a fan.
    Of course Orko was annoying... but, I loved him anyway back in the Filmation days. I have two older brothers, and I was annoying too! (Maybe that's why he resonates with me so much...)

As the years went on, I began to appreciate him even more. He was shown to be extremely powerful (especially on Trolla) and I always enjoyed the fact that this little blue court magician could level Snake Mountain if he put his mind to it!

I was hoping that they would explore this aspect more in 200X, but it was pretty much rinse-repeat...

Revelation Orko is one of my favorite characters along with Duncan and Andra!

I can't wait to see what happens next!!

Artwork from Powerhouse: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSQDwt9L-UV/
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Finished my first repeat watching, now I really want to see the next part!

Loved Episode 5 (and 1) the most, it’s epic, funny, mysterious and has a lot of warmth.
    Roboto!!!
    What they all say about Orko!
    The Hunt!
    The cameos!

And the reunion with Cringer <3

I loved that they made Adam special in the great scheme of things.
    I wasn’t always a fan of making him just the latest of a long line of He-Men. Made him less unique and special.

But due to his decisions we witness, he is truly a special hero- because he has this big heart as Adam.

Long live Flea Man!

- - - Updated - - -

Do we know anything about when the next five episodes will air?
    I don’t think there were any announcements, right?
    I did hear that Kevin Smith wrapped up some part of it lately, so they are working on it…

Do we know anything about when the next five episodes will air?
    I don’t think there were any announcements, right?
    I did hear that Kevin Smith wrapped up some part of it lately, so they are working on it…
    I posted this article in the other thread a while back.

https://www.menshealth.com/entertain...cast-spoilers/

It could show up as soon as October...

Either way, just to put everyone out of their misery, I think they should show up by the year's end. In to next year would be too long a wait, IMO.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    I rewatched the series again, and except for...

Adam getting stabbed - he just got back for Pete's Sake!

I thoroughly enjoyed the rewatch.

It might be wishful thinking, but I can’t imagine they would wait till next year. I think the attention and excitement would suffer and fade a bit.

Men’s Health article has a good take on it- i hope they are right. October would be great. Otherwise, maybe during the Holidays? We’ll get an updated Christmas Special

We’ll get an updated Christmas Special
    Wouldn't that be something?!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Either way, just to put everyone out of their misery, I think they should show up by the year's end. In to next year would be too long a wait, IMO.
    Mattel and Netflix seem to be in a pinch now... do they release the rest of Revelation sooner and risk thwarting the CGI show, or do they wait?

So far, Revelation has been really well-received, critically praised even... so, the only downside to waiting would be all of the nausea-inducing youtube junk channels continuing their pointless attacks.

I would love a roadmap where we get Revelation pt1, then CGI pt.1, then Revelation pt2, CGI pt.2, Revelation season 2, pt.1, CGI season 2, pt.1, etc., etc... all spaced out by 3 -4 months...

Heroic Warrior

So far, Revelation has been really well-received, critically praised even... so, the only downside to waiting would be all of the nausea-inducing youtube junk channels continuing their pointless attacks.
    Kinda how "The Witcher" was attacked when cast announcements for season 1 were released, that it will fail, etc...etc...
    Now, not only are we getting season 2 this year but a new animated movie to boot.
    Yes, what a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    Kinda how "The Witcher" was attacked when cast announcements for season 1 were released, that it will fail, etc...etc...
    Now, not only are we getting season 2 this year but a new animated movie to boot.
    Yes, what a failure.
    Yeah... sometimes it's hard to wade through the non-stop muck of some fans prematurely calling it a failure.

But, at the end of the day, that's exactly what it is: muck. If something is good, it will stand the test of time regardless of their vitriol.

I'm pretty excited for "Nightmare of the Wolf" and even more excited for Season 2 of the Witcher!!

Reminder again. This is a positivity thread. Talking negatively about fans that disagree with you is not the point of this thread. Thanks

Sometimes it’s just confusing, what to think, how the series is actually doing… and what “doing well” actually means. Lots of different voices and opinions…
    But I’m very excited about all the positive reviews! Those are fact, and Netflix will be happy about it!

Now, if the streaming numbers on Netflix are good or good enough, too, we’re in business for more seasons (I hope!)

Also, the longer it goes on, I think it’s possible skeptical fans might jump on board after all.

Like, it took time for people to warm up to Origins, and now to Masterverse… I have hope that even more fans will let MOTUR into their MOTU world- once we have a more substantial amount of episodes and stories!

I not sure it was posted but there was a video from a couple of weeks on Twitch with Ted Biaselli talking about Revelation.It was a streaming of ToyGalaxy
    Starting at 15:50 .
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1110424254

At the end of the show he talked a little about the cgi show

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    I not sure it was posted but there was a video from a couple of weeks on Twitch with Ted Biaselli talking about Revelation.It was a streaming of ToyGalaxy

What a great conversation!

The chat that these guys have just confirms everything I was thinking about Revelation... some of what Ted says is almost verbatim of what I was posting here on the .org.

It's almost vindicating to hear him talk about the process, the passion and then, the ridiculous people crying foul before the final five episodes have aired.

He obviously has a deep love for MOTU, and it's a shame that so many people get angry when they don't get exactly what they were expecting in their own minds.

What a great conversation!
    I’m only halfway through the conversation but, it’s one of the most insightful and genuine conversations about the toy industry I’ve ever heard. Ted is amazing and gives lots of great info on Revelation and many other projects- the thought processes, marketing, why they did what they did...etc. He should be the face of MOTU- his energy is infectious. He’s better than Steve Evans of Hasbro when he worked on Star Wars- and I loved Steve and his genuine love for the properties he works on. Ted has so much passion. I have to finish watching this later because I have to work But, I cannot wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post

Thanks for posting this!

Had some more thoughts, after watching it twice, and letting it sink it a bit more.

I think it was creatively ballsy, how he approached it, and ultimately a new take weÂ’ve never had. I think that cannot be denied, no matter if you liked it or not.

The other thing I still find really striking is how it basically “skipped” the 200X phase and tried an adult interpretation of the Filmation-Era MOTU.
    In the past 20 years, Mike Young and its heavy incorporation into Classics canon have defined MotU, and a whole generation of fans came up through it. And of course it was great stuff.
    But I personally find it interesting to mix it up and try to use things that did not appear in 2000, come from older lore, etc And then add whole new ideas to it, put it through the lens of modern drawings...

It just needs more episodes to explore all of this stuff, and this world! I hope weÂ’ll get a good run.

Had some more thoughts, after watching it twice, and letting it sink it a bit more.

I think it was creatively ballsy, how he approached it, and ultimately a new take weÂ’ve never had. I think that cannot be denied, no matter if you liked it or not.

The other thing I still find really striking is how it basically “skipped” the 200X phase and tried an adult interpretation of the Filmation-Era MOTU.
    In the past 20 years, Mike Young and its heavy incorporation into Classics canon have defined MotU, and a whole generation of fans came up through it. And of course it was great stuff.
    But I personally find it interesting to mix it up and try to use things that did not appear in 2000, come from older lore, etc And then add whole new ideas to it, put it through the lens of modern drawings...

It just needs more episodes to explore all of this stuff, and this world! I hope weÂ’ll get a good run.
    I find it interesting how differently you and I must have enjoyed this series , see , my own takeaway when it was first announced was " ugh , a filmation continuation " , but after watching it , all I can see is a " 200x" sequel , aesthetically it's most obvious in castle grayskulls design and location , Adams skinnier look , even mer man's outfit , triklops being the tech guy ,in robotos origin and a few other things .and while I REALLY dislike the dark horse comics attached to the series ,and I'm choosing to ignore that particular arm of the continuity , the first issue featured a king hiss lifted straight from the myp cartoon , not the newspaper strip version or the minicomic version .

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    I find it interesting how differently you and I must have enjoyed this series , see , my own takeaway when it was first announced was " ugh , a filmation continuation " , but after watching it , all I can see is a " 200x" sequel , aesthetically it's most obvious in castle grayskulls design and location , Adams skinnier look , even mer man's outfit , triklops being the tech guy ,in robotos origin and a few other things .and while I REALLY dislike the dark horse comics attached to the series ,and I'm choosing to ignore that particular arm of the continuity , the first issue featured a king hiss lifted straight from the myp cartoon , not the newspaper strip version or the minicomic version .

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk
    I kind of see it as a continuation of all the mythos before it. Its not really a direct sequel to either Filmation of 200x, but pulls the best from them both then moves the story forward. I think the best way to describe it is in fact as a "Spiritual Successor" to both of them. The spirit of MOTU Revelation is somewhere between Filmation and 200x, which for me is a sweet spot. Where it actually would be on the timeline is up for debate, I would say.

At first I did not like the techo-cult thing with Tri-Klops, but then after remembering how he was the evil tech guy in 200x, I understood exactly why it was writtin this way, and it seemed like a natural evolution of the character in the circumstances after Skeletor's death. Now I love the whole thing. Roboto is so much better as having been created by MAA as a surrogate son, rather than a robot from another planet.

As far as the comic goes, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm not really a fan of comic books in general most of the time. So I don't really like the format at all. Then Skelly's origin--well, I'm not sure he was telling Lyn the truth anyway. I got the impression it was left open for either interpretation or for later revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblanch View Post
    I kind of see it as a continuation of all the mythos before it. Its not really a direct sequel to either Filmation of 200x, but pulls the best from them both then moves the story forward. I think the best way to describe it is in fact as a "Spiritual Successor" to both of them. The spirit of MOTU Revelation is somewhere between Filmation and 200x, which for me is a sweet spot.

As far as the comic goes, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm not really a fan of comic books in general most of the time. So I don't really like the format at all. Then Skelly's origin--well, I'm not sure he was telling Lyn the truth anyway. I got the impression it was left open for either interpretation or for later revelation.
    I totally see it as a mash up of the big 2 as for the comic issue 1 was great Issue 2 was questionable I think that Skeletor IS telling the truth as he actually has the locket of his dead wife in his hands at the end of the issue. As much as I hate him NOT being Keldor as it throws MYP Under the bus completely.