Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: MOTU Revelation Positivity Thread

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    I totally see it as a mash up of the big 2 as for the comic issue 1 was great Issue 2 was questionable I think that Skeletor IS telling the truth as he actually has the locket of his dead wife in his hands at the end of the issue. As much as I hate him NOT being Keldor as it throws MYP Under the bus completely.
    If that's the case, then it will (hopefully) be easy enough to just disregard the comic. Unless it is brought up in part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblanch View Post
    I kind of see it as a continuation of all the mythos before it. Its not really a direct sequel to either Filmation of 200x, but pulls the best from them both then moves the story forward. I think the best way to describe it is in fact as a "Spiritual Successor" to both of them.
    I see Revelation as a sequel to an unproduced reboot that was heavily inspired by Filmation and took a little bit here and there from MYP.

It would actually make me very happy if Netflix and Mattel just said to hell with it and ordered a full prequel series.
    Last edited by Mach5; September 6, 2021 at 05:09pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach5 View Post
    I see Revelation as a sequel to an unproduced reboot that was heavily inspired by Filmation and took a little bit here and there from MYP.

It would actually make me very happy if Netflix and Mattel just said to hell with it and ordered a full prequel series.
    Oof, yeah. It'd definitely be one of those prequels where I'd suggest watching it before Revelation proper, but Revelation feels just off enough from the previous installments that it is low key incompatible with portions of Filmation. I would be utterly delighted if they explored this universe further.

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    I find it interesting how differently you and I must have enjoyed this series , see , my own takeaway when it was first announced was " ugh , a filmation continuation " , but after watching it , all I can see is a " 200x" sequel , aesthetically it's most obvious in castle grayskulls design and location , Adams skinnier look , even mer man's outfit , triklops being the tech guy ,in robotos origin and a few other things .and while I REALLY dislike the dark horse comics attached to the series ,and I'm choosing to ignore that particular arm of the continuity , the first issue featured a king hiss lifted straight from the myp cartoon , not the newspaper strip version or the minicomic version .

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I guess it depends where you’re coming from, I guess I focused on the differences rather than the similarities! Stylistically, from the look of the drawings themselves, and the type of animation, it is definitely very close to MYP. But some designs like Sorceress and Teela are from older continuity. Adam is skinny but his clothes are more Filmation... I just found it interesting that they did disregard some elements of 200X continuity. Seeing how similar the animation is, it would have seemed natural to just do a sequel of that. I sometimes get confused in my head now, which is which. But I like harkening back to other lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mach5 View Post
    I see Revelation as a sequel to an unproduced reboot that was heavily inspired by Filmation and took a little bit here and there from MYP
    That is a great description

- - - Updated - - -

While I’m looking forward to the CGI show starting this week, there is one more thing that is a positive to me in MOTU:R — that it is drawn.
    These days, it’s bears pointing it out. No matter how stylized in one way or another, these are line drawings.

From my earliest years, I started to draw because of comic-books and cartoons. And those had this beautiful look of classic cartooning in the best sense of the word.
    That is why CGI animation, or even life action, can never quite excite me the same way.

I think people took this for granted, but these days I’m sure it takes effort and vision to push that through, and to pay for it. Especially in a more realistic look.
    Maybe that’s why it was just 5 episodes… about the length of a straight-to-streaming animated film.
    But I’ll take it!

So, it was mentioned in another thread that we should see part2 before the year ends!

The late October speculation might come true, or possibly it will drop during the November break when kids and parents are off from school/work.

Either way, it's gonna be awesome!!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    So, it was mentioned in another thread that we should see part2 before the year ends!

The late October speculation might come true, or possibly it will drop during the November break when kids and parents are off from school/work.

Either way, it's gonna be awesome!!!
    They said around (or on) an upcoming holiday. I’m really hoping it’s Halloween!

Canadian Thanksgiving October 11th hmmmm.....lol

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Really pumped for part 2, glad it's coming later this year
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    I'm really looking forward to it!
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    They said around (or on) an upcoming holiday. Iím really hoping itís Halloween!
    But Halloween isn't a holiday...

Heroic Warrior
    I am guessing part 2 will be around Thanksgiving. December is already loaded on Netflix with the Witcher and Cobra Kai premiering that month, so it makes sense to do it before those shows drop.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    I am guessing part 2 will be around Thanksgiving. December is already loaded on Netflix with the Witcher and Cobra Kai premiering that month, so it makes sense to do it before those shows drop.
    I was about to say "But that seems a bit early, wouldn't it be more likely to be November?" And then I remembered American thanksgiving is a thing (I'm Canadian) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    But Halloween isn't a holiday...
    Blasphemy!!! Halloween is the ONLY holiday!

Blasphemy!!! Halloween is the ONLY holiday!
    Halloween is the 6th most celebrated holiday in America.

Also, it's the third biggest party day of the year, next to New Year's Eve and Super Bowl Sunday.

Also, it's the third biggest party day of the year, next to New Year's Eve and Super Bowl Sunday.
    Well, I concede to the numbers but, I stand by itís status as a holiday!

Itís my number one, and thatís what should matter to everyone!

Wait a second, I'm gonna need you to site your source. If you google it you'll find 10 different articles with 10 different answers.

Also, by "celebrated" do they mean given as an actually holiday (no work)?
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Well, I concede to the numbers but, I stand by itís status as a holiday!

Itís my number one, and thatís what should matter to everyone!
    Don't you guys define a holiday as a day off work?

Don't you guys define a holiday as a day off work?
    Kinda, but there are tons of companies that don't give days off for any holiday. Others only give off days on certain holidays. This past year was the first time my company gave an off day for Martin Luther King Jr. day.

I'd add, we don't get off work for Halloween. But Halloween day the entire company is encouraged to dress up and wear their costumes. We do pictures and costume contests. It's more like a half work/half play day. We do this even when the actual day falls on a weekend.

I can't begin to think of another holiday that you interact with your friends and neighbors as much as Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Kinda, but there are tons of companies that don't give days off for any holiday. Others only give off days on certain holidays. This past year was the first time my company gave an off day for Martin Luther King Jr. day.

I'd add, we don't get off work for Halloween. But Halloween day the entire company is encouraged to dress up and wear their costumes. We do pictures and costume contests. It's more like a half work/half play day. We do this even when the actual day falls on a weekend.

I can't begin to think of another holiday that you interact with your friends and neighbors as much as Halloween.
    I keep forgetting that there are no mandated paid day off holidays in the US...

Yeah our retail and food service industry is awful when it comes to paid holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post

Totally this.

Yeah, I donít get off work for Halloween(I could take it off if I wanted to) but, I work for a non profit and only get certain Federal holidays off...technically.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, totally sucks. I am very lucky in that my company pays us on the Federal holidays. Most people itís just ďdonít get paidĒ day

I'm a little late to the party here (and haven't read the whole thread) but just want to go on record as enjoying Revelation immensely.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    I'm a little late to the party here (and haven't read the whole thread) but just want to go on record as enjoying Revelation immensely.
    My Man!

~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    Agreed.

After my second viewing of the CGI series, I began watching Revelation again (some episodes, for the 6th time! )

And it just gets better! I can't wait for part 2!!

Agreed.

After my second viewing of the CGI series, I began watching Revelation again (some episodes, for the 6th time! )

And it just gets better! I can't wait for part 2!!
    I also can't wait for Part 2 of MOTU Revelation!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)