Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: MOTU Revelation Positivity Thread

What is in comic 1 about the King Graykull and his family, I loved it
    Lord Hordak

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hordak View Post
    It was so wholesome before the Orlax showed up. If the version in the show has this characterization, I'm really excited. I hope he plays a sort of fatherly mentor role.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I think there'll be some lightness to be found in the show... the teaser trailer did a good job of making it look like Teela, He-Man and Man-At-Arms were having a good ol' time fighting off the likes of Whiplash, Trap-Jaw, etc.

And, even though the official "story" trailer had a more "high stakes" vibe to it, I got the impression from the exchange between Teela and Adam that the proceedings aren't going to be 100% doom and gloom.
    ^^ This - I share Dina's concern that Revelation will take itself too seriously, which isn't quite what I want from my MOTU. But there's certainly hints in the trailer - despite its considerable epicness - that it'll be FUN as well. Hope so!

And if the worst I can say about a new MOTU cartoon is that it's too epic, well, that's not really a problem!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I posted this in the other thread, but I'll say it again:

I want to see Cringer transform into Battle Cat!

Whereas Adam actually loses clothing, Cringer gains a bunch of armor... I bet it looks awesome!
    itís pretty cool. I will say

F9A39179-4EA1-4409-9DE0-201596AB364C.jpg
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post

Woah, where'd you get that from?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    It was so wholesome before the Orlax showed up. If the version in the show has this characterization, I'm really excited. I hope he plays a sort of fatherly mentor role.
    Oh man, you read the comic already, too?! I'm really running behind, apparently. (Just waiting on my local Comic Book Store to call and tell me my copy is in.)

Anyway, this thread is great!

I'm just super excited that new MOTU is on the way! The last trailer and Kevin Smith talking about it made me even more pumped for the show. I don't have much in the way of expectations except hoping that it's a well-written and well-told story.
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Court Magician
    READ THE REVELATION #1, DO IT NOW!

Its great!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    ^^ This - I share Dina's concern that Revelation will take itself too seriously, which isn't quite what I want from my MOTU. But there's certainly hints in the trailer - despite its considerable epicness - that it'll be FUN as well. Hope so!

And if the worst I can say about a new MOTU cartoon is that it's too epic, well, that's not really a problem!
    The comic is setting up for BIG time stuff, there is zero doubt about it

Okay, I'm sold.

Damn good issue, solid characterization, even from Skeletor in a single panel, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post

Excellent!

Thanks for sharing!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hordak View Post
    Can't wait to read it!
    https://twitter.com/felipeboreli

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    Okay, I'm sold.

Damn good issue, solid characterization, even from Skeletor in a single panel, no less.
    Damn you lol

I prefer the TBP and getting the whole story in 1 hit, I hate being feed tiny bits over weeksÖ.

Looks like Iíll have to hunt down a copy quick smart now!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    Okay, I'm sold.

instant classic scene

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Damn you lol

I prefer the TBP and getting the whole story in 1 hit, I hate being feed tiny bits over weeksÖ.

Looks like Iíll have to hunt down a copy quick smart now!
    do it do it do it do it

Wow, thanks for this thread!
    I literally have to sometimes leave the forum for a few days when I look at the other thread… it is not healthy for me.

I’m glad there is a safe space now to be excited about this brand new show!
    It’s so amazing to see our favorites again in motion! It’s been so long!

I’ll be open to new things, since there is so much classic stuff in the beginning.
    And after all, I’m a NA fan, so I am flexible!
    I just hope everyone will be okay… ��

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Wow, thanks for this thread!
    I literally have to sometimes leave the forum for a few days when I look at the other threadÖ it is not healthy for me.

Iím glad there is a safe space now to be excited about this brand new show!
    Itís so amazing to see our favorites again in motion! Itís been so long!

Iíll be open to new things, since there is so much classic stuff in the beginning.
    And after all, Iím a NA fan, so I am flexible!
    I just hope everyone will be okayÖ ��
    We New Adventures fans have tough skin... we can take it!

Don't be too alarmed by all the negativity in the other thread... a very similar occurrence happened when MOTU 2002 came out.

Some refer to it as the "Faction Wars!"

Although, I did have to step aside when Princesses of Power released... there was just some incredibly crude posts in that particular thread.

Revelation is going to be so good!!

Wow, this was a lot better than I thought it would be. While I'm excited for the show, the only He-Man related comic that I have enjoyed in my life is the crossover with the Thundercats.

But this was really good! I especially liked the way they portrayed the relationship between Adam and Randor. Randor in the filmation cartoon and the MYP series could be a bit of a crap dad, imo, but this one clearly actually took time out of his life to be a good dad.

I did find it interesting that in this version, he's telling Adam that he can't run off and do He-Man like heroics, when previous versions of Randor seemed to imply that Adam should be doing exactly that.

Widget
    I'm happy this thread has been started!

I have criticisms for Revelation but overwhelmingly, the show has positive points for me.

Ultimately, as a MotU fan, I'm not overly concerned with how good Revelation turns out for me, but for the general audience who have Netflix subscriptions. I want Revelation, as well as all other MotU media projects, to succeed because I want MotU to flourish and keep getting the push it has received from Mattel. The fact that two Netlix cartoons and a live action movie have been invested in by Mattel says to me that they want to finally, after more than a decade, put a serious effort behind bringing MotU back to prominence as a property of theirs.

I enjoyed issue 1 of the Revelation comic. I like the little things like He-Man wanting to tell Teela his secret after she remarks that Adam should be present when King Randor is found injured and unconscious. I also like the dialogue from the snake man that King Grayskull fights, saying that if he wanted his heirs to be kept safe, he should have kept their identities secret, basically foreshadowing the reason why Adam conceals his identity as He-Man. I'm not head over heels for the comic but I'm sure when all of the issues are released and I can look at the entire storyline in proper context, it'll be something I can appreciate more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    We New Adventures fans have tough skin... we can take it!

Don't be too alarmed by all the negativity in the other thread... a very similar occurrence happened when MOTU 2002 came out.

Some refer to it as the "Faction Wars!"

Although, I did have to step aside when Princesses of Power released... there was just some incredibly crude posts in that particular thread.

Revelation is going to be so good!!
    Thank you, Iím just so glad that there are many fans excited for it!
    When there are a few very loud negative voices, they can drown out the ones that are just quietly excited and anticipating!

I also saw the figures are starting to be available- things are heating up!

I feel like Iím a fan of all versions of MOTU, and I hope Iíll be a fan of yet another iteration. :-)

Iím not sure wether I should get the comicÖ I kind of want to be surprised by the show!
    Really sensitive to spoilers of any kind lol

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    So, I've held off from posting anything regarding the latest trailer.
    All in all, I'm very impressed and pumped for this series.
    Yes, there does seem to be a big focus on Teela, which I am fine with, I just hope that she doesn't appear to be too hotheaded and unlikeable, some light and shade would be nice. I actually don't mind her mercenary outfit and the new haircut is passable.

So the things I'm really excited and impressed about:

• 200X style Man-At-Arm with arm cannon and weapons arsenal.
    • Skeletor's voice - is not high pitched but has a slight air of Frank Langella's Skeletor to it.
    • Spikor!
    • Whiplash is like his vintage design and has a massive alligator like tail
    • Stinkor looks amazing, I like the scenes of him in what looks like a junkyard
    • Orko being powerful
    • Scare Glow looks amazing
    • Tri-Klops being a cult leader, also like the outfit.
    • Siege on Castle Grayskull looks epic
    • Beast Man's new look is pretty good, the head and hair especially resembles the early DC mini comics.
    • The good guys and bad guys working together to save Eternia.
    • How Eternia as a planet is explained in the opening scene.
    • Cringer's voice
    • Nice to see He-Ro making an appearance
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Based on what I've seen from the trailers there are a few things I'm not going to love about this show.

But I and SUPER excited to see it! I really hope it turns out great and is the start of a successful series we can enjoy for a long while.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

I also want to note that the soundtrack will be nothing short of epic, if the 2nd trailer is anything to go by.

Visually, this series looks beautiful. So colourful and vibrant, as well as very polished and sleek.

Since the other thread has devolved into a quagmire of tinfoil-hat conspiracy theories and conjecture, leading to a forgone conclusion that the show is a failure, I'll go the opposite...

I predict that this show will celebrate not only He-Man, but the team of unique characters - both heroic and evil - that has made MOTU such an incredible property. I think that the show will keep MOTU relevant by adding some structure that was not present during the Filmation days and show current audiences why the original show / toyline was ahead of its time.

Everything that was old is new again, and I am excited for the future of MOTU!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Visually, this series looks beautiful. So colourful and vibrant, as well as very polished and sleek.
    I agree.

And, from the small snippets we've seen, the animation looks great too!

Making good animation of realistic characters is a lot of work and effort and $$$. There is definitely a high end effort going on and I canít wait to feast my eyes on it!

It also means that Netflix and Mattel took this seriously and spent a nice load on $$$ on this!
    The fact that itís a mini series makes it feasible to make it more high end. Cutting it into smaller chunks of 5 episodes... makes it more manageable.

Not sure what the impact will be... I donít know audiences these days. My tastes are very niche :-}
    But I hope the very best! If it satisfies many of the fans, AND brings new ones, this is what weíre all hoping for!
    To bring us more toys! More books! And more animation!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Making good animation of realistic characters is a lot of work and effort and $$$. There is definitely a high end effort going on and I canít wait to feast my eyes on it!

It also means that Netflix and Mattel took this seriously and spent a nice load on $$$ on this!
    The fact that itís a mini series makes it feasible to make it more high end. Cutting it into smaller chunks of 5 episodes... makes it more manageable.

Not sure what the impact will be... I donít know audiences these days. My tastes are very niche :-}
    But I hope the very best! If it satisfies many of the fans, AND brings new ones, this is what weíre all hoping for!
    To bring us more toys! More books! And more animation!
    I was worried that the Castlevania franchise was too niche for a wide audience when that show debuted... then, the show became one of the most popular on Netflix!

The incremental, episodic method of release gives the showrunners and creators more freedom to explore new ideas since it hasn't been set-in-stone as part of a 65 Episode deal.

Also, let's not forget that Powerhouse Animation has fans of its own. Many of them turned me on to Blood of Zeus, which I really enjoyed.