Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: MOTU Revelation Positivity Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I was worried that the Castlevania franchise was too niche for a wide audience when that show debuted... then, the show became one of the most popular on Netflix!

The incremental, episodic method of release gives the showrunners and creators more freedom to explore new ideas since it hasn't been set-in-stone as part of a 65 Episode deal.

Also, let's not forget that Powerhouse Animation has fans of its own. Many of them turned me on to Blood of Zeus, which I really enjoyed.
    Yes Castlevania and Blood of Zeus have been among my favorite shows on Netflix. I'm sure MOTU Revelations won't be as bloody or violent as those two, but the animation does look top-notch.

Please try to watch all 5 episodes within 2 days when they drop on Netflix on July 23rd. That tells the Netflix algorithm that fans want more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Please try to watch all 5 episodes within 2 days when they drop on Netflix on July 23rd. That tells the Netflix algorithm that fans want more.
    "Two days" my butt, I'm gonna watch 'em all back-to-back as soon as they're up!

I'm glad this thread was created; I've popped into the other one a few times, and, well... I'll just say it's not my kinda scene. I have a specific vision of MOTU in my mind, heavily influenced by the early minicomics, that is the "real" MOTU to me, and I long ago accepted that any media we get will not match up to that. With that in mind, I always take these things as they come and either enjoy them or not based purely on their own merits, rather than excoriate them for not catering to my specific tastes. From what I've seen in the trailers, there are some things I probably won't be crazy about, but hell, it looks like it's gonna be a pretty entertaining show! And honestly, getting any sort of MOTU series that's obviously had some real work and money poured into it is fantastic! Even if I wind up not enjoying it much, which seems unlikely, I'm just glad it exists!

Oh, I don't think this will be a problem for most people, if the trailer / teaser is any indication.

You can count on the majority of .orgers to binge it too...even over in the other thread
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

No, sorry. It's a 2 hour marathon the second I get home from work, for me.

Heck, I'll need some serious willpower not to stream it from my office once it becomes available (it'll probably be available about noon)

Of course, I will be binge watching all of the episodes same day as well. That post was meant for the folks who like to limit themselves to 1 episode a day, week etc. (BTW, I saw Ted giving that advice in one of his replies)

I'll do my best but I'll be on day 2 of a family vacation when it releases. Have no idea if I'll even get enough time to watch any episodes at all.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I looked it up several days ago and apparently most shows drop at midnight Pacific time, which is 2am for me. I plan to sleep when I get home from work that Thursday, wake up at 2am, and binge the whole thing before I go to work on Friday.

If anyone finds definitive evidence that MotuR is NOT releasing at that time, PLEASE let me know.
    Last edited by Sword2Blanket; July 9, 2021 at 11:20am.

I'll watch it all in one sitting. I have not been this excited for a show since....the 200X show! lol.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Do you all think that this show might prompt Netflix to start streaming the Filmation MOTU and PoP again?

I'm not even sure if they can, but I'd like to see MYP and Jetlag streamed on Netflix as well!

#exposure!

Heroic Warrior
    Do you all think that this show might prompt Netflix to start streaming the Filmation MOTU and PoP again?

I'm not even sure if they can, but I'd like to see MYP and Jetlag streamed on Netflix as well!

#exposure!
    I'm just hoping this show will be released on disc as well. For that matter - I'd love to see all the shows re-released in fun collector sets...

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    I'm just hoping this show will be released on disc as well. For that matter - I'd love to see all the shows re-released in fun collector sets...
    The Netflix Castlevania series has been/is being released on DVD and Blu-Ray... so, I think that there is a good possibility of Revelation getting the same treatment.

As a matter of fact, it might be part of the deal between Sony, Netflix and Mattel...

Heroic Warrior

#exposure!
    New Adventures is currently streaming on the Peacock service. Not sure if the plan is to eventually air Filmation MOTU and PoP there too.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    New Adventures is currently streaming on the Peacock service. Not sure if the plan is to eventually air Filmation MOTU and PoP there too.
    Whoa!

I didn't know that, cool!

It makes sense though, Peacock a subsidiary of NBCUniversal who also owns Classic Media/Dreamworks.

Heroic Warrior
    And added to watchlist. Yes!

Well hopefully Revelations is popular enough for a physical release. Blu-ray is ideal but they might do a dvd release anyway

- - - Updated - - -

I think all the episodes of those series have been uploaded to Youtube so that is an option even if it can be a mess to watch them in order
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Here is the link for the debate-friendly general discussion thread for the show:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...Netflix-Series

Forum Members can use this thread as a place to discuss and celebrate in a positive manner the MOTU Revelation animated series coming to Netflix.

Rules:

No arguments. Protected threads are not open for debate or argument. These threads are for people to discuss a belief without fear of being attacked and/or challenged. If you want to continue to argue or discuss an opposing opinion, please visit the link at the top of the thread to participate in the previous debate-friendly discussion.

No "call outs." If you disagree with something that has been said in a Protected Thread, you can't call that person out into another thread to discuss/argue about it. Nor can you use that user's post against them in another thread. Protected threads are just that: protected, and so are the comments inside. If you disagree with the general topic and want to start your own thread to the contrary, then that's one thing. But Protected threads are not about fighting with individual users.
    How do we go about pro-actively doing the same for the CGI He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe Netflix show?
    Already the original thread for that particular series is devolving the exact same way that the one originally created for Revelation has.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    How do we go about pro-actively doing the same for the CGI He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe Netflix show?
    Already the original thread for that particular series is devolving the exact same way that the one originally created for Revelation has.
    I second this motion.

Widget
    I've only watched part of 200X and a couple of episodes of Filmation, but I'm really looking forward to Revelation. Secret identities being exposed is one of my favorite tropes. As much as I want to see all those cool characters and fights, I hope they go in-depth about how keeping this secret for so long has affected Adam and how finding out out of nowhere affects everyone else. Teela and Randor are going to need some therapy for sure

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...ead#protection

It's all right here.

New positivity thread for the new He-Man & the MOTU Netflix show:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...itivity-Thread

Reminder to all: These are positivity threads, so no using them as an opportunity at taking swipes at fans that are being negative whether members here or elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayal92 View Post
    I've only watched part of 200X and a couple of episodes of Filmation, but I'm really looking forward to Revelation. Secret identities being exposed is one of my favorite tropes. As much as I want to see all those cool characters and fights, I hope they go in-depth about how keeping this secret for so long has affected Adam and how finding out out of nowhere affects everyone else. Teela and Randor are going to need some therapy for sure
    Agreed.

There is so much that they can do with this idea.

There have been several examples in other franchises, e.g., Spider-Man, Superman, Sailor Moon, Power Rangers, etc., and it always equals a tense ride!

Revelation, in later seasons, may take on more of the 1987 Movie model, where it seemed like Adam had not been a thing for quite some time...

Oh, it is NOT going to take me 2 days to watch them. I'm watching them all, one after the other!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

The five episodes together are basically like a movie length- so I think that’s how I’ll treat it when it comes out. Or at least in one day- with some breaks to savor

- - - Updated - - -

I’m really enjoying rewatching NA He-Man on peacock. Just one ad break- totally pleasant.
    Last place Filmation He-Man and She-Ra were on was IMDB tv (also a free channel with some ads). But it’s been a while.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the MYP series again, haven’t watched it forever! but that’s been nowhere…

I did end up buying She-Ra on DVD- it was cheaper than buying it as streaming format- and I’m loving it. It’s better than I remember! It makes me very happy when I watch an episode :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    Oh, it is NOT going to take me 2 days to watch them. I'm watching them all, one after the other!
    All day long! Fact. And on Saturday and Sunday all over again.
    https://twitter.com/felipeboreli