Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: MOTU Revelation Positivity Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Agreed.

There is so much that they can do with this idea.

There have been several examples in other franchises, e.g., Spider-Man, Superman, Sailor Moon, Power Rangers, etc., and it always equals a tense ride!
    I also think about the *other* big secret- Teela not being told who her mom is. While she is right in front of her! Possible that will also tick Teela off!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    No, sorry. It's a 2 hour marathon the second I get home from work, for me.

Heck, I'll need some serious willpower not to stream it from my office once it becomes available (it'll probably be available about noon)
    I work from home and do freelance, and I have based my whole schedule around being free so I can watch it as soon as it drops in its entirety .

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    I also think about the *other* big secret- Teela not being told who her mom is. While she is right in front of her! Possible that will also tick Teela off!
    Absolutely.

Some people have forgotten that her temperament got her into trouble on many occasions during the Filmation years...

She has always had a chip on her shoulder, and I think it's weird that some folks think this is out-of-character for Teela.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Absolutely.

Some people have forgotten that her temperament got her into trouble on many occasions during the Filmation years...

She has always had a chip on her shoulder, and I think it's weird that some folks think this is out-of-character for Teela.
    Teela was always fussy and angry about something, regardless of the continuity.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by 80slady View Post
    And it was aimed at Adam most of the time. I don't understand why people are upset she'll be mad when she finds out about...well, everything, instead of being an understanding angel of mercy.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Definitely in character for her to be quite PO'ed about Adam's secret and who her Momma is... but the quitting her responsibilities, throwing a fit in front of the King and Queen (who also are technically kept in the dark), complaining about why were we fighting/how being a hero is hard, and running away/going rogue seem a bit un-Teela.

As Captain of the Guard, she was always so respectful toward Randor and Marlena, even when getting ****** with Adam. "With your majesty's permission..." etc. I would never peg Teela as a quitter, or questioning why they are fighting evil.

We'll see how it all plays out, but this Teela seems a little more self-pitying than just our traditional hot-headed Teela. Perhaps it is written in a way that justifies her behavior. I want to be on her side. And the focus of most of her rage should be toward the Sorceress. She's the one that insists on keeping Teela in the dark. Poor Duncan, Adam, and Orko are just kind of caught in the middle.

Heroic Warrior
    Now that I think about it, why didn't Teela know about Adam? Since she works closely with both versions of him and she's in an essential military position, it's kinda weird that she doesn't know, but like Orko does.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Now that I think about it, why didn't Teela know about Adam? Since she works closely with both versions of him and she's in an essential military position, it's kinda weird that she doesn't know, but like Orko does.
    IIRC, Orko found out by accident. Man-At-Arms knew, so there was likely a way to bring Teela into the fold when needed. It might be because as Adam's guard, if she knew he could just He-Man up, she'd prioritize his safety differently, cluing in the bad guys to the secret too.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Tallstar posted this in the other thread:

SPOILER!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...00063562214675

I love the character description of Wun-Dar!!

Iím pretty excited about that too!
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

I wonder when reviews will start to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I wonder when reviews will start to hit.
    When the show comes out , but in all seriousness maybe a few days before the 23rd.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

With all of the hype/controversy surrounding Revelation -since the teaser dropped- there is most likely a review embargo on the show until after it airs.

And I don't think that's bad; as far as she knew, she was in a world that was constantly getting attacked by an evil wizard with a group of people that included a lazy prince and a ridiculous court jester. Love them as she might, it made her job more difficult.

But that doesn't change the fact that she was never particularly respectful to Adam (and her own father told her as much in the original show.) It was far worse in the MYP reboot and even more so in the 2012-2013 comics.

I think her getting furious and throwing a galactic tantrum is about the most in character thing she could do, tbh. SHe was never going to react the same way that Lois or Mary Jane did ... she's an entirely different person. Moments of empathy, but always overshadowed by her temper.

I'jm as exctied to see her tantrum as I am to see anything else, tbh.

Teela is considered one of the best soldiers and a great strategist. That’s is not someone who should lose their temper easily.

I think there's a good mile or so of Acceptable Middle Ground between "she gets over it in five seconds" and "she throws a fit to go sulk in the woods for _____ months/years/however long it'll be."

Either extreme would be out of character; guess we'll just have to see how it goes. Won't be long now.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

I remember distinctively when the Captain of the Guard disobeyed her father by going to the Badlands!
    She is a trouble maker!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    I remember distinctively when the Captain of the Guard disobeyed her father by going to the Badlands!
    She is a trouble maker!
    And that time when she couldn't get the teleporter to work, so she quit her job and ran off to the Eternian wilderness!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    4 more days! Seriously pumped for this!
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Heroic Warrior
    It was far worse in the MYP reboot
    I don't necessarily think that's true, especially if you read the comics that were out at the time based on that show, where they were quite close. There's a difference between teasing your best friend and disrespecting them. Plus I believe Teela knew who he was deep down, she just was frustrated he wouldn't admit to it. All the clues are there in that show, to say nothing of the fact she figured the secret out pretty quickly and had to be convinced otherwise at the last minute.

As for the original series, yes, Teela's temperament got the better of her, but she got over a lot of her issues by the end of an episode and learned a lesson, she'd have her fits, huffs etc, but she'd come back to the palace or Adam and have a laugh with everyone else over a corny joke, ready for the next day.

I also don't get why her 'disrespecting' Adam in the franchise is used to justify her big tantrum in Revelation, Teela is Adam's best friend since childhood, she had many moments where she was light with him as well as frustrated. Hell there's moments in the Filmation and the older comics where they're clearly out on dates or picnics (Just read an old text story where she tries asking him to dance at a social gala). This is a character who might have one or two harsh things to say to what she perceives to be annoying traits about him, but it's not a level of 'disrespect', she cares about him and his well-being and wants him to grow into a strong leader capable of keeping himself, and all of Eternia, safe. She wants the best for him, that's not 'disrespect', that's love.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I think there's a good mile or so of Acceptable Middle Ground between "she gets over it in five seconds" and "she throws a fit to go sulk in the woods for _____ months/years/however long it'll be.
    Exactly. If this was Filmation, she'd be gone for a few hours, not a few years, and Adam would probably have went after her too, so this isn't a good look for him either.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; July 19, 2021 at 05:16am.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    I don't necessarily think that's true, especially if you read the comics that were out at the time based on that show, where they were quite close. There's a difference between teasing your best friend and disrespecting them. Plus I believe Teela knew who he was deep down, she just was frustrated he wouldn't admit to it. All the clues are there in that show, to say nothing of the fact she figured the secret out pretty quickly and had to be convinced otherwise at the last minute.

As for the original series, yes, Teela's temperament got the better of her, but she got over a lot of her issues by the end of an episode and learned a lesson, she'd have her fits, huffs etc, but she'd come back to the palace or Adam and have a laugh with everyone else over a corny joke, ready for the next day.

I also don't get why her 'disrespecting' Adam in the franchise is used to justify her big tantrum in Revelation, Teela is Adam's best friend since childhood, she had many moments where she was light with him as well as frustrated. Hell there's moments in the Filmation and the older comics where they're clearly out on dates or picnics (Just read an old text story where she tries asking him to dance at a social gala). This is a character who might have one or two harsh things to say to what she perceives to be annoying traits about him, but it's not a level of 'disrespect', she cares about him and his well-being and wants him to grow into a strong leader capable of keeping himself, and all of Eternia, safe. She wants the best for him, that's not 'disrespect', that's love.

Exactly. If this was Filmation, she'd be gone for a few hours, not a few years, and Adam would probably have went after her too, so this isn't a good look for him either.
    If she knew who he was she'd have told him and actively helped him, not making snide remarks about his supposed cowardice and incompetence. As for the tantrum, we don't know exactly what will cause it. We know it will be worse than usual because she is going to find out about Adam and have a whole sorceress legacy dropped on her out of nowhere. And maybe something happens during the battle that makes her think it could have been avoided if she had been told. Maybe she is angry at her dad for encouraging her to follow in his footsteps when he knew damn well she'd have to throw everything away eventually.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayal92 View Post
    If she knew who he was she'd have told him and actively helped him, not making snide remarks about his supposed cowardice and incompetence
    People can react that way depending on how they feel towards the traits of the people they care about. Why would someone like Adam display cowardice and incompetence when the person closest to them knows they're not that kind of person? Why keep up the pretence and not be truthful about it? We hear it from Teela in the Revelation trailer, she dedicates her life to that of truth because she knows secrets and lies end up 'swallowing you whole'.

It also goes back to the Mary Jane analogies. She knew who Peter Parker was from the beginning, but never confessed until long after Gwen Stacy had died and their first romantic relationship had came and went. In that time, MJ made snide remarks and 'disrespected' Peter several times whenever he came up short in their first relationship. She was particular 'catty' about him to Gwen when he tried to confess to all of his friends he was Spider-Man also back when Gwen and George were alive....but we know from history she did it to protect her own feelings. not wanting to display any sort of weakness that would force her to confess anything about her personal life and how hurt she was by it.

Teela can very much be doing the same, putting up a 'front' to disguise how hurt she is by Adam not being truthful, not just with her, but also with himself. He is in some ways being very cowardly and incompetent by not letting other people in, as it could lead to tenser situations that could be diffused if he just says something or proves something.

I don't know, I just think Teela being concerned/critical of Adam doesn't come from a lack of respect, it can come from knowing he's more than what he appears and wanting to coheres him into bringing that out of himself, entirely of his own accord. She's not going to put him on the spot by confessing she knows. She feels he's got to make that decision himself.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; July 19, 2021 at 07:05am.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    People can react that way depending on how they feel towards the traits of the people they care about. Why would someone like Adam display cowardice and incompetence when the person closest to them knows they're not that kind of person? Why keep up the pretence and not be truthful about it? We hear it from Teela in the Revelation trailer, she dedicates her life to that of truth because she knows secrets and lies end up 'swallowing you whole'.

It also goes back to the Mary Jane analogies. She knew who Peter Parker was from the beginning, but never confessed until long after Gwen Stacy had died and their first romantic relationship had came and went. In that time, MJ made snide remarks and 'disrespected' Peter several times whenever he came up short in their first relationship. She was particular 'catty' about him to Gwen when he tried to confess to all of his friends he was Spider-Man also back when Gwen and George were alive....but we know from history she did it to protect her own feelings. not wanting to display any sort of weakness that would force her to confess anything about her personal life and how hurt she was by it.

Teela can very much be doing the same, putting up a 'front' to disguise how hurt she is by Adam not being truthful, not just with her, but also with himself. He is in some ways being very cowardly and incompetent by not letting other people in, as it could lead to tenser situations that could be diffused if he just says something or proves something.

I don't know, I just think Teela being concerned/critical of Adam doesn't come from a lack of respect, it can come from knowing he's more than what he appears and wanting to coheres him into bringing that out of himself, entirely of his own accord. She's not going to put him on the spot by confessing she knows. She feels he's got to make that decision himself.
    It'd be shortsighted and dumb of her to assume Adam has no reason to keep his identity a secret. She doesn't know where the power came from or how Adam got it, he could be under a binding magical contract that forces him to not reveal himself for all she knows. It'd be on her, as the person who figured it out, to tell him she knows and ask for an explanation. It'd be even worse considering she is his bodyguard, she is around him most of the time, which means letting him waste time making excuses or sneaking past her when he needs to transform. She'd be actively hindering his job, which is why I don't believe she has ever figured it out, she is also too straightforward to not just demand him to explain himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    4 more days! Seriously pumped for this!
    I feel the same! I have been watching the 200X show every day for about a week now to get pumped for it. Also reading a lot of mini comics and other old comics.

I am very stoked for this!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

It's very easy to imagine that something really bad will happen in the first episode that will be a direct result of Adam and the gang having kept this secret from Teela.

You guys keep calling it a tantrum when it could in fact be anger over a death or some over major loss.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."