Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Marvel's What If... ?

Heroic Warrior
    comic books were doing just fine long before the new Marvel movies which only consists of Avengers this and Avengers that.

I was a teenager in the 1990s and comic books were doing fine and I still think Marvel was conning everyone with the so called bankruptcy stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by urrutiap View Post
    comic books were doing just fine long before the new Marvel movies which only consists of Avengers this and Avengers that.

I was a teenager in the 1990s and comic books were doing fine and I still think Marvel was conning everyone with the so called bankruptcy stunt.
    The comics were mostly crap through the early to mid 90's (baring a few good tings like X-Men), got better in the late 90's/early 2000's. Then Disassembled in the mid 2000's happened and they became even worse than they were before and never recovered.

There's million things I could rant about, in regards to post Disassembled Marvel and while it was by no means bereft of good books, said books have been the minority.

And let us not forget Spider-man spent most the early to mid 90's dealing with this clown.

Last edited by A Dalek; September 13, 2021 at 04:26pm.

Heroic Warrior
    mid and late 1990s Marvel stuff for Spider-Man were and still alot better than the dumb crap from the 21st century such as making deals with Mephisto etc.

My opinion anyway

Quote Originally Posted by urrutiap View Post
    mid and late 1990s Marvel stuff for Spider-Man were and still alot better than the dumb crap from the 21st century such as making deals with Mephisto etc.

My opinion anyway
    Hence why I said post Disassembles Marvel sucked.

I really liked the first four episodes, but I'm skipping the zombie one I think. I've never been a fan of zombies, and I don't get the fascination with the genre. But, to each their own.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I really liked the first four episodes, but I'm skipping the zombie one I think. I've never been a fan of zombies, and I don't get the fascination with the genre. But, to each their own.
    I'm usually the same way. Just not a zombie fan at all. However, for this episode I heard:

That the Hulk plays a big role and is actually "the Hulk" for a bit which I sorely miss and want to see. I'll watch it for that reason alone.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Hot Toys What If…? 1/6th scale Captain Carter Collectible Figure

Even though she isn't showing up until 2023 (!!!), I will be pre-ordering as soon as available...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Honestly I'm getting kind of sick of the everything goes wrong and everybody dies approach. It's starting to get pretty tiresome.

I'm still loving the series... it's shaping up to be my favorite of the D+/MCU shows.

Just that problem of each episode being too short. The Killmonger one didn't even have an actual ending. I know they're all coming together to form an Avengers multiverse supergroup, but still... I'd like a proper ending to the episode with some sort of resolution.
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Honestly I'm getting kind of sick of the everything goes wrong and everybody dies approach. It's starting to get pretty tiresome.
    It is getting depressing, and I am starting to hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    I'm still loving the series... it's shaping up to be my favorite of the D+/MCU shows.

Just that problem of each episode being too short. The Killmonger one didn't even have an actual ending. I know they're all coming together to form an Avengers multiverse supergroup, but still... I'd like a proper ending to the episode with some sort of resolution.
    I agree. What If...? is definitely my favorite of all the Disney+ shows so far.

I completely understand the criticism toward the dark and gritty stories... it's a shame that this has been the overarching theme of the series when so many other ideas can/could be used (Pepper Potts as Iron Maiden? for example...)

The Killmonger episode is, by far, the weakest for me. Mostly because this is the story we already saw in the actual Black Panther movie! Yes, there is a lot of death, but Killmonger wanting to take his place in Wakanda and become the Panther, by any means necessary, is something we already saw...

By the end of the episode I just wanted him to get torn to shreds by someone, anyone, for whom I actually cared.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I agree. What If...? is definitely my favorite of all the Disney+ shows so far.

I completely understand the criticism toward the dark and gritty stories... it's a shame that this has been the overarching theme of the series when so many other ideas can/could be used (Pepper Potts as Iron Maiden? for example...)

The Killmonger episode is, by far, the weakest for me. Mostly because this is the story we already saw in the actual Black Panther movie! Yes, there is a lot of death, but Killmonger wanting to take his place in Wakanda and become the Panther, by any means necessary, is something we already saw...

By the end of the episode I just wanted him to get torn to shreds by someone, anyone, for whom I actually cared.
    This is one that I felt was too short. I don't mind the 'what if Kilmonger won' concept. Those where just a few domino's get moved and everything plays out different are some of my favorites. But we didn't REALLY get to see an ramifications. No Iron Man... Was there an Avengers without him? How did Thanos play out without Iron Man?

What happened AFTER he got control of Wakanda... THOSE were the real questions...

Heroic Warrior
    Dr strange episode was the best yet. Wasn't feeling the last one. Didn't care for the zombie one as I think zombies been played out since thriller.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Dr strange episode was the best yet. Wasn't feeling the last one. Didn't care for the zombie one as I think zombies been played out since thriller.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    My biggest issue with Dr. Strange one.... was the core concept. It implied that Christine HAD to die for Strange to achieve his rightful place... That everytime he changed the universe and altered the timeline he just couldn't save her. Her death HAD to happen and no time travel/multiverse could change that.

When in the 'real' timeline that never came close to happening. For a single world that's fine... but tying that into multiverse, time travel, fixed points and all that.,.. it didn't click with me. What If should be about changing one thing and dealing with consequences... not changing one thing, then trying to change it back.

Technically, if Dr. Strange stopped Christine from getting in the car and dying... then it should have played out exactly like the original movie did.

If it had been preventing Ancient One's death, or Thanos Snap, or preventing his hands getting broken, or trying to undo something that was already established... and it all led to the same episode I'd have liked it a lot more.

I'm glad we finally got an episode that wasn't all doom and gloom. I know some people have been hating on this week's episode but I thought it was really fun and it's relentless silliness was refreshing after the last few.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I'm glad we finally got an episode that wasn't all doom and gloom. I know some people have been hating on this week's episode but I thought it was really fun and it's relentless silliness was refreshing after the last few.
    I personally find all the episodes humorous to different degrees. Marvel Zombies was pretty funny in a Shaun of the Dead type way.

The Party Thor episode was more traditionally funny and it was fun. For those who thought all the other episodes were too dark, I hope this was the breath of fresh air needed to continue with this awesome series.
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    This series should be retitled "...And Everyone Died," because that is how every episode concludes, even the positive ones.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    I personally find all the episodes humorous to different degrees. Marvel Zombies was pretty funny in a Shaun of the Dead type way.

The Party Thor episode was more traditionally funny and it was fun. For those who thought all the other episodes were too dark, I hope this was the breath of fresh air needed to continue with this awesome series.
    YES!!

The Party Thor episode is phenomenal!

I was grinning ear-to-ear through the whole thing! And, Captain Marvel is awesome in this!

But,

holy smokes!! That Vision-Infinity-Ultron looks freaky! (But cool as hell!)

GREAT episode!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    YES!!

The Party Thor episode is phenomenal!

I was grinning ear-to-ear through the whole thing! And, Captain Marvel is awesome in this!

But,

GREAT episode!!
    Very happy to hear!

I'm wondering if the Multiverse Avengers crossover will take up two episodes or just the final episode?

Okay... that last episode was just BAD. @ZZ!

That was a really fun watch... from beginning to end. And, the action was top notch!

Two things though:

1. Where the heck was Zombie-Hunter Spidey?!? I though for sure that he was going to be added to the Guardians of the Multiverse team...
    2. I'm SOOOOO happy that Killmonger will live all of existence in a tiny orb, locked in constant combat with a Hydra Program. He deserves nothing else.

Also, Thor really stole some of the scenes for me!

I liked the Captain Carter and Thor episodes, but that was honestly it. The rest I thought was very bland and boring and I honestly dislike Multiverse stories as much as time travel stories.

The finale reminds me of "What If The Watcher Saved The Multiverse?"
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    I gotta say I enjoyed the show quite a lot. Yeah some episodes were not as good as others but they were all definitely high quality in terms of animation. I think had they been able to use all the heroes and villains under their belt they could’ve have made some great episodes. But they only used characters we had already seen. Had they used x-men f4 spidey etc they would’ve been able to expand the what if stories