Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: G.I.JOE Ultimates by Super7

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar

G.I.JOE Ultimates by Super7

It's official, G.I.JOE Ultimates are happening!

Details on the first wave....

https://preorder.super7store.com/?go...eid=a713107fd9

UL-GIJoe_W1_group_hero_2048_820x.jpg

Real American Heroes deserve real awesome collectibles! Super7 is proud to announce the debut of the cartoon-inspired G.I. Joe ULTIMATES! collection!

These made-to-order, highly articulated, deluxe 7” scale figures highlight some of the most memorable characters from G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero. Duke, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, and the Cobra B.A.T. ULTIMATES! figures all come with a variety of interchangeable parts and accessories no G.I. Joe fan or collector will want to be without!

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    It's official, G.I.JOE Ultimates are happening!

Details on the first wave....

https://preorder.super7store.com/?go...eid=a713107fd9

UL-GIJoe_W1_group_hero_2048_820x.jpg

Real American Heroes deserve real awesome collectibles! Super7 is proud to announce the debut of the cartoon-inspired G.I. Joe ULTIMATES! collection!

These made-to-order, highly articulated, deluxe 7” scale figures highlight some of the most memorable characters from G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero. Duke, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, and the Cobra B.A.T. ULTIMATES! figures all come with a variety of interchangeable parts and accessories no G.I. Joe fan or collector will want to be without!
    Those do look very nice.
    I really like the Snake Eyes.
    Cobra Commander should have his hooded head included.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Those do look very nice.
    I really like the Snake Eyes.
    Cobra Commander should have his hooded head included.
    Yeah, why no hooded head? Otherwise, they do look good.

I'll be honest I'm a little ticked at them putting these out so close to the Silverhawks figures. I think I'd have been more likely to buy at least some of these had I not just put down so much money on figures I don't even know when I'll get.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    These look great for what they are, and I'm sure this is exactly what a lot of people wanted. These probably would have been the perfect toys for me when I was a kid. Nowadays, however, it's not really what I'm looking for, especially in a world where Classified exist at half the cost. If Classified didn't exist, I'd probably be far more interested. Even still, it's conceivable that I could get some. I could definitely see myself getting a Sunbow Scarlett.

And why the heck does Cobra Commander have two heads and one of them isn't hooded. What the heck.

Dice: If you like these more than the Silverhawks, can't you just cancel your order and preorder these instead?

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    BUT WHERE'S THE VAC METAL?? SHOULDN'T THESE BE SHINY???? DARN YOU, SUPER 7!!!

Oh wait.... wrong thread.

But seriously, I wish they had done this sort of reveal with Silverhawks. Like, have actual figures for us to look at. Sigh.

I'm not a fan of this property but those figures are really nice.

-Johnny C
    Last edited by JohnnyC; July 15, 2021 at 04:07pm.

These are pure perfection - they look exactly how they should. I feel like I've waited most of my life for classic cartoon accurate Joes! I'm all in. I'm still surprised that Hasbro agreed to this, but whatever, the fans win in the end with more options. If only Mattel would stop being so anal about suspending the MOTU license for Super7, we could get more Classics/Club Grayskull...

These look cool... I always like to see figures that represent what I was looking at every weekday after school.

I'm just surprised that Hasbro isn't adding animated versions of characters to their Classified line... it seems so strange that they would give up this huge money-maker.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    Dice: If you like these more than the Silverhawks, can't you just cancel your order and preorder these instead?
    I'm much more excited for the Silverhawks so I'll just keep those. But Super 7 lost a little business that they might have otherwise gotten

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    These look cool... I always like to see figures that represent what I was looking at every weekday after school.
    Yeah, that's the appeal for me as well. Did Snake Eyes never use a sword in the cartoon?? My memories are a lie!
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Just placed my preorder with BBTS for the first wave and an extra B.A.T. They look great and I hope they still will once in hand!

Now, bring on the vehicles!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Got to admit those are nice.

To pricey for me. Though I would like to get them though.

No. You didn't misspeak. You got the right thread. What's wrong with having an alt head that's vac metal?

Maybe a pack in with pimp daddy Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    BUT WHERE'S THE VAC METAL?? SHOULDN'T THESE BE SHINY???? DARN YOU, SUPER 7!!!

Oh wait.... wrong thread.

But seriously, I wish they had done this sort of reveal with Silverhawks. Like, have actual figures for us to look at. Sigh.

I'm not a fan of this property but those figures are really nice.

-Johnny C

Heroic Warrior
    And why the heck does Cobra Commander have two heads and one of them isn't hooded. What the heck.
    The look is inspired by the M.A.S.S. Device mini-series (and partly the original toy), where he doesn't have a hood. And gives Super7 an out to sell us a hooded version later, of course.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Yeah I feel you on the hooded head. My guess is they want to get some mileage out of that tooling. The two heads are for the Sunbow cartoon vs og toy accuracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    The look is inspired by the M.A.S.S. Device mini-series (and partly the original toy), where he doesn't have a hood. And gives Super7 an out to sell us a hooded version later, of course.
    Bingo! Spot on.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    An "Ultimate" Cobra Commander should have a hooded head... especially at $55 a pop. Get rid of the un-stripped helmeted head if need be...

That's kinda lousy of Super7 if they are going to try to sell folks another $55 Cobra Commander to get a hooded head.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Pre-ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Yeah, why no hooded head? Otherwise, they do look good.
    What I'm about to say is not something that I'm making up or attempting to steer into a political discussion, but a Hooded CC may be something that we never see again.

Someone more in tune with what goes on over at Hisstank or Joes in general may be able to shed some more light on the subject, but rumor has it that *some* feel that the hooded version is too close to the look of the KKK and Hasbro may retire it.

It could just be an urban legend, but that story has been around for awhile now and wouldn't you know, I don't think that there's been a Hooded CC for quite awhile either.....

I know you can do Morse Code on a Walkie Talkie...but it is a strange accessory for Snake Eyes.

That Snake Eyes figure is beautiful though, always liked the unique look from the first 5 episodes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    What I'm about to say is not something that I'm making up or attempting to steer into a political discussion, but a Hooded CC may be something that we never see again.

Someone more in tune with what goes on over at Hisstank or Joes in general may be able to shed some more light on the subject, but rumor has it that *some* feel that the hooded version is too close to the look of the KKK and Hasbro may retire it.

It could just be an urban legend, but that story has been around for awhile now and wouldn't you know, I don't think that there's been a Hooded CC for quite awhile either.....
    I also heard that rumour. I don't think there has been a hooded Cobra Commander since 2008/2009.
    Personally I prefer the helmet and face plate but he did wear the hood in quite a few episodes of the cartoon so it would make sense to include it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I'm much more excited for the Silverhawks so I'll just keep those. But Super 7 lost a little business that they might have otherwise gotten
    You could preorder on BBTS. That way you could save up your money for them for a year and a half.

On the Cobra Commander topic:
    I know the non-stripe head is supposed to be toy accurate, but who wants toy accurate in a line that is PURELY CARTOON? It's a bizarre inclusion to me. Having the pointless second head, instead of the hooded head just makes it insulting.
    Last edited by Sword2Blanket; July 15, 2021 at 07:14pm.

And now suddenly I want to collect GI Joe Figures.
    I even like the looks of the ReAction figures.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Just placed my preorder with BBTS for the first wave and an extra B.A.T. They look great and I hope they still will once in hand!

Now, bring on the vehicles!
    Yes! Preorder the Super 7 U.S.S. Flagg. Only $125,000.00 plus $599.00 Shipping & handling.

Seriously though... can you imagine any of the Joe vehicles in this line? The prices would be / will be astronomical!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    And now suddenly I want to collect GI Joe Figures.
    I even like the looks of the ReAction figures.
    They are cool, but almost twenty bucks a pop?!?

ReAction prices have been going up for a long time now... for me, they're getting hard to justify.

I would love a Hasbro animated line like this one in their 3.75" series...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    DEER GAWD ALL MIGHTY!

Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?

I've stayed quiet like a good little boy. Like a good little poster.

But not now.

This is flipping ridiculous. And stupid.

If the mods have to delete then delete it. Just don't alter it. Don't ask me to alter it cause I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I also heard that rumour. I don't think there has been a hooded Cobra Commander since 2008/2009.
    I've heard rumors about phasing out the hood too, but I don't really buy it. There have definitely been hooded Commanders since 2009. Just off the top of my head, the ultimate CC from retaliation came with a hooded head as did one of the 50th anniversary figures. Kid Robot had a hooded CC in their little GI Joe vs Transformers mini figure things. The little mini metal figures in Walmarts across the country RIGHT NOW have hooded CC. He's also hooded in the ARAH comic almost all the time, even when he's on the cover.
    Last edited by Sword2Blanket; July 15, 2021 at 09:30pm.

Widget

I have heard the same thing. That said, being a $55 nostalgia collectible SHOULD open the door to Super7 being allowed to do things that Hasbro wouldn't do with a mass retail line.

I want a Sunbow Spirit to pose as Storm Shadow's rival on my Super7 shelf, for example, even if Hasbro's mainline plans for Spirit would be a complete revamp or nonexistent.

Being a made-to-order, nostalgia based line should allow for leeway with Spirit or Cobra Commander's hood. To me, that's the selling point here: it's vintage.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yes! Preorder the Super 7 U.S.S. Flagg. Only $125,000.00 plus $599.00 Shipping & handling.

Seriously though... can you imagine any of the Joe vehicles in this line? The prices would be / will be astronomical!

If this line is successful to the point of their Thundercats line (with their Thundertank), I could see Super7 releasing a Skystriker jet with exclusive Ace figure or a Wolverine tank with exclusive Cover Girl for the Joes and a H.I.S.S. Tank with H.I.S.S. Driver or a Rattler with Wild Weasel.

But more likely, they could release the smaller vehicles such as the RAM cycle, Armadillo tank, F.A.N.G. Copter, a Trubble Bubble (Flight pod) or C.L.A.W.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    ...a Wolverine tank with exclusive Cover Girl...
    Blonde or redhead?