Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattel MOTU Summer Exclusives - Masterverse Scare Glow, Hot Wheels, Mega Collabs

Mattel MOTU Summer Exclusives - Masterverse Scare Glow, Hot Wheels, Mega Collabs

Mattel's MOTU Comic-Con exclusives will go up for sale on their Mattel Creations direct-to-consumer platform on Thursday, July 22 at 9am PST / 12 pm EST.

Check out the descriptions and images below:

--------------------
    MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE MASTERVERSE SCARE GLOW ($35.00 USD)

THE REVELATION BEGINS

Your favorite resident of Subternia is making a Comic-Con comeback! This collector-grade Scare Glow features a glow-in-the-dark skeleton, 30 highly articulated joints, an extra set of hands, and a fully posable fabric cape! And of course, we didn't forget his Scythe of Doom."

--------------------
    HOT WHEELS MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE WIND RAIDER VS. LAND SHARK ($35.00 USD)

THE BATTLE FOR ETERNIA COMES TO A HEAD.

Grab yourself a front-row seat to the ultimate demolition derby between good and evil. He-Man's go-to ride with its signature olive-green hull, golden wings, and skull deco is ready to take on Skeletor and his menacing Land Shark, with its moth-chomping hood and mounted weapons bristling off its back. Both include mini figures of MOTU's legendary warriors for realistic, Eternia-style warfare.

--------------------
    MEGA COLLABS. MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE BATTLE LABBIT ($50.00 USD)

THE MOST POWERFUL LABBIT IN THE UNIVERSE!

After the hugely successful MEGA Collabs Labbit, our designers couldn't wait to reunite with famed pop artist Frank Kozik to bring the all-new Battle Labbit to life! Stylized as it appears in the all-new Masters of the Universe: Revelation, Battle Labbit features Kozik's iconic, curvy aesthetic but also comes ready to fight with war paint, helmet, and armor accessories - plus some He-Man Easter egg weapons for good measure, too.

Wow! I really like this. Interesting how they executed the half swords combining into one. He looks great. I wonder why they’re doing him as an exclusive, but I’m gonna get one for sure!
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

This is my favorite thing to come out of Revelation/Masterverse yet and I doubt Mattel will be able to top it! Fingers crossed there's an ample amount to go around and that it doesn't sell out in two seconds.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

This is a really good Scareglow figure, and the best Masterverse figure yet.

Welp I lied. Looks like I will be buying this line.
    Instagram: dadhausen

Wow! He looks awesome! I really, really hope they've planned for how popular this guy will be.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

This might be blasphemous to say but it might be my favorite look for Scareglow yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MayorHaggar21 View Post
    This might be blasphemous to say but it might be my favorite look for Scareglow yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    It's not at all... it's a fantastic update! I love that they were able to take what Mondo did and improve upon it for a 6" figure.
    Last edited by zodak74; July 16, 2021 at 12:37pm.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Will this be through Mattel’s site on the 22nd?

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    Will this be through Mattel’s site on the 22nd?
    "Product will be for sale on Mattel Creations, Mattel’s collaboration and direct-to-consumer platform, on Thursday, July 22 at 9am PST / 12pm EST" that's via a release I read

edit: "Figure comes with posable cape and scythe of doom, plus extra hands. Special LED packaging includes purple and white lights that brilliantly display the glow-in-the-dark effect!"
    Last edited by DadStrong; July 16, 2021 at 01:23pm.
    Instagram: dadhausen

Haven't had a chance to watch but Ruben shows off the packaging:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRZOuEFj0jU/

- - - Updated - - -

The cape is posable (bendy wire included) per Ruben.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Are they putting a limit on these? I thought I saw they were limiting some of the other items...

Is he glow in the dark, or is that just great lighting in the photos?

Heroic Warrior
    After some deliberation, I've decided I'm gonna get this if I can. Imo the gitd on black does a better job of conveying what it is.

Idk how to feel about the sword, though. Idk, I would have preferred two swords that don't connect so they can look more like the ones from the show

Quote Originally Posted by Man-At-Arms82 View Post
    Is he glow in the dark, or is that just great lighting in the photos?
    The figure seems to be mostly cast in plastic with glow in the dark paint (similar to the Mondo figure) although the head is cast in glow in the dark plastic. That's what a got from this video https://www.instagram.com/p/CRZOuEFj0jU/
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    All I have to say to all the new MOTU collectors who missed out on ordering DOS for Classics on Mattycollector: Welcome to Thunderdome *****es!
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

I'll always prefer the vintage look, but this is a nice figure.

That combined sword is HUGE!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    The figure seems to be mostly cast in plastic with glow in the dark paint (similar to the Mondo figure) although the head is cast in glow in the dark plastic. That's what a got from this video https://www.instagram.com/p/CRZOuEFj0jU/

Ah, cool. That raises the appeal quite significantly for me. One more question though, do the swords have some glow in the dark?

Quote Originally Posted by Man-At-Arms82 View Post
    Ah, cool. That raises the appeal quite significantly for me. One more question though, do the swords have some glow in the dark?
    Not sure but I hope we will know before the figure comes out
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Pretty cool figure, though I won't go so far as to say it's my favorite version of Scareglow. Just hope I can get it and the other MOTU exclusives relatively easily.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Oh boy, I hope this is readily available and not something that instantly sells out.

I also hope we get word whether or not there will be a retail version. I want the figure, but I don't really care to pay for packaging that has lights in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    "Product will be for sale on Mattel Creations, Mattel’s collaboration and direct-to-consumer platform, on Thursday, July 22 at 9am PST / 12pm EST" that's via a release I read
    Great. I'll be at work.
    Last edited by Stratos88; July 16, 2021 at 04:03pm.

Looks like a great consolation prize for anyone that missed out on the Mondo Scareglow

… and suddenly the Masterverse body looks really good!
    Perhaps because some of the joints are hidden now…?
    The proportions of head to body works quite well here I think.

I might wish there would be more… bones on him. I love how clearly they are drawn this time, but in some poses there is not much… bone. Inside of his arms. The knee caps especially could use a white area; boots and loincloth hide some bone, too.

But it is a sharp looking figure even still.
    Hm….

(I BET he comes as a regular figure, too. But perhaps not as Revelation? But with monster feet instead?)

I really HOPE we are able to purchase the Mattel Creations items without being faced with instant sellouts.

Also, it looks to me like the arms and legs are cast in a translucent purple while the torso is flat black.

Not sure if this was answered already but is there a limit per customer?
    Also the best Masterverse character so far
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP