Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Mattel MOTU Summer Exclusives - Masterverse Scare Glow, Hot Wheels, Mega Collabs

Hmmm, you'd almost think that something innovative like a subscription could mitigate these rapid, stressful sell-outs - it's not like that didn't work for a dozen years for Classics, no, not at all...

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Same man! I was super stressed after missing out on everything from Powercon but the Toy Gods blessed me today lol.
    So the Toy Gods must be displeased with me, huh? I got nothing..

Quote Originally Posted by BushLady View Post
    Too funny! I failed on the traffic light, then failed on the boat (going too fast), but got the bike captcha.
    Luckily I was still was able to secure a Scare glow.
    This is all total random. I sat in a queue for minutes, when I was ready to checkout finally Scare Glow was gone. I was there right from the start and already logged in.

Whatever, maybe regular Scare Glow will be the same without the funny box.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    This is all total random. I sat in a queue for minutes, when I was ready to checkout finally Scare Glow was gone. I was there right from the start and already logged in.

Whatever, maybe regular Scare Glow will be the same without the funny box.
    Maybe regular Scareglow will be even better anyways and actually glow all over.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    If this Scareglow were cast in glow in the dark plastic like the Origins one, it would actually be a cooler figure in my opinion. Glow in the dark plastic is always better than the paint. Let's hope they release a retail version like that. This exclusive box however, can't be beat.

Soooo many on eBay... 35 atm

What a joke!

Anyway, It dropped at like 2am here. I decided a few days ago that I didn't really want it, I've got the Mondo and Classics version anyway. If it was an easy buy I probably would have got it for the cool box but I don't really like the colours on the actual figure....to green and its weird only his head glows.

I'll probably pass even when they do a retail launch (unless he has white bones) , the only thing interesting was the box imo.

Anyway, sorry for those that wanted him and missed out....there has to be a better way to get these things to fans and not scalpers.

In a hilarious twist of fate, Mattel screwed up and didnít get my $100 for figures but NECA got a $175 from me instead for the TMNT set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Soooo many on eBay... 35 atm

What a joke!

Anyway, It dropped at like 2am here. I decided a few days ago that I didn't really want it, I've got the Mondo and Classics version anyway. If it was an easy buy I probably would have got it for the cool box but I don't really like the colours on the actual figure....to green and its weird only his head glows.

I'll probably pass even when they do a retail launch (unless he has white bones) , the only thing interesting was the box imo.

Anyway, sorry for those that wanted him and missed out....there has to be a better way to get these things to fans and not scalpers.
    They should return to the mail aways:

“Masterverse Scareglow! Yours free with 6 proof-of-purchases from Origins He-Man and 6 proof-of-purchases from Origins Skeletor! *Does not include shipping and handling. State and local taxes may apply. Offer expires October 31, 2021.”

Get the glut off the shelves, at least!

Got in and out no problem. Grabbed two. Hoping I can swing a trade with someone who missed on this but has extra Power-Con figs since I missed Faker and the Accessory pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Got in and out no problem. Grabbed two. Hoping I can swing a trade with someone who missed on this but has extra Power-Con figs since I missed Faker and the Accessory pack.
    EXTRA Power-con figures???

Shocked that I was able to acquire 2 earlier today and happy for it- Scare Glow's always been a favorite and this is one of his best iterations in any line yet. I plan on using my spare as trade fodder to get a hold of the elusive Power-Con Exclusives, of which I was not so lucky to get.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Who tf is the Bad Robot action figure for? It's a logo. It's not even a mascot, it's a logo. That'd be like releasing an action figure of the McDonald's M.

I don't get it. It's not like an actual character, it doesn't have a story anyone would know if they didn't watch the press release. It doesn't have a personality. It's just a logo. It's seriously like if they made an action figure of Wendy from Wendy's or the star from Carl's Jr/Hardee's (is the star named Carl?). Idk, it's really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Who tf is the Bad Robot action figure for? It's a logo. It's not even a mascot, it's a logo. That'd be like releasing an action figure of the McDonald's M.

I don't get it. It's not like an actual character, it doesn't have a story anyone would know if they didn't watch the press release. It doesn't have a personality. It's just a logo. It's seriously like if they made an action figure of Wendy from Wendy's or the star from Carl's Jr/Hardee's (is the star named Carl?). Idk, it's really weird.
    It's been seen animated. It has limbs. There is a bit of a precedence of robots being made into toys/action figures. I agree a little about the corporatism thing, but its not that far off from any toy of any corporate owned IP.

Hell, I could go for a really nice Mayor McCheese figure. mmm.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Who tf is the Bad Robot action figure for?
    Itís for people who like all their favorite franchises ruined by a single man who can start a story but canít finish it.

I think itís interesting that I can do the Haslab Galactus which will likely come with four figures for the cost of three of the 2021 eBay Scalper Exclusive Scareglows.

What a stupid world we live in.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    I think itís interesting that I can do the Haslab Galactus which will likely come with four figures for the cost of three of the 2021 eBay Scalper Exclusive Scareglows.

What a stupid world we live in.

"ebay scalper exclusive" That's a keeper.

On the bright side, Revelations is going to suck, so in no time at all you'll suddenly be okay with missing him.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiEternia He-Man View Post
    Itís for people who like all their favorite franchises ruined by a single man who can start a story but canít finish it.
    good stuff.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    "ebay scalper exclusive" That's a keeper.

On the bright side, Revelations is going to suck, so in no time at all you'll suddenly be okay with missing him.
    Tfw Revelations ended up being really good and Scareglow was one of the best parts.

Although, the presumably exclusive accessory makes no sense within the context of the show (like, he only had the dark half of the sword in the show). Also, the packaging doesn't make sense because there never was a Scareglow book (unless it's supposed to be a Trollan library book).

So this is either based on part two, the prequel comic, or they just made packaging and extra accessory up.

Imo a Scareglow and Orko two pack would have been much better, have it do a light show with some voice lines, and it would have been 10/10.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Had to do some clean up in here, gang. Remember this thread is about the toys - not the show. Thank you for staying on topic.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

Iím shocked more people arenít upset at the fast sell out of scareglow. Maybe because a regular figure is coming soon?
    Comedian on the matty forums.

That likely has much to do with it. That leak probably assuaged many hurt feelings! It also probably helps that this sale was apparently not a bloodbath on the scale of so many other recent online sales events.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    That likely has much to do with it. That leak probably assuaged many hurt feelings! It also probably helps that this sale was apparently not a bloodbath on the scale of so many other recent online sales events.
    What are you talking about? The Scareglow figure sold out in less than 5 minutes. The Sgt. Slaughter figure sold out in less time than that. There was no live in-person SDCC event this year. All the figures produced had to be sold online. Either they produced a very small amount or the resellers got them via bots. On sale day, I was put in a queue that lasted minutes and others got through in seconds. That's ********! There's still no viable explanation for that.

Being screwed like that, I'm not gonna buy a ****ing single Masterverse figure.

**** Mattel!

Mattel uploaded some nice pics of the Wind Raider and indeed Scare Glow.
    I did all the art for both of these...which of course really adds to the value right...riiiiight?!

They both sold out now of course but these pics are better.

Screenshot 2021-07-22 at 17.16.14.jpg

6_HCB07_PIP_21_0127PDP_1000_1500x.jpg

7_HCB07_PIP_21_0139PDP_1000_1500x.jpg

8_HCB07_PIP_21_0140PDP_1000_1500x.jpg

10_HCB07_PIP_21_0148PDP_1000_1500x.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Mattel uploaded some nice pics of the Wind Raider and indeed Scare Glow.
    I did all the art for both of these...which of course really adds to the value right...riiiiight?!

They both sold out now of course but these pics are better.

Screenshot 2021-07-22 at 17.16.14.jpg

6_HCB07_PIP_21_0127PDP_1000_1500x.jpg

7_HCB07_PIP_21_0139PDP_1000_1500x.jpg

8_HCB07_PIP_21_0140PDP_1000_1500x.jpg

10_HCB07_PIP_21_0148PDP_1000_1500x.jpg
    Stunning. I am so excited and honored to be getting both of these. Fantastic job!
    Comedian on the matty forums.