Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 184

Thread: Mattel MOTU Summer Exclusives - Masterverse Scare Glow, Hot Wheels, Mega Collabs

  1. #151
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,382
    Hmmm, you'd almost think that something innovative like a subscription could mitigate these rapid, stressful sell-outs - it's not like that didn't work for a dozen years for Classics, no, not at all...


  2. #152
    Heroic Warrior FASAfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Same man! I was super stressed after missing out on everything from Powercon but the Toy Gods blessed me today lol.
    So the Toy Gods must be displeased with me, huh? I got nothing..

  3. #153
    Heroic Warrior ToyCulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by BushLady View Post
    Too funny! I failed on the traffic light, then failed on the boat (going too fast), but got the bike captcha.
    Luckily I was still was able to secure a Scare glow.
    This is all total random. I sat in a queue for minutes, when I was ready to checkout finally Scare Glow was gone. I was there right from the start and already logged in.

    Whatever, maybe regular Scare Glow will be the same without the funny box.

  4. #154
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,489
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    This is all total random. I sat in a queue for minutes, when I was ready to checkout finally Scare Glow was gone. I was there right from the start and already logged in.

    Whatever, maybe regular Scare Glow will be the same without the funny box.
    Maybe regular Scareglow will be even better anyways and actually glow all over.

  5. #155
    Heroic Warrior Reviews2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Fright zone
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Maybe regular Scareglow will be even better anyways and actually glow all over.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

  6. #156
    Heroic Warrior Ka Rot-Top's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Maybe regular Scareglow will be even better anyways and actually glow all over.
    If this Scareglow were cast in glow in the dark plastic like the Origins one, it would actually be a cooler figure in my opinion. Glow in the dark plastic is always better than the paint. Let's hope they release a retail version like that. This exclusive box however, can't be beat.

  7. #157
    Heroic Warrior ProteinNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    302
    Soooo many on eBay... 35 atm

    What a joke!

    Anyway, It dropped at like 2am here. I decided a few days ago that I didn't really want it, I've got the Mondo and Classics version anyway. If it was an easy buy I probably would have got it for the cool box but I don't really like the colours on the actual figure....to green and its weird only his head glows.

    I'll probably pass even when they do a retail launch (unless he has white bones) , the only thing interesting was the box imo.

    Anyway, sorry for those that wanted him and missed out....there has to be a better way to get these things to fans and not scalpers.

  8. #158
    Heroic Warrior SuperMario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    251
    In a hilarious twist of fate, Mattel screwed up and didnít get my $100 for figures but NECA got a $175 from me instead for the TMNT set.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #159
    Heroic Warrior FASAfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Soooo many on eBay... 35 atm

    What a joke!

    Anyway, It dropped at like 2am here. I decided a few days ago that I didn't really want it, I've got the Mondo and Classics version anyway. If it was an easy buy I probably would have got it for the cool box but I don't really like the colours on the actual figure....to green and its weird only his head glows.

    I'll probably pass even when they do a retail launch (unless he has white bones) , the only thing interesting was the box imo.

    Anyway, sorry for those that wanted him and missed out....there has to be a better way to get these things to fans and not scalpers.
    They should return to the mail aways:

    “Masterverse Scareglow! Yours free with 6 proof-of-purchases from Origins He-Man and 6 proof-of-purchases from Origins Skeletor! *Does not include shipping and handling. State and local taxes may apply. Offer expires October 31, 2021.”

    Get the glut off the shelves, at least!

  10. #160
    Evil Warrior Soulfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,836
    Got in and out no problem. Grabbed two. Hoping I can swing a trade with someone who missed on this but has extra Power-Con figs since I missed Faker and the Accessory pack.

  11. #161
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Got in and out no problem. Grabbed two. Hoping I can swing a trade with someone who missed on this but has extra Power-Con figs since I missed Faker and the Accessory pack.
    EXTRA Power-con figures???

  12. #162
    Council Elder zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    15,608
    Shocked that I was able to acquire 2 earlier today and happy for it- Scare Glow's always been a favorite and this is one of his best iterations in any line yet. I plan on using my spare as trade fodder to get a hold of the elusive Power-Con Exclusives, of which I was not so lucky to get.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

  13. #163
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,040
    Who tf is the Bad Robot action figure for? It's a logo. It's not even a mascot, it's a logo. That'd be like releasing an action figure of the McDonald's M.

    I don't get it. It's not like an actual character, it doesn't have a story anyone would know if they didn't watch the press release. It doesn't have a personality. It's just a logo. It's seriously like if they made an action figure of Wendy from Wendy's or the star from Carl's Jr/Hardee's (is the star named Carl?). Idk, it's really weird.

  14. #164
    Heroic Warrior darkmoon766's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,653
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Who tf is the Bad Robot action figure for? It's a logo. It's not even a mascot, it's a logo. That'd be like releasing an action figure of the McDonald's M.

    I don't get it. It's not like an actual character, it doesn't have a story anyone would know if they didn't watch the press release. It doesn't have a personality. It's just a logo. It's seriously like if they made an action figure of Wendy from Wendy's or the star from Carl's Jr/Hardee's (is the star named Carl?). Idk, it's really weird.
    It's been seen animated. It has limbs. There is a bit of a precedence of robots being made into toys/action figures. I agree a little about the corporatism thing, but its not that far off from any toy of any corporate owned IP.

    Hell, I could go for a really nice Mayor McCheese figure. mmm.

  15. #165
    Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Who tf is the Bad Robot action figure for?
    Itís for people who like all their favorite franchises ruined by a single man who can start a story but canít finish it.

  16. #166
    Heroic Warrior SuperMario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    251
    I think itís interesting that I can do the Haslab Galactus which will likely come with four figures for the cost of three of the 2021 eBay Scalper Exclusive Scareglows.

    What a stupid world we live in.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #167
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    at the Feet of Christ
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    I think itís interesting that I can do the Haslab Galactus which will likely come with four figures for the cost of three of the 2021 eBay Scalper Exclusive Scareglows.

    What a stupid world we live in.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "ebay scalper exclusive" That's a keeper.

    On the bright side, Revelations is going to suck, so in no time at all you'll suddenly be okay with missing him.

  18. #168
    Heroic Warrior banthafett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiEternia He-Man View Post
    Itís for people who like all their favorite franchises ruined by a single man who can start a story but canít finish it.
    good stuff.

  19. #169
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    "ebay scalper exclusive" That's a keeper.

    On the bright side, Revelations is going to suck, so in no time at all you'll suddenly be okay with missing him.
    Tfw Revelations ended up being really good and Scareglow was one of the best parts.

    Although, the presumably exclusive accessory makes no sense within the context of the show (like, he only had the dark half of the sword in the show). Also, the packaging doesn't make sense because there never was a Scareglow book (unless it's supposed to be a Trollan library book).

    So this is either based on part two, the prequel comic, or they just made packaging and extra accessory up.

    Imo a Scareglow and Orko two pack would have been much better, have it do a light show with some voice lines, and it would have been 10/10.

  20. #170
    Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5,031
    Had to do some clean up in here, gang. Remember this thread is about the toys - not the show. Thank you for staying on topic.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

  21. #171
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    1,619
    Iím shocked more people arenít upset at the fast sell out of scareglow. Maybe because a regular figure is coming soon?
    Comedian on the matty forums.

  22. #172
    Master of fear Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Petal, Mississippi
    Posts
    6,382
    That likely has much to do with it. That leak probably assuaged many hurt feelings! It also probably helps that this sale was apparently not a bloodbath on the scale of so many other recent online sales events.

  23. #173
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    That likely has much to do with it. That leak probably assuaged many hurt feelings! It also probably helps that this sale was apparently not a bloodbath on the scale of so many other recent online sales events.
    What are you talking about? The Scareglow figure sold out in less than 5 minutes. The Sgt. Slaughter figure sold out in less time than that. There was no live in-person SDCC event this year. All the figures produced had to be sold online. Either they produced a very small amount or the resellers got them via bots. On sale day, I was put in a queue that lasted minutes and others got through in seconds. That's ********! There's still no viable explanation for that.

    Being screwed like that, I'm not gonna buy a ****ing single Masterverse figure.

    **** Mattel!

  24. #174
    Council Elder Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,707
    Mattel uploaded some nice pics of the Wind Raider and indeed Scare Glow.
    I did all the art for both of these...which of course really adds to the value right...riiiiight?!

    They both sold out now of course but these pics are better.

    Screenshot 2021-07-22 at 17.16.14.jpg

    6_HCB07_PIP_21_0127PDP_1000_1500x.jpg

    7_HCB07_PIP_21_0139PDP_1000_1500x.jpg

    8_HCB07_PIP_21_0140PDP_1000_1500x.jpg

    10_HCB07_PIP_21_0148PDP_1000_1500x.jpg

  25. #175
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Mattel uploaded some nice pics of the Wind Raider and indeed Scare Glow.
    I did all the art for both of these...which of course really adds to the value right...riiiiight?!

    They both sold out now of course but these pics are better.

    Screenshot 2021-07-22 at 17.16.14.jpg

    6_HCB07_PIP_21_0127PDP_1000_1500x.jpg

    7_HCB07_PIP_21_0139PDP_1000_1500x.jpg

    8_HCB07_PIP_21_0140PDP_1000_1500x.jpg

    10_HCB07_PIP_21_0148PDP_1000_1500x.jpg
    Stunning. I am so excited and honored to be getting both of these. Fantastic job!
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •