Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Mattel MOTU Summer Exclusives - Masterverse Scare Glow, Hot Wheels, Mega Collabs

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Mattel uploaded some nice pics of the Wind Raider and indeed Scare Glow.
    I did all the art for both of these...which of course really adds to the value right...riiiiight?!

They both sold out now of course but these pics are better.
    Damn rights!

Loved Scare Glow getting his moment to shine..er, glow... in the new series. Brilliant stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kollec-Tor View Post
    What are you talking about? The Scareglow figure sold out in less than 5 minutes. The Sgt. Slaughter figure sold out in less time than that. There was no live in-person SDCC event this year. All the figures produced had to be sold online. Either they produced a very small amount or the resellers got them via bots. On sale day, I was put in a queue that lasted minutes and others got through in seconds. That's ********! There's still no viable explanation for that.

Being screwed like that, I'm not gonna buy a ****ing single Masterverse figure.

**** Mattel!
    Revelations has taken the wind out of my toy collecting sails. I wanted to embrace this line, but Iím not going to go all in with Spikor, Beast Man, etc. only to have them make figures of the cyborg Whiplash and have Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops in that ridiculous garb. Iím taking Skelegod back to Target, canceling my BBTS Wave 1 order, but keeping Battle Cat. Iím glad now that I missed out on Scareglow because that, Mattel, makes it that much easier to abandon this line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz.kate View Post
    Damn rights!

Loved Scare Glow getting his moment to shine..er, glow... in the new series. Brilliant stuff.
    Honestly, I found most of Scareglowís dialogue confusing and would have to rewatch exactly why Teela was able to break free. Was it a twist of Star Trek V and Kirk ďneeding his painĒ?

Quote Originally Posted by FASAfan View Post
    Revelations has taken the wind out of my toy collecting sails. I wanted to embrace this line, but I’m not going to go all in with Spikor, Beast Man, etc. only to have them make figures of the cyborg Whiplash and have Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops in that ridiculous garb. I’m taking Skelegod back to Target, canceling my BBTS Wave 1 order, but keeping Battle Cat. I’m glad now that I missed out on Scareglow because that, Mattel, makes it that much easier to abandon this line.
    Kind of a weird flex, but you do you.
    But part of me still wants to ask- if you like certain figures, why not just buy those and leave the rest? They're making Ridiculous Garb Tri-Klops whether you return Skelegod or not at this point. It just seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face, especially since this isn't a subscription based toyline or anything like that.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Mattel uploaded some nice pics of the Wind Raider and indeed Scare Glow.
    I did all the art for both of these...which of course really adds to the value right...riiiiight?!

They both sold out now of course but these pics are better.

Attachment 126623

Attachment 126624

Attachment 126625

Attachment 126626

Attachment 126627
    That Scareglow box is amazing man. You knocked it out of the park. I'm so excited for mine to arrive!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Kind of a weird flex, but you do you.
    But part of me still wants to ask- if you like certain figures, why not just buy those and leave the rest? They're making Ridiculous Garb Tri-Klops whether you return Skelegod or not at this point. It just seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face, especially since this isn't a subscription based toyline or anything like that.
    Honestly, for mundane reasons:

- Skelegod kinda looks ridiculous. I got him thinking I’d go all-in on this line, but I’m not liking the design choices of Revelations so far and having Skelegod staring at me would just serve to remind me of something I don’t really care for. Returning him is not supposed to be some slight against Revelations.

- Limited display space. Case in point: as much as I like the Mega Construx line, I simply don’t have the space and sold them today.

- Masterverse figures are larger than the vintage, origins and 200x figures that I have, so don’t mix well with them.

- I’m keeping Battle Cat because of the size of the figure. It’s like a statue!

- I’d never cut my nose off.

Honestly, for mundane reasons:

- Skelegod kinda looks ridiculous. I got him thinking Iíd go all-in on this line, but Iím not liking the design choices of Revelations so far and having Skelegod staring at me would just serve to remind me of something I donít really care for. Returning him is not supposed to be some slight against Revelations.

- Limited display space. Case in point: as much as I like the Mega Construx line, I simply donít have the space and sold them today.

- Masterverse figures are larger than the vintage, origins and 200x figures that I have, so donít mix well with them.

- Iím keeping Battle Cat because of the size of the figure. Itís like a statue!

- Iíd never cut my nose off.

Gotcha!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Honestly, I found most of Scareglowís dialogue confusing and would have to rewatch exactly why Teela was able to break free. Was it a twist of Star Trek V and Kirk ďneeding his painĒ?
    I think I appreciated it the most on my second watch, which is true of the whole thing.

He seems to feed off fear, which makes sense....so he strikes a devil's bargain, she can have the sword but she has to let him see her fear (fear of her own fate/doom/power), but "giving" that to him would be to succumb to it and remain trapped forever.

If she couldn't be trusted with the truth of He-Man, then she must not be worthy...

She's able to break free when she accepts and embraces that fear....which unlocks her hidden power. I mean, we know whose daughter she is and what her destiny will be, but she doesn't. They keep almost getting there and then something gets in the way.

Of course it still wasn't enough to escape without Orko's sacrifice.

Anyways...that's my quick view of it. And I'm sure if you ever changed your mind, the retail release will do just fine.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz.kate View Post
    I think I appreciated it the most on my second watch, which is true of the whole thing.

He seems to feed off fear, which makes sense....so he strikes a devil's bargain, she can have the sword but she has to let him see her fear (fear of her own fate/doom/power), but "giving" that to him would be to succumb to it and remain trapped forever.

If she couldn't be trusted with the truth of He-Man, then she must not be worthy...

She's able to break free when she accepts and embraces that fear....which unlocks her hidden power. I mean, we know whose daughter she is and what her destiny will be, but she doesn't. They keep almost getting there and then something gets in the way.

Of course it still wasn't enough to escape without Orko's sacrifice.

Anyways...that's my quick view of it. And I'm sure if you ever changed your mind, the retail release will do just fine.
    That scene was so badly executed. You didn't know whether to take it literally, metaphorically, or just what to assume. And if you aren't steeped in MOTU lore it would have made even less sense!

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Ok, gang. We are again going off topic and discussing the show. If you want to discuss the show, take it to the thread located here. Let's stay on topic and discuss the toys. Thanks.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!