Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattel MOTU Summer Exclusives - Masterverse Scare Glow, Hot Wheels, Mega Collabs

Heroic Warrior
    Pressed the buy bottom and it such switched to sold out.

Im going to take a guess that the standard version will just be his spear and a cape with no wire. If it's that what we get not getting this will not be that big of an issue.

Mattel MOTU Summer Exclusives - Masterverse Scare Glow, Hot Wheels, Mega Collabs

Refused my payment saying my security code didnít match (it was the correct one for that card), tried again, got the same message, tried a different card and got the non-matching security pin once again then sold out.

Collecting just continues to reach new levels of frustrating and unenjoyable level with stuff like this that itís hard to even want to continue to be a part of it anymore. Sick of toy company talking heads saying to not stress and just enjoy the toys. Hard to enjoy what I canít buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dino_Ranger_White View Post
    Another colossal cluster**** of a "pre-order". Reminded me of the ol' mattycollector days.

This is why I gave up collecting retail lines. Exclusives and utter ******** like this.

Thanks Mattel! Made my decision to not collect this line even easier!
    Tell me about it. I’m close to just chucking all my MOTU except for vintage and 200x up on eBay.

I was signed it, watched the timer go to zero, and had Scareglow in cart. Crashed processing payment. I’m on a freakin’ T1 line (or better) at work.

HOW CAN PEOPLE CHECK OUT SUCCESSFULLY WITH NOT ONLY SCAREGLOW, BUT OTHER ITEMS LIKE SLAUGHTER AND BEAT PEOPLE LIKE ME TO THE PUNCH!?

If they had so few why was it a limit of two per person?

Heroic Warrior
    Whoops, forgot about this sale and just saw Scare Glow is sold out. Guess I'll just get the retail version.

Widget

Scareglow is already on Ebay....wow!

I thought that there is a waiting period for preorders?!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa3Boys View Post
    I thought that there is a waiting period for preorders?!
    I was on my way there to check to see how outlandish it was already.
    Instagram: dadhausen

For this to sell out in 5 minutes with a limit of 2 per customer and with the captcha at checkout helping stop the bots, they obviously made far to few of these exclusives (once again). I would rather see fans happy to simply get the toys they want than have to be put through the ringer to get them (and even then miss out).

I was able to get mine no issues.
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    If they had so few why was it a limit of two per person?
    Sdcc are always small numbers but since they knew this was going to be online they should've produced more. But we also have to fight with bots so the numbers don't really matter overall.

Heroic Warrior
    I wasn't able to get to my computer by noon. Obviously I missed it. I'm not terribly bummed as I didn't have my heart set on it. I'm an origins guy. I just hope the ones that sold went to fans. But I'm guessing most people bought two. I know I probably would have because why not? You'll be able to sell it later and probably cover your original purchase. Reselling is so low effort and they do almost nothing to stop it besides a stupid captcha.

They should have limited it to 1 per person.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

For those of you that didn't score, keep checking back for the next few hours. There could possibly be canceled orders or Credit Card declines

eBay is already flooded with them so these clearly werenít going to fans of the property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FASAfan View Post
    Tell me about it. Iím close to just chucking all my MOTU except for vintage and 200x up on eBay.

I was signed it, watched the timer go to zero, and had Scareglow in cart. Crashed processing payment. Iím on a freakiní T1 line (or better) at work.

HOW CAN PEOPLE CHECK OUT SUCCESSFULLY WITH NOT ONLY SCAREGLOW, BUT OTHER ITEMS LIKE SLAUGHTER AND BEAT PEOPLE LIKE ME TO THE PUNCH!?
    So i used a method called "pre-cart". About 10min before i went on the site and looked for the cheapest thing i could find, a hot wheels pin, and went through all checkout steps until payment and then stopped. I then opened a new tab and waited till the sale started. Once Scareglow and the Jurassic Park set (other toy i wanted) were available i quickly added both to cart and deleted the hot wheels pin from the cart. Then i switched back to my other tab where i had the payment screen open and simply auto filled it and hit checkout and about 30 seconds later my order was confirmed.

This method works really well for shopify based sites such as the Mattel creations site. Hope this helps future sales.

I did get a scareglow, hot wheels motu set and the Jurassic park set. Sergeant Slaughter sold out in my cart.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Got Sarge and Scareglow with no issues. Iím actually stunned to see so many had issues.

Quote Originally Posted by omee View Post
    So i used a method called "pre-cart". About 10min before i went on the site and looked for the cheapest thing i could find, a hot wheels pin, and went through all checkout steps until payment and then stopped. I then opened a new tab and waited till the sale started. Once Scareglow and the Jurassic Park set (other toy i wanted) were available i quickly added both to cart and deleted the hot wheels pin from the cart. Then i switched back to my other tab where i had the payment screen open and simply auto filled it and hit checkout and about 30 seconds later my order was confirmed.

This method works really well for shopify based sites such as the Mattel creations site. Hope this helps future sales.
    As a sneaker collector where for the longest time there were no captcha on shopify sites and bots ruled every release, this is by far the best method.

These should be made to order. Have a window then close it. Say what you want about super7 and haslab, they have the most collector friendly system to date.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    As a sneaker collector where for the longest time there were no captcha on shopify sites and bots ruled every release, this is by far the best method.
    lol yah im a sneaker head and that's where this method comes from. Every second counts for heat drops no matter what the product is.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    These should be made to order. Have a window then close it. Say what you want about super7 and haslab, they have the most collector friendly system to date.
    Yeah but they cost 50 to 80 freaking bucks.

I had my wife order since I'm at work and she managed to get one before they sold out. Sorry to hear some of us didn't score one, these really should be made to order. Come on, Mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I agree, but Mattel believes that letting anyone know what they are going to make too early is like leaking the secrets of Grayskull.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    For those of you that didn't score, keep checking back for the next few hours. There could possibly be canceled orders or Credit Card declines
    Good idea! Will do!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dzathamza View Post
    Oh well that was a joke.
    Had in Scareglow in cart within 30 seconds of sale time. Then queued for about 5 minutes only to get told in the payment phase of check out that it is out of stock.
    Way to go Mattel.
    same here was on right away had Scareglow the Batman hotwheels and the Masters hotwheels set in my cart then hit the wait screen then told all but the Masters hot wheels set was sold out

Now I know Masterverse is a dead line to me.....kind of didnt want to collect it but if I got the Scareglow I would have
    Oh well more money for Super 7 stuff

I would suspect that Scareglow gets a regular release at some point.