Thread: Really confused about how to continue the story...

Court Magician

Really confused about how to continue the story...

Hey folks!

So I'm pretty confused about how/where to follow the official MOTU story that's out there. Here's what I mean:

I recently got the mini-comic collection book (from Dark Horse) and read through those, that was a hoot. But at the end of it, they have a couple of "Ultimate Battleground" comics, but not ALL of them. Is there a good way to read the rest of these, and if not, exactly which figures do they come with?

Beyond that, I just got a sealed Classics "Unnamed One" today and was VERY surprised to find that it came with a mini-comic called "the Fall of Eternia" -- I've bought a dozen Classics recently and none of them had mini-comics. So is this special pack-in comic related to the Ultimate Battleground, or is it before or after?

It was full of characters that never got a figure so that was pretty cool, but as someone coming back to MOTU after a long absence I'm just really confused.

Do I need to buy the figs that have the other comics? Does this continue into the DC comics? What is going on??

MOTU is just starting to settle into the idea of a multiverse. So there's going to be a bit of confusion as to where the story came from and is going. I have the same mini comic collection book and loved it until I got to the Classics comics. They don't have all of them and the ones they do have are in the middle of the story, and they read like so-so fan-fic.

As for how to get any of the classics comics, I'm not sure, this site use to have a section where you could look at many of the old, and some of the new comics, but it's gone now. Other than eBay I would say maybe check any local comic shops you might have. I found this one. Maybe if you have the names of the specific book you wanted you'd have better luck.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/18/2022

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Well first and foremost those comics are not all the same continuity. You've got the Pre-Filmatiuon comics, the post Filmation comics, 200X and others.

The final mini-comic to come with the vintage line was supposed to be part one of a series that would lead into the Powers of Grayskull spin-off line but when that line never got launched the rest of the story was not told. The Classics line did an alternate version starting with a retelling of the vintage part one but with MANY differences then did parts 2 and 3 but this was obviously NOT the direction it was originally going to go as the vintage Powers of Grayskull line was set to have He-Ro as the main character bu the Classics version reduces him to a bit player who gets killed quickly and stupidly so they can instead focus on King Grayskull (who wasn't created until the 200X series) ... Yeah I don't like the Classics continuity.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

As others have already said, the MOTUC mini-comics weren't great. If you still want to read them, someone posted a link to this amazing resource a while ago, I have no idea who it was though!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...UYYDwgX0aiFF3D

You need to download chapter 13 to get the minicomics.