Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Revelation | ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK - VOLUME 1 is coming

MOTU:R Original Series Soundtrack - Volume 1 [Talkback Thread]

UPDATED ON JULY 23rd

Click here to purchase the CD on Amazon.

Click here to purchase the MP3 on Amazon.

Click here to purchase the soundtrack on iTunes.

Click here to stream on Spotify.

Click here to purchase the CD on Walmart

--------------------

From Mattel's social media:

"We needed a master to create the Revelation soundtrack, and we got one! Bear McCreary created the perfect atmosphere for the action of the series."

Click here to pre-save.

The soundtrack will be available on July 23rd.

Last edited by Tallstar; August 16, 2021 at 09:34am.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, Mattel and Netflix seem to be going all out to support this show. It's really nice to see. I loved Bear McCreary's music from Battlestar Galactica, so I will likely get this. Now if only Mattel would announce a MOTU video game!

I'll reserve final judgement after watching the show, but I'm not sold on the music clips we've heard so far. No classic, recognizable themes. Sounds like a generic orchestral score.

As a fan of physical media, if this soundtrack is any good, I hope it gets a CD release.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic Warrior
    It'll be good to hear different tracks. Seems every clip they play has a copy/paste of Bear's He-Man anthem going on in them

Vinyl LP or nothing.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Wow, Mattel and Netflix seem to be going all out to support this show. It's really nice to see. I loved Bear McCreary's music from Battlestar Galactica, so I will likely get this. Now if only Mattel would announce a MOTU video game!
    BSG, Defiance, Black Sails, Agents of SHIELD, Snowpiercer, i mean thats just the tip of the iceberg. Man is quickly working his way to be the modern John Williams across the screen industry!

I might get it if it comes out on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Vinyl LP or nothing.
    Agreed.

Actually, I'm more than a little shocked that Mondo or Waxworks Records don't already have a vinyl release lined up for collectors. It's a no-brainer. Maybe once the second volume drops, they'll release it on vinyl as a set?
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Agreed.

Actually, I'm more than a little shocked that Mondo or Waxworks Records don't already have a vinyl release lined up for collectors. It's a no-brainer. Maybe once the second volume drops, they'll release it on vinyl as a set?
    I am too. When this was posted, I went straight to Mondo.

I really hope it’s put on vinyl. It needs it’s own comic as well!

This sounds totally awesome, I would love to check this out.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I'll see how I like the music when we watch the show. If I like it, I'd buy a CD (if possible).
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube (GIVEAWAY in Progress!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Hoping to like this enough to want to get it!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Heroic Warrior
    The soundtrack was great

Heroic Warrior
    Loved the music in the show. I will definitely get this soundtrack!

I found a pre-order for the soundtrack on CD on Walmart's website. $19.98, releases July 30.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bear-McCre...k-CD/761408723
    Last edited by Wakko; July 23, 2021 at 03:00pm.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I found a pre-order for the soundtrack on CD on Walmart's website. $19.98, ships August 5.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bear-McCre...k-CD/761408723
    Awesome! I'll update the opening post.

There is a listing on Amazon for the CD now as well. July 30 release date (same as Walmart), but no price yet.

Soundtrack for Masters of the Universe Revelation

Wow! Just wow! Bear McCreary really knocked it out of the park. I don't think the mix on the show does the score justice. It is huge and sweeping, worthy of a big screen motion picture. It even has the established theme (which I love), that runs through the various compositions.

I don't think the audio CD is available yet (July 30), but pt.1 is streaming in it's entirety (with ads) on YouTube Music.

Here's the official link: https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q...yBzKZcNeXgTlLA
    Last edited by ehenyo; July 27, 2021 at 09:38pm.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

I'm hoping a label picks it up to release on vinyl at some point. I have the cd pre-ordered from Wal-Mart, which feels wrong somehow (who orders music from... Wal-Mart? But it seemed to be the only option for the physical media release).
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Yes please on vinyl. Multi versions in all different colors.

I just watched Mondo's SDCC At Home music panel (guest featuring various other indie labels) hoping that one of them would announce a Revelation vinyl release, but no dice.
    Fingers crossed once the second batch of episodes drops, that they'll release something with both Parts 1 and 2 as a deluxe release. This score was amazing!

Heroic Warrior Long Live He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Vinyl LP or nothing.
    I support this statement.

I bought the MP3 from Amazon.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Digital album available on iTunes ($11.99) and Amazon ($11.49). iTunes has two of the tracks that are available only with the purchase of the album, Amazon doesn't block any of them out. Amazon also has the physical CD for $19.98(?!?).