Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Revelation | ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK - VOLUME 1 is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Digital album available on iTunes ($11.99) and Amazon ($11.49). iTunes has two of the tracks that are available only with the purchase of the album, Amazon doesn't block any of them out. Amazon also has the physical CD for $19.98(?!?).
    I'm not sure why there is such a huge price difference between the digital and physical releases, but I've ordered the physical! I've also updated the initial post to show some of the behind-the-scenes performances!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Court Magician
    I love it so much. Been listening to it on Spotify all week. The themes are so iconic. Love the techno-borg-sounding music in the background at Snake Mountain.

It's amazing! At times has a symphonic metal vibe and i love that !
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; July 28, 2021 at 12:22am.

Heroic Warrior
    Bought this earlier today and been listening to it all day.

Awesome, but McCreary does awesome work.

Mine arrived from Wal-Mart and, well, I should've known better. The jewel case is completely smashed like someone sat on it and so I've started the return process. Ordered from Amazon and fingers crossed it arrives in better shape!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Itís weird it says 1 disc version. I wonder if the will be a deluxe version?

Iím still waiting for the vinyl. Hopefully Mondo.

Thanks bought the CD!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Here is a blog from Bear detailing all the themes and background on this soundtrack!

https://bearmccreary.com/masters-of-...se-revelation/
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Been listening to a few tracks on Spotify this week, some cool stuff there, some a bit generic though. Worth a few listens though.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Been listening to a few tracks on Spotify this week, some cool stuff there, some a bit generic though. Worth a few listens though.
    The blog above touches on this! It's intentional.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    I immediately noticed and appreciated the music in Revelation, so I ordered the CD!

Granted, I no longer listen to CDs of course, and will have to rip it to MP3s, but I can't squash my desire to own something physical!

I've also ordered the CD. The music is great!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

I need this in my life. To Amazon...!
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube (GIVEAWAY in Progress!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

The music is very well done, but it's just not memorable. I think the issue here with the soundtrack is just a lack of leitmotifs and repetition. That's something I can really appreciate about the original score by Shuki Levy. Yeah, it can be argued that the "He-Man" motif was used too often in the soundtrack but there's a reason why when you think of He-Man, you can instantly recall the 1983 theme (same with She-Ra for that matter).

DreamWorks was able to use both the classic She-Ra theme and "I Have the Power" for an episode in Princesses of Power. I'm baffled why the original He-Man theme has yet to be featured in Revelation. Hopefully, it'll be used in one of the last 5 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by medium_pyro View Post
    I'm baffled why the original He-Man theme has yet to be featured in Revelation. Hopefully, it'll be used in one of the last 5 episodes.
    Kevin Smith explained that one. Apparently it was a licensing issue. Mattel does not own the rights to that music. My guess is they did not want to pay for the rights to use it.

I had ordered this from Amazon, but they changed the ship date to a window of mid-August to mid-September. Odd. It still seems to be available from Walmart for immediate shipping.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I received my CD today, but am wondering about something in the booklet.

Literally, the center of the booklet has Evil-Lyn on one side and on the other, HALF the panel of Beast-Man, Andra, and Roboto looking at the gate to Preternia. Do you guys have this too?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I had ordered this from Amazon, but they changed the ship date to a window of mid-August to mid-September. Odd. It still seems to be available from Walmart for immediate shipping.
    Mine is in route.

Did you order yours late? It now says on Amazon "Temporarily out of stock". Maybe demand was better than expected and they had to do another production run, which is great news for a Volume 2.

I got tracking for mine already, so I'll need to check on that. It won't arrive until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    I received my CD today, but am wondering about something in the booklet.

Literally, the center of the booklet has Evil-Lyn on one side and on the other, HALF the panel of Beast-Man, Andra, and Roboto looking at the gate to Preternia. Do you guys have this too?
    Yeah, it looks like someone majorily screwed up the page order unfortunately. It's not just the gate of Preternia image. Skeletor's fist in page 1 continues on page 4 and Evil-Lyn's staff on Page 5 continues on Page 8. My book even has staple holes, so it appears it was once stapled, removed, then re-stapled. Odd..

Well, here's some pics overall...

Yikes. That's embarrassing.

I ordered through another site, moviesunlimited.somethingorother; we'll see if it suffers the same mess.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube (GIVEAWAY in Progress!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Yikes. That's embarrassing. .
    Yeah, that's rough.

For what it's worth, I got my soundtrack from Amazon on Saturday, and the booklet appears to be in proper order.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic Warrior
    Picked it up last week to see how it will be for Starfinder/D&D games and it's really epic and perfect for either! 5 stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    For what it's worth, I got my soundtrack from Amazon on Saturday, and the booklet appears to be in proper order.
    Greaaaat. I guess I got a limited collector's item.

I'll request a replacement from Amazon. Hopefully my next one will have a correct booklet.