Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: MOTU Neck Gaiters - FYE Exclusive

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,471

    MOTU Neck Gaiters - FYE Exclusive

    Skeletor and Beast Man neck gaiters, FYE exclusives, releasing August 7, $12.99 each.

    Skeletor.jpeg

    Beastman.jpeg
    Last edited by Wakko; July 20, 2021 at 03:05pm.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,840
    What's a neck gator lol

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    What's a neck gator lol
    If you've ever watched Survivor, it's the same thing as a buff. It's a tube of stretchy material that can be worn in a bunch of different ways on the head and neck. (Some of the thinner female Survivors even wear them as tube tops or miniskirts). They can be folded and worn like a bandana or cap. Since COVID, a lot of people have worn them around their neck so they can pull them up over their mouth as an instant "mask." (Whether or not the material even comes close to providing protection is a whole other story.) That's why these are printed with Skeletor's and Beast Man's lower faces on them, so when they're pulled up, you "look like" Skelly or Beast Man (from the eyes down, anyway... sorta).
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    If you've ever watched Survivor, it's the same thing as a buff. It's a tube of stretchy material that can be worn in a bunch of different ways on the head and neck. (Some of the thinner female Survivors even wear them as tube tops or miniskirts). They can be folded and worn like a bandana or cap. Since COVID, a lot of people have worn them around their neck so they can pull them up over their mouth as an instant "mask." (Whether or not the material even comes close to providing protection is a whole other story.) That's why these are printed with Skeletor's and Beast Man's lower faces on them, so when they're pulled up, you "look like" Skelly or Beast Man (from the eyes down, anyway... sorta).
    Oh ok.i know what they are now

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,471
    I'm not sure if anyone was interested in these, but it appears they may have been cancelled. They were supposed to be released today (8/7), but if you search Master of the Universe Neck Gaiters on fye.com, you don't get any results. A direct link to the Skeletor gaiter (see first post in this thread) brings you to a page that says it's unavailable. Who knows...
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  6. #6
    Broncos lovin' admin! dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    17,397
    I've received one of my Skeletor ones today. The others have already shipped.


  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cox's Creek, KY
    Posts
    549
    WOW! That print is waaaaay huge!
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior banthafett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,007
    that looks ridiculous. Looks more like a mad ball.

  9. #9
    Broncos lovin' admin! dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    17,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    WOW! That print is waaaaay huge!
    I just noticed your signature. Are you a big Monkees fan?

  10. #10
    Bang Your Head
    MossMan710179's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    10,815
    Yikes! I assume they fit tightly? That's my issue with those things, is that they are tight and press down on my nose more than I would like them too...

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cox's Creek, KY
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I just noticed your signature. Are you a big Monkees fan?
    Yep. I've always said that I was destined to be a nerd. I was born at the height of Batmania, two days younger than Star Trek and two days older than the Monkees. Headed to Tennessee in a couple of weeks to see the farewell tour.
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

  12. #12
    Broncos lovin' admin! dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    17,397
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    Yikes! I assume they fit tightly? That's my issue with those things, is that they are tight and press down on my nose more than I would like them too...
    It is tight. I thought it was just my fat head.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Yep. I've always said that I was destined to be a nerd. I was born at the height of Batmania, two days younger than Star Trek and two days older than the Monkees. Headed to Tennessee in a couple of weeks to see the farewell tour.
    Awesome! Because my mother was such a big fan, I grew up with them. I've seen them live three times. We're considering a road trip to Kansas to see the farewell tour.

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cox's Creek, KY
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I've seen them live three times. We're considering a road trip to Kansas to see the farewell tour.
    I think this will be my seventh concert (maybe eighth...) but it's the first time seeing Mike so the nearly four hour trip to Knoxville will be worth it even if the seats are in the back of the balcony. Was supposed to see them in Nashville in April of last year, then that got moved to August, then to November and again to April of this year then just outright cancelled. The only show that wasn't "good" was 2002 in Louisville but that wasn't Micky or Davy's fault, giant electrical storm moved in during the outdoor show which probably cut 45 minutes from the set.
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •