Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Episode 1 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Masters of the Universe Revelation Episode 1 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Expect *SPOILERS* in this thread after this episode debuts on Netflix.

This thread will be unlocked closer to the air date.

Additional He-Man.Org Rules and Guidelines for This Thread - Please Read!

There has been a lot of discussion on where specific topics to be discussed land within this thread. This forum is intended to be all-ages and more light-hearted in spirit and is not to be dragged down into the typical debates about sex, politics, race and religion we see online often leading to anger and hurt feelings. Those topics can still be discussed, however they will be discussed in the Tar Swamp where there is a more open, adult platform for those topics.
    To help keep the forums fun and friendly, the admins and moderators have conversed and decided guidelines on what can and can’t be discussed in this thread and what will be referred to the Tar Swamp.

What can be discussed:
    • The specific reasons why we enjoy the show
    • Constructive reasons why we dislike the show
    • Reasons why we like/enjoy specific characters
    • Constructive reasons why we dislike characters
    • Relationships between characters (all inclusive and diversity - heterosexual, homosexual, pan, etc.) that are clearly defined in the cartoon

Topics for the Tar Swamp:
    • Debates about sex, politics and religion
    • Debates about race (discussion on race swapping of characters is allowed, but must not be political in nature)
    • Debates about morality and any sexually related topic, or any politics associated with sexuality
    • Speculation about a character’s sexuality

Co-Creator of the NV
    * clears throat *
    ermagherd he's deaaaaaad!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I love how matter of factly Marlena mentions that Cringer can't breathe.. like a total lack of emotion or inflection

Marlena always knew!! I love Prince Adam
    Lord Hordak

Court Magician Skeletor's Lackey's Avatar
    First episode is pretty good. The designs of the characters are basically updated versions of the Filmation series. A lot happened in 25 minutes. Teela and Randor find out Adam's secret, Moss Man, He-Man/Prince Adam, Skeletor...all gone. Strange way to start things, but enjoying it so far.

"Oh, hey Moss-Man!"

20 seconds later....

"Dang. Bye, Moss-Man"

Co-Creator of the NV
    Great episode and sacrifice

Not caring for many of the voice actors..

Aaaand Mossman is mulch

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    "Oh, hey Moss-Man!"

20 seconds later....

"Dang. Bye, Moss-Man"
    Jeez, seriously? But he's a Wave 1 action figure!

I guess nobody is safe.

Seriously, though... "Mommy, can you please buy me the toy of that guy who got killed after being onscreen for ten seconds?"
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

If fantasy and science fiction movies or TV shows have taught me anything throughout my life, it's that just because someone gets killed off, it doesn't mean they can't come back later on. I mean, look at Callisto in Xena: Warrior Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    If fantasy and science fiction movies or TV shows have taught me anything throughout my life, it's that just because someone gets killed off, it doesn't mean they can't come back later on. I mean, look at Callisto in Xena: Warrior Princess.
    Oh, I will most certainly look at Callisto. Often, and long.

Also, I thought you didn't like Spoilers? Or did I mix you up with someone else? If so, sorry about that.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Oh, I will most certainly look at Callisto. Often, and long.

Also, I thought you didn't like Spoilers? Or did I mix you up with someone else? If so, sorry about that.
    Callisto is one of my favourite characters in any franchise, and I've never had problems with spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Callisto is one of my favourite characters in any franchise, and I've never had problems with spoilers.
    Gotcha. Carry on!

Heroic Warrior

He's just pining for the Fjords

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post

He's just pining for the Fjords
    Times like this I wish I had your phone number.

Heroic Warrior
    Noice!

Great first episode, give it a solid 9.
    Her anger, I believe, is justified.
    Took the good parts of the Filmation series, the parts that I think still work for me today like the world building and mythology, and made those that don't better: less campiness from both Skeletor and He-Man, more committment to the violence that a sword & sorcery world entails...and Orko and Cringer.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I'm not crazy about some of the voices, but Evil Lyn is awesome

Lol my wife was shocked that He-Man died …. I CANT BELIVE THEY KILLED HIM!!! She kept yelling lol

She isn’t into comics much and doesn’t realise they will obviously bring him back at some stage.

Overall I liked it. Some voice actors better than others. Lena Heady is killing it. No issue with Mark Hamill as skeletor. Sarah MG is passable.

Heroic Warrior

I guess nobody is safe.

Seriously, though... "Mommy, can you please buy me the toy of that guy who got killed after being onscreen for ten seconds?"
    I mean, when I was a kid I begged my mom for Bail and Breha Organa and I'm fairly certain Breha was only in ROTS for like three seconds from behind holding baby Leia.

Of course, I was the weird kid who had Lobot in his top ten Star Wars characters (still do tbh, but now it's justified since he's been made cool by the comics).

But yeah, it sucked seeing Moss Man die so soon. Hopefully he'll be back or something, because he's one of my favorites.

Also, I really liked this episode.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really liking the voice cast for the most part. The only exception is Randor and Orko. Diedrich Bader's voice is just too inseparable from Batman for me (since I grew up on Batman Brave and the Bold, and I loved Harley Quinn).

And idk, Orko's voice is too low.

I guess nobody is safe.

Are the Revelation toys even for kids? I'll admit, I have zero interest in toys and haven't been following the toy market at all, so I may be completely off... but from what I've seen the MOTU toys seem to be more geared towards collectors and adult fans. Certainly not to kids who are young enough to say "mommy." And in my experience collectors buy anything they can get their hands on regardless.
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

I thought the first episode was great. I feel a lot of the voice acting to be a bit stiff and "grand" and the dialogue at times quite clunky, especially when they are punning/quipping (which I get is on purpose) - but the story and the characters are really fun. I am enjoying it very much!

Skeletor Kills Adam

Lol

This is all so stupid and wrong

- - - Updated - - -

I love the Vehicles. They Show them a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

The painting and colors are Fab

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I think Heman will return. So maybe teela is only that big in wave 1 after he man Returns or something like this?

- - - Updated - - -

Me too.

It he will return
    He man never dies

- - - Updated - - -

Marlena is ugly and it's not good painted.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dina M View Post
    Are the Revelation toys even for kids? I'll admit, I have zero interest in toys and haven't been following the toy market at all, so I may be completely off... but from what I've seen the MOTU toys seem to be more geared towards collectors and adult fans. Certainly not to kids who are young enough to say "mommy." And in my experience collectors buy anything they can get their hands on regardless.
    They're for kids in the same way Marvel Legends, DC Multiverse, Fortnite Legendary Series, GI Joe Classified, and Star Wars Black Series/The Vintage Collection are for kids. Like, they're definitely for older kids (probably the ten and up crowd) or kids with rich parents.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    Noice!

Great first episode, give it a solid 9.
    Her anger, I believe, is justified.
    Maybe it was justified but she chose the wrong time to vent it. Absolutely disgraceful outburst in front of grieving parents, literally within 60 seconds of the news reaching their ears. Making it all about her.

I don't know if I am alone on this, but I totally choked back tears when Marlena broke down when they got the news that He-Man perished. It was a bitter sweet way to finally have it revealed that she knew Adam was He-Man was all along. The scene was well played out, with Randor being completely confused until she screamed that He-Man was their son Adam.

Moss man's death actually made me gasp. It was at the moment that the series went from the charm of the 80s cartoon to an adult themed show.

My first impression though is that I like it, it doesn't feel connected to the 80s series though but feels more connected to the 200x series. I am not sure why I get that vibe from it, it might be the animation and darker story arcs.

Heroic Warrior
    I was enjoying Teela's rant right up until she said "Adam was no different", if she had just stuck to everything else and kept carrying the torch for him out of grief while giving it to everyone who enabled him, it would have been fine. No need to put him under the bus.

I still think everyone reacted incredibly badly, petty, selfish and out-of-character over this, Teela's reaction came out of nowhere for me, but meh, "needs moar edge". Geller was whiny as all hell in the delivery too.

I'll give this one a 3/5.

I forgot to add.. I guess we now know what He-Man was wearing or lack of wearing under his loin cloth